Question: Anyone from the LAN event going to write up about the Q&A they did?

I suggest a Thursday show and submit to me as I can do all interviews :)

Ok, well I have not read the EULA for a very very long time, so not sure if it has even been updated, I guess it has been over the years since I last read it :p

But I take back what I said then in my post. Thanks for correcting me tho :)

Its been there since the start of the game but its not something people generally think about.

For all intents and purposes we the players don't actually "own" the things in Entropia, just like most things in games elsewere. As for items i've read that part a lot but now it did get me thinking if there is a statement or binding saying from MA claiming to protect the assets we "own" ie lease sort of, like a bank with your money.

A lot of people have a lot of valuable items, but does anyone know at the top of their heads or can link to a MA statement giving security of the value within the game at all? IE like a bank doesnt need to have you're entire wealth in stock, but need to guarantee that they have it?

That worries me more than potentially anything with EU, and its not something i know the answer to directly, and since values are player based... food for thought when having millions worth in weaponry :D if MA only sees a items TT value as its value, well rip investements which are values set by players, and not MA :p

Question: Any plans to look over the Explosive Projectile blueprints as they are making a lot of crafting materials and blueprints obsolete as people only click these instead?
Answer: Yes, this is being looked at and will most likely get changed in the future. In what way Mindark has no current answer.
Seems clear that the answers are a dice roll pick among
"we could in the future but not in next VU"
"the balance team is considering it"
"maybe"
"sure as soon as hen start to piss"
"it will be considered in EU5"
"it is a design feature that will not be changed"

Its been there since the start of the game but its not something people generally think about.

For all intents and purposes we the players don't actually "own" the things in Entropia, just like most things in games elsewere. As for items i've read that part a lot but now it did get me thinking if there is a statement or binding saying from MA claiming to protect the assets we "own" ie lease sort of, like a bank with your money.

A lot of people have a lot of valuable items, but does anyone know at the top of their heads or can link to a MA statement giving security of the value within the game at all? IE like a bank doesnt need to have you're entire wealth in stock, but need to guarantee that they have it?

That worries me more than potentially anything with EU, and its not something i know the answer to directly, and since values are player based... food for thought when having millions worth in weaponry :D if MA only sees a items TT value as its value, well rip investements which are values set by players, and not MA :p

Well that would certainly be nice to get some sort of official clarifying if what you said might be the case and yes I agree, a lot of players including me have a lot of money in this game. In my case, a lot of money I have deposited and invested over the years.

So yeah would be nice to know if MA can actually let us know maybe @Dennis|MindArk or another MA official can comment on it?

Thanks in advance

Well that would certainly be nice to get some sort of official clarifying if what you said might be the case and yes I agree, a lot of players including me have a lot of money in this game. In my case, a lot of money I have deposited and invested over the years.

So yeah would be nice to know if MA can actually let us know maybe @Dennis|MindArk or another MA official can comment on it?

Thanks in advance
Markup is not MA responsibility neither is maintaining that markup.
Markup is made up by players, paid by players, set by players, and raised or lowered by players.
Mindark does not set markup, not care about markup. Every item has only its TT value and everything else is just an extra fee based on how much more YOU want to own the item than someone else. If an item is worth 50k ped mu it’s because you want it $5000 more than someone else does. If suddenly no one wants it then it goes to 0 MU. If no one wants it because MA made better items then too bad for you.

Thanks in advance

And to clarify what I meant just incase it would be.

Say I have

A gun with 150 ped TT
And a armor set with 150 Ped total TT

To players, the markup values the gun at 50 000 ped and the armor set at 150 000 ped. WouldMA secure the amount of 300 ped which is TT; or would there be a security in terms of MU? Speaking in terms of "what if the game just keeled over and died tomorrow" would people who then have in player terms worth 20 000 USD be shit outta luck and only have 30 bucks secure?

And to clarify what I meant just incase it would be.

Say I have

A gun with 150 ped TT
And a armor set with 150 Ped total TT

To players, the markup values the gun at 50 000 ped and the armor set at 150 000 ped. WouldMA secure the amount of 300 ped which is TT; or would there be a security in terms of MU? Speaking in terms of "what if the game just keeled over and died tomorrow" would people who then have in player terms worth 20 000 USD be shit outta luck and only have 30 bucks secure?
There is no MU

markup does not exist for MA, it is a player concept. They will not return markup except in rare instances like removal of personal revive terminal and buyback of tiering skills, or that one time they did an auction of a banned players items (darkarai) (only player to get markup paid and it was from players not MA)

Markup is not MA responsibility neither is maintaining that markup.
Markup is made up by players, paid by players, set by players, and raised or lowered by players.
Mindark does not set markup, not care about markup. Every item has only its TT value and everything else is just an extra fee based on how much more YOU want to own the item than someone else. If an item is worth 50k ped mu it’s because you want it $5000 more than someone else does. If suddenly no one wants it then it goes to 0 MU. If no one wants it because MA made better items then too bad for you.

My reason for wording and asking like i did was because, while its true what you say, if there is no security from the bank (Mindark) why should anyone at all trust the game will run till end of times?

If a bank goes bankrupt they will still have to pay the people their money so they can take the money elsewere, but say Mindark went tits up next week, there is a stark difference in people getting $5000 they invested vs perhaps the $15 the items TT value was :p

And there is no such clarification per se in the EULA or TOS.

Without security, one could argue that buying a item for more than its TT value, would be intensly dumb one would be playing with money that has litterally 0 hold in reality when it comes to security of investements.

My reason for wording and asking like i did was because, while its true what you say, if there is no security from the bank (Mindark) why should anyone at all trust the game will run till end of times?

If a bank goes bankrupt they will still have to pay the people their money so they can take the money elsewere, but say Mindark went tits up next week, there is a stark difference in people getting $5000 they invested vs perhaps the $15 the items TT value was :p

And there is no such clarification per se in the EULA or TOS.

Without security, one could argue that buying a item for more than its TT value, would be intensly dumb one would be playing with money that has litterally 0 hold in reality when it comes to security of investements.
As I said there is no security, you can reword it as much as you like it doesn’t change the fact that MU does not exist. It is just a concept by players and not part of the game (other than the auction system which is all pvp anyways).

mindark will not secure your markup.
If your worries they won’t be around forever then don’t play. They are already around longer than the age of new players starting at 18 years old…

also look at some items like impk2 they protect the value of some items by not releasing better ones for years but eventually they do outshine every item and lower their value

also look at some items like impk2 they protect the value of some items by not releasing better ones for years but eventually they do outshine every item and lower their value

But that does not change the fact that we should have some clarification in regards of what would happen if Mindark went tits up next week. Will peoples investements go down the drain, and we'll have drama and lawsuits galore as hundreds if not a couple of thousand players across the globe will bang on the doors of whomever was in charge at the time at MA's head office wanting their value be it $200 or $50000 given back to them. Or will they have to settle with the $50 that the items were worth in terms of TT value?

That, no matter what you say, is not properly clarified by Mindark in the EULA or TOS. That is why clarification would be nice. If you say that Mindark does not care about Markup, nor secures it, that means they do not acknowledge it. Hence have they said it and stated it. That is the clarification we ask for and wish to have linked in a public statement provided by Mindark directly. Or pointed to a Legal binding TOS or EULA we all agree too stating these things.

You, or me, or any other player "saying its so" is not a clarification, nor a source. You or me, or any player saying "I heard Mindark say it/I saw them write it" is not a clarification unless you link to it.

I doubt you're wrong, to be crystal clear i doubt anyone doubts what you sare saying is wrong or incorrect. But untill we get it from Mindark directly, its a little bit up in the air what the actuallity surrounding it is.

Like i said, in reality if it is like the direct sentance above, someone valuing a IMK2 at 60k means fuck all if its not worth more than the 1000 PED TT in Mindarks eyes. Yes, I can buy it and invest USD6000 to get it, but if that item is secured for 100 bucks vs the 6000, because the governing company decides it. Then its a really fucking bad investement.

But that does not change the fact that we should have some clarification in regards of what would happen if Mindark went tits up next week. Will peoples investements go down the drain, and we'll have drama and lawsuits galore as hundreds if not a couple of thousand players across the globe will bang on the doors of whomever was in charge at the time at MA's head office wanting their value be it $200 or $50000 given back to them. Or will they have to settle with the $50 that the items were worth in terms of TT value?

That, no matter what you say, is not properly clarified by Mindark in the EULA or TOS. That is why clarification would be nice. If you say that Mindark does not care about Markup, nor secures it, that means they do not acknowledge it. Hence have they said it and stated it. That is the clarification we ask for and wish to have linked in a public statement provided by Mindark directly. Or pointed to a Legal binding TOS or EULA we all agree too stating these things.

You, or me, or any other player "saying its so" is not a clarification, nor a source. You or me, or any player saying "I heard Mindark say it/I saw them write it" is not a clarification unless you link to it.

I doubt you're wrong, to be crystal clear i doubt anyone doubts what you sare saying is wrong or incorrect. But untill we get it from Mindark directly, its a little bit up in the air what the actuallity surrounding it is.

Like i said, in reality if it is like the direct sentance above, someone valuing a IMK2 at 60k means fuck all if its not worth more than the 1000 PED TT in Mindarks eyes. Yes, I can buy it and invest USD6000 to get it, but if that item is secured for 100 bucks vs the 6000, because the governing company decides it. Then its a really fucking bad investement.
They’ve made direct statements about this many times just Google. Or read every single VU log and dev post since creation like I did

Entropia is a bag holding game, your value is secured in that you MAY be able to sell it to someone else for what you paid for it. Whoever is left holding the bag if/when entropia shuts down is a loser. That’s how the game is.

They’ve made direct statements about this many times just Google. Or read every single VU log and dev post since creation like I did

Nothing found when googling. Nothing found serching PCF, nothing found in old VU updates or patchnotes (not sure why they'd put such info there though lol)

If you know it exists please feel free to link it though.

Nothing found when googling. Nothing found serching PCF, nothing found in old VU updates or patchnotes (not sure why they'd put such info there though lol)

Also I highly doubt you read all 266 pages of dev posts and all the version updates in that time. It took me like 2 days to get through all the VU notes…

Also I highly doubt you read all 266 pages of dev posts and all the version updates in that time. It took me like 2 days to get through all the VU notes…

Some people have a lot of time on their hands tho, might also be a fast reader :p I don't know xD

They state several times only your TT matters.... in the TOS and I know it’s mentioned in dev posts but don’t want to comb through it for you

They state several times only your TT matters.... in the TOS and I know it’s mentioned in dev posts but don’t want to comb through it for you

You do speak and understand english? Im asking because something here seems to fly by you…

WE AGREE WITH YOU, IM SURE THEY SAID IT. BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE NO ACTUALL TRACE OF THEM SAYING IT. IF YOU KNOW THEY SAID IT PLEASE LINK IT AS A SOURCE SO WE CAN CONFIRM WHAT WE ALL SUSPECT IS TRUE. I SPENT HOURS FINDING NOTHING NOW MORE THAN VAGUE WHATS WHAT WHO WHERE.

TOS talks about items removed and so on not what would happen if Mindark went tits up and bankrupt.

if my plain english is failing let me know. But you are correct most likely we all think and feel we have seen them say it. But there just doesnt seem to be a trace of it so a source would be great. If you cant give a source, just accept we all are agreeing but want someone to give a source, or mindark to clarify directly. And wait till either someone remembers where in several years of thousands of posts it is, and stop fighting air lol.

TOS talks about items removed and so on not what would happen if Mindark went tits up and bankrupt.
MA in case of servers closing will reimbourse all peds purchased within the last 6 months
that is it nothing else

(in the balance accoutn there are reserves bigger than those so they might in some liquidation process reimbourse pro quota all residual credits or the reserve could be set for planet partner interruption of service, i have never seen a planet partner service agreement and profit sharing agreement)

and all this is referring to TT Value.
the only intervention on MU that the MA rebalancing team makes is to place during events some specific AH Order to subtract from game some items that thy decide need to be "diminished in supply" sometimes it was leather texture, some times it was conductors, or small Defense plates. apart those AH Orders that can sometime be at interesting MU Level, MA does not intervene in market from buy side (it would be pretty stupid to throw away money btw) but just rebalancing drop rate to diminish supply

You do speak and understand english? Im asking because something here seems to fly by you…

WE AGREE WITH YOU, IM SURE THEY SAID IT. BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE NO ACTUALL TRACE OF THEM SAYING IT. IF YOU KNOW THEY SAID IT PLEASE LINK IT AS A SOURCE SO WE CAN CONFIRM WHAT WE ALL SUSPECT IS TRUE. I SPENT HOURS FINDING NOTHING NOW MORE THAN VAGUE WHATS WHAT WHO WHERE.

if my plain english is failing let me know. But you are correct most likely we all think and feel we have seen them say it. But there just doesnt seem to be a trace of it so a source would be great. If you cant give a source, just accept we all are agreeing but want someone to give a source, or mindark to clarify directly. And wait till either someone remembers where in several years of thousands of posts it is, and stop fighting air lol.
I am directing you to where it is stated. You want me to copy and paste it for you? I will get some just from the ToS and the website but I will not redig the trenches of the mod posts for you...

5.1. Definitions

The following terms referred to in this paragraph will have the following meaning:

Terminated Account (or “Account Termination”) means that the Account is purged and that You will no longer be able to retrieve its contents or to re-activate it to access Entropia Universe. Purging the Account means that, when applicable, all skills will be deleted, any estate deeds will be transferred back to MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner and the virtual objects on the Account will be exchanged for their Trade Terminal (TT) value. The aggregated value will be added to the balance on the PED Card connected to Your Account for You to withdraw if exceeding the minimal withdrawal limit of 1 000 PED. Any pending transactions involving a Terminated Account will be revoked.

In the event that Your Account is Terminated and if applicable, no refund will be granted except for the balance on Your PED Card and the TT value of the objects on the Account, as set out above. Any delinquent or unresolved issues relating to former participation in the Entropia Universe must be resolved before MindArk will permit You to register a new Account.

5.5. Banned Account

If Your Entropia Universe Account has been temporarily Banned, MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner may, at their sole discretion and upon verification of Your identity or fulfillment of other conditions, reactivate Your Account.

You hereby expressly acknowledge that if MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner decide not to reactivate Your Account, it will eventually be Terminated, with or without Your right to withdraw any remaining PED Card value, on MindArk's and/or MindArk's Partner sole and absolute discretion.

How can I delete my account?
If you want to cancel your Entropia Universe account permanently, you can contact Support. We will then terminate your account. When the account is terminated, all skills are deleted and any remaining items will be sold to the Trade Terminal at their Trade Terminal value. This value will then be transferred to your PED Card. If the PED Card balance exceeds the administration cost for termination (1000 PED), you can request a withdrawal for the remaining amount.
NOTE: Once terminated, the account cannot be activated again. If you wish to participate in the Entropia Universe again, you will have to register a new account.

I am directing you to where it is stated. You want me to copy and paste it for you? I will get some just from the ToS and the website but I will not redig the trenches of the mod posts for you...

Yes, Like i stated the TOS talks about items if removed or deleted it entales or talks nothing about the security in value should Mindark go bankrupt or shut the doors.

You're just repeating what we all know and what we all agree with so ill just stop replying to you and wait for Mindark to clarify what we still need a answer to :)

Yes, Like i stated the TOS talks about items if removed or deleted it entales or talks nothing about the security in value should Mindark go bankrupt or shut the doors.

You're just repeating what we all know and what we all agree with so ill just stop replying to you and wait for Mindark to clarify what we still need a answer to :)
Guess what, them shutting the doors is called termination of your account… it’s not only for bans.

they can terminate accounts for any reason and that obviously includes shutting the game down.

"MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT."

Incident = could be game shut down
If acknowledged = In a court of law?
Limited to no more than = could be nothing

This thread has really gone off course :popcorn:

Mindark dont care. You wont get your tiering skills compensation (ever) even though they promised it!

Mindark are not interested in your suggestions, you wont get a reply. Just deposit money and then be quiet.

If you were not at this event, you wont be getting any more information. It was all 'maybe's' 'if's' and 'hopefully's' anyway.
Start saving up for your Warlock figurine that you voted for, that will never show up on the webshop.

Sorry to sound harsh, but look around you at this forum and perhaps it is time to smell the coffee. :coffee:

There is no MU

markup does not exist for MA, it is a player concept. They will not return markup except in rare instances like removal of personal revive terminal and buyback of tiering skills, or that one time they did an auction of a banned players items (darkarai) (only player to get markup paid and it was from players not MA)
For the record; Darkaruki liquidated all his items himself on auction before moving to Sweden to take the job.
MA did not list the items on auction. His Avatar was deleted due to the new job. He was not banned. For all we know, he has made a new avatar since.

Last edited:
For the record; Darkaruki liquidated all his items himself on auction before moving to Sweden to take the job.
MA did not list the items on auction. His Avatar was deleted due to the new job. He was not banned. For all we know, he has made a new avatar since.
Oops sorry the banned auction was another player, I must have mixed up the 2 auction sources on my research.

"MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT."

Incident = could be game shut down
If acknowledged = In a court of law?
Limited to no more than = could be nothing

This thread has really gone off course :popcorn:

That section actually never struck me to contain those events.

But its then a little contradictory to the items section where only "tt value" counts. But would it then suddenly also entale as it states total amount transfered? That indirectly does actually give security of "Markup" and not only TT.

IE, gun is 1000 ped TT, but has a MU of 49 000, player wants to buy the gun and has to deposit funds equal to 49 000 (assumin depositing) to get it.

The way I enterpret it would be that, if you deposit, no matter what you've deposited, is secured, and for those whos managed to actually get things rolling, and make a decent amount of money, albeit not many do but those who do self sustain, will get the short end of the stick :p

The reason I'm adamant and acting blind, dumb and deaf, is purely because i think we, as players, playing a RCE game that heavily involves a lot of money, should have some security for items more than just "TT value" or as the line states Deposited. Without security, any player given markup is kind of borderline pointless, any and all items used for profffessions should be valued at TT+0 and only consumables would hold a realistic value as those items would be consumed, not invested in.

We, the players, in my opinion, if we want to talk about Entropia and items being "invested" in, we should demand security for the assets we have. Like i've mentioned, if Entropia launches UE5, it goes to shit and worst case scenario happens, a lot of people will lose hundreds of thousands, if not millions of "investements" simply gone up in smoke. I do not find that ok.

Using investement is also in my opinion very dangerous, as who would want to invest in something which has no security (or only half a year security, it would mean to be secured, you'd need to liquify your entire inventory and withdraw, and re-deposit again every 6 months, that is not "investing")? If you invest in a hedgefund or stocks or what not, some actors have no security for investements, but its heavily implied because they dont want lawsuits should the ship sink.

We, the players, wether you're a low depo player or a mega whaleshark, or well established trader or sweatmaster galore, should expect a certain level of clarity in these things.

And i'm not interested in things that can be interpreted one way or another depending on who reads it, clarification means to clarify, not to dig deeper into the notion of someone missinterpreting something one way or another. To clarift means to make it clear what the meaning of something is. Something in this case of what is asked, is something we the players should not debate as things can be interpreted differently from different people. The creator should clarify, because they are the people behind it, they should clarify what they mean with what they say.

Back