Can you affect personal loot cycles?

Simple answer....yes, deposit. It does`nt guarantee profit but most times it will increase your loot over what it had been in my experience and most everyone I know.

Tried the depo to force uber loots or good returns.. yes it works but not for long.. the force bellringers get further and further apart the more you depo to force them..and eventually they just stop

I know someone as well that just went this route and is now in the you aint getting shit phase no matter what you do.

yes, change your current work, ie change from hunting to crafting or mining and so on. When those go bad change to something else again.

yes, change your current work, ie change from hunting to crafting or mining and so on. When those go bad change to something else again.

Its scary but it works... It also means you are better off waiting until your hunting / mining results turn bad before you craft what you received. If hunting and mining results are really below your average, chances are good crafting still gives at least your average returns. It doesn't mean you can't be having a bad time in everything, and there are really more than 3 professions anyways.

So basically people are saying do whatever gives you the best return at the moment? The interesting part is being able to predict what is going to give you the best return at any particular time before you try it. That's the problem no one appears to have cracked.

If returns for me usually sucks ********* then I log off and try to not log back in for a couple of days, that way the loot is usually better when I log back on....

I doubt there is "personal loot pools/cycles" honestly, I just think that a huge % of the population is affected of it from time to time, when it is bad.. Take a break, come back in a few days and try the loot out, if it is better just go pew pew and hopefully "profit" or gain some easy skills (breaking even on ammo/decay ends up in you have the same amount of cash, but more skills :yay:)

David has a great point.... the thing is.... if you go hunting which is your main profession and wait till your average return is shit... then statistically since we the EU community predicts 90% avrg return over long term.... that whatever you do next will surely be better.... Even if you do another hunting your run... chances are itll be better then before....
(As long as your not being mega uneco)

So like David said... its impossible to predict which path to do to get best results.... whether you pick Rock, Paper, or Scissors you dont know what MA will pick and therefore you wont know if your better off or worse off.
(TT return that is)

To add to Ace Flyster`s post:

The only thing depositors gain is the additional present in christmass, haloween etc. (which can be also obtained by owning an estate).

On the subject - well you can influence a bit by switching to different proffesions but in average tt return will be the same (ofc markup can differ) as usuall.

so many theories how to get better loot,

I tried the depositing a couple times - didnt work.
I tried the "buy a new armour/gun" a couple times - didnt work.
I even tried to burn peds a couple times (with color skilling, works great cuz there is no loot) - didnt work.

seems some ppl are just not meant to get loot :eyecrazy:

I would love to find out how to get some good loot with my cursed avatar :D

1.read about entropy in thermodynamics on wiki, till u see similarities. If u don't see it read again

2.try increase entropy in system (treat ingame universe like a system)

3.act like maxwell's daemon (when u increasing entropy be sure you do it loot wise on your side - yes changing activity after good loot ,glob or hof works)

Good and bad cycles are just imagination of your mind about normal statistical fluctuation of results (call it whatever u want in EU - multiplier, luck...)

For example:

If u do everything correct you should be worried when u get glob while kiling small daikis or craft filters - that mean u understand that u just wasted "good oportunity" on low costly activity and such oportunities are rare.

that whatever you do next will surely be better.... Even if you do another hunting your run... chances are itll be better then before....
(As long as your not being mega uneco)

Dude don't speak big words. So far out of all EU participants I saw this fabled 90% return confirmed by two logs.

My latest log is 1.8k ped on card -> 60 ped on card mining unamped one week with constant 75% tt return.

Should I deposit more hoping I'll go toward 90% because you say so?

Ontopic no, I think you can only bend over and accept what MA has for you.

FYI:

Frank|FPC: To everybody: ...None whatsoever, never has been , never will be

Rgds

Ace

Ohhh sounds like "The X files" ;) Things that goverment says does not exist, but people believe so much. Why people believe in that? Maybe because practice does not support the theories or public declarations? We need here Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. :D

1) Wait it over ;
2) change tools, areas, target;
3) change professions;
4) go on extremely eco to minimize the loss and go for the biggest payer of the moment.

PS: thing is that very few players have similar proficiencies in all professions.

The way to get 100% returns:

1. Go to the TT, spend all peds on ammo
2. Go sweat
3. Go and sell all ammo back to the TT
4. Sell the sweat.
5. Go and log on to Entropiaforum and brag about how awesome you are because you got back more than 100% on your hunt (don't mention that it was a hunt for sweat)

FYI:

Frank|FPC: To everybody: There's no discrimation or preferrencial treatment given to anybody based on either personal relationships or deposits etc. None whatsoever, never has been , never will be

Link: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rum-chatroom-session-frank-fpc-simon-fpc.html

Rgds

Ace

Well.......:scratch: what would you expect MA/FPC to say. They would lose a big section of player base myself included if they said the opposite and they know it.

I've kind of gone beyond all that anyways these days. Sad thing is that I don't even run FRAPs anymore when I play. FRAP worthy events on my own just don't happen anymore no matter how much I grind, SGA was a sad reality of that.

I know when I am in a bad loot cycle so I will test the waters of each profession if I have the energy for it. Otherwise I just sign off and contemplate quotes like the one you listed and play something else I do have more control over.

Posted via Mobile Device

What do you do when mining, crafting and hunting are averaging about 20% returns suddenly no matter what you do? :(

Did a 100 click run on OA 101 (L) with a bp that had QR 49.2. Had 6 globals and not one was a full tt amp or with residue. I am level 21 attach engineer. :scratch2:

Lost 400 peds mining up at CND running with no amps.

Killing Proteron young and losing on average about 8 peds each and I am level 27 evader barely fapping wearing Nemesis/5bplates. No global. No decent loot at all.

That was one days loss of about 1200 peds and other then the gambling on the amps it was mostly eco and at my level.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/uberloots/185827-1509-ped-proteron-hof-best-solo-hunt-loot-so-far.html

Last edited:
Yes, there are things you can do to shift your luck or even pop a global (sometimes), but in the long run it will even out.

It depends on what scale you're thinking of changing your loot cycle; let's say you're averaging 70% return. I have serious doubts that anyone can change this to profit... constantly, no matter what you do.

However, if you're aiming for 90% to even, I believe you can adjust that (others posted how before me).

Also very important: I don't think you change the cycle overnight. The big question is, how long would it take? 2 days? 2 weeks?

What do you do when mining, crafting and hunting are averaging about 20% returns suddenly no matter what you do? :(

Did a 100 click run on OA 101 (L) with a bp that had QR 49.2. Had 6 globals and not one was a full tt amp or with residue. I am level 21 attach engineer. :scratch2:

Lost 400 peds mining up at CND running with no amps.

Killing Proteron young and losing on average about 8 peds each and I am level 27 evader barely fapping wearing Nemesis/5bplates. No global. No decent loot at all.

That was one days loss of about 1200 peds and other then the gambling on the amps it was mostly eco and at my level.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-proteron-hof-best-solo-hunt-loot-so-far.html

then ur in the wrong place and clicking/hunting the wrong thing.

Last edited:
so basicly if we summ things up

the only way you can be sure about how to affect your personal loot cycle is ->

to stop hunt/mine/craft :)

Beeing into hunting, mining and crafting I would say the only profession where you can influence your loot is mining. Find places with resources with good markup, avoid those with resources with bad markup.
So thats the only chance to turn a 60% tt-return run into a break even or profit .
Also don't forget your skills. They have value and have to be taken into the cash-return-balance.

another way to change loot luck is to move to Sweden, take a 2 month break, then get out there and hit a fat fresco HOF :)
(atleast that worked for me :) )

another way to change loot luck is to move to Sweden, take a 2 month break, then get out there and hit a fat fresco HOF :)
(atleast that worked for me :) )

Right, it's all about time, place and equipment.
So, 9am, MA server room plus assault rifle could be a combination to force your loot into a certain direction...
I doubt the joy would last long tho :lolup:

1. Hunters: Hunt the mob that pays.

2. Miners: same Crafters:Same.

So simple :D

Why do someting that doesnt pay

Back