an analogy

yasic

Old
Yaroslav Yasic Naumenko
Would this analogy be good to explain this free game to a new player?

"Entropia is free much like shopping in a mall is free: You can walk around, see the sights, perhaps get a few free samples; if you really want to get something you have to pay"

Rather like a brothel, you may get a look for free, but to play you have to pay.

Rather like a brothel, you may get a look for free, but to play you have to pay.
Yes, this is more accurate, once you get that gambling feeling, your hornyness won't stop you from paying the price :)

I think either of those are appropriate...

However, it occured to me, why bother trying to explain it at all?

My experience has been that I don't really have to explain EU to people, merely mention the name. If they're even vaguely interested in the subject, they'll research it themselves, download the game and have a try.

Pretty much anyone who I've actually gone out of my way to get them to try it has hated it from the moment they click the 'Launch' button on the client loader (and some before!)

It really does seem that either you get it or you don't. In my experience, the ones that don't get it are usually the more intelligent. Ironic?

"And there are a few cents lying around on the floor (sweating) that you can collect if ya want to play"? :laugh:

Some people never seem able to understand "analogy's".

I knew a girl who never ever got them. She was hard work. She asked a question about a pair of £5 shoes and a £200 dress (do they go together??), and i replied "It's like comparing apples and pears" and her reply was "I am not asking you about fruit, I am asking about a dress and a pair of shoes!!!"

We was chalk and cheese, and she did not understand that one either, when we split up!

"Entropia is free much like shopping in a mall is free: You can walk around, see the sights, perhaps get a few free samples; if you really want to get something you have to pay"

Just explain it the FPC way:

"Freedom obscure purpose" :laugh:

Not exactly, in EU you can sell the "free samples" (sweat, stones, fruits) to other players. And you do not get kicked out of the "mall" for lingering around all the time without ever buying something :D
If you are in no hurry, you can wait till you have made enough PEDs to do something "else".
A ex-soc mate of mine went "stone walking" as he called it, he made around 150 PEDs per day and surely found more interesting places than me with my TP chip :D

Back