Question: Can't add credit card.

MaxPayne

Old
Max Reloaded Payne
Keep getting internal database error when I'm trying to add my VISA.

Is this momentarily or is it something they won't fix?

welcome to the club, same problem here, they responded to me with they are having issues due to increased security, use another deposit method and look for any updates in support news, then closed my ticket. There have been other threads with the same complaint/response. Not what I call a promising.

For the other depo methods, if your in the US your options really are limited to bank transfer. They don't take paysafecards sold outside of europe, ukash is not available here(it is in canada, but I have seen there are problems with canadian dollar ukash(not to mention the fees are insane), neteller does not allow US accounts. Bank transfer minimum is $100 and I have no idea how much in fees you might pay...

Well I live in Sweden but I rather not use the other options, seems strange that the easiest way of paying doesn't work.

Maybe u have a Visa Electron ?

i always use Paynova internet bank options works perfect .

same for me couldn't add my mastercard so I took that as a sign and didn't depo instead

They should be aware of the problem and are working on it afaik.

Well, a true card # will add for me, but a virtual card # won't, the whole point of a virtual card # being online security since the amount chargable is set by the card holder and is only valid for one merchant. Seems strange ma security improvements mean my credit card account has to be more exposed than it was before if I want to deposit.

Welcome to the club.

Just two threads down under "Card Error" I posted about the very same "problem".

"Problem" I put in quotes, because after two support cases, an automated message as reply saying that "we know, we'll fix, you keep trying", and a little search in this forum suggesting that the problem is at least half a year old, I believe that it is not an issue which the company running the show actually wants to solve. The reasons, I don't know, but we can all speculate. After all, the other payment options do not include any of the old (and trusted) services, such as PayPal. Conspiracy, anybody? Well, if this sounds strange, than how does the following: Despite DIBS has problems now due to the introduction of more security features on VISA/MasterCard credit cards, I still can pay WITHOUT problems in any online shop, service etc etc, living in Europe, so being exposed to the very same DIBS service as Sweden is. I just can't get the company running the show around to make a SIMPLE DATABASE ENTRY storing my credit card number. That is, indeed, strange!

... just to give a constructive contribution after my last post:

Since I don't think the "problems" with the credit cards will resolve, or widely known and trusted services will be made available for depositing, there are two options:

Option 1: Do not deposit! This is, of course, not a real option if you want to enjoy EU.

Option 2: Take a risk (nothing is free in life), and use one of the obscure options for depositing.

I went along Option 2, but not after thorough check of the services listed (this is because I pay loads online, and got once pretty badly ripped off by such an obscure service... since that time I am very - very very - careful and rather check for a few days). Now, with the exception of the direct bank transfer (which might bring immense fees along, as in my case), the proposed services are shady at best, and a quick google adding keywords like "problems, issues, error, do not use" will show you why (or just check this forum).

Now, the best I found on the list is Neteller. I've made a test deposit with them, and after a second one. All went through in a blink of an eye, with little fees involved (something of the order of 3-3.5% total, including MA fees), and without problems. As a funny side note: In Neteller I could register my VISA, straight and without any warning about additional security features. Oh, and Neteller is based in UK... so the same "just outside the EURO zone but still Europe" as Sweden... go figure why they don't have problems with the credit card. Anyway, it all worked out like a charm, despite some problems of account verification (to increase my deposit limit), which nobody else will have (so much I can say ;-)).

Anyway, to come back to your original problem, if you want to deposit via credit card, then Neteller is a good alternative to the direct credit card deposit (which does not work at the moment).

OK, over and out for now

Why dont u drive down to thier office slap them with a wet trout and tell the to get thier shit together.:trout:

Why dont u drive down to thier office slap them with a wet trout and tell the to get thier shit together.:trout:

That would be hard as they have their lobby surrounded by bullet proof/protective glas :D

Same problem. Won't be depositing until fixed. Sent support case but have not heard back.

Stubborn as I am, I haven't made a dopo since it stopped working, and I don't intend to do it either. :mad:
As I see it, they are, as we say in Sweden -Skiter i det blå skåpet (shitting in the blue locker)

From a positive pow I get at chance to cure my quirk of converting every irl expense to peds in my head... And eat more pizza. :tongue3:

Stubborn as I am, I haven't made a dopo since it stopped working, and I don't intend to do it either. :mad:
As I see it, they are, as we say in Sweden -Skiter i det blå skåpet (shitting in the blue locker)

From a positive pow I get at chance to cure my quirk of converting every irl expense to peds in my head... And eat more pizza. :tongue3:

Pizza is good. :yay:

So I went back to look at bertha posts to when card issues were first announced. I found one lsited for Dec 04, 2012.

Issues adding payment cards

Due to added security functions, you might experience some issues adding payments cards. Our initial advice is to wait for 15 min and try again. If the issue continues, we recommend that you select another of our deposit options, until news that this has been solved are published.

Its offically been 3 months that some people cannot add a visa or mastercard.

As stated previously, I dont see them getting this fixed for a long time if at all. The question is an easy one...

How much will this hurt their bottom line???

Obv there are options for European folks but for the most part I dont want to drive to the bank if I feel like making a mining run. I havent depo'ed since this started happening. After the TEN events finish, I expect to see some tough loot in the days ahead.

Granted this is mostly an US issue but frankly it seems like this could be a real problem in the future.

Id be curious what % are cards are currently being declined right now..

EggRollOneDolla: They must have done something else too, 'cause I could add my mastercard (e-card) until about little more than a month ago, but now nothing works, neither e-card or regular plastic ones. :(

in the meanwhile in Fiji...

ofc they didn't accept my DEBIT VISA card...
same message..."wait 15 mins and try again" (so
we can laugh harder...i imagine they are saying...)

I'm going now to try Neteller solution hoping that
being in Fiji is not a problem for all the parts involved...

Other solutions are impossible for me...a normal bank transfer,
from Fiji to Italy, can take 4 weeks too, due to absence of
"correspondent banks"...

I will keep you posted about the "Neteller" try...
ni sa bula vinaka
Stefano

EggRollOneDolla: They must have done something else too, 'cause I could add my mastercard (e-card) until about little more than a month ago, but now nothing works, neither e-card or regular plastic ones. :(

Every day this problem will grow and grow and current CC's in the game expire and new ones need to be added. I now MA isnt dumb enough to ignore this problem, but if the issue is Visa and MC deeming Entropia unsafe, well, good luck trying to convince those companies otherwise...

The time bomb is tickin....

Every day this problem will grow and grow and current CC's in the game expire and new ones need to be added. I now MA isnt dumb enough to ignore this problem, but if the issue is Visa and MC deeming Entropia unsafe, well, good luck trying to convince those companies otherwise...

The time bomb is tickin....

Good point. Do not take Visa/Mastercard is a nonsense for normal company.

Same problem here.

I've tried 3 cards now, debit and credit.

Nothing works.

This is my first time trying to play. Great way to get and keep customers.

Apparently I can't use neteller in the US, either.

I'm about to give up.

Same problem here.

I've tried 3 cards now, debit and credit.

Nothing works.

This is my first time trying to play. Great way to get and keep customers.

Apparently I can't use neteller in the US, either.

I'm about to give up.

MA listen here... some respons on this matter would be good. Let us know what is happening and when we can expect the issue fixed plz. (Ohh, and don't give up yet :) still free things to do while you wait. Feel free to pm if you need help)

I've had this issue too.

Check to see if online, you can get a "virtual one time credit card number." For Bank of America it's called ShopSafe, and for Citi it's something else (forgot the name). You can access it online after you log in to your CC account.

It creates a random CC # (that is linked with your CC). It's for the purposes of preventing people from stealing your CC by using it on online sites that you're not sure you can trust your CC info with (NETFLIX?!?! OMG!?)

So i was able to use the virtual number as workaround when my CC couldn't be added. Basically it's like trying to add a different CC, even though it's the same one.

I've had this issue too.

Check to see if online, you can get a "virtual one time credit card number." For Bank of America it's called ShopSafe, and for Citi it's something else (forgot the name). You can access it online after you log in to your CC account.

It creates a random CC # (that is linked with your CC). It's for the purposes of preventing people from stealing your CC by using it on online sites that you're not sure you can trust your CC info with (NETFLIX?!?! OMG!?)

So i was able to use the virtual number as workaround when my CC couldn't be added. Basically it's like trying to add a different CC, even though it's the same one.

Thats funny, those virtual cards won't work for me, eventhough they always did in the past, but my real card # will....

Same issue. Visa, mastercard, credit or debit. Nothing works. Their solution is try a different method.

No, how about you fix the most popular method.

This is a horrible business plan. I WANT to give you money, and you won't let me.

Unless you want to do a bank transfer of $100 or more (and who knows the fees on that). USA customers are out of luck.

I've played for 6+ years. I deposit to buy new things, upgrade the ava, or just when loot turns horribly south.

With the lack of being able to add a card, when my current ped stack is gone, so am I.

MA you need to fix this. This isn't some graphics bug, this is going to be your entire US population when their credit cards expire.

Cheers.

Neteller in Fiji

After ONE day of tries with my debit card VISA, MOL and Neteller, finally
yesterday i was able to deposit money ingame via Neteller...
Very very easy (too much for my finances...) and smooth.

Login in Neteller, money in from debit card, then login in EU, deposit center,
choose Neteller, inserted account id and secure id, desired amount, click and
boom! money on ped card...

Problem solved for me. Maybe Neteller is not the top of secure and safe virtual
wallet webistes but I opened an account here in Fiji on Westpac EXCLUSIVELY
for Entropia so, when I need, i deposit some little money in my Westpac account,
go to Neteller, fill up my e-Wallet, go to entropia and load the ped card...

Reactions: sbi
I refuse to do the netteller option, MA already shaves off 3% why would I want to make it 4.5%! Nope fix it!

*UPDATE*

It seems after this last maintence update of DIBS, EU is finally accepting at least Visa to use. Idk about mastercard yet, but at least for a major provider it is significant improvement.

I would like to think my bitching had somthing to do with this but its just me lying to myself lol.

Anyway anyone that hasent been able to add their bankcard try again.

I will warn you it did take about a min or two for DIBS to process the transaction so hit the depo button and WAIT for the transaction to process to avoid any issues.

Reactions: sbi
My soc mate sad that he add new visa card and depo without problems...but...WHAT THE POINT NOW to do this? System is empty and you will lose your depo in a few hours :laugh:

*UPDATE*

It seems after this last maintence update of DIBS, EU is finally accepting at least Visa to use. Idk about mastercard yet, but at least for a major provider it is significant improvement.

I would like to think my bitching had somthing to do with this but its just me lying to myself lol.

Anyway anyone that hasent been able to add their bankcard try again.

I will warn you it did take about a min or two for DIBS to process the transaction so hit the depo button and WAIT for the transaction to process to avoid any issues.

Thx for info :)

My soc mate sad that he add new visa card and depo without problems...but...WHAT THE POINT NOW to do this? System is empty and you will lose your depo in a few hours :laugh:

its about charity...we give to MA and our fellow players :yup:

over the years ive given plenty of charitable donations too lol

Back