Question: And a tip for miners

Sorry but i have to jump in here. No tool is useless.. and i will tell you this much if you simply mine with the assumption that one tool is enough whether its 105 or vr3k you are going to lose. I ran line last night 4 globals 50m apart 455m , 1245m, 1624, 655. I used 105 and vrx3k to find them. You know what came in between. Prospecting Geology, mineral sense all doubled up and low and behold i switched finder and found what was out of the ASD of the 105.

I like many other miners that have been around a long time can tell you they have found mixed depth deposits many times. Im sorry Legion but you are becoming a prisoner of your own theories. You are stuck on this deep thing.. i can have days where i can go to the same spot and nothin and i mean nothing is hitting deep PERIOD. But of105, 211, 220, tt finder may hit.

I think its time to stop assuming that any system that is inherent is going to allow for you to discover it when if you just maximize your efficiency you can take a chunk of it each day. Be careful that you dont discourage yourself too much..

How about this you prepare your best working theory and some ped and whatever finder you want and ill meet you in the same area and find absolutely everything you dont. Then Strakkan can come out and we can play tug of war with deposits.

I agree with the fact that a skillgain indicates a deposit at a different depth that your tool cant find. The problem is the financial investment and trust that must be placed in Mindark. You must admit Windswept that the system that is in place now, is very similar to a slot machine.

Sorry but i have to jump in here. No tool is useless.. and i will tell you this much if you simply mine with the assumption that one tool is enough whether its 105 or vr3k you are going to lose. I ran line last night 4 globals 50m apart 455m , 1245m, 1624, 655. I used 105 and vrx3k to find them. You know what came in between. Prospecting Geology, mineral sense all doubled up and low and behold i switched finder and found what was out of the ASD of the 105.

I like many other miners that have been around a long time can tell you they have found mixed depth deposits many times. Im sorry Legion but you are becoming a prisoner of your own theories. You are stuck on this deep thing.. i can have days where i can go to the same spot and nothin and i mean nothing is hitting deep PERIOD. But of105, 211, 220, tt finder may hit.

I think its time to stop assuming that any system that is inherent is going to allow for you to discover it when if you just maximize your efficiency you can take a chunk of it each day. Be careful that you dont discourage yourself too much..

How about this you prepare your best working theory and some ped and whatever finder you want and ill meet you in the same area and find absolutely everything you dont. Then Strakkan can come out and we can play tug of war with deposits.

I'm just saying what upc found out by their research and it clearly indicates a deeper search does find more of the rares in the specified area.

I'm just saying what upc found out by their research and it clearly indicates a deeper search does find more of the rares in the specified area.

But you didnt JUST say that did you ? Your post was a little more subjective than just that statement :)

But you didnt JUST say that did you ? Your post was a little more subjective than just that statement :)

True perhaps, but in my eyes a bigger depth is better as i'm going for rares :)

First the question.

Why does it seem so many miners still use "crappy" tools (for lack of better wording) when there are better tools with more depth?

Use the tools with the most depth you can get. It's proven that the more depth you have the more rares you get. So i dont get it why people run around with old relics like the 105 etc. or whatever it's called.

I use 'crappy tools' because actually mining with 'crappy tools' beats not really mining with 'superduper tools' :lolup:

Back