Help: Came back after 11 years

TontonX

Dominant
Society
LargeGamer.com
Marco Magnifico Schiffano
Didn't really know what to expect... Thanks to the support who identified me as the rightful owner of my account
(I had forgotten everything... nickname / password lol, even the account on this forum)

Now my avatar is nude (don't ask me why) with 600 peds... and it seems i am an "able" laser sniper...

I have a few questions...

1- Which "laser" weapon do you recommend me to buy in the auction ?

2- Which kind of armor ? I retrieved a post where i spoke about hunting argonauts / atroxs... so what's the most efficient armor for that ?

3- Finally... What are the best locations to hunt these things ?

ps. If you want to give me an advice like "forget laser weapons it sucks now after 11 years, better grab a sword and go hunt this XXX type of mob" i am all ears ! ^_^

Frankly i am even re-learning all the windows i have on my screen...

Thanks ! cheers.

you didnt get any of your stuff back?

And yes sword is better early on. You gain str to carry more weight, you get more hp from its skills. so it will make doing other things easier.

little argonauts are in the little island north of PA sweat camp across the river there... bigger ones are still on the other city of the Twin Peaks Mall

Iron missions on Calypso are now gone. Codex is the new thing. You get skill rewards for doing each level of codex so you might be better off killing a bunch of mobs instead of just going after one type of mob. I'd suggest going up to level 10 or so on each smaller mob before tanking argonauts..... some little mobs will let you go up a lot of levels in short amount of time. Hit icarus.

Didn't really know what to expect... Thanks to the support who identified me as the rightful owner of my account
(I had forgotten everything... nickname / password lol, even the account on this forum)

Now my avatar is nude (don't ask me why) with 600 peds... and it seems i am an "able" laser sniper...

2- Which kind of armor ? I retrieved a post where i spoke about hunting argonauts / atroxs... so what's the most efficient armor for that ?

ps. If you want to give me an advice like "forget laser weapons it sucks now after 11 years, better grab a sword and go hunt this XXX type of mob" i am all ears ! ^_^

Thanks ! cheers.
1. Without you stating your prof levels we are not able to give you a good recommendation.
2. Depends on your hp and evade. I can do troxies/argonauts naked. Adj pixie +5b should probably be descent though.
3. What maturity are you looking for?

My advice. Figure out what your goals are with the game now. What made you come back?
Once you figure out your goals you plan your budget for said goals.
Then it's a matter of time and persistence. Also learn all you can ask many people at higher levels make your own interpretation though. Try things, see what works and what doesn't.

If your goal is to have fun though, just stick with (L) and set a monthly budget for what you're willing to lose then only play next month if it runs out.

Welcome back. :clap:
with 600 peds... and it seems i am an "able" laser sniper...
"Able" puts you in the level 14-16 profession range.
With that level and that ped card, I'd start off by going through all the HUGE qty of starter missions. They're designed to help you learn the game and give some basic starter gear/loot.
When you've done all the missions you can on Caly, check out all starter missions on the other planets (if you can bum a ride)
However, do NOT carry any stackable loot off Caly. Space is lootable PVP and you can lose them. Gather your loot from all those starter missions as you go from planet to planet and gather them all onto Caly.

This should last you about a month or so, depending on in-game time you have.

Then you should have a slightly better ped card and understanding of the game.

Happy hoffing

WEll.. indeed we know his level.. he told us....
"Able" is a rank in profession panel... level 14
as 14 level i think he coudl be in the 6...8 evader
so get some weapon from TT adn go around to see what heppens

welcome back

After 11 Years I highly recommend getting acquainted with the Loot 2.0 mechanics and the introduction of Looter Professions. This is the biggest gameplay change that will influence your experience. There is lots of documentation out there on this subject, but to summarize.

-Loot return is calculated on incurred costs to kill.
-FAP and armor decay is now included, as well as overkill.
-"You missed" shots are NOT returned in loot
-Markup is never returned in loot.
-Therefore high dppec/crit gear and eco hunting is drastically less important than it was for TT return.
-Looter Professions now add 0.07% gains to TT return per level.
-Weapon "Efficiency" adds 0.07% gains to TT return per level

Therefore my strategy of a returning player is to acquire any half decent 60%-70% SIB Unlimited weapon combination that you are maxed on with you skills. Expensive high efficiency gear is nice but not critical, only spend what your bankroll will accommodate. With only 600 peds your choice will be limited, and until you choose to invest more into your avatar you might be better off with Limited options. Armatrix at low levels is expensive, especially laser, but you can buy cheaper looted weapons. Just sort the weapons tab by lowest bid/buyout and buy whatever maxed weapon you can find under 103% or so, you usually can't go wrong with that.
A very decently priced small Unlimited BLP pistol that i recommend to lower leveled players is the Oxypn BP S1x1. You can get them for like +20 or so PED, they are about the cheapest step up from the TT/Starter weapons that you can make.. Put an Armatrix 8P amp on it for the extra DPS and Efficiency and go shooting. You pay markup on the Limited Armatrix amp but these things last a while so the average markup cost relative to your cycle is still pretty low.
Then instead of hunting one particular mob, hunt multiple so you can take advantage of the skill and attribute rewards from the Codex system. As you can pick your skill reward, choose the ones that boost your looter professions, namely anatomy, perception, alertness, analysis, to name a few of my top picks.

Also, do both the gauntlet missions, you get some good rewards for doing it the first time.

The best SIB UL weapon you can use and afford. And by best we are speaking in terms of DPP. Better DPP means more kills for your money, better DPP means better loot composition. Critical hit bonuses won't affect loot composition, but still means you are killing more for less. So more kills, more MU loot, It is win-win so long as you aren't killing the same mobs that everyone else is killing and saying markup doesn't exist.
You don't need yet, when you do, Ghost with 5B plates. If you decide on animals and mutants, which you most likely will. Unless the MU leads you elsewhere.
Don't.
Hunt the highest level mob, with lowest HP, and best markup you can find. This will be easier to find in other planets. If you do that you'll give little crap about TT returns because you will get those hofs and globals with minimal worry about becoming broke before that happens.

If you plan on going far, stick to one combat profession until you've unlocked Commando, and preferably Killstrike too if you have the time and money. THEN you can move onto others say knife, to supplement your HP, evade, strength while stacking those unlocked skills in your gains.

Thank you all for your replies !

Yesterday evening i literally spent 2 hours in the game trying to figure out what i should do... (After 11 years it's like Amnesia -_-)

Thank you @Xanato Xan Kaso for melee advice and @mastermesh for the Codex, i began by buying a (L) short blade at the auctioneer and went to kill 2-3 forms of critters around Iratus, just to check if i could do it nude :LOL: without armor... Seems i can and already Rank 2 in one mob... Guess this grind is going to take a Looooooonnnnggg Time !

@Sub-Zero I don't really know what my goals are at the moment... To say the truth i have been away from Entropia for so long that i was thinking... let's check out Entropia and see if i could invest in that game :geek: The thing is... i also tell myself that investing in "land deeds" without any basic knowledge of the game could ruin me in no time :confused:

So i guess first i am going to kill mobs for a month, explore, understand the game and then join a society... I don't know maybe a society could help me to meet other investors who could give me hints on how to invest smart on the game ? I am willing to invest, i just want to make sure i'll do it the smart way.

reading the other posts ^_^

@JohnCapital okay so Codex and Missions it is then... I went to some NPC and he told me i wouldn't get any reward, if my highest weapon level was not below 10 or something and unfortunately in Laser weap i am at 15 :confused:

@Katie Chalmers Got my first skill reward yesterday evening and chosen short blades as i was using one... guess it was a wrong pick :( I don't know yet what the gauntlet are... saw a guy yesterday evening "anyone for gauntlet ?", but i thought he was selling one piece of armor :LOL:

Okay so Oxypn BP S1x1 + Armatrix 8P amp, and i am going to read the doc on Loot 2.0, surely i'll find a complete guide somewhere (y)

@Crabby Okay so i should stick to Laser Weaponry then as it's my highest level to reach commando / killstrike, stay nude and maybe buy a medical device (FAP ?) in case things go wrong. Going to check what this "markup" is, don't know yet...

Last edited:
you didnt get any of your stuff back?

And yes sword is better early on. You gain str to carry more weight, you get more hp from its skills. so it will make doing other things easier.
yeah and carrying more stuff its the winning path here right?

Do NOT forget to check The Daily missions EVERY day to get tokens for CDF guns.

IMO the Calamusoids at Fort Lahar are Great for skilling as a beginner and they have a daily mission with rewards parallel to the codex.

@JohnCapital okay so Codex and Missions it is then... I went to some NPC and he told me i wouldn't get any reward, if my highest weapon level was not below 10 or something and unfortunately in Laser weap i am at 15 :confused:
Walk south/downhill from Icarus TP, and you'll find a VTOL(ship) click it and you'll go to the newbie training location to start the beginner mission chain from there. That starts a LONG set of missions covering 1/2 of Eudoria that will last you a good while. Along those chains take this advice: When you see an NPC, click it.
Also you can go here
to see others you may miss along the way.

Also once you get sorted. You might be interested in my rental service. It is designed to save you costs on limited items but allow you the benefits of unlimited items. So you can skill faster without having to buy and sell weapons and use what suits you and skill what you want. I am working on getting a lot of lower level items for players leveling in various weapon professions. I have a perfect sword you can use for skilling melee. As well as pistols or rifles depending on your preference.

Also once you get sorted. You might be interested in my rental service. It is designed to save you costs on limited items but allow you the benefits of unlimited items. So you can skill faster without having to buy and sell weapons and use what suits you and skill what you want. I am working on getting a lot of lower level items for players leveling in various weapon professions. I have a perfect sword you can use for skilling melee. As well as pistols or rifles depending on your preference.
blatant advertising by Xanato :)

Yesterday evening i literally spent 2 hours in the game trying to figure out what i should do... (After 11 years it's like Amnesia -_-)

Hey!

I also started to play EU again after 11 years break. I can PM you ingame and we can support each other.

All the best,

Mike

Walk south/downhill from Icarus TP, and you'll find a VTOL(ship) click it and you'll go to the newbie training location to start the beginner mission chain from there. That starts a LONG set of missions covering 1/2 of Eudoria that will last you a good while. Along those chains take this advice: When you see an NPC, click it.
Also you can go here
to see others you may miss along the way.

Just a little feedback, i followed your advice (y) (partly... i went near the VTOL but spoke to the CDF guy)

And from there i literally spent 10 hours (if not a little more) following the chain of missions for CDF but also many other peeps, and whenever i encountered a npc with a questionmark floating above their head, i was speaking to them.

Courrier, Scouting, Robot camp, sunken cargo, cleaning caves, and now in a Fort surrounded by Robots :cool:

These missions are really a good way for a newcomer or a guy like me coming back after 11 years.

I am also surprised to often break even... 11 years ago i had to open my wallet every day :censored:

But i guess that's since the "Loot 2.0" update or something like that.

Anyway i am having a lot of fun. thanks again to you and the others :D

Good to hear you are enjoying yourself and re-learning the game. That's what matters.
i went near the VTOL but spoke to the CDF guy)
If you go back to that VTOL, you'll enter Thule, a "newbie training ground" with another mission chain that gives you a lil gun, perfect for the first few missions (that it sounds like you already did) plus a lil fap, mining gear and oh, yeah. A car. Yep, years after flying across multiple galaxies to chase the AI robots we set ahead of us, we finally learned how to construct vehicles. Ah progress! :ROFLMAO:

No, seriously, go to Thule and collect your freebies. Then go collect all the other freebies and have fun.

so, I save costs on L stuff, which I pay as rental fee to you?
How exactly does that help a noob?

Renting stuff is just wasting your ped for sure since none of the rent is returned as loot.
Might be wiser to just use L stuff without MU.
Any idea how many people TT looted L weapons and amps?
Just buy some L stuff for 100~101% instead.

Maybe your propostion might be interesting for mid/high lvl players who want to win events. But otherwise renting is just wasting ped.

As others has written, daily missions are good. Chose all of them every day even if you dont craft or mine. Sometimes they (as hunting missions) gives bonus missions (20 tokens), the bonus crafts/mining missions are very easy. The weapons you can get with the tokens last pretty long. Also get an p20 extender to extend their life (by taking 20% of the decay).
At Fort Fury there's a mission that lets you exchange 50 "shards" (dont remember name) for 4 daily tokens. The shards you get at the feff-pit SW of fury, a little more than 1 small jump, a great place to teem bigger things (automatic team).
And as someone else suggested, look for eveys posts, not only is he helpful and knowledable he also links all MA's posts about loot 2.0
And welcome!

(20 tokens), the bonus crafts/mining missions are very easy. The weapons you can get with the tokens last pretty long. Also get an p20 extender to extend their life (by taking 20% of the decay).
not sure about this. I remember reading something about this. Someone tested it, and I think the conclusion was that it doesnt make sense to use a P20 on token (or ELM) weapons.
Wasn't it so that the extender decay was higher than the actual weapon decay?

Anybody that can confirm this?

Last edited:
not sure about this. I remember reading something about this. Someone tested it, and I think the conclusion was that it doesnt make sense to use a P20 on token (or ELM) weapons.
Wasn't it so that the extender decay was higher than the actual weapon decay?

Anybody that can confirm this?
CDF 20,40,60 guns with extender actually increase overall decay. (gun decay as normal, extender also decays.)
CDF 80, 100 work as per expected with extender.(~20% of the decay is taken by the extender)
ELM I would think works ok as the decay is drastically higher than CDF. The problem comes down to a rounding issue with the very small decay numbers of the lower end CDF. This is only speculative though because I am not silly enough to use ELM.

Last edited:
so, I save costs on L stuff, which I pay as rental fee to you?
How exactly does that help a noob?

Renting stuff is just wasting your ped for sure since none of the rent is returned as loot.
Might be wiser to just use L stuff without MU.
Any idea how many people TT looted L weapons and amps?
Just buy some L stuff for 100~101% instead.

Maybe your propostion might be interesting for mid/high lvl players who want to win events. But otherwise renting is just wasting ped.
You are correct, rental fees are not returned in loot. but neither is markup for items such as limited weapons of any sort. Getting the old weapons for 101-105% is the best way to do it, but they are not in steady supply, so I compete with the armatrix market. And I can tell you hands down that using my service is cheaper than using the armatrix weapons because I price my rentals as such. (Except for when competitions like mayhem or goldrush are around because most of my weapons are high tiered weapons with the goal of giving people the opportunity to actually win without the same level of investment.
CDF 20,40,60 guns with extender actually increase overall decay. (gun decay as normal, extender also decays.)
CDF 80, 100 work as per expected with extender.(~20% of the decay is taken by the extender)
ELM I would think works ok as the decay is drastically higher than CDF. The problem comes down to a rounding issue with the very small decay numbers of the lower end CDF. This is only speculative though because I am not silly enough to use ELM.
Yes, using p20s with the cdf/ELM weapons is a waste because of the rounding errors, unless you get one of the super high tier rate items where you can get it to tier 4+ it is not worth using an extender but the rounding errors vs longer lasting high tier limited item is more of a personal choice.

Do NOT forget to check The Daily missions EVERY day to get tokens for CDF guns.

IMO the Calamusoids at Fort Lahar are Great for skilling as a beginner and they have a daily mission with rewards parallel to the codex.
Fort Lahar is where i am now after 20 good hours exploring the world doing plenty of CDF and newbie missions :D

And i think i am going to stay at Lahar for a while... lvl 4 combibos and kerberos are just what i need, not too weak, not too strong, perfect (y)

also i joined a society : University of EU. (maybe i'll benefit from their knowledge)

Thanks ! cheers.
(1) I don't recommend buying in auction, I recommend sticking to the gold pack / bukins / tt lasers, the math works out better. The gold pack amp is nice.
(2) Doesn't matter which armor you use, these days it's about markup. BUT any armor is better than no armor (more efficient than healing). Beyond that, you can tune your hunt to match your armor by selecting reasonable mobs.
(3) Literally anywhere. Time and location are irrelevant. This is an advantage because it allows you to choose mobs that match your setup, not the other way around.
(4) I recommend the CDF guns that you can buy with daily tokens (from daily missions). Grab some dailys, abandond whatever you don't enjoy, repeat. The daily guns are a very pleasant boost.
(5) Take your sweet time learning codex. Its rewards won't go away, you can play with them when bored.

Oh and it's still all about lasers. Enjoy.

Back