Can you affect personal loot cycles?

1. Why do someting that doesnt pay

1. Hey Captain Obvious, have a rock. And test it on your forehead.

How are you supposed to know if something pays or not if you're not doing it in first place? :bull:

Hey Captain Obvious, have a rock. And test it on your forehead.

How are you supposed to know if something pays or not if you're not doing it in first place? :bull:

Rocks in head maybe ? :D

For some, sarcasm goes right ovet the head :rolleyes:

Seriously tho there is not much you can really do increase your loot (LUCK) cycles.

If I am having a bad run I do not chase a win and come back another time and hopefully luck has changed.

I do find if you seem to have more luck in a certain period or time frame utilise that.

Jung

dont play for some time - if it is more than two months, your chances of hitting "hooking" hofs are much bigger.

There is nothing else. Only way how to affect your bad loot cycle is not playing for some time.

Thats my experience

I dont know where the quote was from someone at MA, but they said take bombs out of tt, then sell bombs back to tt , you get 100% return. That's the only way I know how to affect my loot cycle.

Or, if you wanted to play, you could just keep depositing and burning through the peds utill you hit something, or not...

I was getting a shit load of MISS and No looters on my drones last night, I was like, wtf is going on, its never THIS bad. So I moved to Ithica, did a couple TP jumps and hit two small Trox globals in a few minutes of each other, and then logged out. I knew I was ahead for that 100 ped run anyway. I'm just skilling for fun, so I'm not really expecting anything anyway, but it is nice to get a little back every once in a while.

Whenever I see that I am getting bad returns on a hunt I just switch to a different mob until I find one that is looting well that day;)

Works for me, also I found that hunting a mob that no one else is hunting at that time almost always give me better loot. If I see everyone is spamming trox globals I will do ambu. Etc. etc.

Simple answer....yes, deposit. It does`nt guarantee profit but most times it will increase your loot over what it had been in my experience and most everyone I know.

Nope, doesn't work (or, at least in my experience, doesn't work any better than random chance.) I've depo'd enough to be sure, but one example was one weekend where I depo'd 20k peds for oa 101's and didn't even hit a hof.

yes, change your current work, ie change from hunting to crafting or mining and so on. When those go bad change to something else again.

I can also refute this theory: I have, on three occasions, been on all three HOF lists (although one time I had sub-200 crafts). I have also, on many occasions, had bad returns in all three professions.

If returns for me usually sucks ********* then I log off and try to not log back in for a couple of days, that way the loot is usually better when I log back on....

I have done tests with logging off/on at intervals of seconds, minutes, days, and months. The last test, I logged off for 6 months. When I came back, I got a handful of mining hofs, but nothing over 500 ped.

I also just tested this past week: I depo'd 3k ped, and logged off for a week. I got a 400 pedder, but that's it.

1) Wait it over ;
2) change tools, areas, target;
3) change professions;
4) go on extremely eco to minimize the loss and go for the biggest payer of the moment.

1. It can be inconsistent, but also, there's a chance you will miss a good loot cycle. I recently hit a bunch of 500-1k prots in the space of a week. If I had logged out after the first one and waited, who's to say I would have gotten the others?
2. I normally change tools all the time, and even between drops (tk320 and mt1000). I can say that either alternating them or using the same one for a long time has no effect.
3. Tried that (see above.)
4. Ultra eco works, but only to a certain point. After say bery's, it's very difficult. Lower than bery, if you are doing say 20 ped ammo per 1 hour run, 120% return is a complete waste of time. You get the same return sweating.

Beeing into hunting, mining and crafting I would say the only profession where you can influence your loot is mining. Find places with resources with good markup, avoid those with resources with bad markup.

Tried that. I usually mine on CND, and I know which domes have alic, garc, gazz, binary, xeremite (yes, there is xeremite there) etc. If you are on a down cycle, it doesn't matter how many bombs you drop in the domes with the high MU finds.

I have also gotten a 1k find of oil, and in my 1.7K longtooth hof, the 3 guns I got were all TT fodder.

another way to change loot luck is to move to Sweden, take a 2 month break, then get out there and hit a fat fresco HOF :)
(atleast that worked for me :) )

I'll let you know if it works. :D

1. Hunters: Hunt the mob that pays.

2. Miners: same Crafters:Same.

So simple :D

Why do someting that doesnt pay

Tried. What I found is that if you are in a good loot cycle, it doesn't matter what you do. You can hof on simple I conductors or jester d-1's, for example. I've globalled on electropositive modulators and basic sensors. See below for a hunting test.

Whenever I see that I am getting bad returns on a hunt I just switch to a different mob until I find one that is looting well that day;)

Works for me, also I found that hunting a mob that no one else is hunting at that time almost always give me better loot. If I see everyone is spamming trox globals I will do ambu. Etc. etc.

When I was in a good loot cycle, I went from prot, to levi, to atrax to atrox, and got a global on every single mob type in the space of about an hour. There's no such thing as good monster/bad monster/hot monster, imho.

Another time, there were about 5 groups of us killing levi at the same time. I got 3 globals, and I was the only one in the water who was getting globals at all.

Last edited:
:wise:

Tip: Don't start a thread asking for advise and then spend a wall of text telling everyone they are wrong.
:whiner:

JEHU

another way to change loot luck is to move to Sweden, take a 2 month break, then get out there and hit a fat fresco HOF :)
(atleast that worked for me :) )

Not sure on the move to Sweden thing. But from what I have seen lately (past 6 months) when someone takes a break for a month or two (who have normally cycled quite a few peds) they seem to come back to an incredibly lucky streak. Whether it is all pure luck, the emptying of personal loot pool, MA hoping to hook you back by giving you goodies, or coincidence, no one but MA knows. :confused::confused:

You probably can affect personal loot cycle.

Its simple:

1. personal lootpool - depends on your personal losses

2. public lootpool (big hofs) - lottery

3. MA's "lootpool" - MA choose uber depositor

Example for 1.:
Drop 50 bombs with oa109 at same spot and log out. Log in after few days and try hunting. You will have great hunting run, but you will lose total (~70% return).
Anyway its a nice trick for hunting events. ;)

Example for 2.:
Small amount of losses collected from every player (in specific profession or specific mob) - it takes slightly more time (depends how much ppl hunt specific mob) but at the end random player gets all.

Example for 3.:
There is no need for interpretation. ;)

These are just my views ..im probably wrong :p

Not sure on the move to Sweden thing. But from what I have seen lately (past 6 months) when someone takes a break for a month or two (who have normally cycled quite a few peds) they seem to come back to an incredibly lucky streak. Whether it is all pure luck, the emptying of personal loot pool, MA hoping to hook you back by giving you goodies, or coincidence, no one but MA knows. :confused::confused:

Thought this too as it "seemingly" worked last year, but no, it's another myth, my PED card can attest to that ;)

Back