Attempted Account Hack

There is Definately a Hole in the EU Gold card system.

the HOLE is the EU website Everything is Done there. while they Protect the users Avatar and investment. Some bastard figured out the loop hole which shouldn't have existed.

Ma Gave us these cards as a security option. It is Definatly possible to Encrypt Users account within the Website Using the SAME Cards and Readers.

All users who Own a GC should Request that MA Encrypt the Website Using the GC system to prevent Account Stealing.

We are Entitled to 1 Replacement Reader every 6 months.

how would you then suggest one to contact MA if the goldcard breaks ? Its not a crime to think before bashing is it ?

Microsoft Windows Defender

MS is actually getting a lot better at security, this program is designed to help spot keyloggers/trojans based on actions rather than known virus lists. Its free for registered Windows copies and is a must in addition to Virus protection.

If anyone really wants to play with unsafe files get this:

VMWare player

There are plenty of virtual machines you can download, not windows (of course one can, use google) as it is licensed, but learn a real OS! This will keep anything completely isolated.

If anyone really wants to play with unsafe files get this:

VMWare player

There are plenty of virtual machines you can download, not windows (of course one can, use google) as it is licensed, but learn a real OS! This will keep anything completely isolated.
It doesn't get much safer than a sandbox. And you can make endless copies to mess up. :yay: :laugh:

He would be a retard if he did that!
but then you would know where to find him:smash:

If the hacker was trying to get a hold of a replacement GC system to nebu's account? How do you think he would get that Mailed to him???

If the hacker was trying to get a hold of a replacement GC system to nebu's account? How do you think he would get that Mailed to him???

I think I'll say this for about the 4th and the last time. To get a new Gold Card through a support case he would have to send MY real life I.D. or passport copy to MA. No use messing around with the adress there.

Might want to keep an eye on everything else too. You don't know what all that logger took from your machine. It may have sent out more than just your EU info. These are people you wish you meet IRL for about 5 minutes . . .

Hey,

but that is only when making a SFX archive, meaning a execuable (.exe), not a .rar / .zip ... !

And if a person runs a .exe file, you know what to expect. NOW..., to be safe, i would rightclick that damn SFX EXE file and choose unpack to /blabla

Well yeah, i know. But make the sfx exe and the name it back to rar or zip. Still works like a normal rar or zip. Or make it "filename.rar.exe" for the ones that have default windows explorer settings. Just warning that it could be unsafe to even just extract a file even if you don't run it yourself. It's better then saying it is completley safe like was suggested a few pages back in this thread.

Well yeah, i know. But make the sfx exe and the name it back to rar or zip. Still works like a normal rar or zip. Or make it "filename.rar.exe" for the ones that have default windows explorer settings. Just warning that it could be unsafe to even just extract a file even if you don't run it yourself. It's better then saying it is completley safe like was suggested a few pages back in this thread.

Totally agree with you.

any news yet from MA or so?

any news yet from MA or so?

I think I totally confused the poor support guy by telling him the GC is locked but the account isnt. If the account were locked for 30 minutes like he told me, I wouldnt be able to log on to the website and file a support case either.

Uh no, if an account is locked you still can login..

29 Oct 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,
Thank you for your message. This should not be a problem as you are able to login 30 minutes after the message is displayed (Your account has been locked due to too many etc...). Please try again.
Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

Uh no, if an account is locked you still can login..

Apparently this is what he meant, but you still cant log into the website within the 30 minutes.

failed.jpg

congrats dude! :)

good to know all is well now.:yay:

I always right-click to see if rar/7zip can 'extract to...', if I suspect that it's a self-extracting .exe file. The thought of double-clicking a downloaded .exe file makes me nervous!

I changed the password and email on almost everything I could think of after I couldnt get into EU. You are free to ask me a question only the real Nebu can answer tho ;)

LOL

What did you say to me when I asked you about Henri, Nebu, because you reply to me all the time when I pm you, the last time I spoke to you, I didn't get an answer.

Regards

Rayne

omg
still should be worked out fast.
stealing anyones account on entropia is a real cash crime!
can't the cops get involved? :p

omg
still should be worked out fast.
stealing anyones account on entropia is a real cash crime!
can't the cops get involved? :p

REAL CASH?? in what way?? as soon as we deposit into EU it transfers from REAL money to "VIRTUAL" cash economy thus out of the jusrisdiction af any real wordly police. Leaving it purely to the jurisdiction of a profit driven company, that is there to make profits in any way possible and refuses to take responsibility for any losses, for anyone one else other than themselves and the shareholders. Shareholders beware a mentality of this kind you, like your players, may suffer the consequences of this in due time too.

Regards

Rayne

LOL

What did you say to me when I asked you about Henri, Nebu, because you reply to me all the time when I pm you, the last time I spoke to you, I didn't get an answer.

Regards

Rayne

If that was yesterday, you had the bug saying you are offline so I couldn't PM you.

If that was yesterday, you had the bug saying you are offline so I couldn't PM you.
kk so I Know I am talking to the right Nebu pm the answer to the qusetion please.

Also expect people to be a little wary after the incidents, they are just making sure it's Nebu and not some german hacker who fantasises about being Nebu :D

regards

Rayne

Back