C.O.R.E. Calypso Ore Rapid Exchange

Thank you for suggestions. Since i'm the one in charge of pricing policy, i feel i need to respond. There are several reasons why our prices are like that at the moment. First of all, market is highly unstable currently and prices fluctuate alot. One example would be Ignisium, where markup went up and down, up to 10% in a few days time. So we need to take some precautions, especially because we set prices only once for the whole trading day.

Secondly, we are actively seeking for crafter contacts to sell directly, but since it is not always possible, we have to account for auction taxes as well, which on items with higher markups can reach 2% and more. I was a strong opponent of this auction tax system since the very begining, but it's unlikely to change, and we have to adapt.

And finally, there is always the 1% bonus feature, which can be used on resources with largest tt, to take most advantage of it.

And of course, all the website and other tool development (like OCR) doesn't come for free unfortunately, so have to take that into account as well. Once the markets gets more stable again, we will for sure go back to more competitive pricing model.

I can agree on that for maybe so select ores/enmatters... but...

Lets look at some basic more safe ore/enmatters you know the ones with general constant supply.

Belkar: Day/Week/Month rate is around 116% give or take a few .##%'s.
Your Belk Rate: 109%
Thats -7%

Iron: Day/Week is around 109% and Month is 113%... (Avrg 110-112% for a while before VU)
Your Iron Rate: 103.5%
Thats -5.5%

Narc: Day/Week is around 147% month is at 142.9% (Big jump with VU)
Your Rate: 138%
Thats -9%....

Now I dont mean to pick on you Im just saying to be more competitive you can adjust your rates to be much more reasonable....

Obviously if you take in small amounts and dont do big volume there is much greater risk to taking some of the more unstable resources since you cant flip em as fast and the risk of price drop is there... which might be why you can pay less... but thats becasue of your inability to do volume punishing the customer for it isn't fair IMO...

Auction tax is not that high... we have to be honest with people here.... you pay 1% tax for every 20% MU... or if you prefer straight tax... for every 20PED above TT value you pay 1ped... generally its a declining rate also... The auction tax IMO does not constitute a huge rate like that... for low MU commodities the -% should be very low and as you get higher in MU the -% offered should increase with it...

3rd point I agree with... which is why I said that -6% to -5% being normal might be ok for some... but when your offering above that... your penalizing your customer to do service with you instead of investing into something that will bring more customers that will spread your cost over the many instead of possibly the few...???

Just throwing my 2cents in again :D... been a trader for a while and have evolved from being an idiot to doing ok to actually learning more about the market and where u can do well at and such... so I think Ive got some good grasps in some areas... obviously I still have plenty to learn :D...

Just throwing my 2cents in again :D... been a trader for a while and have evolved from being an idiot to doing ok to actually learning more about the market and where u can do well at and such... so I think Ive got some good grasps in some areas... obviously I still have plenty to learn :D...
Yes, I feel jealous for his success with such low prices too, you're not alone :ahh:

This thread has been officialy bumped.

Ill give ya a bump with this... but any comment on my comment made few posts above???

You guys seem to be doing good work on other areas such as your tracking tool... just hate to see you guys giving gifts with one hand while holding a dagger in the other behind your back... at least with the prices you have ATM thats the way it appears....

Anyways hopefully you'll reply to above... and hopefully you guys will tighten your prices closer to MU to be fair to the miners who use you guys and to be competitive with some other dealers....

I guess it all just depends how much your trying to make per PED of stock... atm 5-7% flat is kinda silly to make... try for volume 2-3% isn't bad to make if you move stock fast and do lots of flipping.

Ill give ya a bump with this... but any comment on my comment made few posts above???

You guys seem to be doing good work on other areas such as your tracking tool... just hate to see you guys giving gifts with one hand while holding a dagger in the other behind your back... at least with the prices you have ATM thats the way it appears....

Anyways hopefully you'll reply to above... and hopefully you guys will tighten your prices closer to MU to be fair to the miners who use you guys and to be competitive with some other dealers....

I guess it all just depends how much your trying to make per PED of stock... atm 5-7% flat is kinda silly to make... try for volume 2-3% isn't bad to make if you move stock fast and do lots of flipping.

Well, i didn't want to get into discussing individual prices, since they do change everyday and there are reasons for them being the way they are.

However, if you insist, let's compare all prices then. Decided to use entropiamarket.com prices as a reference. So, excluding 101%/tt stuff, we have 38 items to compare. Out of them, 12 prices are equal, 12 better at EM, and 14 better over at us. So, once again it reflects that our pricing model differs, and not in anyone's favor as far as i can see.

But let's go further, and see how price differences translate into peds. Let's take 100ped in tt value of each of those 37 resources (angel scales excluded because such high markup would skew the resuls (in our favor i might add)).

So, using EM's prices we get 4674.00 total, using CORE prices we get 4729.50. So overall prices seems to be slightly in our favor, or to be exact a difference of about 1.2%

So, in conclusion, as i said before, every conscious seller should explore all options and choose what is best for him. Just like in real life, all shops have different prices, and you pick what is best for you. And as TC said, price is not the only thing that defines service as such. Additionally i might add that we are being completely transparent with all our prices, unlike EM. So the seller has an option to check all prices, calculate final result, and as well having auction averages as a reference point. So imho we're giving all opportunities for people to make informed decisions with minimum trouble.

I hope that answers your question.

Let me also add something to Moons statement.
As said before, prices arent everything that define a trading service. Take a moment and look at the other services. Most of them do not use any kind of site, be it free, basic or more complex like ours. Most of them do not even list their prices, and if they do, they only list the ones they see they are advantaged of. My conclusion is that even though our prices might not be the most favorable, we are true about our actions, we offer more ease and professinalism with our service, this which hopefully translate into a trustworthy and safe service for everyone.
Getting back to prices, keep in mind that other expenses need to be considerd. Since we think of CORE as a professinal and serious service, some expenses need to be taken into consideration. Such as advertisment campaigns, domain and hosting expenses and ofcourse, as mentioned somewhere else, the tools dont come for free, yet we offer them with pride and joy to everyone to use.
So, to conclude, while we may not have the best prices over there, id like to believe we have the most professional and complex trading service there is, with plans on offering even more features quite soon.

This impromptu argument is STUPID.

Prices can be seen on the items when you trade them. Who is cheating who?!

Both parties of a trade will clearly see the market value, market details, trends, evolution, differentiation,... just by right clicking the traded item. How is site A or site B creating an advantage to one part or the other from a trade?!

Both parties of a trade will clearly see the market value, market details, trends, evolution, differentiation,... just by right clicking the traded item. How is site A or site B creating an advantage to one part or the other from a trade?!

I did not, nor implied in any way that cheating is involved nor ment.

You probably misunderstood me. What i meant was that you can have all information at your fingertips to make a decision before entering the trade or having to contact the buyer.

What i disliked most about traders back when i was mining on cnd, was this attitude of "chat me for prices". Well, i don't want to do that, maybe i don't even want to trade him, i just want the information to make my decision. So we made sure that you can have all of that on our site, without any discomforts of having to personally contact the buyer.

And of course you are right, you can see all the details while in trade. But if you are trading 10+ types of resources, you may want to know the situation beforehand and perhaps, as i suggested, selling to two different buyers instead of one to take advantage of best prices.

Hope this clear things up on my view on this.

Please remember that the party with more ped value controls the trade in their favor :)

As for CND, I guess there are some traders that find it easier to fill their avatar with ores, then drop down to Calypso for 25 PED, and resell their load, all in just a few minutes :)

Well, i didn't want to get into discussing individual prices, since they do change everyday and there are reasons for them being the way they are.

However, if you insist, let's compare all prices then. Decided to use entropiamarket.com prices as a reference. So, excluding 101%/tt stuff, we have 38 items to compare. Out of them, 12 prices are equal, 12 better at EM, and 14 better over at us. So, once again it reflects that our pricing model differs, and not in anyone's favor as far as i can see.

But let's go further, and see how price differences translate into peds. Let's take 100ped in tt value of each of those 37 resources (angel scales excluded because such high markup would skew the resuls (in our favor i might add)).

So, using EM's prices we get 4674.00 total, using CORE prices we get 4729.50. So overall prices seems to be slightly in our favor, or to be exact a difference of about 1.2%

So, in conclusion, as i said before, every conscious seller should explore all options and choose what is best for him. Just like in real life, all shops have different prices, and you pick what is best for you. And as TC said, price is not the only thing that defines service as such. Additionally i might add that we are being completely transparent with all our prices, unlike EM. So the seller has an option to check all prices, calculate final result, and as well having auction averages as a reference point. So imho we're giving all opportunities for people to make informed decisions with minimum trouble.

I hope that answers your question.

Well first Ill start off by saying Lebs prices are not even close to the best available... although due to his rep and Im sure u guys will get rep to... hes grown to be a go-to-guy for many miners.

2nd of all... looking at todays rates at this time with both of you updated today... Leb beats you on almost all common stuff.... the most common hes either matched you or beat you by 1-2%... which is the stuff most commonly traded...

You guys beat him on rares I can almost guarentee because Lebs rare prices suck balls... but thats stuff you rarely ever see.... so your results are somewhat off due to the rares/uncommons which you rarely see that you beat leb with....

As to reply to thunder... well like I said.... your doing extra service which can obviously entitle you and promote an extra 1% in your favour... but by doing these extra services your charging your customers for these services they might not care for...

Like some of the basic stuff your buying at TT.... TT is such an awful price for anything... if it has a MU of 102-103% you can easily make something on it... no need to take it at TT price... I could go on and could go into further details with you in private because theres certain resources I trade often that is very easy to buy at -1% or even -2% and easily make 1-2% profit (after deductions) which is great if you do big turnovers....

Anyways if you guys want to compete vs Leb I think although your beating him with rares and the more uncommon stuff... tighten up on the more common stuff... the ore/enmatter market is a very tough market which is over saturated with traders...

And like you moon I turned into a trader after I disliked getting -6% and -5% from buyers when I needed PED to go back to mining... but think about it from miners view... a lot of the smart ones are looking for the best price I think you know that being a CND miner (I tried to buy off you I think you sold to Ionna though, u on my FL at least :D because of that ). I think you guys should if you want to fund a lot of projects deal with being the go-to people... then adjust prices possibly afterwards... but with not nearly the best prices you at least from an outsider observer... are not the go-to buyers that people will flock to.... show people that you guys are competitive and strong... get the volume.... then if you need to adjust pricing do it afterwards... thats my view at least....

Like I said Im an outsider... I have no clue your contact sellers ATM nore how well business is going with ore/enmatter trade.... saw one buyer at twins though...

Wolf, indeed you have a point with the reputation statement. And i asure you that in due time, circumstances will change and so will prices and services. It just takes time to get adjusted, gather contacts, work out deals and basicly get known.
Also, keep in mind that youre point of view is being taken into consideration and apriciated. And we promise to strive to better our service to suit as many people as possible, but like i mentioned, it takes some time.

Trust me I know time requirements :D.... you take a break you lose contacts.... gotta trade constantly and a lot.... when you start out you gotta get contacts... then you gotta grow your contacts.... then you gotta keep trading to grow them....

If your not around they go elsewhere and possibly end up with someone else :D....

Thats why I dont street trade much anymore... a lot of people not around and the time requirement is high :D... I have my soc and few contacts and I play with auctions a bit... then the rest of my time is donating money to MA.

Can anyone spell BUMP?

Website updated with new features, please see the changelog in opening post.

lies me never ? :D

you dont see what ?

:D wow what fast service we have here love it ! :)

oh and bump

Bump for a mate ! :)

The C.O.R.E now accepts item orders.

A Request form is available to everyone interested in purchasing any quantities of ores.

Simply fill out the form and leave some contact details email IM or other so we can get back to you and keep you informed during the process :)

http://www.entropiaCORE.com/request.php

Enjoy!

BUMP we go.

I think this deserves a bump.....:yay:

(...)
What i disliked most about traders back when i was mining on cnd, was this attitude of "chat me for prices". Well, i don't want to do that, maybe i don't even want to trade him, i just want the information to make my decision. So we made sure that you can have all of that on our site, without any discomforts of having to personally contact the buyer.
(...)

Exactly why i am considering to use this service :).

Prices mayby not that high but if i have lots of something i can sell it by myself on auction and if i have only small amounts of o/e but lots of different ones i think i will use this service. Of course i can go to Twin and look for o/e buyer. Probably i will find two or three there and i can ask them about prices and then i need to count everything (even if i will make sheet in excel it will take some time to keep the % update there) and choose the best trader.
And here i can just type in my stuff and do not worry about anything else.

Still not 100% sure if i will be commont client of this service but i wish you good luck :).

An advice/whish/request to the makers of the site:
Now you can only type in TT value of o/e. It would be much easier to type in also quantity of items (seems it will not be lots of work to do and would help a lot :)). I am thinking of implementing two ways of typing in input: there are two boxes: "Quantity" and "TT Value". When you fill one the seccond is automaticly filled (and of course indicates error if someone texts for example 0.01 TT value of Angelic grit when the amount should be divisible by 0.50)
@edit:
... and a "Clear all" button :).
@edit2:
... "Clear all" not necesery... "Calculate" nothing = "Clear all" ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:
Exactly why i am considering to use this service :).

Prices mayby not that high but if i have lots of something i can sell it by myself on auction and if i have only small amounts of o/e but lots of different ones i think i will use this service. Of course i can go to Twin and look for o/e buyer. Probably i will find two or three there and i can ask them about prices and then i need to count everything (even if i will make sheet in excel it will take some time to keep the % update there) and choose the best trader.
And here i can just type in my stuff and do not worry about anything else.

Still not 100% sure if i will be commont client of this service but i wish you good luck :).

An advice/whish/request to the makers of the site:
Now you can only type in TT value of o/e. It would be much easier to type in also quantity of items (seems it will not be lots of work to do and would help a lot :)). I am thinking of implementing two ways of typing in input: there are two boxes: "Quantity" and "TT Value". When you fill one the seccond is automaticly filled (and of course indicates error if someone texts for example 0.01 TT value of Angelic grit when the amount should be divisible by 0.50)
@edit:
... and a "Clear all" button :).
@edit2:
... "Clear all" not necesery... "Calculate" nothing = "Clear all" ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Cool advice :) i will add it to my TODO list

Also F5 (page refresh) will clear out the form
- unless you used the load option then it will re-load the original values

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

BUMP we go again.

Heres one more BUMP.

B.U.M.P. it

Here we go with the BUMPs again.

bumpty bump.