Auction freeze during servers downtime

Freeze the auctions for the time while servers are down

• Total voters

pesok

Old Alpha
Society
CCCP
John Foma Kalun
I know this has been discussed before but after tonight's fiasco(which is still going at the time of writing) i feel we need to revisit this topic. I as i am sure many have lost good peds because the auctions kept going while noone was able to login. Why not make an auction freeze so that when servers go down the auction tickers would stop and restart once the servers are up? What do you think?

Reactions: Wed
I think this should be implimented,

theres no point in having auctions going that noone bid on

That would still move them to times inconvenient to people who were otherwise planning on bidding. I think a better solution would be to add 24 hrs to every auction that was going to end during the downtime.

As customers, we should not have to pay for MA's mistakes.

I think this should be implimented,

theres no point in having auctions going that noone bid on

Of course theres a point.. free ped for MA... greedy bastards :D

Of course theres a point.. free ped for MA... greedy bastards :D

How is that free peds for MA? Auction fee is calculated on the final sale value, so if noone bids-MA get smaller fee+noone puts up anything up for auction during downtime-even less fees for MA to collect

I agree, I hope the auction is frozen, especially the item I had just clicked accept on purchase when it froze! I will be mega pissed if I lost that auction! :mad:

I thought that's already implemented... :scratch2:

Isn't this already the case?

edit: beat by a minute

Isn't this already the case?

edit: beat by a minute

i was out of the game since November of 09 and back then it sure wasn't. Is it now? Can anyone confirm?

also people that voted no, can you please explain why not? At this time 3 no voters(against 13 yes) are : Brumle, kosmos, Nitrosomonas

ty Kalanen, interesting wording though, they cannot guarantee that the auction will not expire during downtime? Also this was a scheduled downtime for implementation, are you sure it works the same for every downtime even the unscheduled one like today?

4 votes for no, yet not a single explanation, i feel i should have made a third pole option for people that just cannot go with any popular vote, will try to adjust now

Update: cannot add another vote option once the poll has started(makes sense)

the wording of that to me sounds like it was refering to that particualr update period

A reason to vote no could be that many players plan their auctions to end on say saterday or sunda night. That would be screwed if all auctions get +xx hours running time and would as well result in (justified) complaints

ty Kalanen, interesting wording though, they cannot guarantee that the auction will not expire during downtime? Also this was a scheduled downtime for implementation, are you sure it works the same for every downtime even the unscheduled one like today?

Interesting indeed. Tho, the booting sequence of the whole system is prolly longer process than switching on the coffee maker. Auc, loot, this, that servers must be started in particular order before leting peeps in. Just for example.

the wording of that to me sounds like it was refering to that particualr update period

That will be easy to verify due last 12 hour downtime. :)

A reason to vote no could be that many players plan their auctions to end on say saterday or sunda night. That would be screwed if all auctions get +xx hours running time and would as well result in (justified) complaints

wouldn't you think those people would prefer for their auctions to end on different night than to end when noone is online? It would be perfect that only those auctions that would end during downtime would become frozen though, or like it was suggested they would simply get +24hours

well the servers are up(finally) and no - the auctions did not freeze during the downtime, they expired during:(

Lost ped

I had several items up for auction during the down time. I was able to log in briefly before the gold card fiasco to find that my auctions had expired. I should have made 200 to 400 ped from the auctions then I did. I see no reason why mindarc cant be bothered to let people know when an vu is coming, so that we can plan accordingly or least freeze the auction for part of the time. If peeps grumble about the auction being frozen because they can't buy or rip off innocents caught by the downtime, so what?

If the auction is still running even when the game is off-line, they could make it so that you have access to it through the entropiaunivers web page and still get to place those bids.

/Wille

No doubt that this should be implemented, and no doubt that MA doesnt care... Returned items will be auctioned again anyway, so ppl will pay the fee once again...

There's only 1 thing that could force MA to seriously consider this idea - if such problems as yesterday and today would occur 10 hours before cnd aution ends and the deed estate deed would return to Neverdie... I bet he'd knew whose butt needs to be kicked if that happened ;)

Back