Am I the only one annoyed by this?

Wolverine Queen

Stalker
Society
Supremacy Reign
Anna Wolverine Queen
When I come to Twin Peaks, this is what I find. And it bugs me a LOT.

City that once was the best place to hang out at, has been transformed to a gigantic laggy car shop. F*ck!

My computer isnt super fast, so it makes me lag a lot, and as my picture shows I cant even stand next to the balcony anymore.

And the sad part is that all the vehicles in my picture are owned by 2 persons. Come on.

Well yes you are the only one.

But .. the lag is made by the avatars and their different clothes/colors etc. This has to be streamed from the server. If you watch closy you always see that cars load instant and it takes awhile avatars are loading. How ? I dunno but vehicles might by annoy because their are so many but it aint the real problem for lag.

P.S hoping Twins gets update next week with optimized engine like PA

dune BUGgies. ;)

you always see that cars load instant
I've NEVER seen my car load instantly. The little green arrow does show pretty quickly when I spawn the vehicle, but the vehicle itself takes a long while to load, so I think it more or less uses the same streaming process you are talking about with avatars...

I have seen a lot less lag in PA lately, so maybe they did increase server power there... now if they can do it elsewhere too.

i remeber people complain about pets in twin or PA. I guess when (and if) them will back EVERYBODY will just shoutup about.
DC

Twin Peaks was laggy long before vehicles arrived. Your outfit probably takes longer to load than a vehicle.

City that once was the best place to hang out at, has been transformed to a gigantic laggy car shop. F*ck!

My computer isnt super fast, so it makes me lag a lot, and as my picture shows I cant even stand next to the balcony anymore.

And the sad part is that all the vehicles in my picture are owned by 2 persons. Come on.

Indeed, saw it, same in Port Atlantis, although I ignore it, I hardly go to these places anymore.
Just be prepare for the regular :handjob: excuses.

In the end it all boils down to lack of respect. :wise:

Jese dont know why the car sellers need to show them.

SAY IT DONT DISPLAY IT

You aren't the first to complain about vehicle parking - though perhaps not in Twin Peaks.

This problem is initial exuberance, isn't it. It'll work its way through - partly through the fashion dying out; partly because something inevitably will be done to deal with the nerf. Various suggestions have been made elsewhere.

I would expect that some some of decay penalty will be introduced for unocccupied vehicles, but I'm so often wrong. :D

There's the control freak within me that says all vehicles should be parked in their proper places (with a whole profession devoted to vehicle control - traffic wardens, air control, parking tickets, parking ticket manufacture ...)! But there's also the anarchist that just loves the show offs, especially those who crash their VTOLs (I love watching a VTOL morph into garbage).

But .. the lag is made by the avatars and their different clothes/colors etc. This has to be streamed from the server. If you watch closy you always see that cars load instant and it takes awhile avatars are loading. How ? I dunno but vehicles might by annoy because their are so many but it aint the real problem for lag.

Slow connection and a PC that isn't too fast will make it even worse. Info from servers are
only for the client to build up right objects with right textures (these are stored in the library
for EU), and right settings for every texture too. Stuf that isn't textured and/or colored will
probably show up faster.
If there are 40 avatars with a lot of unique and complex clothes on them, it
will for sure take some time to render this... ;)

No you are not alone. I'm also sick and tired of coming to twins, only to see it look like a junkyard. Not only does it look very bad, it's disruptive in many ways.

This is total BS to me(not aimed for you specifically ranpha), but twin was laggy as hell for me last winter(before vehicles) then just before the cars came the place seemed to been coded better or something as it wasn't any trouble with lag anymore(still some but thats totally due to my hardware I guess)
The day after vehicle was introduced it was laggy as hell too creating crashes all the time once I got to twin and freezing for 10seconds or so as a vehicle entered my radar view. Just before the other vehicles was introduced the lag from cars was gone =no more freeze when they entered(except twin ofc)
And now the lag/freeze have come back as soon as a VTOL or something enters my radar view.

So no it's not avatars alone that cause this or my hardware/connection, as it have been improved several times it cant be my own "fault" or have I done something in my sleep to make it better and then worse again?

Thats the term I been searching for...

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sure I can accept it in Twin(as I never go there anymore because of this, or PA), but wth do people do it at PA where the noobs we all want come first and I'm sure a lot of them is greeted with a ctd when they arrive to our "real" planet...
I once saw a person with 6 or more vehicles out in PA got a ctd before I located them, so sent a PM here instead and got a reply which I'm happy with.
And if you do it to sell, show ONE with cool textures and then show the rest in a less populated area, is that so hard?

PS. I dont want any restrictions to spawning vehicles or such just that the majority show respect for those without the same uber hardware you have...

BTW i remember Hanne saying somewhere they are investigating the lag problesm and try to solves it. It all comes down to connection speed ofc not your computer or anything (well a good computer helps ofc)

BTW i remember Hanne saying somewhere they are investigating the lag problesm and try to solves it. It all comes down to connection speed ofc not your computer or anything (well a good computer helps ofc)

Well I can say that the lag im getting is FPS lag, and its not my connection, i have 100mb net.

I dont really care about when ppl leave their vehicles out, its when they leave 10-20 vehicles out that I am annoyed... not because it gets laggy (cuz it doesnt), but because it blocks the entire area so its hard to see where people ya looking for are and stuff like that :dunno:

I maybe wrong but it's not really about the lag?.. I have a crappy old PC and vehicles do not pose a lag issue to me.. it's maybe more about the lack of respect and the urge to needlessly show off with vehicles and monopolise the space that many of us value. Just yesterday I saw at least 12 cars all owned by one person parked in a popular trade spot, I commented in chat about it too :p

Try clicking on an avatar you wish to speak with while blocked by a wall of cars.

Does anyone remember the old VU 9 Port Atlantis with all the static tanks, non driveable VTOLs and 'speeder bikes'? It reminds me of that, only this time they work.

Doesn't bug me really, but then pets didn't when people did that, although I appreciate it causes lag.

:)

Send a ticket. Rule 8. Paragraph .c

OK, I try again... info sent from servers are only info to client what type of object
it has to build, and what type of texture and color it gonna have.
The faster the PC is, the faster it will do the task.
If you have a slow PC that can't build this up fast enough, you *will* experience
build-up-"lag" since the PC is too slow when too much has to be built. :)
So it for sure has to do with what type of PC you have.

It's more interesting in PA.

Landing at the new arrivals TP, I see vehicles "humping" each other for a few secs before everything else loads.

Kind of funny.

Dear Wolverine Queen.

I understand you are Bugged by this.
Sure it would be better to keep the vehicles on the road instead on the promenade.
Simply the fact MA is not able to introduce this limitations together with an Item-Release, since al new items are live BETA´s inGame. (MA need to check the acceptance and the influrence to adjust the item parameters).

I remember the past, when most people i know in EU was hopefulyawaiting the intro of Vehicles..
Now theyr here and the rumor beginns :D

Im courious how MA wil manage that you cannot drive on foot-walk.
For the Air- & Water- Vehicles it wil be simple. (No spawn or use on the ground.)
Landing only on an airfield or outside a town and Boats only on a landing or outside a town.

I think they wil manage it same as mining on rocks or in the water. (This place is not suitabe for use of this vehicle).
Programming for this is alrady in work i gues.

Until this is done MA wil make it non-profitabe to craft vehicles in order to keep the abuse limited.

About the LAG´s:
LAGs in EU are a topic over years now.
My experience say. You need an PC-Upgrade or "Fast-Path" when your provider filters your internet communication.

In 2003 PE (Now EU) was Laggy. Today it is only with server overloads like Events or non-public server tests.

My Tip:

Keep cool and take time for your EU experience.
You wil see MA wil manage this new feature for optimal fun to get you deposit to get a vehicle.

Kind regards,
Rasta (Alias Hollyman)

OK, I try again... info sent from servers are only info to client what type of object
it has to build, and what type of texture and color it gonna have.
The faster the PC is, the faster it will do the task.
If you have a slow PC that can't build this up fast enough, you *will* experience
build-up-"lag" since the PC is too slow when too much has to be built. :)
So it for sure has to do with what type of PC you have.
WTF ska inte 2 st GTX 480 kort med tot över 3gb grafikminne duga längre?
Translated: WTF is not 2 x GTX 480 cards total more than 3GB of video memory good enough anymore?

What is the problem here? and I assure you that the connection speed is really good too...

Stop trying to excuse MA's faulty programming as it has to be and respect other players(maybe you do but to the once that don't), seen Hanne mention that ranpha said too.

Indeed, saw it, same in Port Atlantis, although I ignore it, I hardly go to these places anymore.
Just be prepare for the regular :handjob: excuses.

Try PA main tp its not actually car friendly

Well I can say that the lag im getting is FPS lag, and its not my connection, i have 100mb net.

In that case, there is something very wrong with your computer.

I have no serious lag, with the fullest graphics settings, and I only have a 12m connection. But ... my computer is only a year old, and I maintain it well; I don't run any other programs with it while on Calypso; and I'm only round the corner from the exchange (countered by the fact that I'm only round the corner too from two internet cafes :()

New graphics card? Driver update? Clean the computer out? See the half glass full?

Last edited:
Why is it lack of respect to display vehicles? Is it lack of respect for 20 resellers with all their avatar and clothing textures to stand there and spam?

Why is it lack of respect to display vehicles? Is it lack of respect for 20 resellers with all their avatar and clothing textures to stand there and spam?

Youre right.
Could be a good rule to only alow to spawn one active vehicle per user.
Exeption could be a active guest with driver seat permission. (outside of walkways/ Towns)

Translated: WTF is not 2 x GTX 480 cards total more than 3GB of video memory good enough anymore?

What is the problem here? and I assure you that the connection speed is really good too...

Stop trying to excuse MA's faulty programming as it has to be and respect other players(maybe you do but to the once that don't), seen Hanne mention that ranpha said too.
Ofc I respect them, this has zero to do with that. I just get tired when I see
that people seem to think everything is loaded from server, and sent to client.
It's just the guidance that are sent, not basic textures and objects.
´
If you have 2x 480gtx with 3gb VM, I guess you also have a fast RAID setup.
Sadly I've seen people max their PCs with SLI, but they use a "slow" HDD.
If the HDD can't feed the system with info fast enough, there will be buildup lag.

Excuse MA's faulty programming... yeah right. :D Imo, it's like No Loot, it shows
up way too often... ;)

Ofc I respect them, this has zero to do with that. I just get tired when I see
that people seem to think everything is loaded from server, and sent to client.
It's just the guidance that are sent, not basic textures and objects.
´
If you have 2x 480gtx with 3gb VM, I guess you also have a fast RAID setup.
Sadly I've seen people max their PCs with SLI, but they use a "slow" HDD.
If the HDD can't feed the system with info fast enough, there will be buildup lag.

Excuse MA's faulty programming... yeah right. :D Imo, it's like No Loot, it shows
up way too often... ;)

With respect, but everyone know EU is or for free and lack of pure fun or pay and get the best.
Others do same.

Free gameplay & when you like more you have to pay for it.
I think MA has a good ballance between freeplay and upps.

We all know it cost a few 100,- $ or € to get up in EU.
Why not spare a few deposids and buy the right gear to up the game with more grafics power.

I not understand peeps who deposit a lot of money and keep they PC get sick by out to date.

I can build EU valid PCs from 300,- € up to (You not like to know how much a PC can cost) ;)
Is it to much to get real game grafics & Lagg-Free fun?

Sry i talk about investments, but EU is an investment or a trashcan.
Be lagged cause old PC can cost you more than a deposid when you do real EU play.

fix: decay for spawning a vehicle ;)

fix: decay for spawning a vehicle ;)

Like change clothes?

Lets get this sugestions together:

-Decay on spawn.
-Only one spawn vehicle per avatar.
-No drive on walkways.

Right?

Back