College Student Subsidizing Income with Entropia?

Status

Frank|SDS

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Hi,

If you're a college student that has subsidized your income at any point from participating in Entropia we would like to get in contact with you about some media coverage. If you think you might fit the description contact David Simmonds directly at david.simmonds@mindark.com

Thanks

too bad my profit after 5 years seems to be small :(

But...I think Recoda and Akoz can contact you :)

I subsidized Entropia with my college time until I got kicked out. Does that count? =P

I subsidized Entropia with my college time until I got kicked out. Does that count? =P

here, here. (but not kicked out yet)

or

I get a nice ATH this weekend, withdraw it to subsidize my student economy and everyones happy.

Last edited:
ahhh advertising u can pay your way through college with EU (After you put every penny of your grant into EU :D )

Maybe one of my years at school if I'm lucky ;).

lol if anything EU will get u kicked out of college by the sounds of it LOL

your kidding right

Think your talking about a myth... maybe before VU 8 somewhere but not now. :(

rofl... exactly the same here... I went to uni the first two years and lets just say I wasnt welcomed back :)

why does mindark allways wanna hear about the two ppl that makes profit and not G.I. Joe.

:rofl:

ups - jinxing my loot now? :D

Something sounds strangely familiar…

On 10 October 2006, it was reported that Mike Everest, a home-schooled high school senior from Durango, Colorado had paid for his siblings' college fees by trading virtual goods within Entropia Universe, and withdrawing his profits as real US dollars. Everest, better-known as "Ogulak Da Basher" on the planet Calypso, claims to have made over US$35,000. Of that profit, $12,000 was used to help his two siblings attend college. When asked if he suggested this to other high schoolers looking to make money, he said, "Not really, unless they can be devoted to it. It's really hard in the beginning to play the game." Everest spends an average of three hours a day on Entropia. "Some days I don't get on at all. But other days I can spend half of the day playing in Entropia." Since he is home schooled, he is allowed this freedom. Moreover, it can be argued that he learns life lessons from within the universe. Within Entropia, Everest is a captain in the Entropian hunting society, "ck Coat Killers." There, he is a hunter/miner who constructs weapons and sells them to make a profit. Though this is not your traditional business model, it teaches a real lesson about costs and demands. Now that the two older Everest children are set up in college, Mike says he plans to save for his own college education--"and maybe a car". When asked if he will remain active in online worlds in the coming 10 years, Everest says he is not going anywhere, but also knows what a commitment virtual worlds can be. "It depends on how busy I am. But I think I will, because I've made friends all over the world. I couldn't see myself ever leaving it."

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-6124572-7.html

:D

If i tell them i can say bye bye to hofs forever :rolleyes:

Frank -

First... ROFLMFAO!!!! :laugh:

Second.... You should get MA to change the rules regarding employees running avatars.... You are WAAAAAY out of touch, buddy... I know it's nice to think that most of the whiny posts here are easy to dismiss, but methinks you need to remove those rose-colored glasses every once in a while....:rolleyes:

Third... ROFLMFAO!!!! :laugh:

Not everyone loses money you know.. I know quite a few that profit..

Give Mindark a break they are offering a nice chance for someone to be in the news :)

My student time was 25 years ago , my income from EU is fat negative , but maybe you can switch the lootprofile of my avi than i could study again :D
Wouldnt it be an interesting story ? :laugh:

Frank -

First... ROFLMFAO!!!! :laugh:

Second.... You should get MA to change the rules regarding employees running avatars.... You are WAAAAAY out of touch, buddy... I know it's nice to think that most of the whiny posts here are easy to dismiss, but methinks you need to remove those rose-colored glasses every once in a while....:rolleyes:

Third... ROFLMFAO!!!! :laugh:

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

oh yes fun to be in the news or not lol rely dosent matter much to be in the news

one thing i dont understand is why he ask her ther now ho ther chois to makeing profit in her in hunt ming crafting

only way to make profit if you not chois is redaling and cheating and scamming

maby its thos he wont in the news

Give Mindark a break they are offering a nice chance for someone to be in the news :)

Og - Much respect, but MA needs to set the skills and loot clock back about 2 years for the kind of response that Frank wants....

Note: Nightwolf is only too happy to accept subsidised college fees through entropia. :D (Where's my 100k hof?)

May I assume the check's in the mail?

- Nightwolf

Og - Much respect, but MA needs to set the skills and loot clock back about 2 years for the kind of response that Frank wants....

Thanks :) But on loot Not Necessarily, Even today profit does come Long hours of hunting on the right mob can yield huge amounts of profit.

Someone in my society just off loot in the last 2 weeks have made 8k without any ubers or great items
Just "smart hunting"

Yes Da.. but who can actually fit in the description of this thread's topic.. probably you, akoz and.. :dunno: maybe few others?

We'll give him a break as soon as we get somed decent loot, we promise!

Its a good iniciative.. +rep for that Frank, but still, could be nicer to have more ppl in those news dont you think?

Hi,

If you're a college student that has subsidized your income at any point from participating in Entropia we would like to get in contact with you about some media coverage. If you think you might fit the description contact David Simmonds directly at david.simmonds@mindark.com

Thanks

:lolup:

Maybe we should tell the people that tryes to make money in EU that one will save up cash faster in RL then in this game. Maybe thay should know that they have to spend money first to even have a chance on making a small small proffit, instead of just save some money every month in RL.

I think its just plain mean to lure high school kids to be addiced to a game with RCE, couse thats whats happens with games like this just as with poker, you get an addiction! And that can ruin youre time in school instead of helping you.

Last edited:
Hundreds loosing money and 1 makes profit.
Bring him to the press ! It needs media coverage !
Cmon Frank - get real...

IMHO, It would take 2-10 years of eco hunting in EU to get the same amount of cash as you would in just 1 year in RL, assuming luck was on your side, sooner :rolleyes:

MindArk is so out of touch with the community it isn't funny :rolleyes:

- Nightwolf

most say its the most stupit i haw sen the last 2½ yer from ma

ther haw ben more and more gredy as ther yers gos and its stil more and more gredy evry day ther go you can deposit 1 mill peds it wont help you to enything ther just take more

Thanks :) But on loot Not Necessarily, Even today profit does come Long hours of hunting on the right mob can yield huge amounts of profit.

Someone in my society just off loot in the last 2 weeks have made 8k without any ubers or great items
Just "smart hunting"

And when did they start playing? And what gear and skills do they have? What did they pay for their gear when they bought it?

If this article is about someone who bought stuff 3+ years ago and profited on the appreciation, or looted uber gear that practically cannot be looted anymore, or profited by skilling in ways that cannot be done anymore, then this article will be tantamount to fraud.

And when did they start playing? And what gear and skills do they have? What did they pay for their gear when they bought it?

If this article is about someone who bought stuff 3+ years ago and profited on the appreciation, or looted uber gear that practically cannot be looted anymore, or profited by skilling in ways that cannot be done anymore, then this article will be tantamount to fraud.

Ok now I know what I was missing from my post.. this.

:laugh: what about if it costs about 100 USD per year for me to study in the university and i have got like 3k ped or so... :)

Actually no.
Yes the ones who profit alot are the ubers who started awhile ago. But not soo much of item appreciation more of gaining the skills to profit.

I am a big believer of skills.

But I know a few people who are your average everyday joe profiting with just korss 400 (L) and other limited weapons quite a few actually.

Or mining (which really has no uber equipment) Does VERY well.

Crafting just random luck I guess :D

I'd post their names but without their consent I cannot.

Edit: And they all have started a year ago or so.

Status
Back