Help: Cannot enter 10.6.2

I got that, reinstalled the game, and now it works :)

if you have interrupted the patching, you get corrupt files.
if this had happened you will need to reinstall entropia or replace the corrupt files with the ones from a correct install

Guess what? my installer fucked it up also >.>

Last edited:
I spend more time reinstalling entropia than i do playing it

The baked potato....

(sounds.pak file takes 4 minutes)

I have the same problem :(

The baked potato....

(sounds.pak file takes 4 minutes)

To me it was the terrain.pak that appeared to be stuck after countless minutes. Indeed I better re-install completely. Thnx all!

I got that, reinstalled the game, and now it works :)

Re-installing does not work at all. I click to download the free client software. I get the download for the installer (around 4 mb). Then I install that, click to some screens and get the client-loader already. nothing happens anymore and if I click "Launch" I only receive the message that Entropia.exe does not exist.

WTF?!

Please help!

:scratch2: i got the area you try to enter is reach population limit try another.
i click continue and boom i am out. :confused: :eek: :(

ive already

a friend of mine cant log in after this VU,
he's already reinstalled twice this month and can't again in till next month (bandwidth limits) :rolleyes:

ive reinstalled (at about 166 kb/s) and annoyingly is still is corrupt :scratch2:

lol even the file i have to send to support doesn't even excise

Last edited:
If you are trying to reinstall;
First uninstall Entropia.
Second delete Entropia folder from your HDD.
Third remove all registry entries related to Entropia.
Fourth install.

nb: reinstalling will not always fix problems (eg: I have a problem where I can't move more than 1 step at a time and all animation is super jittery and superfast, reinstalling did nothing, I still can't move). MA need to skill up their programming.

I can log in but I can't see my ava no machines or other avas and I can't move.

:confused:

I can log in but I can't see my ava no machines or other avas and I can't move.

:confused:

I still can't move either (just installed update) nor can I see anything inside buildings, or TT/Repair or any other machines.
Really don't want to reinstall lol... so much bandwidth wasted on EU already! :eek:

uninstall EU

download the latest full-download from the website (you'll have to search for the link)

reinstall EU

pain in the ass but it works

After this update I get stuck after "Launch", and after a few mins @ taskmanager it says "not responding..."

bah :(

i have reinstalled twice after the corrupt cliant data message, now every time i try to play it downloads the patch, and gets stuck installing it with the patch dialog box not responding. same problem here with the terrain part taking an aeon to get through. after the first reinstall yesterday though it got stuck in an update loop, redoing the same patch until i cancelled on right at the beginning, then i could log on for one session, then same problems again :(

reinstal till it work
for it worked at 4 th reinstalation

ive removed all the traces, as far as i know, going to attempt reinstallation 2 :laugh:

Thank you all for your contributions so far. Seems I have some options to try tonight :).

when it uninstalls, seams it just removes client loader. All the files are still in your all programs folder :rolleyes:

This morning im getting about x4 greater dl speeds then last night, which im pleased with.

Took over 6 hours to dl first go lol.

the link on the site seems to be broken. 10.6.2 is not downloading for me. there is another way to download it?

the link on the site seems to be broken. 10.6.2 is not downloading for me. there is another way to download it?

taken down to stop more people downloading the corrupt files???? :scratch2:

i tried all suggestions in this thread and all others and nothing has worked, i click on the app after download and my computer does nothing, i cant even open the download to try and install it...im pissed off

I can understand MA not telling us how to make peds but them keeping silent when people can't play the game is just pathetic display of incompetence.:mad:

i tried all suggestions in this thread and all others and nothing has worked, i click on the app after download and my computer does nothing, i cant even open the download to try and install it...im pissed off

Same here, check my support case:

""
History for support case 177202

2009-12-21 18:04 You wrote:

Hey support,

Please check this screenshot. This is the screen that I keep getting after I downloaded VU10.6.2..

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=227522&c=20

Can you please tell me what I can do to get things right again?

Thanks,

Kemp

2009-12-22 15:12 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for your report. If you receive this error message, something has gone wrong in the process of updating your client. In most cases this means that you have to perform a reinstallation of Entropia Universe.
Make sure that you check if the installation folder is still present after the uninstallation (C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe). If it is still there please delete it.
This error often occurs if you have stopped the patcher at any point during the patching process and then restarted it. Please let it finish on its own, even if it seems that the process is not responding or moving, it will continue soon. Do not close the patcher. Also make sure to close all other applications when you run the installer. Please note that merely reapplying the patch will not work until you have reinstalled.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

2009-12-22 20:45 You wrote:

Dear Support,

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't do the trick. The downloader does not work. I suppose you have had more support cases about this, so please solve this asap.

Thanks!

Kemp

2009-12-23 00:53 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Could you please let us know what happens when you try to log in? The more information you provide the better we can assist you. If you can, please include screenshots of the issue.
Happy Holidays and kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

2009-12-23 10:51 You wrote:

Hey,

you don't fully understand. I try to freshly install the game and that doesn't work. The link on your site lets me load the Installer software, I can open the Clientloader, and then I need to click "Launch" in order to download the game again.

There it just stops with an error which something like that there is an error with the Entropiauniverse.exe file.

Maybe you guys should check all the complaining threads about PE not downloadable/executable on Entropiaforum, compile a list with all problems occuring and start working very hard to solve these issues before X-mas.

Regards,

Kemp

""

Once again they trust on the user to provide all the info for them to solve the problem. Cuga is right, it indeed shows a lot of incompetence again.

Well, I'll try again tonight.... :rolleyes:

Back