Auction House Money Increments

Would you like to be able to bid in smaller increments?

• Total voters

Eva Lynn

Provider
Society
The Knights of Calypso
Eva Lynn Jade
Wouldn't it be nice if we could bid in the AH like a REAL auction. I can understand (I guess) not being able to place a higher bid of a pec. It sure would be nice if I could over bid by a nickel, dime, halfped or even a quarter though! It kind of screws the seller as well. If I am selling an item worth say 13.50 (with MU and everything all figured in) I can't possibly put it up for 14.00. Unless I get super lucky no one is going to buy it. Putting it in at 13.00 someone is getting a deal. It cuts down on MA's profit too. That is an extra fifty pecs they could be profiting from. It doesn't sound like much but after awhile those pecs can add up. The only option I suppose I as a seller have is to only place items that are worth an even amount on the AH.

Last edited:
you somewhat right but i could see a problem with AH being filled with noob stuff that wont sell ... where now its not placed in there cuz they know it wont sell with the 1 ped raise on each bid

for some ppl it would be good but i can also see a problem for noobs hoping to sell but end up loosing there money

I think that you do need to allow bids that have figures behind the comma, but also keep the minimum increase of one ped. Exception on this rule would be the first bid, which can be anything on or above the set SB and of course the BO can always be met.

I believe it should depend on the current bid as to what the next highest amount should be. Probably should be a minimum of 1% and at least 10 pecs.

Should stay as it is. +1 ped increment means that buyers have to be serious. Also, if it was lower then +1 increment, it'd sell shop owners. Actually, it already does screw shop owners in several ways. First there's the fact that shops have to sell at a minimum of +1 when auction can go below that, even to +0 or below TT values... Don't get me started on all the other advantages ah has vs shops, lol.

No thank you i would rather keep the TT+1 increment and keep the auction clean, serious and dependable when it comes to prices.

FYI: most serious auctions will not allow you to bid in the sub zero level like 40 cents.

FYI: most serious auctions will not allow you to bid in the sub zero level like 40 cents.
True! :wise:

I see no point in increments lower than 1, and sometimes even those are low!

I would say make it possible to put item into auction with precission up to 1 pec.. But keep the bids 1 ped minimum..

I can imagine that you want something and few people start to fight each other with 1 pec bid > 5 mins increase of time > so who got more free time wins !

I wouldn't brute-force it to be 1 PEC at all times for all items.

Why not have the option to define what you, the seller, want? The default obviously is 1 PED. If you think that 1 PEC is better, set it up that way. If you think it's all stupid and 1k PED increase is great, so shall it be.

The only problem, and actually rather big problem, is that you, the buyer, can't rely on the rounded 1 PED value any longer. You'd have to read more about the auction, otherwise you end up paying massive amount of PEDs for a lousy bunch of e.g. Animal Hide.

And since we always have people playing in conditions they shouldn't play in, the chances are low to ever see it...

:beerchug::drink::shots:

While I do say that the pec level increment is bad... I do think it'd be cool to have an "auto increment" thing for when you really want something, but have to do something irl, like I don't know, go to work, or sleep someday.

I suppose being a noob and still buying stuff for cheap is what made me think of this. However I can see how once you start spending more than 3-10 ped on the AH (LOL big purchase for me atm) it would be ridiculous. Thanks for all the good replies! I always love to learn new things.

Since auction holdtime is 5 min - auctions can take forever to finish when incrementing in pec. This would be very annoying.

Well one pec increments would be fine, if ah worked the way ebay works.
But it doesn´t work like that, therefor I am against one pec increments!

What I would like to see is that you could set the startped and the buyout to exact pec, that would improve some things.

But befor MA implements that I would like much more that shopowners can set prices below the +1 ped to be able to sell low end gear and small stacks at reasonable prices.

Beside that it would be very very useful if you could sell to a order by just clicking a button "sell to order" and the complete stack you offer to sell, sells for exactly that price/markup the buyer is willing to buy for.

Next thing that I would like to see much more, is that customers of shops got the abillity to buy parts of stacks at the exactly set markup. So it would be possible for shopowner to offer really big stacks, but the buyer doesn´t need to buy the full stack, just that much he needs!

A lot options that would really improve trading!

f I am selling an item worth say 13.50 (with MU and everything all figured in) I can't possibly put it up for 14.00
If that's the only markup then you'd be better of tting it - that way you get the PED straight away. ANything with less than a PED markup is not worth putting on the auction (unless it's a stackable in which case sell twice as much in one go!)

Back