an idea for storage in apartments

Jambayze

Prowler
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Captain Jambayzie Bahama
No matter what apartment you have, the item count seems low. Of the apartments I have owned, a "D" and a "G" and the others I have visited, even when they are at maximun capacity, they look sparse. If you put a couple suits of armour or a weapon collection, you use up several items in your "item count". This is compounded by the fact that you can't just stick stuff to the wall, you have to put it on a display screen (which adds an item). Then you add a couple curtains, a table and some chairs and a shelf, and before you know it, your apartment is full.

I suppose there is a problem with MA just upping the item count, or they would do that.

so how about this: Display screens, tables, and shelves work like storeage boxes. That is, if you put 5 pistols on a display screen, it counts as one item, not 6. If you put your "Ore Museum" (10 rocks of ore) on a shelf, that is one item, not 11. The "storeage Furniture" could have limits just the way storeage boxes do. That way, it would be way more fun to have an apartment, We could decorate AND show off our "collections" instead of choosing 1 or the other.

This seems so obvious that MA should have done this long ago.
A display screen plus everything on it should count as one item. I believe that only some things can be put on a screen (not tables or chairs for example). If MA want us to decorate our apartments then they should make it easier for us.

Great suggestion - +rep :)

On a side note i think that the limits currently existing for screens / displays need also a further look. 15 item points for a display to view videos might be understandable in official places to not add to the lag but inside of appartments they should never exceed 5 item points which is more then enough.
And it should be allowed to view all activated screens / displays at the same time, not just ~10 while the others stay dark.
Pictures / Screens and displays can add alot to an appartment but currently with the low item point numbers avaiable not many people use them for decoration.

Issues

Don't worry about me - been a long night. <removed>

No matter what apartment you have, the item count seems low. Of the apartments I have owned, a "D" and a "G" and the others I have visited, even when they are at maximun capacity, they look sparse. If you put a couple suits of armour or a weapon collection, you use up several items in your "item count". This is compounded by the fact that you can't just stick stuff to the wall, you have to put it on a display screen (which adds an item). Then you add a couple curtains, a table and some chairs and a shelf, and before you know it, your apartment is full.

I suppose there is a problem with MA just upping the item count, or they would do that.

so how about this: Display screens, tables, and shelves work like storeage boxes. That is, if you put 5 pistols on a display screen, it counts as one item, not 6. If you put your "Ore Museum" (10 rocks of ore) on a shelf, that is one item, not 11. The "storeage Furniture" could have limits just the way storeage boxes do. That way, it would be way more fun to have an apartment, We could decorate AND show off our "collections" instead of choosing 1 or the other.

I fully agree, I have a G apartment and it gets too full all the time. I agree that the limit is too low. There should be more "containers" that act as 1 item including all the contents and can be used to display our items in the apartments.

I previously offered this sugggestion to MA that goes with the general idea of this thread, but nothing like it has come up yet... might as well plug it again :)

Cheers :beerchug:

what happens if you decide to put a Mod Fap on your screen:confused::confused::D:D:D

what happens if you decide to put a Mod Fap on your screen

it just sits there... just hope like heck that you weren't close enough to the wall that the fap sunk in to the wall where you can't get to it anymore, or even worse, it fell through the wall to the other side and is now sitting out in the open ready for anyone to come buy and pick it up.

This is a very good idea! +rep.

I just got an apartment over the weekend and noticed that we can't drop items with attachments (i.e. rifles with scopes and lasers). That kinda sucks too.

it just sits there... just hope like heck that you weren't close enough to the wall that the fap sunk in to the wall where you can't get to it anymore, or even worse, it fell through the wall to the other side and is now sitting out in the open ready for anyone to come buy and pick it up.
Oh god! That can happen???

I agree completely.
In theory run out of item space buy another apartment.
In reality run out of item space don't buy anymore items.

Implementing this would be beneficial to both the client and the provider.

I just got an apartment over the weekend and noticed that we can't drop items with attachments (i.e. rifles with scopes and lasers). That kinda sucks too.

This was introduced to stop people loosing attachments. It was a feature request if I remember correctly.

You would figure you could store more in an apartment. Shoot you can store 500 items in the free storage they have. And I like the idea of items in the display. If you have a display you could put the amount of items stated on it and it not count toward your apt storage. Good post Jam.

totaly. this is what we want

You should be able to buy a storage unit, like the ones in auction house, to store stuff in

Great idea :) +rep!

I have tons of textures in my app and nowhere near the room to store them all there. Storage boxes suck too due weight limit, so that is not an option either, would be great to see that implemented! :yay:

Yes indeed, the condominiums have horribly low item limits. Especially considering your expected to actually pay a fee every month you want access to it.
which may be why there were still a ton left on auction even a year after MA introduced them and stuck the whole lot on auction.
Most of the large ones were taken but only few seemed to want a small one.

A nice larger item limit would go along ways to making the ones on CND much more valuable.

The idea of making tables, and display boards work like storage would be especially nice. We actually might see more player owned museums and awesomely decorated apartments.

The item points for mannequins should be lowered too since they are basically just a display tool.
Though the shopkeeper should keep the current item point rate it has.

Storage boxes are nearly useless too due to the item number and or weight limits.
The availability of the safe and chest and the associated extreme prices for them make them much less useful too, and those 2 and the purses are the only really decent storage items around. The availability and price of them in spite of them being crafted items makes them all but impractical.
Only the purses are close to being affordable, but they don't quite hold enough.
hopefully they all will be improved after cryengine, thats the best we can hope for for now.

Omegaton Beta

Speaking of Nice Apartments.. everyone go an check out one of the best decorated apartments around and see exactly what it means to have "no space" left even if it looks sparse and empty inside :)

Ran out of item points a long time ago but there is just so much to craft for them now not to mention collect.. You have to use a lot of points just to get a window looking good.. not to mention there are things that I cant fit in even though i would love too..

And we won´t even get into the total lack of proper programming that would allow locked terraces so punks are unable to steal from them.. That debate and complaints have been going on for at least 4 years now.. They lose out on for example Grills, picnic benches, patio umbrellas, outside furniture etc..

But head on up to Omegaton West Beta 8G and while there, 8F and 8B as well.. :wtg:

Dave

Back