Any advise to the Initiatant, What to expect to face in the beginning

RichardSTALLMAN

Hatchling
Any advise to us initiatants ...

While recently online comments for a new member being admitted were ::

Since real world dollars are at stake with every move you make in Entropia Universe there are very few people who are willing to tell you how to wisely spend your money

:cool:
___

Personal Comment ..
I am rarely philosophical but I have always had this 'rose-colored' glasses view of the Internet. What ever happened to the Gary Kildalls and better known Richard STALLMANs of the world ?

Last edited:
Not really sure what you are asking :/

Anywho, ask pretty much anybody and they are likely to give you their opinions on how to save money etc. Iv never spoken to anyone who is very secretive about their spending and the way they play :s

Most ppl are very helpful especially here on EF.

Also, if you look thru this site and other like Entropedia and dont understand how all the data relates, just ask....

take care and ask away.... ;)

darri

The only thing secret about this game is how the looting system works. And maybe if someone figured that out they would be secretive about that to. But as I see it most people are very willing to help new players like yourself (and the old ones for that matter). As been said before, ask anything you like and I'm sure people will try to answer your questions.

The truth is that we all know so much, we control nothing much.

How we CAN share is by making mistakes obvious, sharing ways to save time and money ..and experiences.

IF you can read, read the whole forum.

Please don't come here laden with bullshit and gossip second hand when the truth surrounds you in the very forum you post in now.

Theory, gossip, fact...they are different.

t

I'm not sure who you talked to .. but most of the people I know are more than happy and willing to help anyone figure out the game better and the best way to make their peds stretch farther. :dunno:

In most cases .. Entropians won't shutup - so I'm not sure where you gathered your data. :D

Welcome to the game that isn't a game and the forum about the game that isn't a game. Please don't always believe everything you read or what one person tells you as the truth. :wise:

if you need help there are alot of nice guides that can be found on the forum. alice in wonderlands guide is one place to start. good luck.

Please don't always believe everything you read or what one person tells you as the truth. :wise:

good advice for life as well. this game is as real as you think it is ;)

Any advise to us initiatants ...

My advise is don't use funky words like initiatants. That might be an interesting society name, or mob name, but very rare word to use in common part of the forums here... (not even sure it's spelled right? Is that a real word?)

:yay:

(smile) :) Noob thread ..
RichardSTALLMAN

Please don't come here laden with bullshit and gossip second hand when the truth surrounds you in the very forum you post in now.

Folks seem nice to me (dont get me wrong) :eek:

:cool:
____

Personal Comment ..
I am rarely philosophical but I have always had this 'rose-colored' glasses view of the Internet. What ever happened to the Gary Kildalls and the Richard STALLMANs of the world ?

Last edited:
I know what the original quote is talking about, and it ain't saying that Entropians are secretive. Just as well, as this and many other EU related forums will clearly demonstrate...

What IS true though is that Entropia itself, ie MA/FPC, IS very secretive about game mechanics. No-one knows how loot cycles work, not Really, and when you first arrive here, like Richard, you are told virtually Nothing about the universe in which you find yourself.

And that really is one of the Major points of EU. You are dumped on a developing world with NOTHING, not even knowledge, and you gotta hack it, kid. That means talking to people, asking questions, looking around, and trying stuff out...

Fortunately, this forum is Chock Full of useful advice. As others have said, avail yourself of the many tutorials in the "Noobs Corner", and other threads...

In world:

1). Once you've figured out the controls head NNW from Port Atlantis to where lots of people are sweating, and join in. Once you get the hang of it you can Actually sell the sweat for Actual Ped, around 5ped for 1000 sweat currently. Try to get a 4 or 5k together...

2) Now you can buy some cheap mining or hunting gear and go try them out...

3) If you hear anyone organising a TP run to a TP you don't have, do it...

4) If you find yourself etertaining the notion that leaping straight into crafting stuff with a big markup is a good idea, Don't do it...

Welcome to Calypso, Good Luck out there :thumbup:

P.S. :

point no. 2)... spending your hard earned sweat ped at the TT

Do Buy: Opalo Rifle, Medium cells... OR Cheap TT Mining gear

Do NOT buy: Settler Armour

Last edited:
The truth is that we all know so much, we control nothing much.

How we CAN share is by making mistakes obvious, sharing ways to save time and money ..and experiences.

IF you can read, read the whole forum.

This is a bit harsh, and I apologize if it hurt you in any way.
But it is true, many people do know a lot about the game, more than the average player. And those are the ones that succeed, see Deathifier, NEVERDIE, to name a few.

Unfortunately, this game isn't very simple, as in some other MMOs.
There's no "best" place to mine, and no "best" mob to hunt. There is no "best" profession, no "best" thing to make money from.

One phrase constantly being repeated is:
EU is dynamic.

It can be "dynamic" to the point it pisses you off too. :D
But yes, MOST players will not profit in any of the professions (Hunting, Mining, Crafting), and those that do, will have invested a lot of money into this game, and may be a bit reluctant to offer a full summary.

For example,
In another game, I could be going:
Buying Apples 10gold each.

But this is not what I'm going to post:
Their value is around 12gold each, so I'm gathering lots of them to sell to Bobby Apple for a profit.

Is this ^ what you meant by "secretive"?

But how to spend your money, in this forum, you can find posts telling what things to start off with, and what to progress to. Check Alice's guide or become one of her disciples. However, the knowledge is limited, as nobody still knows the sure-fire way to profit. (I may be wrong, and if I am, somebody tell me)

Hope this helps.

This is a bit harsh, and I apologize if it hurt you in any way.
But it is true, many people do know a lot about the game, more than the average player. And those are the ones that succeed, see Deathifier, NEVERDIE, to name a few.

Unfortunately, this game isn't very simple, as in some other MMOs.
There's no "best" place to mine, and no "best" mob to hunt. There is no "best" profession, no "best" thing to make money from.

One phrase constantly being repeated is:
EU is dynamic.

It can be "dynamic" to the point it pisses you off too. :D
But yes, MOST players will not profit in any of the professions (Hunting, Mining, Crafting), and those that do, will have invested a lot of money into this game, and may be a bit reluctant to offer a full summary.

For example,
In another game, I could be going:

Their value is around 12gold each, so I'm gathering lots of them to sell to Bobby Apple for a profit.

Is this ^ what you meant by "secretive"?

But how to spend your money, in this forum, you can find posts telling what things to start off with, and what to progress to. Check Alice's guide or become one of her disciples. However, the knowledge is limited, as nobody still knows the sure-fire way to profit. (I may be wrong, and if I am, somebody tell me)

Hope this helps.

Wha :eek::scratch2:

Message originally posted by RichardSTALLMAN

No one need apologize
Just know, Believe you me IF I was trash talking (or stiring the pot). I would have quoted the following...
.. its a pyramid scheme! [..designed for] those at the top to command those below! .. leave it alone .. let the suckers play! Its built for corp execs and lonesharks ..

Now that's "harsh" In a way I am glad for all the comments.
I wouldnt mind being commanded (by others) :D

PS - I have no reason to stir the pot. That's what I wanted to say

_____

Last edited:
He is right in the fact that people will not give away money tips or ways to profit, but thats very understandable as many people have said before, if every1 profited from it, no1 would profit from it. They make a profit because theres very few who do it or know about it. I have profited alot and many other people have too, you just have to find your own nitch, opportunities will come and go quickly though, so you really have to be up to date and on the ball. Good luck :)

No one need apologize
Just know, Believe you me IF I was trash talking (or stiring the pot). I would have quoted the following...

Now that's "harsh" In a way I am glad for all the comments.
I wouldnt mind being commanded (by others) :D

PS - I have no reason to stir the pot. That's what I wanted to say

_____

If you approach EU as a way to make a fortune from very little then yes, it will soon seem like a pyramid scheme; those with more money, time and knowledge will always seem to be doing better than you.
It seems that some people have no idea how hard it is to make a business work in RL, let alone in a closed environment with fewer options and more competition such as EU.
However, approach it as a game and you will have none of these worries. Pay in what you can, or don't pay in at all, play how you like, ask questions and experiment. You can't lose what you don't gamble. Any amount of deposit, from nil upwards, lets you play as much as you like. Paying more opens more options, but does not guarantee profit. Wise and informed choices just give you a better chance and a bit more fun. I don't chase profit, I play for the hell of it (the reason to play anything, surely:)), and one day I might hit a big one or two and up my game or even pay some bills in RL.

Thinking you could be another Neverdie or Deathifier is like thinking because you bought a guitar you're gonna play Stadiums. If you make it huge here, it's because you had something special to bring, were lucky as hell, and worked harder than most would want to. I say better to just strum and see what comes:)

Hurrikane

He is right in the fact that people will not give away money tips or ways to profit, [...]

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. this forum is full of people offering advice on how to do better. there are all sort of tips from maximizing your economy to manipulating the auction. although, in the latters case, it's more geared to how to recognise this type of manipulation.

there are many people who know how to make a profit in this game there's no great secret there. doing it with integrety does take some work, though. some people have jobs and see playing as entertainment and aren't interested in doing a bunch of additional work for less than what they'd be paid at their jobs.

yes, someone can make large amounts of money trading high end items. many have. this requires capitial to invest in inventory. some people don't see this as being worth the risk. for others, it's their form of fun.

you're correct when you mention that to do any of this one needs to find their nitch. but, this is true of any business venture. and, as you mention, one needs to understand the market segement chosen and track it's behaviour.

the specifics of what to do today will be different from what to do even next week. so, that ifnormation is of little value. the general theories and methods, though, can all be found here, if one takes the time to look for them.

still, even when some people are presented with this information and told exactly how to run a small venture, they won't do it becuase it's too much work and uninteresting to them. likewise, others will continually throw things into the terminal that they could easily sell albeit for a very small markup. to them it isn't worth the hassle even though it adds up in the long run.

Their value is around 12gold each, so I'm gathering lots of them to sell to Bobby Apple for a profit..

interesting, it makes me laugh.

but, in this game, people say that all the time. in twin peaks or the asteroid control room, it's very common to see: "buying ores -4%" - which says exactly what you mentioned albeit it EUspeak. just about anyone will explain to a new person what that means and what their options are.

however, I have to disagree with the original poster. there are a great many people here who will offer good advice to help people spend their money wisely. they're very open and up front. the downside is that there are others who are more than willing to help you spend your money unwisely providing it's going to them.

I do agree that there is no "best" way of doing things - at least in specifics. there is a great amount of good advice to help people, though.

Last edited:
Do NOT buy: Settler Armour

Settler may offer only limitted protection but it's very eco!

Settler vs Daikaba 18.75 dmg/pec (.08 pec decay/hit)
Pixie vs Daikaba 15.64 dmg/pec (.53 pec decay/hit; overprotects vs young)

Settler vs Combibo 18.35 dmg/pec (.11 pec decay/hit)
Pixie vs Combibo 14.98 dmg/pec (.69 pec decay/hit; overprotects vs young)

Don't get me wrong, settler isn't going to keep you alive, but the bit of protection it offers takes the edge off incoming attacks and is twice as eco as healing.

Not to mention, markup is 0

Personally I like Bodyguard+2c plates, this combo is very very eco and offers a bit more protection, the plates even give you eco acid damage for snablesnots.

If anyone wants to read more, I've got into very much detail comparing seperate armors/plates to different mobs in a post I made in another thread.

On Topic: Many people will offer you advice, some may be right, others will be wrong, take the time to then do the research yourself, entropiawiki.com is your best friend, but on occasion even entropedia could have some incorrect data.

Back