Can I limit "New Posts" to certain sub-forums?

Cani Ostro

Stalker
Cani Monkey Ostro
Clicking through 10 pages of 50 ped globals and such, just to read the 3 or 4 interesting threads I was wondering.

I usually click on the top menu the "New Posts". Therefore I receive all new posts since my last visit.

Can I configure this somehow so that only new posts from certain forums are shown and not all there is?

Thanks for any hint.

Try playing with some of the settings suggested in this post:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/818192-post10.html

I think the way EF names the forums has changed quite a bit since that post was made so you may need to do some experimenting.

Thanks for the link. I tried some of the described version already, but I think it failed because it changed and the IDs are no longer visible and/or valid to use.

I was hoping there was something I missed in the user section.

Would be great if you just could click the forum on and off for this menu item.

And second I don't want to fumble around to much with commands and give 711 sleepless minutes thinking a scriptkiddie is trying something, lol :p

I personally would like to see some sort of list with checkboxes where you can enable and disable your choice of sub-forms.

First to go would be the buying and selling sections.

I have installed an addon which allows members to exclude individual forums or subforums from the New Posts search tool.

Members can select excluded forums from the UserCP > Edit Options page:

9344-exclude-new-posts.jpg

Enjoy :cool:

***Notes***
  • Make sure to press the Save Changes button after selecting the desired excluded forums.
  • Forums selected here will only be excluded from the New Posts search results page. Normal forum searches will still return results from all forums and subforums.
  • Selections do not cascade down from parent forums; for example, selecting only "Off Topic" will not exclude results from the "Fun Stuff" subforum from appearing. You must highlight all forums and subforums that you wish to exclude.
  • Certain forums cannot be selected for exclusion, such as MindArk News and Entropia Universe News.
  • To reset your forum exclusions to show all search results in New Posts highlight only the topmost option None and click the Save Changes button.

I have installed an addon which allows members to exclude individual forums or subforums from the New Posts search tool.

***Notes***
  • Make sure to press the Save Changes button after selecting the desired excluded forums.
  • Forums selected here will only be excluded from the New Posts search results page. Normal forum searches will still return results from all forums and subforums.
  • Selections do not cascade down from parent forums; for example, selecting only "Off Topic" will not exclude results from the "Fun Stuff" subforum from appearing. You must highlight all forums and subforums that you wish to exclude.
  • Certain forums cannot be selected for exclusion, such as MindArk News and Entropia Universe News.
  • To reset your forum exclusions to show all search results in New Posts highlight only the topmost option None and click the Save Changes button.

Nice addition!!!!

Thanks m8! :)

Nice addition !! :dance:

***Notes***

Brilliant!

:woot: Thanks 723 ;)

You work to hard !

nice adition.

can I also remove the threads started by people in my ignore list?

GREAT !!!

It just did reduced my "new post" count from 1947 to 83 :yay:

nice addition indeed, might come handy! good job 711 :)

Awesome. Thanks a lot, 711.

I was really arguing with myself about visiting EF lately because the useless posts grew immensely the past six month. Instead of the the usual 3-4 pages after about 24h I had to work through 10-12 pages just to read 2 or 3 threads maybe.

Right on time :)

***Notes***

Edit: Works as intented. Down to just five pages. YAY.

Last edited:
Back