Big Battle Event - Would you participate?

Would you participate in an event like this?

• Total voters

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Okay so this is a check to see if people would be interested to participate in an event idea I have had.

PLEASE NOTE: This event would probably have no prizes (depends), but would be cheap to be in (no entry fee). Would be for fun only, and it would be better the more people would be in it :)

Okay, so here is how I imagine it:

Rules:
1) There are two teams. (One with and one without shirts might be good to tell them apart?)
2) Each of the teams chooses a leader.
3) Only tt longswords are allowed.
4) No armor or healing is allowed.
5) The objective is to kill the enemy teams leader while making sure your own leader is not killed.

So basicly, to sum it up:
- Two teams, each has a leader.
- Kill the other leader, defend your own.

This could require some GOOD tactics from the leaders, and with the right amount of people it could turn into a quite large (and fun) battle!

So, would you participate? Do you have any rule suggestions? If you would not participate, why?

there was a similar event idea few years ago... hmmhm

there was a similar event idea few years ago... hmmhm

ah, havent seen that :dunno:

I did try to have an event like this last year, but more spontanius though :D didnt work too well, we ended up being only 3 people :laugh: needs earlier heads-up I guess...

So why would you NOT participate? ;)

ah, havent seen that :dunno:

I did try to have an event like this last year, but more spontanius though :D didnt work too well, we ended up being only 3 people :laugh: needs earlier heads-up I guess...

So why would you NOT participate? ;)

I'd be glad to participate, but too poor for any events atm. :D

I'd be glad to participate, but too poor for any events atm. :D

ah well a tt longsword is... 17PED, or what is it? :silly2: I can borrow ya one when I get PED :laugh:

In that case, I'd be glad to join :D

Could also make a cool movie if someone with skills would decide to make a video :D

I would join for sure if i got time.

Just fun ftw :yay:

I ran a tt melee weapon only, no armor no healing event at the Lemmy Beer Gardens a couple of weeks ago. The setting was amazing with everyone resorting to using swords and running around the castle courtyard. Everyone had a ton of fun.

Your idea with teams sounds like lots of fun. It would be hard to regulate it either with or without the event system and would require honest participants. I still think it would be alot of fun though :p

narfi

to be honest, as i was lossing interest in this game, fun events like these finally gave me some light.

i dont see why not. At least its gonna be fun.

Your idea with teams sounds like lots of fun. It would be hard to regulate it either with or without the event system and would require honest participants. I still think it would be alot of fun though :p

Well, I dont see the reason for cheating when there is no prize, so dunno if we will see too much of that? :)

if im on when its about top happen ill join.

Sounds fun:) to make it more fun let it be based on HP/team.. maybe somthing like max ~1500hp or so, in that way its possible to creat a team with 5 members with 300hp or a team with 10 members with 150 hp:) in that way its possible for both "noobs" and "ubers" to have fun att the same time ;)

Sounds fun:) to make it more fun let it be based on HP/team.. maybe somthing like max ~1500hp or so, in that way its possible to creat a team with 5 members with 300hp or a team with 10 members with 150 hp:) in that way its possible for both "noobs" and "ubers" to have fun att the same time ;)

a very good idea indeed

I would join if I've the time, but if the total decay spent will be more than event creation costs there has to be a prize :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Sound like fun Foe. I would join in:wtg:

Where would it take place? I'm thinking most LA's have mobs that will mow down unarmoured TT-sword wielding teams and we'd all end up stuck around the LA revival pretty soon.

But in theory, yeah, I like it, would be in.

Sounds like a lot of fun, im keen! :yay:

Good Idea :)

Actually thought about that :) bit like some tabletop games where ya get to choose characters with total points XXX...

The alternative would be to just put everyone in two teams so the total HP is pretty much the same :dunno:

I would join if I've the time, but if the total decay spent will be more than event creation costs there has to be a prize :)
Where would it take place? I'm thinking most LA's have mobs that will mow down unarmoured TT-sword wielding teams and we'd all end up stuck around the LA revival pretty soon.

Actually, wouldnt it be possible to just have it in any non-event PvP area? :dunno:

I mean, there aint any rules that would allow this anyway, so if we mark the edges of the allowed area by dropping some stuff, and just do it on a flat non-LA area of amathera?

I was thinking of a similar event. Two teams setup more like capture the flag but limit the weapons to the masher kind of weapons. The idea would be to use the two "bases" like at the rig and set an object of some kind up in similar location on both. Then someone says go and the battle to grab the item designated to be the flag from the other teams base. The round is over when the enemy flag is dropped next to your flag in your base. Not sure how this would work though since there is no way to really detect the flag or who has it unless its an item that is worn like a hat or something and if you kill the sucker what then, unless it was done in lootable pvp area and then a hat would not work?

I think this needs some brainac to figure out the logistics of game play. Concept wise it could be fun.

Ill let you know if it works out or not.

Send me a PM about problems, possible improvements, ideas, etc later and it'll be fine ;)

So, this is looking well :) have quite a few people that seems to be interested...

I am going to be a bit busy in the coming few weeks (moving irl) so I will try to find some time to set up and hold the event after that, and work on rules/strategy/etc... before I can move I will be spending quite some time on buses so I will probably have time to think up some stuff :D

Theres a fortress close to rig wich would be perfect for this kind of event, good size and short way from tp. Maybe the RX bases if they still exist, altho they are most likely far away from tp :p

Anyway count me in if the event goes live :)

Last edited:
Theres a fortress close to rig wich would be perfect for this kind of event good size and short way from tp, maybe RX bases if they still exist, altho they are most likely far away from tp :p

Anyway count me in if the event goes live :)

Ah yes I have actually thought about having some similar event inside the castle walls, or AT one of the walls (or platforms), but first I would like to try it out on flat ground, in a PvP with radar :)

Would be interesting to see which tactics be used :D

why not

Verry attractive ideea but i have something in mind and want to share. There are many societys in game. This could be a battle betwin societys. But because the HP is verry important total hp of teams must be the same. Well, i don't know if the teams have same chances if they all have 100 hp for example nor the lider have 250 HP and rest of team less than 100. After all 250 HP means more agilty, evade, etc. So if the lider run away ... nobody will be able to kill him.

I think that the battle should be betwin societys but .. is hard to find persons with ~same stats. So any person is wellcome. From here ... other rules needed.

Two teams (10 members each)
One naked, other only pants
Only tt knife. (faster than sword, little more spectacular)
A jackpot (each team put half of the prise)
One single player winner.
Before battle, every player will take a number of order.
When every team player have his own number (betwin 1-10) they will make a line in ascending trend of the numbers.
Duel betwin first team and second team in arena. So, 1 will fight with 1, 2 with 2 etc.
After killing the enemy healing is permitted.
Players from the team who have less players alive chose the new enemys from alive players of the other team.
Last man standing take the Jackpot.

Why I came here:
Nobody will run, everybody must fight. Will be nice show in arena. Beeing ~same lvl both players have chances.
(HAHA, verry dificult part with "same lvl" but is late and i hope i didn't miss any obstacle.)

I am sure that tomorow i will be dissapointed about this loooong post but ... I had an ideea :D

Back