Another mask gone BAD....

Echo Biatch

Old Alpha
Society
Tax Collectors
Echo Echo biatch
I have just sent this support to MA and thought I would share this with you guys....
MY SUPPORT AS SENT

I am absolutely gutted at this moment after spending 2hrs to complete a very detailed makeup mask for a friend and having it turn out half painted. 2008.4.6 11.26 MA time......was when I saw the result.

It is not the first mask I have made I did some previous masks to make sure the system was working correctly.

I spent an hr a couple of days earlier on a practice run(rough) to see if he was happy and then spent 2 hrs on the final product.

Not only did it take me 2 weeks of searching to find the black face paint and then huge markup but to see my hard work go down like this is heartbreaking.

To see a half finished mask is devistating not only for me who worked so hard but for the person who I was making it for who waited so patiently.

I have several orders for Tiger masks and other themed pieces and I have had my first major artwork turn out with such a devistating result.

Can you please look into this ASAP

Regards
Echo

And this is the rough for the tiger I have planned but only had a black pencil so it is as I said very rough but it is the idea that matters.

I am frightened to spend hrs doing these only to find the same result as the last.

Echo

Darth Maul mask? :rolleyes:

Has anyone made a "the mask" mask yet? Or V for Vendetta?

Sorry about what happened, hope that it will work better in the future and that MA will solve this in a fair and nice way!

Nice masks, weird bug indeed :(

Go with furries, that's where the cash-flow is :D

These actions tend to make the facemasks bug:

Do Not (while doing artwork):
- Alt Tab (or click outside the window while in windowed mode)
- Talk in Private chat.
- Make sure that the person that you are doing make-up on does not alt-tab either.

Avoiding these actions I have been able to upload masks problem-free.

However I urge MindArk to solve the bugs A.S.A.P as it is silly... and its hard not to communicate with people over PM when you do such a timedemanding piece of artwork.

Thanks for that info Skam though I cant tell you if the person I was working out alt tab'd during the drawn out process I do know that yes I did talk in chat...

With such an important beacon being run in a few hrs I am fielding a lot of PM's.

Though I will say I did talk in PM during the first 2 masks I did without any issues.

Thankyou for this input. It will be very hard not to answer pm's during a 2 hr process like this as people dont always understand why you didnt answer.

When doing a mask, I assume then when you have finished it you have to hit an "accept" button?
Does this then give a "This is what the finished result will be, are you sure?"
If not, it sounds like it needs to, so if there is something wrong, you can see it, cancel the whole process, and start over. It would still be a pain to lose the many hours work, but less so than losing the time and the materials, and having a result that is not a success.

no sadly it simply gives you tho option to process the mask and it gives you the warnings about what can go wrong if your settings are not correct.

You didn't by mistake press ESC while applying the makeup?

Known Issue - Make Up System
13 Feb 2008

There is currently a known issue in the Make Up system which affects the uploaded result. If the ESCAPE button is used while in make up mode, some of the paint may not be uploaded correctly. This issue will be fixed in the upcoming VU. Until the issue is fixed, we advise you not to use the ESCAPE button while using the make up system.

You didn't by mistake press ESC while applying the makeup?

Known Issue - Make Up System
13 Feb 2008

There is currently a known issue in the Make Up system which affects the uploaded result. If the ESCAPE button is used while in make up mode, some of the paint may not be uploaded correctly. This issue will be fixed in the upcoming VU. Until the issue is fixed, we advise you not to use the ESCAPE button while using the make up system.

This might acctually be why the Personal Messages tend to screw up the make-up process. Me and alot of other people press "esc" to get out of the PM function.. and back to using the pen.

Sad to see what happened.
Hope MA fixes this bug soon.

this Zabrak (darth maul race) tatoo is great :)
I must consider it :eek:

MA repair das bug!

Those are awesome masks! :yay:

Too bad the maul was post-processed in a micro-wave. :silly2:

I'm sorry to see that it doesn't only happen to me but to others, 3 out of 4 times when doing makeup on someone else it has been bugged.. sux because it's so much materials that goes to wate and the masks are not sell able after. I've sent some supportcases too but MA wont do anything about it. Sad to see. And I know what u meen by not want to spend hours on making a mask, I don't either but I have to because I want the best for my client.
Hope too see some changes within makeup industry soon.

Regards, Saphira

Glad someone pointed out the bug in regards to esc.....

you know over the 2 hrs I might have:rolleyes:

I do sometimes hit the esc button to get out of text and dont hink i would even know if I did.

it is sad becaue to do a male mask on a female ava I just dont know how well it looks when turned over . I know the female masks conform very nicely as i have let others try mine on to see if they like it...and most love it!!

But 10pec decay and 90% break point is pretty bad if I have to take it off and do all the work on myself because I cant be sure of what the client is doing on the other side of the process. And then what if they dont like what I have done because it was not done for them to see??????

So basically am I going to get a support response such as :

TOUGH TITTIES TT THE MASK AND TRY AGAIN???

Just did a mask on a society member and uploaded it without problems (avoided esc, private messaging and alt-tabbing)

Same here Skam, I'm making the soc masks and when I applied it on Shinobi later on it worked just fine asloong as no one alt tab and that I don't look at my pm's. I think the best way of making a mask is to do it on yourself.

Regards, Saphira

From the masks I have crafted and the test me and skam did I am sure that the upload is done from the customers computer. So if the client alt tabs and then comes back it looses everything before that point and you only get what you draw after that. Also often what you see and what the client see's are not the same by a little bit but with art its the little details that can ruin it!

Last night when Jamira tried to paint me a Scottish flag on my face it came out as a silver cross on grey. Poor girl spent about an hour making it - I wrote to support who said something about they would refund materials to her, but not change the colours to the correct ones on my mask. (I read it quickly before I left for work this morning....didn't get the full thing.)

I've never tried to use a mask before, is it possible to "clear" it myself to try again? Or am I permenatly stuck with a useless bugged mask now?

Last night when Jamira tried to paint me a Scottish flag on my face it came out as a silver cross on grey. Poor girl spent about an hour making it - I wrote to support who said something about they would refund materials to her, but not change the colours to the correct ones on my mask. (I read it quickly before I left for work this morning....didn't get the full thing.)

I've never tried to use a mask before, is it possible to "clear" it myself to try again? Or am I permenatly stuck with a useless bugged mask now?

Make-up remover.

K thanks....I thought that maybe that was only used during the "creation" of the mask.

But then, wouldn't that mean that you could "edit" the mask - make a tiny speck of difference, and then save it again in the hope that it doesn't end up bugged this time? Or would you need to "paint over" all the same bits as before with the same colours as previously used, therby covering up (in this case) the bugged silver and gray parts with the white and blue?

Or indeed would you have to use remover, save it, and start again from fresh?

Someone really needs to write a guide on make-up sometime...

Firstly once a mask is uploaded that is it there is no changing it.

The makeup remover is for use during the creation process.

After many support messages bouncing back and forth I have an answer.

I spent much time answering MA's questions about what happened during the process and gave them a blow by blow description of everything done and in what order etc.

hats off to MA for making sure they had all the information needed to correct the issues.

The final word is basically that my mask will be replaced but they do not replace makeup used as the material cost is returned to your card.

and they signed off with this...

Please do not attempt this mask again until after the VU...

Thanks for the info. :) +rep

I don't know yet if I'll get my mask back, but if I do I think I'll save the idea of a WoF flag painted on the face till next years event...

Oh :\ that sucks. And makes zero sense.

30 Apr 2008 Sie schrieben:
Hi folks!

I burned a small makeup mask of a customer today because the transfer didn't work correct. Not to speak about the lost materials and the markup as well as the time I spent to applicate the makeup.

My customer is xxx Cat xxx. She will send a support case as well I guess.

I made 3 makeups in the past without major problems. And I think I read in EF that the transfer bugs from the beginning have been solved. I didn't change my system settings. So what happens now?

The mask is gone, the materials are gone, I paid transfer costs for crap. Me and Cat are distressed. My reputation as makeup designer is flawed. Omg that was embarrassing!

I can send you screenshots of the miscarry result if you want.

The makeup I was asked for by Cat was for next WoF match: the flag of Scotia. So hurry up and find a solution for this issue ... 10 days left!

Jamira

30 Apr 2008 Entropia-Support:
Hello,

Thank you for reporting. This is a risk when using the make up system. If the upload fails due to technical reasons, there is unfortunately nothing the Entropia Support Dept. can do to help you. The reason for this is that we cannot verify the cause of the failure. It can be client related; connected to your security settings (firewall/router) or the internet connection. Please note that you will not have to pay the costs for a failed upload. However, the material is consumed and cannot be refunded.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

After reading this thread: I told Cat not to Alt-Tab and we didn't use the privat chat window. We used the global chat. I didn't use ESC.

Make-up remover.
Horrible answer. It shouldn't COST someone a consumeable item to fix MA's screw-up. Make-up remover should ONLY be required when someone wants to CHANGE their make-up, not resolve an issue caused by a bug.

I'm still waiting for an "Undo" option before I apply any makeup. (And no, "Undo" is not the same as make-up remover.) :)

MA Support said:
This is a risk when using the make up system. If the upload fails due to technical reasons, there is unfortunately nothing the Entropia Support Dept. can do to help you.
Typical. Blaming their bugs on our computers and so-called "technical reasons". Just like they blame our ISPs when there's unusually bad lag. :rolleyes:

PART 2

30 Apr 2008 Sie schrieben:
Thank you for the fast reply.
As I mentioned above my system was good for this job several times before and I didn't change something. So probably my internet connection was bad in the moment of the transfer. Than it is no ones fault. But the mask is unusable now I guess. This is an issue you should be able to verify. And you should be able to recondition it.

Jamira

30 Apr 2008 Entropia-Support:
Hello,

Thank you for reporting. This is a risk when using the make up system. If the upload fails due to technical reasons, there is unfortunately nothing the Entropia Support Dept. can do to help you. Please note that you will not have to pay the costs for a failed upload. However, the material is consumed and cannot be refunded, and that includes the mask. The reason for this is that we cannot verify the cause of the failure.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

:yay::yay::yay:

Thats EXACTLY what happened to me as well....

I challenged the first answer and got exactly the same cut and paste as you got (twice) twice as well.

There was a little more in my first one though:

"30 Apr 2008 You wrote:
A bug concerning the creation of a makeup mask...

On 29/04/08 at roughly 21:30 the avatar *** Jamira **** spent roughly an hour creating a mask for me which was meant to be the Scottish flag. (For the WoF tournament - I play for Scotland)

When it was complete and she accepted it, it all came out as a silver cross and nothing else. This is kinda useless as a Scottish flag. I have screenshots of both the end result of the flag and one of her wearing it if you need to see them.

Can anything be done to restore the correct colours in time for the next WoF match? It's meant to be a white cross on blue background with Cardinal lipstick.

Would be hugely grateful... The mask is in my own inventory now.

30 Apr 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Thank you for reporting. There is a risk when using the make up system. If the upload fails due to technical reasons, there is unfortunately nothing the Entropia Support Dept. can do to help you. The reason for this is that we cannot verify the cause of the failure. It can be client related; connected to your security settings (firewall/router) or the Internet connection. Please note that you will not have to pay the costs for a failed upload. However, the material is consumed and cannot be refunded. When consumed the TT value of the material is credited in full to your PED card.

In order to avoid problems when uploading your completed make up mask, it is very important that your security settings allow the procedure and that port 30583 (TCP Outbound) is opened in your firewall/router. If the upload fails, no upload costs will be charged, but the materials will be consumed i.e. the Materials Value will be transferred to your account and the materials cannot be retrieved.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

30 Apr 2008 You wrote:
OK, well the transfer and the material costs were all hers, and as she's writing a support case about that too, so I'm sure you'll hear from her about that.

The only thing that was actually mine was the mask itself. It's the first time I've owned one and I didn't realise it could never be changed again once it has been uploaded. This wouldn't be an issue normally, but it kinda is an issue when what was uploaded wasn't what I wanted and as such is totally useless to me.

Could my bugged mask be replaced with an un-used one in that case? So that we may try again sometime? I'll wait until I hear that the bug is fixed before attempting it again.

30 Apr 2008 Entropia Support:
Hello,

Unfortunately, this is a risk when using the make up system. The upload can fail due to technical reasons, and there is nothing the Entropia Support Dept. can do to help you. The reason for this is that we cannot verify the cause of the failure. It can be client related; connected to your security settings (firewall/router) or the internet connection. Please note that you will not have to pay the costs for a failed upload. However, the material is consumed and cannot be refunded, and that includes the mask.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support.

I think they just see "make-up mask" and reach for that C&P - even if they've already answered it. This really sucks....the mask was 150 ped and is totally useless now due to a game bug!

Part 3

Your reccurrences don't satisfy me.

The "risk when using the make up system" is a risk to be borne by ME? Did I get that right?

Seriously MA, that was MY real cash and the real cash of MY CLIENT that vaporized last night. And it is your software wich doesn't provide security mechanisms to avoid those loss, respectively it is your reluctance to repair such an accident.

Probably I am a bit simple-minded. But each stupid upload software offers the following message if a transfer failed: "Upload faild. Try again? Or cancel?"

Don't tell me Entropia Universe is that insure!

What do you think my answer will be when the next colonist ask me for making a make up for him?

Jamira

Conclusion

My new unused large make up mask (you know the prices :rolleyes:) will stick at the wall in my apartment for a while ...

P.S. And YES! I want an "UNDO" too!

Last edited:
Typical. Blaming their bugs on our computers and so-called "technical reasons". Just like they blame our ISPs when there's unusually bad lag. :rolleyes:

The problem is ALWAYS "somewhere else". The fun one I always get is (ISP) tech support trying to diagnose my gateway ("We don't support that.") when the status lights on the modem clearly indicate it cannot "see" the outside world.

Back