cheating Premium members?

Teiwaz Storm

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Teiwaz Storm Ing
I feel cheated as With 180 days Premium Membership I got few weeks ago [renewed] I cannot browse globals of others anymore!

ET site says:
Code:
No Access

Only members who has bought "30 days player viewer" have access to this page.

This was changed today or in last 2 days.
Surely was no mention of that when i was purchasing 180 days Premium Membership!

I was running Entropia Tracker Suite every time I was online, now I'll stop doing it as it gives me no benefits!

That's a very bad move!

It works fine for me, try another browser? Or try to log out and log in, perhaps that fixes it.

I was running Entropia Tracker Suite every time I was online, now I'll stop doing it as it gives me no benefits!
Except for:
- Forum signature
- Hunting uber checker
- Hunting advanced live list
- Loot size
- Analyze loot
- Mining advanced live list
- Mining per capita globals
- Crafting advanced live list
- Crafting uber checker
- 15 mobs on your watch list

Edit: And ofc the client will:
- Take screenshots of your globals
- Show team loots in excel format with either amount or PED values
- Show your global locations on a map
- Show mining locations on a map
- Show you your actual combat stats (dmg/sec, dmg/pec, decay, shots fired.. and so on)

So, yes.. I can see how paying 5 PED / month is completely insane of me to ask.. I mean, I just put in about 20 hours each week to provide you with this service.

It works fine for me, try another browser? Or try to log out and log in, perhaps that fixes it.
Its only the first 25 you can see without this "30 days player viewer".

Starfinder, how can I get some of those amazing benefits also? Otherwise I'll be inclined to use EU hunter if I can ever figure out how to use it. :scratch2:

That's a very bad move!

Untrue, it gives you the benefit of lag. Poor form to change what you get from your membership after you've gotten it. I've already had to stop running the tracker due to the first issue, guess I won't be renewing my subscription due to the second.

Charging for new features fine, charging for features we already had is not fine.

Why is it not even possible to buy the feature with gift credits that you awarded the early adopters and supporters?

Starfinder, how can I get some of those amazing benefits also? Otherwise I'll be inclined to use EU hunter if I can ever figure out how to use it. :scratch2:
If you have the "free" premium membership - then you get access to all of that.

Untrue, it gives you the benefit of lag. Poor form to change what you get from your membership after you've gotten it. I've already had to stop running the tracker due to the first issue, guess I won't be renewing my subscription due to the second.
On my system. E8500, 4GB RAM, 9800 GTX+, Windows 7.. ET uses about 9 MB RAM and 0-1 CPU% load.
So, unless you are playing EU on your Amiga - in which case I would like to know how you manage to do that, then I dont think ET causes any lag. The other "trackers" and "screenshot" programs I know anything about how works, does read the entire chat.log every X seconds.. Thus they can, with big chat.log files, create a bit of lag. ET used to do this as well - but if you had read up on the improvements of ET, then you would know that some of the 20 hours I spend on ET each weak may not be "new pretty shiny things" but behind the scene code to optimize the system. Both the client, the databases, the website, the admin programs, the maintinance plans, the payment systems and so on...
So yeah.. 5 PED.. uhh.. too much..
The rage will never stop!

Charging for new features fine, charging for features we already had is not fine.

Why is it not even possible to buy the feature with gift credits that you awarded the early adopters and supporters?
Because everyone can get gift credits from running the client. :)

Oh.. and in a related topic.. If you want to view your own globals.. you can still do that.. Just go to hunting.. then download your globals as a csv or xml file...

exactly, supporters, those who run suite [to feed website] to have premium in return and those who paid for premium membership are not appreciated

So yeah.. 5 PED.. uhh.. too much..
The rage will never stop!

Because everyone can get gift credits from running the client. :)

so you mean that you don't need many people to run suite to feed website?
well then i guess you will need to do it's on your own... gl

Oh.. and in a related topic.. If you want to view your own globals.. you can still do that...

that's amazing, yay
not planning to charge like only 2 PED per month to do this?

and btw, if you still don't get it
it's not even about 5 or 500 PED it cost, it's about the fact that you change it without notice for people who already have Premium!!

On my system. E8500, 4GB RAM, 9800 GTX+, Windows 7.. ET uses about 9 MB RAM and 0-1 CPU% load.
So, unless you are playing EU on your Amiga - in which case I would like to know how you manage to do that, then I dont think ET causes any lag.

Well obviously you're gods gift to programming and tested your program on all possible system combinations so anyone that has any issues is just a poor fool with an Amiga. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and downloaded the newest new version since last time I tried it was during Merry Mayhem because I thought the Team Loot tracker was a cool addition. Sadly during mayhem after a couple hours it locked up pretty badly and the whole team loot section crashed.

I downloaded the new one a today and within a few minutes if managed to spike one of my CPU's again. It's not a memory issue, obviously I haven't seen your code but it looks to me like it's possible your UI isn't threaded properly and occasionally blocks. Maybe it only happens in window mode, who knows, you're sure it's perfect so what's the point?

This is right after logging in in the middle of the ocean so even entropia isn't using much memory.

But what do I know, I'm just a fool who built up a bunch of now less useful credits running the tracker during off hours where you seem to miss a lot of globals. You still miss some btw, and I'm not just talking about all the ones you screwed up and deleted a long time ago, and then wanted to charge us a buck a each to put them back in.

Pure Greed uninstalling will use for free and not work for free. Sounds like a better deal to me!

Well I've already stopped using E-tracker & so have most of our members. For me E-tracker takes to much resources to run with my graphics on very high like I like them to be, to run smoothly. Then running tracker to rack up the points is also time consuming considering the limited benefits you get.
If you have the "free" premium membership - then you get access to all of that.
Ok thanks, I'll try giving your app another go soon. If paying 5peds should allow me access to the more privy stuff let me know, so I can generously Give it to you.

Last edited:

Here is mine:
taskmanager.jpg

I have only tried it on 3 different computers.
My system as I already explained the stats of.
My girlfriends computer, which has lower specs than mine.
And my laptop which has even lower specs....

All of them is about 9 MB RAM and 0-1% CPU load.
Sadly I do not have "every single computer setup with whichever programs are available to download on the web".. So I cant speculate in what are causing the insane CPU load for you. Does it keep loading at 50% CPU or does it go away after 30 sec or so?

that's amazing, yay
not planning to charge like only 2 PED per month to do this?
No, thats actually a part of the agreement with MA for allowing me to use "their" data on the site. Is that a person can always view his own globals is some form. So, CSV, XML or whichever other format I might think of in the future will always be free. If you want a nice overview with references links and so on. Then I can charge 102938 PED for that if I want. But the raw data will be free.

So, just to claify, to now see peoples globals, other than my own, I have to pay an extra 5 ped per month on top of the 180 days Premium Membership I got on the 4th of January 2011?

Oh.. What I can do is to make another subscription you can buy using gift credits that will give you access to the "view player thing" as well. I just dont wanna do premium membership as that is for "usefull features" instead of get a list of globals from someone.

(Thats avalible on the site now)

So, just to claify, to now see peoples globals, other than my own, I have to pay an extra 5 ped per month on top of the 180 days Premium Membership I got on the 4th of January 2011?

You actually have bought premium membership 4 times. 11-05-2009, 13-11-2009, 13-06-2010, 04-01-2011 - All with some of your 20 million gift credits.

So, yes. You now have the option to buy the "view player thingy" with either some of your remaining 19 million gift credits, or from your 10.000 "normal credits" I gave you.

:)

Just to sum up:
Some people have deposited and complained to me that the only thing they want to do with ET is to view "old globals". And that they think that paying 20 PED / month to do that is kinda too much.

Thus the player viewer thingy were made and priced at 5 PED.
As I want the "premium membership" to be functional additions to the site I am in the process of removing that as the "access giving feature" for things that are not "functional" (such as view globals from someone).
Premium membership will give access to "uber checker" and the likes - things that are usefull if you are looking into specific mobs.

I have now added another feature for those who want it all - but do not want to pay for anything. Called "30 days player viewer gift credits" which takes gift credits.

So, now you can have it exactly as you did before - using your gift credits.

Here is mine:
taskmanager.jpg

I have only tried it on 3 different computers.
My system as I already explained the stats of.
My girlfriends computer, which has lower specs than mine.
And my laptop which has even lower specs....

All of them is about 9 MB RAM and 0-1% CPU load.
Sadly I do not have "every single computer setup with whichever programs are available to download on the web".. So I cant speculate in what are causing the insane CPU load for you. Does it keep loading at 50% CPU or does it go away after 30 sec or so?

It will go away and come back periodically. After long enough it causes enough graphical lag to impact movement. I am also running XP which is no longer supported of course, I wouldn't worry about it too much just don't expect everyone to have the same experience with your program as you have.

Thanks for the change, I retract my earlier name calling.

Just to sum up:
Some people have deposited and complained to me that the only thing they want to do with ET is to view "old globals". And that they think that paying 20 PED / month to do that is kinda too much.

It's just that this way you make people with an existing Membership pay for what some "other" people want. It would make more sense if you charged those "other" people instead (10 ped).

The "view old globals" was always a functionality feature that everyone liked, and might've been one of the reasons some people got their membership in the first place, regardless of the price. And now it's been removed for them, because of some other people.

It is really awesome to see you develop the Tracker and it is a good and useful feature for those who do not want the full premium membership.

And, it's never too late to give us back what we had access to. :)

Some

avoiding uninstalling as we actually got an explanation :eyecrazy:

(...) I am also running XP which is no longer supported of course, (...)

Since when it is not suported? :) And if it is true - how i am still able to normally use it ;).

I really have no problems with tracker. 22 process runing (including firewall and antivir) + Entropia + Tracker and i see no problems.
Laptop:
Core2 Duo P8700 (2.53 GHz)
GeForce GT 240M
4 GB (but XP can see only 3GB)
Win XP

Also on my pc (which barely starts Entropia on safe mode) shows no difference with tracker on and off.
PC:
Pentium IV 3GHz
GeForce 8600 GT
1.5 GB RAM
Win XP
(i am pretty sure that bigest problem with Entropia that occurs is one core proc. On lap i have only a bit better graphic card and can run medium-high setting smoothly, RAM should not make such a big difference).

But like i said - tracker does not make any noticable change.

PS: i will still keep running Tracker even if i wont be able to buy any usefull stuff for the points ;) as long as i can collect those points (see them growing ;)). Seems like best "loyalty" method ever.

Falagor
:bandit:

It will go away and come back periodically. After long enough it causes enough graphical lag to impact movement. I am also running XP which is no longer supported of course, I wouldn't worry about it too much just don't expect everyone to have the same experience with your program as you have.

Thats REALLY odd. The way it works is as follows:
Thread 1: Starts up the UI
Thread 2: Calls "read to end of chat.log" <-- This might cause a bit of HDD lag on slow disks if you have a huge chat.log
Thread 1: Listens for changes to the chat.log
Thread 2: When there is a change to the chat.log any new lines will be parsed.
Thread 3: Send any new globals via SOAP to the server and call back to thread 1 for the "increase in gift credits + the list of globals logged"

Misc thread work:
Thread 2 will take screenshots
Thread 2 will parse location stamps
Thread 2 will send info to the "mapper"
Thread 1 will load up the mapper form (which takes a little while - thus can create UI lag)

I have never heard anyone having lag with ET (with the new client that works with the filelistener), can you please (PM is fine) tell me the size of your chat.log and if it happens after tab out of the game/loose focus on the game window.. or any other thing that might "trigger" the lag.. Then I can dig into the code and debug...

Since when it is not suported? :) And if it is true - how i am still able to normally use it ;).

Since last year http://www.microsoftnow.com/2010/01/windows-xp-sp2-windows-2000-no-longer-supported.html
no longer supported means just that, you can still use it, but if it breaks too bad, they won't fix it or update it anymore.

Thats REALLY odd. The way it works is as follows:
Thread 1: Starts up the UI
Thread 2: Calls "read to end of chat.log" <-- This might cause a bit of HDD lag on slow disks if you have a huge chat.log
Thread 1: Listens for changes to the chat.log
Thread 2: When there is a change to the chat.log any new lines will be parsed.
Thread 3: Send any new globals via SOAP to the server and call back to thread 1 for the "increase in gift credits + the list of globals logged"

Misc thread work:
Thread 2 will take screenshots
Thread 2 will parse location stamps
Thread 2 will send info to the "mapper"
Thread 1 will load up the mapper form (which takes a little while - thus can create UI lag)

I have never heard anyone having lag with ET (with the new client that works with the filelistener), can you please (PM is fine) tell me the size of your chat.log and if it happens after tab out of the game/loose focus on the game window.. or any other thing that might "trigger" the lag.. Then I can dig into the code and debug...
PM sent

Just to sum up:

As I want the "premium membership" to be functional additions to the site I am in the process of removing that as the "access giving feature" for things that are not "functional" (such as view globals from someone).
Premium membership will give access to "uber checker" and the likes - things that are usefull if you are looking into specific mobs.

Thanks for explaining this to us.
I suggest tho that in future you could inform your 'customers' in advance of such changes [I'm actually very surprised that you didn't learn that being on this forum].

Also, if I understand correct, some people wanted it cheaper and didn't wanted other features included in Premium.
Creating 'cheaper'* option for them is good move.
But I can't understand why you removed this feature from Premium Membership??

I have now added another feature for those who want it all - but do not want to pay for anything. Called "30 days player viewer gift credits" which takes gift credits.

So, now you can have it exactly as you did before - using your gift credits.

This is good move as well to keep people happily running Suite.

*But
"30 days player viewer" is 50k credits
while
"90 days Premium membership" is 54k credits.
So it is that "30 days player viewer" is [almost] 3 times more expensive than "Premium Membership".
And it's not 5 PED, it's 50 PED, or I am wrong here?

How come then you say that "30 days player viewer" was created because people wanted to have cheaper option than "Premium Membership" ????

Last edited:
*But
"30 days player viewer" is 50k credits
while
"90 days Premium membership" is 54k credits.
So it is that "30 days player viewer" is [almost] 3 times more expensive than "Premium Membership".
And it's not 5 PED, it's 50 PED, or I am wrong here?

How come then you say that "30 days player viewer" was created because people wanted to have cheaper option than "Premium Membership" ????

50.000 gift credits = 0 PED (as you can get that from running the client)
5.000 Credits = 5 PED

So, you can get access to "the lists" in two ways now.. Either run the client (about 15 days per month would be enough).. Then get it for free.. and be lazy and pay 5 PED. I cant see the problem in that, sorry?

Edit: And the reason for the 5 PED player viewer was that some people buyght (via paypal) the premium membership at 20 PED/month just to see the global lists. Now that price is 75% less, at 5 PED. :)

Edit: And the reason for the 5 PED player viewer was that some people buyght (via paypal) the premium membership at 20 PED/month just to see the global lists. Now that price is 75% less, at 5 PED. :)

And for people who was getting this feature in Premium M. by running Suite and feeding globals to website it's 300% more expensive. To get what we had already.

Still it's not cool you skimmed already paid Premiums.

Now it seems like you want everybody to run Suite and pay money at the same time, like somebody said in this thread - this is pure greed.

Good luck with your scheme.
I'm not gonna feed your website with globals anymore. And know few people who think the same

Not really.
At the moment the only features that can be bought with "gift credits" are the premium memberships. And looking at the average account balance, the premium membership is priced way too low. Many people, who were not "old premium members" (who got 20 million credits) are buying premium membership each month - and they still have a huge amount of gift credits on their accounts. So, instead of increasing the price on premium membership to reflect what the average "income" from running the client per month actually is, I am splitting the features up into a "functional giving" feature - and a "nice to have feature".. This way people can decide if they want only to run the client for a limited periode of time - and then buy one of the features.. Or run is "the average amount of time people do" each month - and get access to everything just as before.

The other choice is to pay a measly 5 PED and get access to everything. Its really up to people how they want do get access, the fact of the matter is tho - its still very much possible to get access to everything without ever having to pay me anything for the vast amount of time im sitting here coding. :)

...At the moment the only features that can be bought with "gift credits" are the premium memberships. And looking at the average account balance, the premium membership is priced way too low. Many people, who were not "old premium members" (who got 20 million credits) are buying premium membership each month - and they still have a huge amount of gift credits on their accounts. So, instead of increasing the price on premium membership to reflect what the average "income" from running the client per month actually is...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...icial-Thread&p=1322385&viewfull=1#post1322385

"...you get all the features as a premium member until such time we decide to change subscription - then you will keep whatever you had access to, but not get any new features."

:p

Some

Back