Asteroid Auction Details

I was reading a book the other day, it talked about a different rule about auctions... The winner would get the item, but the 2nd bidder, would lose the amount they put in as well, without getting anything, to keep bidding high, since people don't want to lose out of the prize and the money as well.
Now that would surely keep the lootpool filled for a few seconds at least.

Thats the most stupid thing i heard in ages.

I suppose the difference is that with Crystal Palace it was a new item going on sale with FPC being the seller whilst with CND, its a participant sale.

Still, due to the amount of the asking price I dont think it would be unreasonable to make high value items like these "special cases"

But where do you draw the line?

Can I have my fee waived if I deposit to buy a Mod Fap?

Can I have my fee waived if I deposit to buy a Land Area?

Can I have my fee waived if I deposit to buy Shadow?

Can I have my fee waived if I deposit to buy an ML-35?

Can I have my fee waived if I deposit to buy Goblin?

Making a 'special case' would be totally unfair, unless they're going to remove the withdrawal fees permanently (they aren't).

Making a 'special case' would be totally unfair, unless they're going to remove the withdrawal fees permanently (they aren't).

I certainly hope they aren't gonna make some special exeptions, if they do i will lose all my faith in keeping this game fair towards all players if one player gets the possibility of getting fees removed, well unless they do it for all the players.

The withdrawal fee wasnt removed it was capped at $100.

Well unless we hear different, it looks like they aren't going to make the CND sale a special case and so potential bidders will have to take the withdrawal fee into account when depositing a large amount.

Sale doesnt finish until 6th June so situation could change and/or there could be a addition to the EULA for very large deposits. :dunno:

I certainly hope they aren't gonna make some special exeptions, if they do i will lose all my faith in keeping this game fair towards all players...

surely you jest :laugh:

It's quite common for businesses to bend rules a bit for high-paying customers. Discounts on bulk purchases, etc.

Even us players do this: Since Player XXX is offering to buy all 10,000 of my Item Z, I offer him a lower MU. (Or do you insist everyone pay the same amount every time, to be fair?)

MA/FPC have not said they'd waive/reduce withdraw fees for this sale, however, it might be a good idea for them to.

BTW, just got confirmation from Support:

Entropia Universe Support said:
2010-05-21 11:34 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. We will change the name of the Asteroid and the global announcement message as a service, free of charge, for the new owner. We wish you a pleasant weekend in Entropia Universe!
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

appx 1st Q gross tax revenue for 2010

Jan - 170k ped
Feb - 160k ped
March - 170k ped
April - 140k ped

All DNA currently in the Domes is included

Not bad, mean average =160k ped

60 month 5 yr investment return 60 months x 16k USD = 960k USD gross

Total value of investment 480k USD clear.

Your on the knocker with 5Mil PED SB.

If an investment doesn't produce min 200% ROI in 5yrs its a waste of time IRL.

For fun aspects I believe this will go for more than 500k usd.

Not bad, mean average =160k ped

60 month 5 yr investment return 60 months x 16k USD = 960k USD gross

Total value of investment 480k USD clear.

Your on the knocker with 5Mil PED SB.

If an investment doesn't produce min 200% ROI in 5yrs its a waste of time IRL.

For fun aspects I believe this will go for more than 500k usd.

Assuming there will continue to be people willing to blow their money in PE and on the asteroid for five more years :laugh:

Let's be clear, we are talking about withdraw fees for players who bid on high value items in auction and lost.

All MA has to do is say for any item placed in auction with a starting bid of 500,000 PED or more - any player who bids on the item and loses the auction can withdraw the funds within 30 days for a nominal fee of $100 U.S.

Assuming there will continue to be people willing to blow their money in PE and on the asteroid for five more years :laugh:

Well there has been for the last 5 years, dunno if it will change to more, less, or not at all :dunno:

MA might go bankrupt, might make EU one of the big games out there, or just go on as usual ;)

I don't think EU is going to fall over anytime soon.

Either way, selling the rock shows NeverDie has honest intentions to remove his conflict of interest as a developer of, and an employer in, Entropia Universe.

The Bank license which I learned today doesn't expire and any remaining small LAs on Calypso being the next logical step to remove this burden.

If he is true to his word in the other OP to totally remove his CoI in the business path he has progressed in;

Im really focused on ROCKtropia and NEXT Island at the Moment..
I need to invest everything I have into my Studio and marketing...

I see those steps following shortly behind CND.

Cross forum discussions :)

Link > http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/planet-calypso-general/1717-will-neverdie-sell-bank-next.html

Last edited:
BTW, just got confirmation from Support:
Originally Posted by Entropia Universe Support
2010-05-21 11:34 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. We will change the name of the Asteroid and the global announcement message as a service, free of charge, for the new owner. We wish you a pleasant weekend in Entropia Universe!
Kind regards,

OK, so presumably we can expect the same for anyone who buys any land area or other estate too then.

Right?

Support sent:

Hello

I understand that you have decided that anyone who buys the asteroid space resort can have certain privileges, namely:

We will change the name of the Asteroid and the global announcement message as a service, free of charge, for the new owner. We wish you a pleasant weekend in Entropia Universe!
Kind regards,

(copied from another player's support case)

I know that you like to treat everyone equally here so obviously you will add the same benefits to other estate sales as you have to Neverdie's sales.

So can you confirm that if I buy OLA-65 (currently in the in-game auction) I will get the same rights? I.E. Global announcement and naming, free of charge. Or if I buy any other land area I can have the same rights to free global messages and naming?

Thanks for your help.

Oleg

Support sent:

Well ND paid for the the global chat thing in the first place, one could argue that it's already included in the sale and the renaming isn't really a free service imo.

Does OLA-65 got a Global announcement right now?

I think if the ownership changes and there is a clear link between the former owner and the announcement, the change should be free of charge, if it's a neutral one there should be a small fee if the new owner want a change.

Well ND paid for the the global chat thing in the first place, one could argue that it's already included in the sale and the renaming isn't really a free service imo.

Does OLA-65 got a Global announcement right now?

I think if the ownership changes and there is a clear link between the former owner and the announcement, the change should be free of charge, if it's a neutral one there should be a small fee if the new owner want a change.

What you think and what is real may or may not be different. Who knows? You'd probably think it's important that we should know things like that. But we don't, because they make it up as they go along.

I'll let you know the answer when I get one.

OK, so presumably we can expect the same for anyone who buys any land area or other estate too then.

Right?

the name club neverdie is copyrited isnt which explains why the names not for sale and would have to be changed anyway im sure if a la owner was selling his la with customglobel messege that had his copy protected name in it that would obviosly have to get changed weather u wanted to or not.

i know my spelling is bad but im tired and dot give a shit.

Back