Question: Anyone tried this ?

fnalig

Prowler
Society
Lost renegades
Lazze fnalig oaktree
Im just curious if anyone with more money then brain ever tried to drop a bomb on the same spot every 5 minutes or so for with 1 K bombs or so, just to try to figure out the respawn time :silly2: ? I THINK i read such a post a few years back. Would be intresting to know the result of such test :bomb::tower:

You fund the bombs and I'll go and do it :)

if someone funds the bombs I can do it in another place... we need to do it in several places to be sure the result is correct :wise:

Would 100 bombs at etch place be enugh?

Search, people have done it for 100 or 200 bombs, there are threads on these forum somewhere.

Im not sure on their drop intervul, but i remember several threads on it in the last few years.

cliff notes, youll have a big loss!

I have done it before, with 1.5k bombs in the same place. But i was droppin them instantly after the previous one

Never found anything after the first drop....still got skill gains, and i believe slighter better returns in the few days after

Rgds

Ace

That sound interesting, at least from a non-mining newbie's view. :)
Nighthawk said:
we need to do it in several places to be sure the result is correct

Along with places, skill levels would be a good variable to test.

I would also be happy to do some of the leg work and drop some bombs/probes. Unfortunately, I would need some outside funding,:ahh: but of course all deposits would be returned to the sponsor. :)

If multiple bombs dropped in the same positions repeatedly did find a claim it would put a serious dent in any vein theories and, depending on the time of claim, may help with some time theories.

There is a small but serious flaw in this you know.

You need to find something to respawn in the first place :laugh:

I've always wondered if running around bombing all over is silly...and all we need to do is pick a small area and rebomb it every few hours until a tower finds it's way there ;)

t

I have thought of trying this but am fearful of the dismal result.

There is a small but serious flaw in this you know.

You need to find something to respawn in the first place :laugh:

I've always wondered if running around bombing all over is silly...and all we need to do is pick a small area and rebomb it every few hours until a tower finds it's way there ;)

This I have tried in a small limited sample. Found a claim (V Zinc) and left it. Logged out right at the spot, came back later after it had expired and rebombed multiple times - didn't refind it. Did the test again but didn't log, just stayed right at the spot to monitor for maybe others in the area. There were none, after the claim expired I rebombed and again didn't refind the claim.....

Had multiple claims can't remember how many bombs. Multiple other people have done this too and said so in previous threads on the same topic.

*edit*
I think it was 2 claims in around 100 bombs then as I left I dropped an enmat and got an oil global. The original claim was a lyst global, just outside north nymph, I'll see if I can dig up the tracker info..

*edit2*
I dug out, logged, when I came back the next day, I randomly dropped every so many minutes while watching movies/anime, got a claim, dug it, logged, got pissed, came back next day, dropped, got global, dug it, left...
Then I got a HoF at Camp Phoenix hehe xD

Crude Oil 222 PED Monday, December 08, 2008 10:41
Crude Oil 50 PED Monday, December 08, 2008 09:19
Lysterium stone 76 PED Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:45

*edit3*
Now I think about it, I think I got pissed the first night after the initial Lyst global, just to clarify.
:laugh:

Last edited:
No resouces found.
No resouces found.
No resouces found.
No resouces found x 100

the best way to know is to ask the mindark / fpc that programmed how they spawn mining deposits. only they know :wise:

Who wants to join me in a raid to Sweden :laugh:

jk obiously :rolleyes:

Back