Info: boards to veneer

Society
Skillin Villains
Earl Von Kippler
first look at refining. when you refine a board with an energy refiner it creates a multiple of veneers. we will see what the prices become. each board produces a specific number of veneers.

i got this many veneers from 1 board

long - regular - short

midastree 38 - 21 - 4

bigwig 166 - 113 - 76

firn 91 - 59 - 18

stinktree 52 - 31 - 11

this info should be added to entropedia somewhere, i imagine.

looks like 100 = .01 kg and 1000 = 1.0 kg regardless of base board

Last edited:
What are the veneers used for? Have the furniture BPs changed recipes?

..looks like Mindbuster got your title change in place ;)

Could you add some more info on these Veneers please? Is it correct that only 1 board will create multible Veneers? In this case, whats the difference between the veneers?

..and maybe even more interesting to Atrox and Berry hunters, whats the weight after refining?

it seem that 1 veneer = 1 pec, and the number of veneer is determined by the tt of the board.

for the midastree texture we need 1 basic wood extractor and 21 midastree board veneer.
for stinktree it is 1 BWE and 31 veener. so you don't have to care wich sort of 'wood' you get, for texture anyway. (for furniture it seem it is still important)

nevermind. :)

Last edited:
Is it correct that only 1 board will create multible Veneers?
1 board produces multiple veneers at the rate i listed. you can refine several boards of the same type at the same time, you just end up with a great deal of veneer :)

whats the difference between the veneers?
nothing. all long, regular, and short boards all produce the same kind of veneer, just more or less of each

whats the weight after refining?

Last edited:
it seem that 1 veneer = 1 pec, and the number of veneer is determined by the tt of the board.

for the midastree texture we need 1 basic wood extractor and 21 midastree board veneer.
for stinktree it is 1 BWE and 31 veener. so you don't have to care wich sort of 'wood' you get, for texture anyway. (for furniture it seem it is still important)

So, this means that wood textures will be easier to craft, as materials are easier to find?

as far as i'm know, yes. But you have to pay the decay of the refiner

me likey weeners. :drool:

1 board produces multiple veneers at the rate i listed. you can refine several boards of the same type at the same time, you just end up with a great deal of veneer :)

..nothing. all long, regular, and short boards all produce the same kind of veneer, just more or less of each

So bye bye different markups on different kinds of wood? Sounds fishy to me :scratch2:

If this is true, and the droprate of some of the common boards from eg. Berycled stays the same, it would very fast become tt-food all.

..unless of course the unrefined boards still have some usage in ordinary furniture crafting ??

it does, veener seem to work only for texture. furniture still require specific board.

I put 354 Short Firn Boards into the extractor and it said I would get 354 Firn Veneer, which is not what you said in the first post. I didn't actually click to Refine, so perhaps this is just a bug in the display? Would I have actually got more veneer? (354 x 18 = 6372)

I'll try it again later.

Got the same display bug with my Midastree boards.

It won't make texture crafting a lot easier though. To make one Midastree texture, you'll need 27 Midastree Veneers. It does, however, fix a serious logical error when asking why you need a certain size board to make the textures. I'm not super happy about it, but it's a change for the positive.

I put 354 Short Firn Boards into the extractor and it said I would get 354 Firn Veneer, which is not what you said in the first post. I didn't actually click to Refine, so perhaps this is just a bug in the display? Would I have actually got more veneer? (354 x 18 = 6372)

I'll try it again later.

you would have 6372 veneer.

the refiner will not show the correct amount of veneer you will get. at least until a mini-update, i guess.

Typical, I spend a fortune on "midass tree boards" (not short ones) to make textures for a table, and then a week or 3 later I could have used the common Short boards I already owned to do the same job.

I must say that it is a logical step as a wood texture should be craftable from any of the boards, but had I known the change was coming, I would have held off.
Well, shit happens. :rolleyes:

waiting to find the correct markup for all of these new things. i converted all my boards to veneer, markup be damned (kinda a mistake on that one, but oh well) and have them hanging on my stores wall. to be honest, the look of the boards was better as a display, but that is not a big matter. however, none of the veneers in my store are priced yet, since i want to let the market figure out a price 1st. :)

this info should be added to entropedia somewhere, i imagine.

Added to entropedia, but the weight is either bugged or you made a typo:
100 = .01 kg would be 1000 = 0.1 kg!

Veneer

However, i could need some data on the wood texture BP and the new ingredients list (assuming only those have changed)

Anyone care to post the ingredients needed for the the 4 wood textures BPs?

Reactions: dj.
i will check. i had several stacks of different ammounts, and i might have messed up. it can be easily checked later. i can tell you under 100 veneer doesn't registor and lists as 0.0

i think it is 0.1 for 100 and 1.0 for 1000

but seriously, i can check or someone else can, but i cna't access the game right second.

midastree texture BP (I) :
- 1x basic wood extractor
- 21x midastree veener

stinktree texture bp (II)
- 1x Advanced wood extractor
- 31x stinktree veener

firn texture bp (II) :
- 59x firn eener

bigwig texture bp (III)
- 113x bigwig veener

Are the unrefined boards still needed for anything (besides wood floors)?

yup they arestill needed in furniture

midastree texture BP (I) :
- 21x midastree veener

stinktree texture bp (II)
- 31x stinktree veener

firn texture bp (II) :
- 59x firn eener

bigwig texture bp (III)
- 113x bigwig veener

entropedia updated, thx & +rep

What do you refine boards with to make veneer? I cant drop onto mineral or energy refiner

wood to veneer?

I am also looking for how to turn into veneer??? Don't see any tool on auction for this. Can anyone help out with this answer?

Timber can be refined to veneer with any enmat refiner.

I just foun dout about this a couple of days ago. ANd I was thinking that man, I have TT'd so many boards, just because they didnt have a great markup, but I needed them for Textures. But I had no idea how to make Veneers. Now that I know, I am saving a lot of PED and my skills are increasing now ;)

thank you

thank u so much Serica , Am most happy to be able to refine my wood. Thanks again

Thanks for the tip, I must try refining the wood to veneer - would make a nice flooring for my apartment.

Back