ATH vs MA Office Hours

Status

Raine

Provider
Society
cK Coat Killers
Alexia Raine Ashton
So, has anyone else noticed that the majority of the uber high hofs occur during the daytime in sweden? We all know they specifically control such loots, but this just goes to show that it's all in real time. Which means they not only pick the mob, location, loot value, and items, but also pick the person. If that's not favoring and discrimination I don't know what is.

Now, obviously globals happen all day long, so they aren't controlled this way. So, wouldn't it be more fair for MA to make the uberloots work the same way, just much much lower chance of getting one. Personally I don't understand why MA cares so much WHO gets good loots and good items. Any uber items are sold within the player base so they don't lose anything either way.

Now this is all just speculation.. so if anyone knows of an ATH that occured in the dead middle of the night sweden time, feel free to respond.

Last edited:
Raine said:
So, has anyone else noticed that the majority of the uber high hofs occur during the daytime in sweden? We all know they specifically control such loots, but this just goes to show that it's all in real time. Which means they not only pick the mob, location, loot value, and items, but also pick the person. If that's not favoring and discrimination I don't know what is.

Now, obviously globals happen all day long, so they aren't controlled this way. So, wouldn't it be more fair for MA to make the uberloots work the same way, just much much lower chance of getting one. Personally I don't understand why MA cares so much WHO gets good loots and good items. Any uber items are sold within the player base so they don't lose anything either way.

Now this is all just speculation.. so if anyone knows of an ATH that occured in the dead middle of the night sweden time, feel free to respond.

Because there less chance a USA player can sue them with law than a swedish player.

Also , there a lot less player during USA playing time than european playing time.This mean 2 things.
1) more player = more chance a ATH come.
2) more player = best time to show a big loot as "advetise" for noob.

The biggest ATHs didnot occur during MA office hours.
Look at the hunting and mining ATH list .

But that doesnot mean much ..Because Marco has already stated he has a remote access to MindArk servers ...I assume the boss MA-CEO got the same kind of remote access.
So ATH could be given by MindArk staff when they arenot at work during the night or at any time.
Let me just remind you that day when Da looted a modMK2 or some nice riffle like that on the araneatrox big hof ... You had to download a minipatch just before he got the hof.....and my guess it was for updating the item infos with the new riffle ... So any exceptional hof is monitored...at any time.

Francine said:
So any exceptional hof is monitored...at any time.

Then what about the trapped spider ath? :dunno:

BruuD said:
Then what about the trapped spider ath? :dunno:

It was not trapped....because if the server saw the spider was trapped, the spider couldnot be damaged.
And try to understand why MA would give that ATH to naithen on a trapped spider when you dont understand why MA dont do basic things...

If ATHs now mostly comes at daytime in sweden, it sure is discriminating,
escpecially to us in europe, since most of us work at this time. ;)
Francine said:
It was not trapped....because if the server saw the spider was trapped, the spider couldnot be damaged.
And try to understand why MA would give that ATH to naithen on a trapped spider when you dont understand why MA dont do basic things...
When a mob (= the object) get stucked in enviroment the system sometimes
belive object still moving but it's not. All due to "the result of coding"... :rolleyes:

*sigh*

bla bla the message you entered is to short bla bla

I think u all have my kind of paranoia.. Of course u ppl take it to the next level.. Or rather u have skipped the next level, and the level after that, and landed on 3 levels above me. I bet there's a bunch of ppl feeling that they are just there to build up the loots for someone else. I know I have felt it from time to time, but accusing MA of favoring players? :D Favoring players would be bad business for MA. REALLY bad business.

just give up ..all of you.jeez :rolleyes:

Tungur said:
I know I have felt it from time to time, but accusing MA of favoring players? :D Favoring players would be bad business for MA. REALLY bad business.

Man, don't even get me started. Some avatars loot all the goods. Not once, not twice, but several times. Luck? luck is one time, two times. But more then that, i say its favoring.

You guys are all whacked in the head lol
Alright then. Picture this if you will.

Grabbed at 2 A.M. and actually eating a box of Krispy Kremes.
I might need as I approach site area 51
contemplating the whole chosen people thinking we just took
A flaming stealth banana split the sky
like wide open
I never expected to see it in a place like this.
I do believe I spilled a diet soda
Or something wet on my Birkenstocks
And I'm yelping:HOLY SHXX

Loots are MONITORED, but not altered or strategicly placed. I know that for a fact. Nice theory though, but wrong.

this comment is not specific twords ATH's but to business in general.

Any company favors its good clients and will go an extra mile for them, especially its really good customers :wise: ;)

Francine said:

For sure it was lol
Back in that time the trapind things was not yet in game.
Back in that time DA had not hp to kill a spider other way than traping...and he was traping them all day long.
BTW the weapon was a mod dar.
Dont forget the Mr udi hogglo that came like dom hour after.
And all that was during the LG ,first LG in the game :)

If not the 158000ped mining ATH isnt tampered with, ill buy you a poptart.

Whats the chance of a random generator making a clean 158000pedder? Small is my guess. 158241 or so would look more natural. For a "totally random system"

Unless there's a random system with a set maxvalue of 158000. Maybe it coulda been 358000 :p

e-lite said:
Loots are MONITORED, but not altered or strategicly placed. I know that for a fact. Nice theory though, but wrong.
So the 158 000 (note. not 158001. not 158213. not 157999, but 158 000) hof that accidently appeared when there was a film crew at CND .. was just a coincidence?

How exactly is it you know this for a fact unless you like developed the system?

And let me tell you about the 2 ATH that happened in 5 minutes right after the VU of PVP3 in february 2004.

Nostrop and Linzey got their Hogglo superhof right after the servers went on .And few seconds after Linzey hoffed ,the servers went down.
And both ATH contained improved MK3 .

And i feel like Linzey was bragging that he got logged in PVP3 just by magic....but it might be a rumor,i cant say.

I was short of words. Yes correct akoz and gnasher, that is a perfect example of PR stunts. My comment was supposed to be in a general meaning, just in the same way that Raine's comment sounded like all ATH loots where hand placed. But okay, sure, I'll stick to that a few of them are just nice PR-stunts.

This is still business and in business people lie, cheat, manipulate and rip-off. Why you all act so surprised? If anyone still believes that ATH's are random he or she is a unregenerated idealist and dreamer.

But again, the whole loot situation sucks. I don't disable advertisment but loot still sucks. What if I disable adds? Will I lose even more? Do I have to quit hunting and only watch commercials in Twins? But how does this influent my loot situation? I'm not hunting, therefor watch commercials? Means not spending PED but also no chance of loot due to not hunting.

Why do people with 60k ped on their PED card (some people don't black out the amount in a screenshot) get another 30k loot? The rich get richer and the poor need the preacher? If this is randon these people are very lucky. I don't believe in luck. I believe in mathematics though and a remote console that had Avatar names on it, the amount of PED people deposit and a check-box that says ATH [ ] yes - [x] no.

If it belongs to skill, why does a 3 day old noob get a ATH? So skill doesn't matter, it's pure PR.

This is all bollox then? I receive 32 critical hits (I really counted them) in a 6 hours (nonstop hunting including little repair stops) hunt with Ghost and 8A (L) plates on Equus Provider - Alpha, on Atrox at Ithaca and on Atrax on amethera. I used to handle them without 8A plates but used my FAP80 more often - but I did worse with plates due to a heavy load of critical hits. I miss more shots the more skills I get (4.5k Riffle, ~3.2k AIM, IRD, MMS, WH). All depending skills are almost same level. That's the logic behind the system? Or is it just a hoax?

We all complain (more or less) and we all keep playing (more or less).

Cheers
Mike

Didnt MA state that the 158k mining hof WAS part of a marketing thing to test the ingame add thingy? Or did I just make this up...im sure i read it somewhere ?

Just my opinion about hof, or ath
I'm working in a company that offer ppl to win gift. (can't name it ;))
So the system is quite similar than Eu's one.
How we procced ?
We define some 'win timestamp', which could be defined here on each mob/maturity. Then, on each loot action, system will check if their is any win timestamp which haven't been win yet. If yes, then a random number determin if u can win it, or not ( wich can be affected by skills -> that's could be why uber skilled players hit more often than noobs). If u enter this condition, u get the big loot. If not, u get a random loot. Standard loot can also be defined in a quite same way. For a mob/maturity u define an average loot, a minimum and a maximum, and also items/quantity dropped.

So i think MA don't "choose" the guys wich will get ATH or HOF, chances to get are only definied by luck, and affected by skills.

That's only my hymble opinion, i never say that the system is working like this... But it could be a way ;)

Hope it can help

Regards, daeMOn

it seems to me that the people like neverdie and such always seems to HoF... :rolleyes: *wonders why :confused: *

Francine said:
And let me tell you about the 2 ATH that happened in 5 minutes right after the VU of PVP3 in february 2004.

Nostrop and Linzey got their Hogglo superhof right after the servers went on .And few seconds after Linzey hoffed ,the servers went down.
And both ATH contained improved MK3 .

And i feel like Linzey was bragging that he got logged in PVP3 just by magic....but it might be a rumor,i cant say.

Those hofs was a pure bug. The loot factor on the mob was set to high and thus the servers got shut down again, same with the merp bug a few vu's before that. And as for linz being logged into pvp 3 nope he wasnt, i was at the same spot as him just outside pvp 3 but desided to leave the team and go hunt somewhere else.. DUMB DECISSION!!! :p

adriaans said:
it seems to me that the people like neverdie and such always seems to HoF... :rolleyes: *wonders why :confused: *

Ppl like Neverdie, Pham, and so on (That Pham dude seems to be globaling and HOFing every time I am in EU) hunt big mobs, and have the budget to hunt them hard. That's probably one of the reasons they get their HOFs more often then any other.. That's probably the reason why they seem to have a greater chance at getting that uber stuff also..

Tungur said:
Ppl like Neverdie, Pham, and so on (That Pham dude seems to be globaling and HOFing every time I am in EU) hunt big mobs, and have the budget to hunt them hard. That's probably one of the reasons they get their HOFs more often then any other.. That's probably the reason why they seem to have a greater chance at getting that uber stuff also..

Well, personally in years of playing I can't recall seeing NEVERDIE ever get a hof lol :p. But Pham is a classic example. The last couple days we have hunted falxangius at the same time as him, probably killing them 3 times as fast as him, and he got 3 times as many globals. Even back when he was a noob, and myself and other cK would hunt all day long with much better skills and equipment than him, he would still get AT LEAST one 1k+ hof a week, mostly more. Keep in mind this was back when the top ATH was like 6 or 8k so that was pretty crazy.

Personally I think Pham is Marco ;DD but that can be said about many :pP

Now I want something in the client loader..

MA Office: OPEN
ATH Loot: ON

:laugh:

Dash Smashing said:
Now I want something in the client loader..

MA Office: OPEN
ATH Loot: ON

:laugh:

Click here to check how well tuned your computer is to loot the ATH.

MadMikeHoare said:
This is all bollox then? I receive 32 critical hits (I really counted them) in a 6 hours (nonstop hunting including little repair stops) hunt with Ghost and 8A (L) plates on Equus Provider - Alpha, on Atrox at Ithaca and on Atrax on amethera.

Interesting as I received 5 crit hits on the trot from an atox yesterday.

Couldn't believe what was going on then hey preto, 2 mins later ATH popped up in the chat box

Off topic I know but I've never had 5 crits in a row before :rolleyes:

I agree that ATH will happen only on MA's office opening hours. It allow to watch the system to prevent bug or crashes that can make them loose a lot. We did as well in my compagny. No big win on lunch time, or outsite work time. But their is exeptions when we are sure that the system is fully reliable.

Regards ;)

daeMOn

Status
Back