Betrayed by MA?

And yet you still play.

Yeah... I don't get it either. If I had a PED for each time... :laugh: No offense, and I understand the disappointment some of you out there are feeling... take a break. Sell out. Find something else to do. I enjoy it so far and I will most likely continue to enjoy it. Perhaps the way I play has a lot to do with it. I do not expect a huge payout so I am not looking for one. MA owes me nothing. Stormer has 6 ATH's... great for him. I don't hate for that. He was in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. I was not. I do not think Stormer took my money. I used my money ingame - that's all. A-Bomb got hers on CP... why? Maybe because she was grinding up there for a few months :laugh: Did A-Bomb's ATH cover her expenses to get to that point? We may never know... but I would bet it did not.

Point is this... once you find a "game" annoying, you should stop playing. Unless of course you like to be miserable and annoyed. I am not trying to be an a**hole... just trying to interject some realism here. It's just a game.

It's just a game.

It becomes more than a game as soon as people start putting considerable amounts of money into it, that is in comparison to what you may pay for another 'game'.

~Tracer

My thinking: Better armor, better skills, better weapons, kill bigger badder mobs = better loots.

Wrong...

Why I asked then? Why not stick with the lower damage mobs and you could still do well?

Open your eyes, what mobs dropped the latest UBER items, new discoverys?
All this real nice UBER weapons with SIB and uL dropped from tough hard mobs, you need gear and skill to handle it.
It was not daiki young or exa that dropped, this damn nice weapons!

Surely you can hit a 10k daiki young or exa, mainly oil in it. You may be lucky and someone selling one of this UBER weapons at 10k PED, but if not. What is your PED worth then? OK its 1000$ you can withdraw, but that won´t improve your avatar.
My main goal ingame is to improve my avatar and gear, and not to make some bucks that I can withdraw sometimes!

Its just how you look at EU and how you use this plattform! Different people think different and have different goals. For some of you out there this game may be anoying or just to expencive, for others its exactly that challange they are looking for!

I have to agree with Rayne Jade, if you feel anoyed or betrayed, cash out and take your money to play something else. Its better for your health in the long run!

Unravelling process, bringing some of the pieces together for people

Not wanting to offend anyone,

Though these days I mainly just read EF without posting so much,
Been there done that. :D

It seems people just like to speculate too much or comment based on emotional states, personal inadequacies and/or in a nut shell not getting what they want to make them happy.

This is a trend that I have found before arriving here on EF and after my little slog at trying bring awareness to various things.

Tunnel vision and lack of exterior knowledge seem to cause this and thus people slowly fall into the realm of ...

everybodypanic.gif

Yes loot returns are mediocre at this time while people work out what works best for them.

Catching on to some of MA's comments from the past which they rarely do make (especially not publicly), Example : MA support thread where they mentioned activity in all fields (ie. Hunting, Crafting and Excavation) may be a hint to pass on to those whom are wondering how can I improve returns.

Ref thread : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-economy-discussion/97177-loot-distribution-did-not-change-according-mindark.html
(Warning, thread goes a little off-track at the half way mark)

Another hint to look into is comments made by the balancing manager about the dynamics of EU and hunting of which I helped for a new chap write back into plain english. Remember that there are thousands of rule sets that are finely turned by MA to make EU emulate the real universe as closely as possible as one would assume such a system is also in place for the other fields of activity too (crafting & excavation).

Ref thread : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/n00bs-corner/108207-over-hunting.html

Anyhow, we then come to the EU used to be uber, I don't want oils, I want cash in the loot window, etc arguements.

Well if one looks at the above statements in the listed threads that MA has made and uses a little common sense (with having an understanding of both the crafting system and the requirements involved in skilling up base core skills used in each profession and requirements of most recipes along with a little understanding of economic revolution with flow and usage of resources which yes does include those resources that you excavate from the ground), one would realise that over time as the universe evolves and the participants within it start to skill up their professions in the area of crafting & excavation;

One then needs an avenue to start using these skills to produce items of economic value of which a return can be obtained from (Otherwise why the bloody hell would anyone skill up these skills in the first place :laugh:).

Thus MA has slowly reduced the requirement to have so many dropped items from dropping in the loot pool to be slowly replaced by crafted items made by participants whom have skilled up and actively involve themselves in the areas of mining, crafting and of course hunting. Hunting in particular which is where the *many hundreds of thousands of each of the oils* are required to skill up the simple based component I, II, III, IV sibs recipes, amongst other oil based recipes which are used in most of the items produced today which are being crafted to produce items such as the P5a (only one example of many hundreds).

Also Wool & Hide drops, well simply put, we ned to be able to make clothes to cloth each participant. It is not a simple case of select any recipe you want and then craft it. There is much skilling to be done, requiring an emmense number of these wools and hides to level the textile based professions. Not to mention the requirements of the Material Texture profession to make our clothes look even more funky ;)

So all this rubbish and complaining about oils dropping as they do, items no longer dropping as they used to, (L) stuff dropping ... which again is a form of keeping economic flow and stability continuing (Much like the consumable markets of the real world ... take printer cartridges as a RL example, I made reference to this in 'loot distribution' linked threads too from memory.)

Moving along we hit the gambling arguement which people go on and on and on and did I say ON ! about, like some pethetic soap opera. Simple fact is at the end of the day without going to much into it ... (read my posting history if you need to gain more insight) ...

You get out of EU what you put into it minus the MA service fee and if your lucky, a bonus (like finding a treasure chest) from other avenues of input of funds into the system wether it be from the Massive Corp advertising and whatever other mechanics that may be in place to help with additional funding to the loot pool.

Now I have slowly seen others whom I have over time come to respect starting to get pulled down into a draining & drowning exercise of explaining this to people and at the end of the day, after a break away from EU & EF (Just came back from 1 month holiday) I have come to realise the following;

A piece of advise to one of these people I have come to respect for their contribution to EF and the community at large sums it up pretty well ...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/members/immortal.html#vmessage4412
(please respect this is on Immortal's personal profile, so I ask you not to leave comments there in reference to it)

Lastly we come to the will MA close it's doors, will the shareholders close the door, yadda yadda yadda.

People seem to read and write on EF more than they keep up with the real world happennings of CK, CRD/Dotman, MindArk SE reports :

ftp://ftp.mindark.se/reports/

along with a general understanding of how business models involving a publicly listed portion of their business work (or how the stock market works)

The sky is not falling in as far as the real world is concerned, everything is actually looking extremely positive for MA and partners alike.

So again all in all, most of this thread understandably is misplaced and misdirected frustrations that each participant is experiencing in whatever area being funnelled into a dooms day senario of concerns.

Witte has outlined a lot of good points in this thread and people should start to wake up and smell the coffee of what changes are affecting them, do a little research and move forward .... or simply drop out and leave what they are doing if they think it is all going to implode. :silly2:

Enough said, sorry for such a long post, but I hate seeing people fall once again into this silly spiral of hysteria which is an ongoing historically repeatitive event every time there is a change which upsets each participants new found balance.

I think people are still struggling with the definition of dynamic and what evolution comes from being dynamic. The second linked thread should help those whom are still struggling, with a clearer picture with reference to Entropia Universe.

Good Luck on finding your new comfort zones after the recent changes,
May you all find some prosperity before the next change is due to occur,
Fire Sparkz Lavawalker.

PS. Mind spelling etc.

Last edited:
And yet you still play.

Ya me too.... but I don't depo anymore.... so they aren't getting any money off me. The slightest hint I might lost my 'investment' and i cash out.

Um, yes they are.

Ya me too.... but I don't depo anymore.... so they aren't getting any money off me. The slightest hint I might lost my 'investment' and i cash out.

You not depositing is not the same as MA not getting any money off of you. MA gets there cut from decay, so unless you stop participating, they still earn their cut. Granted you might not feel it anymore, as it is not coming out of your bank account, but they get it nonetheless.

:beerchug:

Miles

RW, I agree with you 100%. Yes, many many ppl haven't been on at all. If you have Xfire and are in the EU group you can see just how many ppl are playing another newly released game. ( I'm pretty certain it's safe to name Xfire) I've seen others selling their items and skills quietly. I even have a thread for a complete buyout but have yet to receive an offer I'll accept.

So, I think it is coming down to those of us that are willing or not to stick around for the cryengine and planets. Unfortunately I think the cryengine will at first be just another pretty update to the terrain like the avatars were updated in 9.0. I honestly don't think there will be much if any change to the actual game play at first although I really hope I'm wrong! Their pictures of it all are great but please note - they are all of the same place!!

The planets, well I at this point have a lot more faith in CKI and their ability to bring us an actual, functioning game!! This is truelly what I might hang around for. I met them in Vegas as I think you may have too. They really seem to want to listen to and understand this community, our needs, our dreams and the like.

Other than my friends and especially my soc mates I see no other reason to hang around. But then MA doesn't even seem to realize that's what really keeps ppl here and not just the addiction to the game. If they did, we'd have a very good in game friends list and messaging system. The current one has caused them problems since pretty much being created. Or at least that's what I've understood to be the situation.

They seem more intent on nerfing us behind our backs ( our hp regen.. again) and not fixing or even publicly saying they have a bug! How many weeks do we have to tolerate checking and re-checking our loot stacks just to make sure things get updated correctly????? All anyone wanted or expected was for them to say they were aware of the problem and that they are working on it. Over 3 weeks and no mini updates, nothing :mad:

I've waited since Nov of 2006 for MA to fix and update their events system. The ppl of Champions League were told to just stop holding event until it was all fixed. Well... ..... .... sigh. I can only speculate that ND is willing to wait for years and years like he has for his event domes / system that I understand was supposed to be a part of what he purchased with CND or that MA ignores it all for whatever reason.

Back to sweating, scanning, killing the occassional creature, hanging around chatting and the not to often soc hunt so I can feel a part of the community of blowing my peds away....

You have all that shadow and you are complaining? :rolleyes:

If you've ever worn it for a hunt and then went to repair it.. :eek: ...well, then maybe you wouldn't be envious..

Maybe he should wear gremlin like many do up there and save a lot of decay ;)

It becomes more than a game as soon as people start putting considerable amounts of money into it, that is in comparison to what you may pay for another 'game'.

~Tracer

Sounds like you never played "Life" (and not the second but the first one).
If I compare one night out in town with a month here, I still spent less in EU (even though I am not that rich and hip guy and only go to the places where the beer is cheap).
EU is no different to RL, if your way of "having fun" is over your budget either adapt or take a break.
Simple as that.
And if you fell "betrayed" and paranoia gets to you, rather take some time and think about yourself. All balancing and nerfs I have read so far, may have been tough for the individual, but they surely looked like they gave EU a future.

Dynamic = no matter what you do something is allways wrong you lose.

Balance = Its harder and more expencive all time.

If you want to get something from the game you have to be 1 off the "golden" players MA likes. :)

If I might state an opinion, MA is simply honing what is basically a parimutuel distribution system. They only guarantee their own take, and we don't know what that is, but it would be nice to know. In state-regulated parimutuel systems, the retention rate is known to the players.
It is MA's self interest to make this game economically viable for themselves and their investors, and that is their priority. We as players are third in that list.
That said, they must do a fine balancing act among that threesome of interests, because we are all depending on each other to perpetuate this game.
As MA refines this system, you can expect loots to stop their wild oscillations (otherwise known as an ATH) and settle down to a less variable cycle of winners and losers.
The drawback to this, if it goes on long enough, is that all players will know that they will lose in the long run, given that the system achieves stability. To counter this, MA will, at intervals, allow someone to win big, and write it off to promotion and advertising.

So what I'm saying is, enjoy the game for a game, but don't expect it to be the route to riches. Their are people who make their living playing this game, but I expect their numbers to decline as MA kills their margins with these adjustments.

I just hope that is not players here who playing this game like we all and in same time works for MA..:D

This have been discussed a lot. I agree for some part and have alway said:

Better are 100 ppl who lose 10 ped and all is happy then
10 ppl losing 100 PED and not all happy.
(numbers are just for example)

EDIT: even 100k posts and threads there will not make MA change something. Evolution .. we have to adapt :)

Maybe EU is the one that needs to adapt?!?!?!?! maybe the smart players have walked away!

Sounds like you never played "Life" (and not the second but the first one).
If I compare one night out in town with a month here, I still spent less in EU (even though I am not that rich and hip guy and only go to the places where the beer is cheap).
EU is no different to RL, if your way of "having fun" is over your budget either adapt or take a break.
Simple as that.
And if you fell "betrayed" and paranoia gets to you, rather take some time and think about yourself. All balancing and nerfs I have read so far, may have been tough for the individual, but they surely looked like they gave EU a future.

Hmm taking a break of my life (the first one)?
Maybe good idea, logg into EU now ;)

I have played (nearly) every day for several years and I feel as though our skills, loot, items, etc. are being slowly eroded.
Some people just need very very long to come to this conclusion/realize it...

Now my concern is that MA, by making these constant incremental changes may end up with a game that is simply no fun to participate in.
Maybe its my imagination but there seems to be quite a few ubers whom I never see ingame anymore.
What will a company do, if busines runs bad and the player base doesn't grow after 5 years in busines? Right, milk out as much as possible from the remaining customers, before everything collapse in itself ;)

This is one of the most flawned busines models ever existed in the world. Most companies realize, that high amount of people spending smaller amounts of money is always better than to be forced to bring less customers to pay insane prices.

Back