Competition - Create a Weapon!

-Herb-

Prowler
Herbatrix Herb "Fuck" Herbalicious Fail
Competition closed! Vote for the winner - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/106607-create-weapon-vote.html[/SIZE]

This is an idea for a competition i've had for a while, so i've finally decided to put it into practice:D

Ever thought of a new type of weapon? Or perhaps an existing type, but..'different'? When the Anti-Material guns were first discovered, there were dozens of ideas floating around, tesla coils, acid firers, you name it. Time to show us the idea that you had!

The rules are simple : create a weapon, give its stats and information - basically, whatever you see on the info of a weapon, the ammo burn, efficiency, damage, damage type, maxed level, range etc. Maybe even just use a - and write a description. How was it discovered? Who created it?
And of course be imaginative:D
Note that there is a max entry of 2 per people into the finals - though you can submit as many as you want still

Illustrations of any kind would also give +points!

Current prize : 5000 EFD

Winners will be judged from finalists by vote! Now go! Design!:wtg:

Random update : Here's a quick template if you want to use it ;)

2002249156817854817_rs.jpg

Competition ends - March 28

Last edited:
I would like to create a personal gun.

I would call it a "Dally Gun".

It would shoot BLP, Plasma, grenade, or laser. Depending on settings chosen. It would also do other damage types, as a bayonet can be attached to a rifle.

It uses any or all ammo types, does all dmg types, depending chosen setting.

Edit, seeing as people are being more specific.

Ammo-Burn
Selectable from 1 to 100.
Ammo use of 1 gives max 1 damage, ammo burn 100 gives max damage 1k. Ammo usage in between is linear.

Range
Selectable from 5 to 170. Ranges over 100 reduce damage, as a % over the 100. Hence at 150 (50 over 100) damage is reduced by 50%, and at max range, damage is reduce 70%. (unless the damage is reduced below 1, so is can be used with one ammo burn giving 1 damage at 170m, as a tagging gun.)

Ammo type Any.

Amp yes, but must be the right type of amp for the ammo being used.

Other attachments yes, including daggers (bayonet). under 5m it won't shoot if a knife attached, so you have to use the bayonet.

Decay 50% of ammo usage. (using 1 ammo/shot=decay 0.5pec).

TT 5000ped.

Sib yes, start at level 30, maxed at 60. Skill gains depending on ammo used, and range. Below 40, as for pistol, over 40, as for rifle.

Reload Selectable between 10/min and 70/min. Selecting a fire rate of over 40/min reduces damage using the same rule as for range.

Dmg type Depends on the ammo being used. You can select to do dmg typical of BLP when using laser ammo, but at a cost of a 50% reduction in DMG.

So at max ammo, max range, and max fire speed it does 1 damage.

(max range is 70% reduction in DMG, and max fire speed is 30% reduction!)

A "Dial a Gun"

Selecting a range or reload below the "penalty" range/reload adds one damage per 10 below.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJZ
Sounds cool? Can I make a sword plz? :D

Here is my entry :D
My dream sword. Not supper good but just a fast and nice even realistic weapon ;) Embra Lazer Sword Fire Edition

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
Great edited my post whit my entry :yay:

Unlimited Embra Lazer Sword Fire edition :D

Great entry there Timbo!:yay:

Add some background information for bonus points - like what you'd see on the 'Show Item Description' tab. ;)

Make a stats page, write a description, draw it, and you got yourself a good entry;)
i only have MSpaint so it looks pretty bad but ... you asked

untitled_907869.JPG

for the laser version just flip the DMG types to 2pen and 4burn

under the description:

The Eron rifle isn't the strongest sniper weapon out there but then again Eron would rather make you fight face to face. "Eron would be much less of a hassle if only he were mortal."

the acronoid boom stick

Acronoid Boom Stick

skill stats:
- rec skill plasma dmg: 15lvls
- rec skill plasma hit: 15lvls

damage stats:
- acid: 135dmg
- burn: 25dmg

main stats:
- ammo used: 32 heavy energy cells
- decay: 6pec/use
- range: 147m
- uses/minute: 51
- full tt value: 1420PED
comes with build in scope and lasersight: skillmod 25%
condition limit: 50%

Now this is what I call a nice gun to venture into toxic zones, making it a little more toxic as you pass the time killing every green dot in range :vampire:

Reactions: TJZ
Here's something I made about four years ago, you don't have to see it as an entry. I thought it'd be fun to put it back in the spotlight however.

I might make a more updated model of something though. :)

ce352.jpg

ce351.jpg

no stats buuuuut :rolleyes: here

Great stuff!

Recoda, was that acually ingame, or was the bottom screenshot faked?;)

Also, add a shots/min and it's all set:D

for the ones that want to create a gun, follow the steps above, real simple. btw, yes I know I suck at 3d design, don't tell me. It's something I made a while ago. I call it the Dead Ornament Arms plasma eradicator. although a small handgun, it has a fast reload, average range and a huge double feeding making the damage rather high. It has been developed as a backup weapon in close combat in the counter offensive against the robot nations in year 2597. Not many more guns of this type are seen as they are quite expensive to make and required too many polyogons (J/k :D)

for the ones that want to create a gun, follow the steps above, real simple. btw, yes I know I suck at 3d design, don't tell me. It's something I made a while ago. I call it the Dead Ornament Arms plasma eradicator. although a small handgun, it has a fast reload, average range and a huge double feeding making the damage rather high. It has been developed as a backup weapon in close combat in the counter offensive against the robot nations in year 2597. Not many more guns of this type are seen as they are quite expensive to make and required too many polyogons (J/k :D)

Nice! That's Maya, right? You're probably better at it than me:laugh:

Nice! That's Maya, right? You're probably better at it than me:laugh:
Maya it is, but I got so much more to learn. I might make a herb's herbaliser weapon for you :D

I never really liked Maya, but i'm downloading Swift3D now to mess around with:D

EDIT - S3D sucked, downloading Maya :silly2:

Last edited:
My entry (helps I do computer games design ;)):

Lineov-Posvya G-4A1 Gauss Gun:

In-game firing:

Stats:

Weight: 5.0Kg
Profression requirement damage:
Name: Ranged Gauss (Dmg)
Recommended level: 0.0
Skill progress: 100.0%
Profression requirement damage:
Name: Gauss Sniper (Hit)
Recommended level: 0.0
Skill progress: 100.0%
SIB: Never
Category: Gauss
Ammo type: Medium Weapon Cells
Ammo Burn: 19
Durability: Very Good
Attacks per minute / max: 38
Damage Penetration: 85
Damage Impact: 10
Damage interval: 40.0-95.0
Range (m) max: 160m
Ampable: No

Description:

Developed by Lineov-Posvya Weapon Systems, this gauss gun is a relatively new weapon imported to Calypso intended to replace the old ML series. The weapon uses powerful electromagnets to hurl a tungsten carbide dart at hypersonic velocity. Unfortunately the rate of fire is limited by the time it takes for the magnetic fields to restabilise.

Yeah, its a bit of a crap render, but only spent like two hours on it so... would be better if I decided to spend a LOT more time on it. Not keen on how the carbon fibre texture came out either. But guess its good enough for the competition. The name came from a random generator in case you're wondering, and based the design from a jackhammer shotgun.

Last edited:
Unique Omagaton Bulava

awesome idea for a thread :)

Omegaton Bulava

Class: Melee
Type: Clubs
Weight: 5.0 kg

Stats
Damage: 100 HP
Range: 6 m
Attacks: 40 /min
Reload: 1.5 sec
Dmg/sec: 66.7 HP
Power: 400 (dmg/sec*range)
Economy
Max. TT: 10,000 PED
Min. TT: 5,000 PED
Ammo: 0
Decay: 25.641026 PEC
Total Uses: 19499
Cost: 25.641026 PEC
Dmg/PEC: 3.90 PEC
Damage types
Stab: 85 hp
Cut: 5 HP
Penetration: 5 HP
Electrical: 5 HP
Misc. Info
SIB: Yes
Hit profession
Hit Profession: One Handed Clubber (Hit)
Rec.: 24 Levels
Maxed: 30 Levels
Damage profession
Damage Profession: One Handed Clubber (Dmg)
Rec.: 24 Levels
Maxed: 30 Levels
Source
Source: ---------
Markup: ---------
Markup source: ---------

Description
This mysterious weapon came to exist under strange circumstances. A hunter, known only as Zammy, approached the weapons manufacturer Loughin in hope of obtaining a better variant of his beloved Masher One. They denied his request, and in his anger, he severed his ties with Loughin and defected to Omegaton. He gave up his Masher One to Omegaton, and ordered them to reverse engeneer it to harness Loughin's "light technology" into a more devastating Mace. He also requested that it include some of his own culture, and thus the Bulava was born.

It takes considerable skill to weild, and is balanced in speed, so as to obtain maximum damage possible, sacrificing some economy for the extra damage. Omagaton did a better job with the Mace than expected and were able to select certain damages from the wide spectrum that Laser/Light technologies offer, so as to be as effective as possible in War type situations should the enemy ever get close enough, as well as in Hunting situations.

we can only dream :shower::love:

The Double Bravo... a Bravo with 2 barrels that can fire at once (twice the speed) or together (twice the damage).

Stats: the same as 2 Bravo's:)

Hurrikane

Global gun

Anyone wanna make this for me????

Stats. Pricy, but every mob you kill is a guarantee global!

Sorry, bad day at the ambu farm. 50% return. :(

I got bored, so decided to make an entry to my own competition:silly2:

2003710833491197065_rs.jpg

2003740237387540428_rs.jpg

How come you maxed the dmg but not the range? :silly2:

It fires projectiles weighing over 20 metric tons. I don't think they'll fly far;)

It fires projectiles weighing over 20 metric tons. I don't think they'll fly far;)

..:confused:

I asked how come you have have 100% on dmg and only 63% on range. Did you do some chipping? :silly2:

Edit: And how do you put 20 metric tons into that small peashooter? And how come you can even lift it? :dunce:

..:confused:

I asked how come you have have 100% on dmg and only 63% on range. Did you do some chipping? :silly2:

Edit: And how do you put 20 metric tons into that small peashooter? And how come you can even lift it? :dunce:

Ah, I thought you were asking why the gun has crappy range and nice damage.

I forgot to add the orange part on damage, to show current / maxed:)

More entries!:yay:

dang I can't figure out how to get my picture of the rifles on here!!! can someone please tell me how to do it?

Back