As a miner i feel a little left out by these Enhancers

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
I've just found out from the guy who posted about the skill modification enchancer that it seems useless for maxed out finders

That only leaves two left now for me:

Depth one: obviously very important
Extractor speed one: usefull for pvp

That is two and the rest are for hunters. And yes i believe that armours and medical tools are really only usefull for hunters

I just feel a bit left out by MA for being a full time miner. And as i do not entre pvp the 2nd one is really useless to me.

So i am left with one usefull enhancement.......! That is untill i max out the vrx3 and i am not too far from that.

I will be left with no usefull enhancements unless MA increase the depth cap

OMG i think i just made my first whining thread (other than about other whiners)......ARRGGHH

Rgds

Ace

look in the bp book, there are other enhancers for mining, think i saw one that said range, which i believe will increase your search radius. i only breifly looked through the bp book myself, but im sure there are more than range, depth, speed blah blah

look in the bp book, there are other enhancers for mining, think i saw one that said range, which i believe will increase your search radius. i only breifly looked through the bp book myself, but im sure there are more than range, depth, speed blah blah

Now that would be cool, at least one usefull enhancement for me then....better than nothing ;)

+rep for informing me thank you

Rgds

Ace

Also i think that once the eco enhancer for finders are discovered, you might find those useful, not sure of the decay on vrx3k, but im sure its alot more than of105. maybe you can get 10-15%more drops using those?

See it from bright side ....

You dont need use any enhancers (if you max vrx3k) to use at max cap is in EU atm ..ie: 1000m
You can make you driller insane fast to drill 3999 PED lyst in short time ... i call it a benefit (less exttact time .... time=money, so good).

You got business model now. ... ppl who DONT max vrx3k would like to ... so unlock 3-5 tiers and sell for more then bought ... ppl can buy it ... add some enhancers to max it out. (yet to see skill mod enh. %) <--- take it as example.

Look and calculate can you make OF10? to 1000m (or close) depth .. so no need buy L .. good imo.

You dont need so much enhancers to be maxed as max possible, so no extra cost .... hunters ... if some hunter wont enhanc and other will .. those who enhace will be "stronger" so you miner dont need it ... call it benefit imo .. ahh yes... those who are lower then you can reach you with enhancers ... so also true.

Arent it MindArks thing to always leave out the miners? thats what i always thought :laugh:

See it from bright side ....

You dont need use any enhancers (if you max vrx3k) to use at max cap is in EU atm ..ie: 1000m
You can make you driller insane fast to drill 3999 PED lyst in short time ... i call it a benefit (less exttact time .... time=money, so good).

You got business model now. ... ppl who DONT max vrx3k would like to ... so unlock 3-5 tiers and sell for more then bought ... ppl can buy it ... add some enhancers to max it out. (yet to see skill mod enh. %) <--- take it as example.

Look and calculate can you make OF10? to 1000m (or close) depth .. so no need buy L .. good imo.

You dont need so much enhancers to be maxed as max possible, so no extra cost .... hunters ... if some hunter wont enhanc and other will .. those who enhace will be "stronger" so you miner dont need it ... call it benefit imo .. ahh yes... those who are lower then you can reach you with enhancers ... so also true.

I did think about the OF105, and if it is like the damage enhancements, like first tier 5%, 2nd teir 10%, 3rd teir 15%

You would only need 4/5 tiers of them to max 1000m

But then again probably best to wait untill confirmation of what depth and how much before i make too many assumptions

I have a feeling that range will be the only usefull one for me, in the near future. But heyho, i am happy with that....i orginally thought i would not be able to use any usefull enhancers ;)

Come on MA make those blazers drop more so i can test out the range ones!!!

Rgds

Ace

Don't worry, almost no hunter will use them. ;)

However, you can drop PEDs on the ground.
About same effect than enhancers, and much more simple. :laugh:

ROFL +rep

"Goes out looking for peds in trees!"

Rgds

Ace

PS Sorry it will not let me add rep yet

Maybe some are yet to be discovered ... dunno ofc ...

Miners have some use of the hunter stuff to, because most miners have some kind of weapon and armor they can improve.

Maybe some are yet to be discovered ... dunno ofc ...

of course, all or atleast most of the uber enhancers(tier 5 and above probly) will be in the form of L bp's, no telling what will come from the L bp's, but i would be willing to bet that after all the enhancers are discovered and tested and taken apart, everyone will completely change there minds about the system, everyone will probly say, how did we ever get along without them. just my prediction, seen it happen atleast once or twice in my 3 years here!

hunting* just got more tools than mining**, that's why there are (yet) just few mining enhancers while hunting got loads.

*weapon, armor, fap
** finder, driller

few of the mining dimensions actually make sense to be enhanced.
(not claiming to be complete)

more range (e.g. 100m instead of 55m) would'nt help much since you get only one claim per click (well a multiclaim enhancer would own...), so you rebomb more while you still have to run to the next drop - just the running distance would be more. evens out and aint worth extra enhancer cost imho.

eco of finder: well it's just a fraction of cost per click, so not worth enhancing...2pec per click on mf105 vs. maybe 5% less - not worth the hassle.

finder depth makes sense and is already implemented.

reload of finder doesnt need to be enhanced since it takes longer to claim than to reload. enhancing the claiming process would be cool (takes like 10s or whatever atm) and prevent one from losing a claim due to being killed while "waiting for data".

enhancing claim size*** or hit rate*** would be dangerous since the enhancer itself does not cycle much peds, so that would dry out the loot fast.
***bigger claims would have to lead to fewer hits ala cnd/ more hits would have to lead to smaller claims

driller is just a fraction of mining costs, so i don't really care. enhancing speed and units per pull does make sense. range maybe would be cool so it's easier to reach claims which pop on a unclimbable hill.

to sum it up, i'm fine with the current enhancer situation. that feature exists not even one week, so ofcoz there is room for enhancement ;)

In years of playing I have learned it is the miners who get the shaft. Oh well, I'm still gonna mine!

I want find-range enhancer as this is the only one that can be useful, rest is bullcrap anyway.

Last edited:
I want find-range enhancer as this is the only one that can be useful, rest is bullcrap anyway.

Well, for my part i'm steering away from the enchancers 'till they tweak, fix, and adjust the tiering-up requirements and failure rates... however, i must say both the depth and range enchancers for finders would be definate improvements worth investigating further ; i.e as mentioned earlier if you can get max. depth(1000m) with a lower finder than the (L) on a UL one, that's grounds for celebration... any increase in range of course would be a vast increase in profitability since even 1m extra range on a 1000m depth finder would be 360*1m*1000m= lots more search ground covered ^^

There is no range enhancer for finders

Therefore, for me there are NO usefull enhancers at all

MA you fail

Rgds

Ace

Hey Dave, MA has been kind to miners with the enhancements imo ;)

EU still needs ores/enmatters to craft and we as miners have to go find them for the crafters. I think it has improved the experience enormously.

I think also its a good thing that miners can skill up to max the big finders without needing any enhancements to be paid for.

And we can also loot the occasional 'special' ingredient when we kill mobs too so double bonus cos we dont need to get too geared up to do that.

I just love the extra work we got now as miners........... :laugh:

Hey Dave, MA has been kind to miners with the enhancements imo ;)

EU still needs ores/enmatters to craft and we as miners have to go find them for the crafters. I think it has improved the experience enormously.

I think also its a good thing that miners can skill up to max the big finders without needing any enhancements to be paid for.

And we can also loot the occasional 'special' ingredient when we kill mobs too so double bonus cos we dont need to get too geared up to do that.

I just love the extra work we got now as miners........... :laugh:

Hey hun,

Well six of one, we have the ores/enmatters, hunters have the components/blazar for them

They have many usefull enhancers, weapons (numerous), armour, fap

For a big finder - NOTHING!!!

I just feel left out once again cause i am a miner that is all

Rgds

Ace

Just wanted to say, absolutely fantastic MA

Big +rep for finds beyond the illusive 1000m range

I am damn happy now :)

Rgds

Ace

Back