And we wonder why.....

Trina Xenophage

Elite
Banned
Society
Jurai Blood
Corrianna Trina Xenophage
I should start a poll.. Asshat or Asshole should be the title

Its not bad enough MA screwin the economy so hard we have people to help them now?

Is this guy a reseller or just a dick?

Ore prices are not low enough we need to start bids under 100%?

the seller or the buyer? or the guy you terminate trade with?

You really think that by selling one ore it is going to change the market value? Probably just a noob that fluked a find then, then stuffed up his auction..

I think the asshat is selling ME at 170%. lol :silly:

(I'm kidding of course - just saw all the spam in the window - have nothing against the guy =))

You really think that by selling one ore it is going to change the market value? Probably just a noob that fluked a find then, then stuffed up his auction..

Not if it happens ALOT!

I dont know what you know about ore prices but duru was at one point a decent ore to sell. Im pretty sure this is not the first time this guy has done this as duru is down from 140% ish not that long ago.

Even since VU 10 it has been around 120%ish so yes if this dude does this once a day it can drop the market. Ill keep track now and see how often things like this are occurring because the drop in the overall market for most ore's is far worse then it should be for the amount of miners in game.

Not if it happens ALOT!

I dont know what you know about ore prices but duru was at one point a decent ore to sell. Im pretty sure this is not the first time this guy has done this as duru is down from 140% ish not that long ago.

Even since VU 10 it has been around 120%ish so yes if this dude does this once a day it can drop the market. Ill keep track now and see how often things like this are occurring because the drop in the overall market for most ore's is far worse then it should be for the amount of miners in game.

It would take a HELL OF A LOT of ppl selling one ore at a time to drop the price like that. Compare it to how much durulium has been sold in the last 12 months. Maybe there is just a lot more being found and ppl are selling lower just to get rid of it.
By this I don't particularly mean one person is finding a lot more, but a lot more ppl are finding the small amounts.
A big HOF on a particular ore can drop the price quite a bit if they offer lower than markup just so they can get rid of it and start spending their HOF.

Not if it happens ALOT!

Even since VU 10 it has been around 120%ish so yes if this dude does this once a day it can drop the market.

I really don't see one ore being sold every day at a low markup dropping the price, compared to how much is being sold.
If everyone that found duru sold it at 1% below markup, it would certainly drop a little bit.....

Not if it happens ALOT!

Even if he did it every day for a year it would not affect the market at all. 365 ingots a year compared to thousands sold each day. Like trying to empty the ocean with a spoon.

Maybe there is just a lot more being found and ppl are selling lower just to get rid of it.

Take Gaz for example, not that it is all mined, but since a lot more ppl have been hitting drones for the Gaz and decent markup, it has certainly dropped in %.
Molisk teeth, foul bones, all examples of things being hit more often. A lot more to sell makes it harder to sell unless you lower your price.

But it really comes down to how much ppl need and how much ppl will pay..

Even if he did start his bidding below 100%, I'm sure someone will outbid the starting offer, if it is under market value.

The sky is falling!

The markets are crashing!

Everybody is quitting!

We've been hearing that same old nonsence year after year every time some resource price fluctuates.

Get a life.

remind me again why cheap prices are bad for an economy? surely this is good for crafters?

if it bothers so much, bid 150% for it, after all it will only cost you 3.6 Ped.

i thought dur went down due to it being used less but who knows whats true.

markup is as real as what they person pays for it.

remind me again why cheap prices are bad for an economy? surely this is good for crafters?

Gladly :)

It is good for crafters. Initially. But there is competition in this game. Lots of people crafting the exact same thing with no real way to differentiate your good from someone else (introduction of tiering and enhancers may have been introduced for this reason, but I still don't think it's by and large really caught on with the community...)

So the only thing to compete on is price. To get your stuff to sell, you need to offer a better price than the next guy. Well the other guy may be getting his materials cheaper than you do, so he doesn't mind undercutting you. Add to the fact that a lot of people don't give a damn about profit, and would rather take a small loss than risk selling at a higher price and have it not sell at all.

In the end, markups on EVERYTHING drops, and MA still takes the same percentage, making it tougher and tougher for people to profit, break even, or just get the same amount of play time for their money...

Does that about sum it up? :D

(sorry, I'm kinda being a smart ass, I just like discussing the topic...)

I should start a poll.. Asshat or Asshole should be the title

Its not bad enough MA screwin the economy so hard we have people to help them now?

Is this guy a reseller or just a dick?

Ore prices are not low enough we need to start bids under 100%?

If you dont like the value then buy it.

You know i really hate the fact that most of you hypocrites, enjoy selling high. but when your threatend with a low price you freaze up. Buy his shit and keep the price high..... or Ignore his market move and keep posting your stuff like prices should be.

OR if you dont understand that those little numbers in the market data, that have % next to it... IS not a concrete price <up or down>. it just gives you an idea of the price... You people Are so afraid of risk its killing me. you wonder why prices drop. You dont know how to raise them. And those that do know how to raise them, are posting a price based on lies. If someone puts their money where there mouth is. and buys something out and posts for higher.... that isnt manipulating. thats showing power. If he gets undercut thats him losing power. AND if he undercuts you.... he is bluffing or impatent.... But we all expect results right now right away...... right?

Any ways......... Flame me. i have to goto sleep.

if it bothers so much, bid 150% for it, after all it will only cost you 3.6 Ped.

It encourages gambling.

Did you ever think it might be listed under market to avoid the extra auction insertion fee? If you have something that you are confident will sell at a certain price, you get get the fees lowered a bit by listing it that way. Granted, it may only save you 2-4 pec, but when listing a bunch of auctions that 2-4 pec adds up. We all try (or most of us) try do things as economical as possible in this game, so listing that way makes sense to me.

then raise the mark ups and let them gamble more. :D

i am not raising anything. anything i list is within below or slightly above the average markup... depends on demand, rareity, and the item...

1 ingot will merely effect the market... LMAO...

and if u think it does... buy it @ 150%+ to raise the market back to the 140% u would like to see

and if u think it does... buy it @ 150%+ to raise the market back to the 140% u would like to see
better yet, buy it for 3 million % and create a nice outlier for the Market Value graph...! :)

Does that about sum it up? :D

(sorry, I'm kinda being a smart ass, I just like discussing the topic...)

yes, and i know. but it rather illustrates how we dont have anything near a "real" economy, in which cheaper commodity items is desirable and people compete on quality or services. besides the cycle you describe occurs anyway because the whole system is not based on real supply and demand economics, but rather...

It encourages gambling.

everything in EU does. there really only two ways to not gamble, LA or hangar. everything else, kill a mob, drop a bomb or click a BP is done in the uncertain and unpredictable hope that it will return more than the cost. nothing in crafting is efficiently crafted and most saleable items are crafted then sold below cost price, with globals and valuable BP drops hoped to make up the difference (or for skills in some peoples minds). it doesnt just apply to crafting, in no profession can you economically meet an aim that you couldnt otherwise have met with a straight forward ped payment. so stop worrying about the economy and get playing and gambling to win :D

yes, and i know. but it rather illustrates how we dont have anything near a "real" economy, in which cheaper commodity items is desirable and people compete on quality or services. besides the cycle you describe occurs anyway because the whole system is not based on real supply and demand economics, but rather...

everything in EU does. there really only two ways to not gamble, LA or hangar. everything else, kill a mob, drop a bomb or click a BP is done in the uncertain and unpredictable hope that it will return more than the cost. nothing in crafting is efficiently crafted and most saleable items are crafted then sold below cost price, with globals and valuable BP drops hoped to make up the difference (or for skills in some peoples minds). it doesnt just apply to crafting, in no profession can you economically meet an aim that you couldnt otherwise have met with a straight forward ped payment. so stop worrying about the economy and get playing and gambling to win :D

I think proper economics does apply. but not many people playing use the full range of economics. It can be said of a economy that any activity could be gambling. a Shop IRL, A trade on Wall Streat. There is basicaly a lack of players currently in the game that are not afraid to take the risks involved to ruin someones day and jack the price up on some items and use their brains to outsmart other people in the ride down. Everyone now just plays off the few people that do such things and follow... or pretend that a price is high regardless of supply. Then again pretending a price is high can then become a normal price depending if people are willing to support such a high price.
when i say support the price, i mean literaly back the item with a value.

Everyone wants to play this game, when some come in as new players thay ask where the work is. only to discover sweating is the only form of work. Then they discover that safe trading is another form of work. but thats safe, No one offers them work that would otherwise be risky if it wasnt for the finacial backing of the employer. But that being said, the only real People that act as employers is the real demand of the Crafting industry in game. And they for the most part are the gambling elements, cutting corners, seeking the lowest prices... this is natural even in real world. but i dont know its overly complex and i just went underwater on it.

I think proper economics does apply. but not many people playing use the full range of economics. It can be said of a economy that any activity could be gambling. a Shop IRL, A trade on Wall Streat. There is basicaly a lack of players currently in the game that are not afraid to take the risks involved to ruin someones day and jack the price up on some items and use their brains to outsmart other people in the ride down.

Yet another reason why this is nothing like a real economy. What you describe is illegal in real life (at least in the US and Australia)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation

since there's no BO set the price will rise a bit i'm sure.... :rolleyes:

people do this to bring up the number of bids to grab attention and hope to sell it for more than usual, so in fact this should help raise the price not lower it :/

I do that as well at times, i know i will get a bid at least 100% and on some items thats good enough. Mostly people swarm auction for items as this, and this seller has been smart, there is no BO. Get a lot of peoples intressest in hes item, get a lot of bids.:rolleyes:

Back