Question: Any Tailoring Tutorials?

mmabigshow

Alpha
MMA Big Show
I've been interested in tailoring but I'm simply not sure where to begin.
So I need to skill up materials or something some how?

I noticed there is very little in terms of tailoring BP's on the auction and wondered how you were supposed to get them? Do they drop more regulary for you when crafting and nobody sells them?

I've tried looking for info on tailoring but to no avail.

I'd really just like to be able to make some cool outfits for fun. Is it profitable to level at all? If I can break even while leveling that would be great! Of course. heh

Thanks for the help, though I've read through this one and it really only gives a snippet of information.

I'm looking for something a little more comprehensive and I don't think it's been created yet.

Anyone willing to put one together? I'm thinking there would be many who appreciate the effort.

You may want to be more specific on what you are looking for. The tutuorial usually gets you started and is very basic. Do you want to know: How to profit? Which BP's drop which BP's? Which BP is cheapest to craft? etc etc.

Yes!....

Seriously, I would like to know as much as anyone is willing to put into a tutorial. I mean, if there is a way to break even on leveling, I'd love to know.

If there is a least pricey way to grind based on specific BP's and their associated materials, I'd like to know.

Does tailoring have anything directly to do with the other types of cloth manufacturing, textiles etc?

Well, they ain't always giving a great return, but the cheapest outcome/click bp available atm for tailoring is Generic Leather Textures bp.
Materials:
-2 generic leather.
-1 basic leather extractor.

That means 7pec TT per click, and maybe 7.2 or somehing in market value :)

And this bp got SIB period too ;) don't think the basic pattern pants and shirts have that? :scratch:

The bp only cost a few peds too :) very cheap bp for that low cost. (was about 30 peds last time I checked).

Since you are new to tailoring, and I guess you haven't chip'ed alot yet, I would reccomend you to try looking for a high qr bp ;)

Other than that I would continue crafting SIB bp's until you reach at least lvl 10 ;)

And welcome back, try not insulting or treathening more people this time :)

Last edited:
Well, they ain't always giving a great return, but the cheapest outcome/click bp available atm for tailoring is Generic Leather Textures bp.
Materials:
-2 generic leather.
-1 basic leather extractor.

That means 3pec TT per click, and maybe 3.1 or somehing in market value :)

Works out at 7pec per click, but still a good place to start.:thumbup:

Send me a pm with some questions you want answered and i will get round to answering you when i get back from work :)

Works out at 7pec per click, but still a good place to start.:thumbup:

Yeah, counted one animal hide per generic leather.. So it's about 7 pec or something when you count it properly :) thanks ;)

i'm pretty new to crafting myself.
my experience so far is that at first, it is better to craft the inexpensive things (whether clothes or weapons, etc) that use few/cheap ingredients. I started trying to make killian swords, but the cost of angelic flakes and the several pieces of iron needed made it prohibitive... especially considering that it's basically a TT food item.

then i moved to basic filters because i heard that a lot of people were crafting them for skills. i think they take 1 lyst and 1 oil. i churned through a few thousand clicks of those and got a few skills. unfortunately, they too are TT food.

i did the aforementioned generic leather textures, which went ok. they are good because i had a huge stockpile of hides and extractors from hunting. the textures aren't TT food so much, and i think i'm going to hang onto mine until my skill is high enough to apply the texture. the biggest downside is that the generic leather texture BPs go for like 15 ped. i was fortaunte enough to be gifted one by another soc member.

i ran out of hides, so i've since moved to jester D-1 crafting, which i have been doing really well with. even got a global yesterday. these are TT food as well, but i've been having enough successes and minis to profit on most runs.

i know you are after just tailoring, but i'd recommend trying different stuff a little at first.

once your skills are up you could probably move up to basic shirts and pants.. i wouldn't do them at first because the cost of molisk makes it kind of wasteful on non-successes.

oh, also, the quantity/quality slider is kind of weird. i have yet to see any real statistics on its effects, but i can tell you that i've had better luck on quantity.

Back