FYI: Binomial Distribution, Loot, and you.

Spinage;2250194 That example was extremely simplified... in EU there are so many variables that we don't even comprehend said:
I know they CAN import stuff into your avatar. :scratch2: don't you know this? you are so naive man... I mean all your maths BS doesn't count here. You may fool some ppl, but just the MA "clappers" :laugh:

I know they CAN import stuff into your avatar. :scratch2: don't you know this? you are so naive man... I mean all your maths BS doesn't count here. You may fool some ppl, but just the MA "clappers" :laugh:

All well and good that it's possible they can, but why? :) Just to piss you off?

So what if an avatar is a parameter? If a mining amp is also a parameter?

Yes, then every person would have different loot, but how to use "avatar" as a parameter.... Thinking purely from a mathematic standpoint, it seems difficult and actually pointless.

Anyway, you earlier asked about amps etc and whats the point if its random.

I think people mistake what is implied by random.

Something can be random and long term be aimed to give 20% chance or returns, where as something can be made to be 90%.

Random with a weighted average just means that although it's random what you would get at any specific time, there is more chance of getting certain things more often... as a simple example:

Rolling a dice gives a list of equally possible outcomes:

Each one only appears once and is 1/6 chance of happening.

Looting a daikiba is more likely to look like:

No loot
No loot
No loot
Blazar
Nova
Animal muscle oil (seperate list for ammount)
Item
Muscle oil
Residue
No Loot
No loot etc

So although each result has an equal chance, you still get a predicted return over a long time... its like rolling a dice where four of the six sides are the same number. It's still random.

Back