ARMOR QUESTIONS!

So there are a few questions I have for armor.

(CHARACTER INFO)

I am a Long Sword Melee hunter. wish i had of figured out i like melee first, instead of lvling ranged to almost 12. so i am at 10.5 in both Hit and Dmg on Sword. to kill the lvl gap, i did cyrene rookie dailys for perception, and combat reflex, codex dexterity, inflict melee, stg, stam, melee anything. so it has kept me from having a gap in my lvl like with guns. my evade and dodge are lvl 8 and 7.

(QUESTIONS)
I just got full Ghost, and will get my 5B plates this Friday. it is overkill for my current lvl. but just having it ready for when i need it. HOW LONG DOES GHOST LAST to what level, before i need to get my hands on better? so i know when i need to save and invest.

What level can i start farming Viceroy in AU? and not die, and how much would it cost just to buy what i need to complete the quest? to avoid the farming or some of it?

Also ANGEL ARMOR LIMITED, and UNLIMITED - where exactly does this come from, is it a drop from mobs, or quest. and ANGEL UNLIMITED improved, rare drop or QUEST

cause the wiki shows a drop, but other information says it is a quest you can do. By using GHOST ARMOR with ANGLE ARMOR + stuff, you can upgrade the angel armor to IMPROVED. but finding where the quest is. If there is a qeust for this one, and exactly what is needed is not easy. but it says its located on calypso?

So i am asking for anyone who has already done this, knows the info directly, and can lead me where i need to go and what to do.

Cause Angel armor Improved looks pretty ENDGAME or late game? and I like armor that does not break, even though it loses defenses as it loses TT.

The reason UL armor is appealing to me, 1 it doesnt break, and say i just want to hunt for a little bit, then i can just give it a small charge to go hunt smaller stuff, or big charge to hunt bigger stuff. and i dont have to worry about it breaking and having to go find and buy a new piece. and eventually i can TEIR max it, and really deck it out for events and stuff.

and THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP in things.

Get angel armor from the auction. Or PCF trades where you have a better chance to get a full set. You won’t be looting it.

viceroy is made with very easy to acquire materials, common loot from arkadia mobs, easy to find on auction tii
Upgrading the viceroy requires rarish drops that you won’t have the levels to fight yet, but a mid level player will kill them easily. Alternatively just buy those materials too.

there’s no rule when to upgrade armor, it depends on what you want to hunt and what your healing and lifesteal strategy is. When you get sick of dying so much, then get better armor

Imo upgrade your hp and evade, get adj resto and then think about other armors. I have over 300hp and decent evader and that allows me to use ghost for mobs lvl 50-100. Unl Angel barely drops (or not at all), L you can loot from some mobs (neconu for example) and imp angel drops from Eomon during migration event but for now you can forget about hunting those and armor is v.rare. imp angel set sells for over 70k ped if i remember. Good luck with your journey mate!

(QUESTIONS)
I just got full Ghost, and will get my 5B plates this Friday. it is overkill for my current lvl. but just having it ready for when i need it. HOW LONG DOES GHOST LAST to what level, before i need to get my hands on better? so i know when i need to save and invest.
I would say it's absolutely overkill. Much better to get one of the disciple graduation armours and stick plates on that to use as everyday armour for the time being.

Ghost will serve you okay as a general armour as you skill up and can use higher level weapons to take on higher level mobs. Adding suitable plates to take on mobs with different damage types will extend its usefulness, but you will eventually outgrow it. You will get to a point where Ghost will not be strong enough for some of the mobs you will want to take on. Also, when not taking on the tougher mobs, due to your skills you will notice it starting to provide a minimal amount of additional protection over one of the disciple armours.

Ghost is damn ugly. Get gremlin

I tried so many armors, now I got a Raven armor + 8A sga plates set and it’s great.
Even though the tt is low on the armor, the evade skills make up for it.

You need like lvl 40 evade to make ghost armor “effective”

I think DPS and range is the best armor. I could in theory one shot myself with full eon and 66 burn plates... but atleast the animals don't reach me :)
Then you ain’t skilling defensive skills

I would say it's absolutely overkill. Much better to get one of the disciple graduation armours and stick plates on that to use as everyday armour for the time being.

Ghost will serve you okay as a general armour as you skill up and can use higher level weapons to take on higher level mobs. Adding suitable plates to take on mobs with different damage types will extend its usefulness, but you will eventually outgrow it. You will get to a point where Ghost will not be strong enough for some of the mobs you will want to take on. Also, when not taking on the tougher mobs, due to your skills you will notice it starting to provide a minimal amount of additional protection over one of the disciple armours.
thank you, yeah i do not get tons of play time, so my deciple armor grind is slow, but i am 14 percent from graduation. and am on NI, because i should be able to grind that out this weekend. and get the ATLAS set seeing i am Melee.

wish i had of brought my starter package set, so i could farm on the higher lvl mobs and speed it up. so i am stuck killing lvl 0 and lvl 1 in the start area till i graduate. i might go deal with the lvl 2 paps but i need the RED PAPS for a quest and they hit really hard when they do hit me. so armor would of have been nice to negate that.

Then you ain’t skilling defensive skills

Thats the thing, i've never needed it. And when I do decide to skill up melee for its benefits i'll also be getting kill strike stacked with it. So it really doesn't bother me to have neglected it.

Back