Are you an Old Player but not super active?

5 years in November for me. I still log on most nights for an hour or so of mining. I`m often logged on but afk or up and down doing other stuff around here but am there for our society. I rarely ever log on during the day anymore. I`m certainly checking in on EF more than the game istelf. The big reason is I just can`t stretch my PED anymore like I used to and have hit that mid level wall of no realistic chance of upgrading gear without depositing a boatload on money. And that`s not going to happen.

I`ve put in a few bucks lately just so I can get some bombs or ammo. But when all my gear needs repair and storage is all but empty things just don`t look so good. Chatting is still fun but most days I feel like I`m just taking up space. My skills don`t matter anymore. The valleys of loot got deeper and the peaks way less frequent. I don`t see being fully active again unless I could be depositing at least 100 bucks a week. And the way it disappears now I won`t do that. It would be foolish. So barring getting lucky with a big loot I`ll be jumping in to drop 50 bombs and then tt`ing all the junk so I can do it again the next day if I`m lucky.

If I did`nt have to be home with kids all the time and taking care of a household and family I might hardly log on at all.

Been here since feb 2005.

I have lost much of my interest... Just tending to my shops and businesses nowadays. Could not care less about loot and mobs.

In any case, I have a full time job,a wife and 2 kids that take up most of my time.

It just hit med why I'm so rarely online.

Full time job,a wife, 6 kids, one horse, one dog, two cats, three Gerbils, three guinea pigs, two cars and a house to take care of. At the same time I have alot of other activities that I like to do.

No wonder I got no time for Entropia. :D

Playing since 2005 here. Although not as active as I once was, I still log in a few times a week for a few hunts or harassing people in chat. Part of the reason is having a LOT of work recently, and the other part is not having as much of a motivation to log in as I used to. But sure the latter may change ;)

Been playing..i don't know how many years, but a long time.
As VU 10 hit, RL did the same and i had to drop pretty much everything.
As i were absent the new EU took of and lest me far behind.
Now when things are resolved in RL and i log back in i realize that
what i once knew and was familiar with are no longer valid.
It's a completly new world with a new look and feel to it and i have
to start over from square one again.

I don't know if that was what i wanted from VU10..

But we'll see.
Once bitten by the EU bug it's hard to stay away.
and bugs there seems to be lots of...

I'm still around sort of since EU went gold. Probably 7 or 8 years now! And every now and then I'll show everyone the true meaning of Snowflake :p

Just wanted to post something after all this time and this thread compelled me to do eet!

Never will be gone forever I guess, too many friends too many fun memories....

;)

Was on day one game was up, off a year, on a few weeks, off two years, actually played some -06 but again off until 08 when I had some good fun here.

Etc etc.

Half a year total since 03? Perhaps.

One avatar wasn't restorable at all and one I got back with all items in TT ped value. The pleasures of real life cost a lot :)

well i was thinking maybe we should all get together. and make our own fun. just have an old timers party get together in game and just reminis about old times. or do like a silly team hunt with opalo's maybe even make a society or join one of the old ones that have been around a long time. I just think we old times should stick together or something.

6.5 years for me, I'd like to be online more but IRL keeps getting in the way and the desire isn't there to make time to grind any longer. I just want to login, kill big shit, and laugh with friends these days without losing too much ped. That last part is the catch tho.... ;)

*Snip*

Whine sorry, please ignore.

Last edited:
Been in game a lil over 6 years and used to play a lot but now not so much. This is due to the many changes that I don't have time to keep up with and seems like the games players have changed. Used to things were cheaper and people had fun but with things being so expensive everyone is just trying to get by.

6 years + now.. And im still waiting for those beverages :(
It feels like its the same old game as back in 2004, but with better graphics and new planets.. oh yeah, and missions.....

Still here,will be active again in 2,3 weeks.dunno for how long tho,
it doesnt look too good tbh.

It's been like 6+ years for me.

Entropia doesn't provide enough new and interesting content to keep me busy and involved. Because of that, Entropia is pretty low on my priority list.

Too be honest, I don't think I'll ever be as active as I once was. The grind is just so.....well...boring.

Just wondering are there any players out there that are old like 5+ years in Entropia. Still Love Entropia but just because of Real Life or lack of time dont play a ton but still check in keep up with the forums.

Thanks for the heads up on the thread Rex. I started... I think it was april 2004 so yeh been a while now. Have recently returned to vu11 entropia after a break for 2.5 years ish when I logged out at the end of vu8.

Yeh I think being in touch with old players more would be good and the soc idea certainly interesting...

I'm in a bit of a quandry re socs. My old soc (Sterling and Moss Associates) was more or less me DD and il in the end. Poor il has been on his own since nov when DD went awol and has just moved to UPC last week. So I'm on my own, kinda lonely having a soc chat with no one in it :(

I'm having a "slow ponder" as to what to do now. Try to expand Moss, join UPC or go Freelancer for a bit and see what happens (its been years so could be interesting...)

I was always the enternal noob so in someways I'm thinking going it alone for a bit might be a plan. Everything is new now so starting again so to speak as regards making new friends and finding folks I meld with in game might be a good plan...

not sure really... I guess for now I'll see how it goes...

Wistrel

I'm gonna make 5 years in September, the last 2 years been a bit of playing a month or two, leaving for 5 or 6, and so on.. just "came back" 2 days ago from a few months away.. from time to time come check EF and one time or another logging on to say hi to my friends, but playing dedicated, been a while.. it's just its not anymore what used to be..

I'm gonna make 5 years in September, the last 2 years been a bit of playing a month or two, leaving for 5 or 6, and so on.. just "came back" 2 days ago from a few months away.. from time to time come check EF and one time or another logging on to say hi to my friends, but playing dedicated, been a while.. it's just its not anymore what used to be..

Yeh.... far be it from jumping straight in with the "no good no more" vibe that would be very easy to pitch in with I'm certainly feeling somethings up. At the moment I'm not ready to say its a negative thing as such but yes it IS different....

I was wondering around new Oxford the other day and something about the place felt.... I dunno, creepy? After a while I started to feel a little bit like I was in some sort of post apocalyptic scenario. Like I was exploring an abandoned place. This might not be a bad thing though...

Mathayus, you sound very similar to me, I've generally been very in and out as regards Entropia over the years, I think thats how I've stayed to be honest, by taking breaks.

I do wonder if this society idea of Rex's might be an plan but don't think I'm ready to give up on the new colonists yet...

At first glance the majority of them seem to be money wannabes, "Where do I get a gun? I'm not going to deposit" etc etc with no discernible true interest in the game; They are the type who have daft names etc.

Still that said there are always those who seem to care a little more. I'm thinking I need to hang out at PA/SC a bit and see who I can find...

Wistrel

5 year - ish i think not that sure dont keep track...

had some down periods with playing but never really left,
atm playing a awfull lot more.

For me it dont gets boring fast (i like grinding and skill games)

Also change what i do a lot, thnx to the opalo sga i can grind low lvl mobs to get peds to waste on bigger stuff.

Dont see me quiting this ever , i just love the game

main proffesions:
laser pistoleer lvl 52
laser sniper lvl 49
ranged laser lvl 50
evader lvl 27

I have been playing EU for 4 years now, and the reason I'm not playing anymore is my computer. Haven't been able to play properly since august 2009 when CE2 came. :(

what are your pc specs??

me and some m8's got it to run on terrible low machines (laptop with a celeron 1gig cpu , intel r4 vidchip is about the shittiest of all we have it running on.

what might help to get it to run is a iobit application called game-booster,no garantee but the application can make the dif between running it and not running it on low end pc's

Been in PE/EU/PC since aug 2003, and there has been months that has
been more active then others.
But lately, I'm too bored of EU/PC. I don't depo atm, since there other
stuff IRL that are way higher on my prioritylist, and to be honset, ROI
has become a joke imo.
So I have changed my gameplay some, from using EU/PC as entertainment
with depos, to a place where I can (hopefully) get some free USD instead. :)

Been in PE/EU since October 2003, and over those 6½ years I consider my selfe as always active. However, at times there has been less time to play, due to RL issues, mostly work related.
Sometimes you just find it boring and you don't get the insperation. So, suddenly, you get that insperation back, and you get back to the old habbit of playing more.
Another aspect of it is the economy side of EU. With the introduction of Nova/Blazar, we got another form of "no loot" (no TT value + no market value) and that can easily drain your pocket quickly.
But over all, some days I play more, sometiems much more, some days less or not at all, but I never end or quit.

Last edited:
Will be six years in December for me...

I've had plenty of fun on the $15-$20 month budget and will continue to do so for years more. :)

Most of the players I logged heavily with in the beginning have moved on, but I still hang around ever now and then to see things develop and the Entropia system evolve.

Still here, playing more than i probably should ;)

Been around since september -04 and still play alot, but sometimes not.
It all depends on how much RL work I got, but I use to check EF anyway.

Are you an old player in a dead soc who is active again buts feel lost among the new players, strange sweating devices and new fangled vehicles...? looking for a new home?

if so, drop me a pm ;)

Wistrel

6 years this December.

I still play every day, now more seriously than I did back when I began.

5 years or so now.. I have been online more than is healthy lately, browsing the forums, everything. But I feel 'one of my tunes' is coming soon, as I am so pissed with my return lately, so I maybe take a few months break soon. Naturally I will return :)

I've been playing for close to 6 years now. I'm am somewhat active at this time, but that is because I've got nothing else to do at the moment and I'm sure that, as soon as I find a job or something, this will change.

I do still love EU and I have no intentions of quitting any time soon.

I have been playing since erm about 1 year before WoW came out so

7+ years maybe? very on and off. started with full on 4 hours + a day for a year now i come back every so offen play for about a month lose all my peds, then i take a break for a couple of months then i come back etc etc :)

Back