Question: Big loss on jester D1

Infinity

Alpha
Mr Infinity Infinity
I tried crafting jesters D1's
Reason for that is that they drop alot of nice bleuprints with very good markup. Blueprints like breer P2a(L) Bleuprint(L)., Original mamba bp's etc.
I thought it was a very nice plan to craft the Jesters as 1 click on them is not expensive, the mats are cheap and the L bp's sell very good. Sofar i made a few K peds on the bp's

Thing is that i lost almost 10k peds on crafting those jesters. I didnt stop cause i was hoping i would get a hoff to get some money back. But even with the expensive L bps i looted and sold i am still -10k ped.
I dont understand why, i got craftskills, not that you need much skills to make jesters..

Did i do something wrong or does mindark just steal our money? (or do i get a big hoff soon ? :scratch2: )

Did i do something wrong or does mindark just steal our money? (or do i get a big hoff soon ? :scratch2: )
Speaking from my own experience, they just take the money :D
gl though

1) Did you craft on quantity or condition? :D
2) It's not stealing if you have agreed to the rules, which you have :wise:
3) You may or may not get a big HoF soon, you never know... Crafting is a profession that costs a lot, and therefore you stand the risk to lose a lot :yay:

Condition, cause i wanted to have most residu as possible, goes for 108% while jesters went to the tt

I'm no expert when it comes to crafting, but I sure have clicked a lot so I'd like to think I know a thing or two about this subject.

First of, just like with weapons, blueprints can be maxed or not and of course, if it ain't, you COS (chance of success) will be lower.

The jester d1 blueprint is a non SIB blueprint and thus, I assume, you'll need to be level 100 in the relevant profession in order to max it. Further more, of course you want as high a quality rating as possible, but I'll assume, considering your loss, that ain't an issue.

So the smart thing to do, assuming you're not at level 100 just yet, would be to get a qr 100 SIB bp which you have already maxed, for maximum COS. Of course then you still need to consider MU, average returns and MU/demand of whatever you chose to craft.

When all that is said, there's really only one way to go and that is to keep clicking. No one can say when, but a big one will come sooner or later, but whether it will cover your losses is doubtful. remember that you should never expect to play EU for free, especially not when crafting. Crafting is a high cost game which only a select group of rather wealthy people will succeed at.

Best regards.

I'm not at all experienced crafter, but I clicked jesters for some time once I was experimenting different things in EU. Result: 80%+ of times significant loss, 20% of the time some very tiny profit, and sold bp's are counted here too.

Stopped making jesters, and will never come back.

In fact, the results were very similar with all BP's I tried, so I stopped crafting altogether. Except attachments/enhancers I personally use, loosing continuously with them too, but I consider it kind of a hobby.

Crafting is a high cost game which only a select group of rather wealthy people will succeed at.
This is exactly how I see it now. Had to give it a go anyway to fully appreciate the wisdom of the previous sentence.

Last edited:
Condition, cause i wanted to have most residu as possible, goes for 108% while jesters went to the tt

Well sorry for your loss but condition crafting is gambling ... you gambled and lost.

I did not craft a lot but i did some condition runs on jesters too - i knew pretty well that the risk is high as the product is not worth a lot. I had some nice Hofs but it did not pay, i knew it could end like that and accepted it.
Full condition is hof hunt and not residue hunt.

hate to say it but it looks normal. No you won't get a big hof. Well you might but not because of these losses.

Hi.

I do global with jesters d1 only 1 time, perhaps 2, but not sure. That was when i have level 2 at laser weapon engineer. I never more globaled or drop a nice bp (or none bp) with that jesters d1 bp, and i think i have level 8 laser weapon engineer. My jester bp i think have qr less than 40.

I do jesters d1 always when i find iron, mining or from argonauts, i do that for skills because is not a bp giving global to me.

Greetings. Milesio.

I tried crafting jesters D1's
Reason for that is that they drop alot of nice bleuprints with very good markup. Blueprints like breer P2a(L) Bleuprint(L)., Original mamba bp's etc.
I thought it was a very nice plan to craft the Jesters as 1 click on them is not expensive, the mats are cheap and the L bp's sell very good. Sofar i made a few K peds on the bp's

I have neer looted a single L BP from Jester D1 crafting ... sice when they drop those L bp`s ?

My JD1 BP QR is 87.7 :D

Is it a 10k ped loss in tt value or including markup?

Imh"noob"o

You need to experiment with setting of the bar. But don't adjust it during the crafting run.
At lower level skills like level 2 or below level 6.. setting it below 3/4 is a bad move.

They way I do it is to craft at max quantity unitl it becomes a consistent return.. AKA, boring.
Then drop the bar until I get an uncomfortable loss and set it midway.

Just the ramblings of a man that is very very tired right now.

best run ever been while playing with the bar.

ITs not called dynamic for nothing... stay dynamic and...

is anyone willing to sell me a jester d1 for tt value :)
please pm me. Im a pretty new player and interested in buying a jester d1

is anyone willing to sell me a jester d1 for tt value :)
please pm me. Im a pretty new player and interested in buying a jester d1

Shouldn't be hard to find for TT. But you can find the better Sollomate Opalo in every TT without Markup. That's the reason why not many ppl are selling them, but dumping them into the TT. It can'T compete neither in eco nor in dps with the Opalo unless maxed

2) It's not stealing if you have agreed to the rules, which you have :wise:

What rules, it's not supposed to be gambling, so a loss of 10k ped in a few hours shouldn't be possible. If some people get hofs to recup their losses (loosing 10k ped+ seems like more than a fair test), and others don't, then it's (a) gambling (b) rigged and thus stealing, either way something is seriously wrong with your rules imo.

Ok...

I have done my fair share of crafting jesters....

Now, the only way to break even with them is to sell the things. If you manage to sell each of them at +0.5 or 1 ped, and if each time your bp gets to QR100 you sell the bp and start with a new one, you can break even. I usually sell stuff like that at my shop in PA Mall.

However, as a rule, any time that you tt what you are crafting, you will lose money. :wise: 80-90% returns on average, in this case, going by my own experience and what is regularly posted in forums. Even the occasional global or even hof will not save you from this :wise:

Of course, you might say, I dont have a shop, so I cannot do that. Well, crafting is an expensive profession, and it is not easy to get to a point where you can regularly break even with random stuff. However, it can be done, I did it, starting from 0, and I am now at level 20-32, depending on the profession. Most of that was done crafting components, and I managed to break even despite not having a shop at the time.

So, look at auction, look at the bob the builder website, figure out what is selling and why, check the forum, and you can manage to skill up at no cost. Continue tt-ing stuff and your peds will continue to dissapear :wise:

Jesters materials are nowhere close to "cheap". And condition resulting in more residue is urban myth. TT turnover is also of most importance.

Last edited:
The long term return is 80%. If you have high skills, high QR bp's, the patience to squeeze every % of MU out of every single click, the ability to buy materials in bulk, and you have the bankroll for the short term losses, 90% returns have been reported.

If you do the math, if you are losing 20% each cycle, it only means that you did enough cycles to lose 10k peds. If you do 1k ped runs (1k clicks on the d-1), it will take you only 500 cycles to lose 10k peds.

I cycled through @300k peds according to tracker on the oa-101. I depo'd ~80k. 20% of 380k is 76k, which is pretty much my actual loss.

Last edited:
Weird I don't expect to loot any L bp from a level 1. I never did and it's reported all over the forum level 1 BPs don't loot L ones. Unless something has changed in one of the updates.

Infinity no one is stealing you, the way you are crafting it is just pure gambling .
If you wanna do it that way, at least try higher level bps will drop good L BPs.

Ok...

I have done my fair share of crafting jesters....

Now, the only way to break even with them is to sell the things. If you manage to sell each of them at +0.5 or 1 ped, and if each time your bp gets to QR100 you sell the bp and start with a new one, you can break even. I usually sell stuff like that at my shop in PA Mall.

However, as a rule, any time that you tt what you are crafting, you will lose money. :wise: 80-90% returns on average, in this case, going by my own experience and what is regularly posted in forums. Even the occasional global or even hof will not save you from this :wise:

Of course, you might say, I dont have a shop, so I cannot do that. Well, crafting is an expensive profession, and it is not easy to get to a point where you can regularly break even with random stuff. However, it can be done, I did it, starting from 0, and I am now at level 20-32, depending on the profession. Most of that was done crafting components, and I managed to break even despite not having a shop at the time.

So, look at auction, look at the bob the builder website, figure out what is selling and why, check the forum, and you can manage to skill up at no cost. Continue tt-ing stuff and your peds will continue to dissapear :wise:

Well said :smoke:

I didnt stop cause i was hoping i would get a hoff to get some money back.

You lost exactly because of this behaviour. You should be careful, if you see this behaviour on a regular basis (no kidding here!).

Thing is that i lost almost 10k peds on crafting those jesters
Did you TT the bps or sell them... How many actual jesters is your avatar holding right this second? Maybe you can do a bulk sale of them here on the forums.

How many actual jesters is your avatar holding right this second? Maybe you can do a bulk sale of them here on the forums.

That is not doable. A single crafter can easily generate 20-30k jesters in 1 week, nobody is gonna buy that in sensible quantity.

Weird I don't expect to loot any L bp from a level 1. I never did and it's reported all over the forum level 1 BPs don't loot L ones. Unless something has changed in one of the updates.

Was surprised to hear too, but lvl 1 do drop again L clicks since, say, half a year?

Weird I don't expect to loot any L bp from a level 1.

My first D-1 bp I got to qr 80 or so, and i never got a single L bp. In ver 11, I got my first L bp within like 10 clicks. So far, I've gotten over 20 or so with 2 jester d-1 bp's over 50 qr.

infinity the guys with some ath on p2a? and vrex2000 sga (not sure)? --> yes they took your ath as all ppll here :eyecrazy:

and if its so easy to loot nice bp on little bp , what about crafting p1a->p5a or apis or others expensive bp's

Back