Can you computer handle it? (poll)

Do you think your computer can handel the new grafic-engine?

• Yes, absolutly!

Votes: 86 37.9%
  • Yea I guess so...

Votes: 52 22.9%
  • No, absolutly not!

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • Hmm, don't think so :/

Votes: 41 18.1%
  • I don't know at all...

Votes: 22 9.7%

• Total voters

Kujo

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Kijusho Kujo Lee
Í was thinking, with the new graficengine comming and after looking at the trailer from other games useing it (at Entropia Universe site), do you think your computer can handel this grafic or do you have to make and uppgrade / buy a new one?

The change from what we have in game now and what I saw in the trailer is huge, I guess many will have to uppgrade some hardware.

I upgraded for cysis so a total bonus for me EU getting the cryengine :)

ASUS M2N32-SLI DLX
AM2 5000+ oc'ed at 3.1g
Dual SLI 7950GT 512Mb
2Gb OCZ DDR2 Plat Rev2 DC mode

all watercooled and eagerly waiting to be tested on cryengin2 :)

This comp should be able to run it, but only for basic graphics. If I find the money I would surely upgrade to enjoy such eye candy ;) But since I'm eagerly tracking each pec..... that might take a while :laugh:

Yes I can handle it. My mobo supports SLI, so I might get another gfx card if my FPS is too low, though. :)

I suspect I will have to buy a new computer for full functionality :(

But on the other hand I am due to a new one anyway , been grinding with my current beast for about 6 years I think , if not longer;)

Back then my 1800 Athlon processor with 1Gig ram was the shit , now its just a piece of junk :eek:

GR

Castro

Nope, and why my new computer system was ordered this last Friday. Here are the mini-specs. Full details of the new system with bells and whistles is here.

Mini-specs:

Dell XPS 720 Black:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6850 (2MB L2 Cache, 3.0 GHz, 1333 FSB)
2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz OC'd to 1066MHz-2 DIMMs
768MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

I would say I'll be prepared ... and I'm looking forward to taking my new dream machine for a major test drive. My brother also pre-ordered me the new game associated with the CryEngine, which is due for release on November 16th, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

I'll be ready to start my engine when MA is! :wtg:

Last edited:
Intel core2 extreme QX6850 3.0 ghz 8Mb cache 1333Mhz FSB (overclocked to 3.3)
alienware approved nforce 680sli MO
Dual 768MB nvidia 8800 GTX SLI enabled
4Gb Extreme performance 800mhz ddr2 sdram
1 terra serial ATA 3 Gb/s

all with customised high performance liquid cooling

I guess my bottleneck will be with MA's servers. (as usual)

:D

No hurry to upgrade tho lol, we'll be luck if it's ready next winter.

I guess it won't. My current configuration is p4-2.6ghz, 1gb ram, x1650pro 256mb agp (just upgraded from the nvidia fx5600 64mb, got an additional 10 fps, 25 total :D).

ASUS M2N32-SLI DLX
AM2 5000+ oc'ed at 3.1g
Dual SLI 7950GT 512Mb

You call that a PC upgraded for crysis ?

You know Crysis is better with DX 10... why havent you bought a DX 10 card ?
You know Crysis has been optimized for quad core too... why havent you bought a quad core ?
You know Intel >>>> AMD... why havent you bought at least a core 2 duo ?

For the same price, you could have gotten a Q6600 with a 8800 GTS which is, imo, better and at least its a real upgrade for Crysis. And more games will come out which will use more the quad-core.

LULZ

Nope, and why my new computer system was ordered this last Friday. Here are the mini-specs. Full details of the new system with bells and whistles is here.

Mini-specs:

Dell XPS 720 Black:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6850 (2MB L2 Cache, 3.0 GHz, 1333 FSB)
2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz OC'd to 1066MHz-2 DIMMs
768MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

I would say I'll be prepared ... and I'm looking forward to taking my new dream machine for a major test drive. My brother also pre-ordered me the new game associated with the CryEngine, which is due for release on November 16th, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

I'll be ready to start my engine when MA is! :wtg:

That's what I call a PC ready for Crysis :eek:

But I didn't know granny needed uber computer :D

Btw, my computer should be ready for the CryEngine, well, at least it's ready for Crysis even if its an old computer, there are a loooooooot of option that you can configure, so, if MA does a good job (???), it should be ready for CryEngine in EU too which will be in 1+ year probably :p

Very nice ... when customizing my system, I thought about the 4Gb ram, but I heard that it would have been overkill ... is there any truth to this? I'll probably add another Gb, but not sure it's needed. Also, why two 768MB Nvidia 8800's ... wouldn't one be able to handle it nicely? Any comments?

my machine should cope reasonably well, but really we have no idea until its implemented. we might get some indication with the grpahics update when that arrives. i certainly wouldnt upgrade now for something happening in Q2 2008 or later, whatever you're buying now will be at least 25% cheaper by then.

Very nice ... when customizing my system, I thought about the 4Gb ram, but I heard that it would have been overkill ... is there any truth to this? I'll probably add another Gb, but not sure it's needed. Also, why two 768MB Nvidia 8800's ... wouldn't one be able to handle it nicely? Any comments?

Well its better for you to get another 2 gig if any RAM at all, as I believe its better to match your RAM with what youve already got, to keep timings the same. Correct me if im wrong, Im still learning about these things.

The GFX card your getting is very good for almost every game on the market, but unfortunately the Dx10 games go to a new uber generation of graphics, and no card on the market can run them with the top settings on their own.

Saying this, people do like to be picky with these things. it depends alot on what resolution your wanting to run on. If youve got a 19" screen and are fine with 1280x740 (or whatever it is) then one will probably be ok. Its when you start getting this huge monitors that people will need better resolutions. Course you can set these with almost all monitors, but sizes close to 2000xXXXX arne't necesary really on small screens. All depends on how uber you want it to be ...

you can go on forever, get an extra 8800gts, swap for a quad core processor, ect, ect...

I think It should be fine for medium resolutions and medium graphics. but anyway, it will blow almost any other game out there on the market out of the water with max settings and resolution.

For this game 4gb will probably be overkill, I use however the same pc for my work (that is once it will be delivered, like at the end of this week if i can believe alienware) security managment and sporadic Oracle db checks (the 24Mb line from the job is a nice "bonus") and aswell for managing my rl real estate (those built and those in construction).

However, as i enter my 3rd bachelor history this evening (night studies, actually more dawn studies irl) I guess most of my time on this bomb will be either spent on work and papers then on EU.

Dual vc: Many screens on my old beasty. (soon to be retired) Always a hassle if i post screenies since i have to edit out the other screens. (very good to watch a movie whille crafting though)

ASUS M2N32-SLI DLX
AM2 5000+ oc'ed at 3.1g
Dual SLI 7950GT 512Mb

Same as u i updated :

ABIT FP - IN9 SLI Fatal1ty
Core 2duo E6700
4 Giga DDR2 Crucial Balistic
GC 8800 GTS 640 MO fridged and modified by Calibre.
HDD Western Digital Caviar SE16 250 Go SATA II

I cant wait:)

Not sure if my current PC can handle it, but planning to buy a new one fall next year, a few months before cryEngine.

where i see al those things :S i dunno

with that setup you could run 2x cryengines at the same time ;)

I'm pretty sure I won't have any problems too, if they do arise, I'll just overclock, no problem :)

Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz overclocked to 3.6GHz
Asus P5B Mobo
2x 1GB DDR2-800MHz 4-4-4-12 timings (55ns latency)
Club3D 8800GTS 640MB 500Mhz/1600MHz overclocked to 680MHz/2200MHz

According to futuremark:
Your rank: 90068 out of 2432885. You scored better than 96% of all systems.

3Dmark Project page 1
3Dmark Project page 2

Same as u i updated :

ABIT FP - IN9 SLI Fatal1ty
Core 2duo E6700
4 Giga DDR2 Crucial Balistic
GC 8800 GTS 640 MO fridged and modified by Calibre.
HDD Western Digital Caviar SE16 250 Go SATA II

I cant wait:)

u have a 8800 I have an 2xDX9 only vid card. I dont mind tho the thingn i love about PC gaming is revisting old dust titles when u upgrade again :)

I feel pretty safe with my build...

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 DualCore 6000+
RAM: DDR2(333 MHz), 1024 MBytes x2 (total 2Gb ram)
Grafic: GeForce 8800 GTS

Allso SLI if needed but dont think I need too use it.
And room for another 2Gb ram :)

Just bought a new laptop. It's got a decent duo core and 8600 graphics card, so should get me through for now. Need to build a new home pc, anyway.

This brings up another question, though. Any news on the Vista situation? I've got it up and running, but it still crashes every time I die.

I can run FEAR on my current rig so the Cryengine shouldn't be a problem. Unreal Engine is what I am worried about requiring me to upgrade

Who cares ...EU can't run me right now. :laugh:

That's something hardware can't solve at our end.

Loverly bragging section though. ...

t

Vista situation....awesomely crap. The current default installed OS not supported fully?

Who cares ...EU can't run me right now. :laugh:

That's something hardware can't solve at our end.

Loverly bragging section though. ...

t

Vista situation....awesomely crap. The current default installed OS not supported fully?

And why I ordered my new system with XP! :D Bragging? ... I think we're just responding to the threadstarter's question/poll! I fully intended ordering a new system, but if I hadn't done it yet, I would have put my current specs here and got some input from others, but I've already done that, so now I'm just in a holding pattern. :wtg:

How many is using Windows vista ? thats needed to get the most out of the cryengine. Dx10

i dont think mine will have any chance. heck im gonna have problems with the VU9.0 upgrades .... GF4-TI4200 :(

Well, i run on Vista premium edition. This OS is very more basic than xp. He is more like window 2000 pro, but u have more security.
And infact, EU is more fluid on Vista than XP.

Back