Battle Royale .... In Entropia.

Status
Come to think of it, there's going to be some very limiting factors to the execution of this event should it be carried out as a "normal" PvP event in Zychion.

1) The location and time are very limited. It would be so much cooler and challenging (see point 3) if this was done in T.I., for example, or Ithaca's island. I do realize that getting a PvP zone in those might be a problem, but just take a look at the WoF, only a player-made event which was so succesful that even MA jumped in and gave a little hand. And even if none of those is possible, there's so many places in amethera that could be used, like Amethera's snowy island.
Also, should you decide to make in one of those places instead, 3 hours duration would be too little. Of course, anything more than that gets a lot in the way of RL, and people's schedules. But how about extending that time to a full week or so. Participants in the game would have to be really commited to it, so whoever left the event area, would be disqualified, and those who are not logged in at the deadline would be considered dead already. Of course, monitoring if somebody left the area would be another whole world of trouble. But not impossible, I think.

2) There is no other way of winning except for killing each other. Would make things more interesting if you added a secondary way of winning, which could be collecting a set number of certain items you previously dropped around the event's area or simply naturally collectable items, like dung (i.e. Building a bomb) in order to persuade participants into teaming up and trying to survive without resorting to PK. People would still be affraid that their partners just come and shoot them in the face at any time, so it would be really cool and in the spirit of Battle Royale.

3) The radar. Should this be done in a small are like Zychion's event area, this would really turn it just into a PK fest just like any other events. If the snowy island was used instead that wouldn't be so much of a problem. Also if it is carried out in Zychion anyway, all participants should ask MA's support to disable their radar somehow for the time of the event.

Yes I know, lots of wishful thinking and even if it was done would require a lot of work, but I think this would really make this event more than just a last man standing PK event.

The original thread were we threw aaround some ideas is located here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/121628-battle-roayle-entropia.html
I think that all took place before you saw this 2nd thread.

Zychion is the largest Event Zone I could get my hands on that has no mobs. Ithica isn't an event zone at all and I don't think TI can be hired either, but even if it could, students having to waste what little ammo they do have on mobs will make the weapon randomisation redundant.

The 3 hours gametime was brought down to 1 hour earlier in the thread. This is to make it more possible to become a factor given how small Zychion is. I still don't expect it to last the full hour, but there's no way to be sure.

This idea of going on for a week I don't follow or support I'm afraid. Some people could feel trapped in there, wondering around looking for other students when no-one is logged on...and I can't see how people could be prevented from leaving the area - there isn't really anyway to track that.

About the Radar - one of the reasons I chose Zychion is that a chunk of it is multi-height. It makes the radar a bit useless when you have no idea how high up or low down that green dot thats right next to you is. One of the reasons I'm waiting for CE2 is because I know that the events system is getting a bit of a re-haul, and I'm hoping options such as "Disable Radar" will become available.

The idea about having an alternative with way of winning is a good one, and one I'll give some thought too, as I've already had no less than 3 people sign up yet said they'll refuse to kill anyone else during the game.
And it does keep up with the film, after all, had Mimura's plan worked then they would have escaped the island without having to kill each other.
I may be able to incorporate one of our surprise students into this, but I'm thinking that should another way become available then none of you will find out what it is until the day itself, while ur in the room, just before you get called out one by one.

Remember, a MINIMUM of 21 people will die before killing anyone else, and that figure is much likely to be higher.

Sign me up! as we talked about elsewhere

Sign me in too!

OK, probably my last "weekend bump" as we have only 7 spaces left, and I know of 7 people who are looking into the possibility of signing up. (Chaos, Vicky, BlackJack, June, Mo, Sao and RockChick.)
So if you want in jump in now before any of these seven.

After the roster is full I will still take on a couple of extra people as "Reserves" in the event that some of the "signed" 40 can't make it that day or vanish before then.

Once the Roster is complete though then I will contact each and every one of you individually as I need to hear from everyone involved - this has a secondary reason as being a role-call, but the primary reason is as follows:

I'm intending to write a little Novella about the events of our Entropian Battle Royale, complete with score-sheet a-la the Manga version. For this to be as accurate as possible I need to speak to all of you in advance of the day to learn what ur plan is for the game, who you are planning to team up with (if anyone) - who you trust, who you dont etc etc, more will be explained in the PM. All this information is totally confidential to me and is purely for adding character when I do the write up of it.

I wanna try and write the first few "Chapters" before the event begins, to document peoples thoughts before the day itself, and see if that changes as a result of what I have planned to take place when it kicks off.

I should also say that given the fact that it was announced that CE2 has been delayed AGAIN, that it is very unlikely that we will wait for it anymore...

Last edited:
OK, Cat, I'm in! ;)

--BlackJack

PS Gratz for getting me to post to this board :D

As was stated. We are no longer waiting for CE2, given it's recent delay.

The game day has now been set as the 22nd of February. If you will be unable to attend that day - let me know now, so that you can be replaced.

Can you put my name in please?
Still not sure on the rules, but it sounds like fun :wtg:

Add me
Stuart GAMBLE Gamble

:p

looks like it could be fun

The Xzion is in. for anything and everything, but i refuse to kill anyone. thats not something i do.

I'd like to play if there's still room? :)

Is it worth asking 711 for a private forum, then we can get to know eachother. We can find out if we want to love or hate people.... We can form alliances, PM eachother and generally get to know who is playing :D

I'd like to play if there's still room? :)

And there is....

This leaves us with just TWO spaces left.....

I remind - 22nd of February is game day, though after we get our last 2 students I still have a lot of things I need to do between now and then....the web-cam draw of the TT weapons and the suits of armour, the "role-call" - chatting with Oleg, Jamira and most of all the 2 transfer students about how exactly we're going to do this. (I'll admit that behind the scene's of the in-game storyline I'm developing to prevent a 10 min bloodbath we actually hit a major snag, but I think we may be able to work round it.)

Thanks to Xzion - another student that has joined while refusing to kill anyone else. Such students are the salt of what the Battle Royale was all about to begin with....

And thanks Sass...although I feel a little bit weird placing Xzion in the over-staffed boys-camp I'm glad another female avatar popped in to help even things up a little bit. :)

So....just TWO more students now.....

Is it worth asking 711 for a private forum, then we can get to know eachother. We can find out if we want to love or hate people.... We can form alliances, PM eachother and generally get to know who is playing :D

Surprising that you ask that given that other than Q-Entities the TDO has the strongest "pre-set" alliance in the Battle Royale. :) But....RockChick puts in the nomination, if someone outside of TDO backs it then yes, I'm perfectly willing to contact 711 about setting up such a private board.

Surprising that you ask that given that other than Q-Entities the TDO has the strongest "pre-set" alliance in the Battle Royale. :) But....RockChick puts in the nomination, if someone outside of TDO backs it then yes, I'm perfectly willing to contact 711 about setting up such a private board.

Do I count? I think it's a great idea :)

Do I count? I think it's a great idea :)

You know what, while I was thinking about it this morning I realised that setting up this board and inviting each participant could be much easier than individually messaging each person for role-call purposes, and to ensure subscribers have been keeping up with the thread to know about things that have changed in the meantime, such as the fact we're no longer waiting for CE2, so it gets my backing also. ;)

I'll contact Neo and get it set up over the next few days.

i think we just created a new fannclub for a really old movie ;D :laugh:

LOL :D But the Movie was good!!! :ahh:

it was good and i got to admit i didnt see it until like a month ago. :silly2::D

^__^

I think a Social Group set to private, (and/or perhaps invite only) would work well for this purpose.

Private forums are primarily restricted to societies.

Sounds like a fun event, good luck with it!

..create a new "Battle Royale" society in-game :)

Good luck with the project, made me watch BR 1 and It was really nice
BR 2 on the other hand... duh, didn't even finish it.

So, I was looking into the social group thing and I don't think it's gonna pull the weight we're looking for, as it's all on a single thread, which doesn't really make it any different from what we're using here.

Sooo, I shall go back to the original thing of individually messaging each person once we've hit our quota of 42 people. This is gonna be a real pain for me, but I endure. :)
The "Getting to know" each of the other students I'll leave up to you to research. A good number of our students are very well known anyway, so that helps.

Something I forgot to mention. When the Robot war was over and the event organiser re-appeared I went back to book the event, but it doesn't allow you to book further forward than a month, so we'll need to wait a couple of weeks before I start dishing tickets out. Details of how to get them will be included in the individual PM's that each of you get.

So, I again state: 2 places left....who's gonna take them? :)

So, I was looking into the social group thing and I don't think it's gonna pull the weight we're looking for, as it's all on a single thread, which doesn't really make it any different from what we're using here.

Sooo, I shall go back to the original thing of individually messaging each person once we've hit our quota of 42 people. This is gonna be a real pain for me, but I endure. :)
The "Getting to know" each of the other students I'll leave up to you to research. A good number of our students are very well known anyway, so that helps.

Something I forgot to mention. When the Robot war was over and the event organiser re-appeared I went back to book the event, but it doesn't allow you to book further forward than a month, so we'll need to wait a couple of weeks before I start dishing tickets out. Details of how to get them will be included in the individual PM's that each of you get.

So, I again state: 2 places left....who's gonna take them? :)

All sounds good... :)

As for 2 places left? Think you might want to get 15-20 more due to possible no shows or missing.... Unless you just want to have them as the guys that jumped off the cliffs? :D Also, would not hurt to have more guys, they can just be the gaurds or something, and spectate.....

Also, do not know how familiar you are with the event system... but in order to have this type of event work, I think you might want to have it set to "vote for winner" or whatever the option is... and when the last man(s) is standing all vote him as winner... This would need to be well before end time though as I think you can not vote after the event time ends..... (EDIT: reason I say this is the event system will automatically make the one who kills the most guys the winner...)

Just some ideas..... :)

The prize will be given manually....after all...I can't put Ido's haircut or 15K EFD in that prize window...just the Slacks...and those won't be handed over until after the event as we'll need to veryify people stuck to the weapons that they were allocated.
I'll probably just put in something symbolic as the prize, an ME or something.

And yes, I mentioned earlier in the thread I'll still recruit once we've hit our quota in order to cover no-shows, though the lesser known (on EF) such as Xena and the GE couple are actually friends of mine, so I know they will be showing up. But aye, one's that don't will be classed as suicides. :)

The prize will be given manually....after all...I can't put Ido's haircut or 15K EFD in that prize window...just the Slacks...and those won't be handed over until after the event as we'll need to veryify people stuck to the weapons that they were allocated.
I'll probably just put in something symbolic as the prize, an ME or something.

And yes, I mentioned earlier in the thread I'll still recruit once we've hit our quota in order to cover no-shows, though the lesser known (on EF) such as Xena and the GE couple are actually friends of mine, so I know they will be showing up. But aye, one's that don't will be classed as suicides. :)

cool, cool :)

Well the one that the event system selects as winner gets nice HOF effects and all... and it would be nice if the true winner got them ;) But whatever works.... Was just a suggestion :)

I think a Social Group set to private, (and/or perhaps invite only) would work well for this purpose.

Sounds like a fun event, good luck with it!

WoF has private forums, so why not this?

Personally I think a social group would be pretty useless for this (as they are for most things until more functionality is added).

i wanna join

Hi I would like to join too

Been avoiding bumping this as I'm NOT looking forward to individually messeging everyone once we get the last sign-up, but I'm gonna have to do it sooner or later so I might as well get our last contestant here so I can get it out the way sooner. In that message I'll be insisting people keep an eye on the thread for news so I don't have to message everyone again. :)

Once we have the last contestant, then it's the numbers that will be reffered to for things rather than the people, in case someone has to be replaced.

For example, say I record the draw and the first thing that comes out is "Shogun armour", and then "Boys #18: Jamhot Jamhot DaddyO" - but then Jamhot discovers he can't make it on the 22nd and we have to replace him. We'd get a male avatar, and they then take the place of "Boys #18" and as such it is they who would get the Shogun armour.

It's just so I don't end up having to do the draw or whatever again if anyone swaps about between now and game day.

So...

One more contestant!

Then we can get a move on with the other things.
And, as I said before, we'll still be accepting names as reserves in the meantime.

Status
Back