Automatic bidding on auction?

Bird

Prowler
Leila Bird Moony
Unfortunately, noone can be online all the time (or luckily :D).

That's why for example ebay has the function to automatically bid for you until a maximum price you set beforehand.

I would really like to have something like that for the EU auction.

What about you all?

dude... click Orders and then place

sheesh :rolleyes:

there's an order system for certain item types (ores and enmatters) which costs 1 ped per day to list up. This will then buy items at your specified prices automatically.

A search facility would help as well.

Serenity Xaen said:

Don't you just love it when people reply before actualy reading the post :D

Orders and what he is talking about has absolutely nothing to do with eachother.

What he is talking about is like this:

Item A with a TT value of 100ped is in auction, startbid 100ped -
Person A is interested in this item, but will only bid up to TT+500, so he sets autobid for this amount.

Then when someone else bids, he will overbid, untill it gets to TT+500 or more.

If someone else sets his autobid to TT+600, then it will automaticly bid TT+501, since the personA only wanted to pay up to TT+500.

Not sure if I like the idea of this thou, since resellers would have a feast with something like this - They can make a small start bid, and make a funny bidder that bids up to the amount the reseller wants this item to go for.

who the flippin fuck cares.

dont you just love people that are never satisfied with what they are given? :rolleyes:

If some salesman sell me some car without wheels, I will surely be not happy.

Entropia is great, but not perfect, people are free to expose their ideas in order to help MindArk to improve it.

Serenity Xaen said:

mature and responsable :D nice lol

maybe just maybe the dude asked the question to try to get a answer, not to get flammed :p

Serenity Xaen said:

Actually placing orders and setting a maximum bid are both functions which do not have a lot in common. I don't really understand why orders are mentioned here.

First of all, an order costs 1 PED per day. If I am looking for 6 items, for example buying a new armor and bidding on several parts. I pay costs of 6 PEDs per day. And if within for example 20 days no part of my wanted armor will get into auction, I have paid 120 PEDs for nothing. You cannot really advise to use orders for a normal bidding under these circumstances. Secondly, placing orders does only work without a buyout attached. So even if an item is in auction lower than the price I ordered, I wont get it automatically, because it has no buyout. And third, an order sets automatically the highest price, which everybody can see by simply clicking on order. But the sense behind automatic bidding is as well that noone knows how far you would go with your bid.

So to me it is in no way equal to automatic bidding.

well obviously MA isnt going to do anything about it anytime soon.. if ever. hire a friend to do it for you. simplified.

Serenity Xaen said:

dont you just love people that are never satisfied with what they are given? :rolleyes:

I am not used to such replies, if you have a bad day, please go somewhere else. But please don't flame me or this thread for nothing.

I am serious about this topic and I am sure that other people would find it useful as well.

Last edited:
BorgCymru said:
A search facility would help as well.

Yes! Please give!!

I hate going trough X pages to find the one armorpart or the one pistol/rifle i want to check price/sell/buy.

Bird said:
And btw: I am no dude or he. ;)

too many dudes, role playing as chics :shudder: lol

A bad thing with such idea is that prices would always end up being the same. You would never be able to find any bargains because the other bidder(s) are always "on-line". The idea is great but it would ruin all the fun!

Yea, I hate when someone overbid me with 1 PED when I'm out hunting, but the opposite happen quite often too :) Get my point?

baconburgare said:
A bad thing with such idea is that prices would always end up being the same. You would never be able to find any bargains because the other bidder(s) are always "on-line". The idea is great but it would ruin all the fun!

Yea, I hate when someone overbid me with 1 PED when I'm out hunting, but the opposite happen quite often too :) Get my point?

Yes, I do. But at least on Ebay it works. Because indeed, also the other player could be offline, not use this function or simply had already bid his or her highest bid.

And for the seller it would mean that he'd keep a profit probably lost otherwise.

Bird said:
Yes, I do. But at least on Ebay it works. Because indeed, also the other player could be offline, not use this function or simply had already bid his or her highest bid.

And for the seller it would mean that he'd keep a profit probably lost otherwise.

Point taken :) It could in fact allow us spend more time out hunting/mining which would gain everyone, including MA. But somehow I don't think they like the idea because it encourage trading as an occupation. But at the same time it might make it more difficult for resellers. Or easier? There's many aspects on this idea, good and bad that could lead in a lot of directions. Now I don't know where I stand any longer, LOL

Tell you all a story...

Sometimes I get very annoyed with resellers, but what helps me sleep is that they have had to sit there clicking refresh for hours and hours, basically having a shit time while I enjoy my hunting.

I PAY to have fun, they "EARN" <-scum money to NOT HAVE FUN. I don't like this but I can live with it.

If they had a way to do their dirty tides automatically I would not be happy :wise:

acaffrey said:
Tell you all a story...

Sometimes I get very annoyed with resellers, but what helps me sleep is that they have had to sit there clicking refresh for hours and hours, basically having a shit time while I enjoy my hunting.

I PAY to have fun, they "EARN" <-scum money to NOT HAVE FUN. I don't like this but I can live with it.

If they had a way to do their dirty tides automatically I would not be happy :wise:

+rep, need I say anymore.

acaffrey said:
Tell you all a story...

Point taken for this as well. But I think the resellers make their biggest profit on the fact that other people can't watch the auction all the time. They are always there to pick up the bargains that we miss. And then they resell it for full price, or more.

Of course they do a lot more tricky things like manipulating prices n stuff. Maybe this would make that easier? Or more difficult? I'm not sure.

AkiranBlade said:
there's an order system for certain item types (ores and enmatters) which costs 1 ped per day to list up. This will then buy items at your specified prices automatically.

Orders only works for stackable items.

You can't place an order on, for instance, a korss handgun.

aia said:
Orders only works for stackable items.

You can't place an order on, for instance, a korss handgun.

i did say specifically enmatters and ores! lol

Serenity Xaen said:

Umature reply , and can not live to get rep- for it...
So he just find a post from your and rep- back ...

As for thread , its old wish , with all the sorting by colum , graph integrated in auction , selling by pack like full armor ...
EVE auction system is a very good exemple of what we should have in game like PE...

Since PE is a game focused so much on money (Being RL economy) I think it's only fair to say that we should have one of the best auction systems made in any online game.

Serenity Xaen said:

Well I for one flippin fuck care - And to be honest, that was one of the dumbest responses I have seen, even from you. -rep

Euroman said:
Item A with a TT value of 100ped is in auction, startbid 100ped -
Person A is interested in this item, but will only bid up to TT+500, so he sets autobid for this amount.

Then when someone else bids, he will overbid, untill it gets to TT+500 or more.

If someone else sets his autobid to TT+600, then it will automaticly bid TT+501, since the personA only wanted to pay up to TT+500.

Not sure if I like the idea of this thou, since resellers would have a feast with something like this - They can make a small start bid, and make a funny bidder that bids up to the amount the reseller wants this item to go for.

I believe this is called an Escalation Clause in Real Estate. But what do i know? :rolleyes:

Euroman said:
Since PE is a game focused so much on money (Being RL economy) I think it's only fair to say that we should have one of the best auction systems made in any online game.

I like this argument a lot!

Checking the auction and bidding could be much faster and easier. :)

Bird said:
I like this argument a lot!

Checking the auction and bidding could be much faster and easier. :)

By the holy dung sake of the behemot , for sure not !

Good auction system , good buying methode, and good selling methode , accurate traking , ingame graphic , bid historic .....Its the worst things that can apear in game for MA ...
Such a nice system would lead us in competition , less power to resseller , buyer can get easy info , and be less fooled , cheating and chill bidding would be trackable ...

Do you really think MA whant we have a fair selling system with info ?

NOOOOO , more obscur , more cheated , more inflation ....

And dont forget to deposit before you logg in ;)

Bird said:

That's why for example ebay has the function to automatically bid for you until a maximum price you set beforehand.

What about you all?

i would not like to have this with the market being as it is now...it will be 100% used for market manipulation..trust me..in a perfect world it would be very nice to have such a feature.

Bird said:

What about you all?

nooo wayyy if that would happen it's end of the auction.
all sales pricing depends from the auction......... the market will only be manipulated as the one before me said it.

reseller do that now to btw but less ....... than with that option.

if some one want's a item badly for the low price he/she seen it for he/she should take the efford to log in during time that that auction end's.

Etopia said:
By the holy dung sake of the behemot , for sure not !

Good auction system , good buying methode, and good selling methode , accurate traking , ingame graphic , bid historic .....Its the worst things that can apear in game for MA ...
Such a nice system would lead us in competition , less power to resseller , buyer can get easy info , and be less fooled , cheating and chill bidding would be trackable ...

Do you really think MA whant we have a fair selling system with info ?

NOOOOO , more obscur , more cheated , more inflation ....

And dont forget to deposit before you logg in ;)

so much negativity etopia why ? :D :confused: :D and why do you play ?

Back