Common Scammer Ploys, Beware of:

AlphaGeek

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Alpha AG Geek
As a newcomer to Entropia, you should be aware that since the PE economy is linked to the Real World economy, vile criminals have made their way into this corner of cyberspace. They want your money, and they will stoop quite low in order to get it.

Protect your virtual property, and your Peds. Beware of:

People offerring armor upgrades. Armor cannot be upgraded.

People who say their trade window is buggy, and want you to put yout PEDs or items on the ground in order to trade with them.

Email that asks you for your account name and password.

I should mention that by far and away, the residents of planet Calypso are honorable and honest. As with any situation, keep an eye out, though.

Hope this helps someone!

AG

been posted before BUT i think cant be posted enuf...this info should be on a popup to all newcomers the second they land at PA :)

kygon said:
been posted before BUT i think cant be posted enuf...this info should be on a popup to all newcomers the second they land at PA :)

That would just make them more imaginitive , I mean c'mon all this time and the armour upgrade one still gets done!!

Check out the sticky sections for more guides and also another couple of anti-scam guides in my sig

Agree with Kygon, maybe like a pop up for new starters lol.

Then again, I hate pop ups...

Also beware links to websites people give you. There are fake sites made specifically to put a keylogger on your computer.

While such warnings are posted often, it's one subject that needs to be kept "in the news" so to say.
Consider this a free bump.

Is this a scammer

Got approached by this player at the "Jason Centre" she tryed the Armour upgrade scam if you cant upgrade armour why did she offer to do it work it out for yourself BEWARE !! NOTE HER Name.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

tinystu said:
Got approached by this player at the "Jason Centre" she tryed the Armour upgrade scam if you cant upgrade armour why did she offer to do it work it out for yourself BEWARE !! NOTE HER Name.

I've taken the liberty to copy and paste your warning in the Scammer Alert thread - hope you don't mind! :)

tinystu said:

Nice screenie bud, these are the people that need caught, only problem is they have 10 avatars :(

Back