Computer Information

Ramp

Hatchling
Hello,
I dont know if this is the right thread to post about it, just wanted to ask few questions.

Firsty i really want to play this game, but unfortunately, as i saw my PC is too weak :( . So...

I would like to know, what are your computers information,

Mine is:(laptop)

1.6GHz Pentium M,
512 RAM
128 Mb Video Card (integrated)

First time i ran game, everything was quite well, created char, then got stuck :(

When i run game, my CPU ussage is 100% :confused:

SO! I want to solve the problam because i want to play the game!!!! :rolleyes:

What do u think guys, if i add more 512Mb Of RAM, could i play?

Oh, all the time now i get stuck, when loading after authorizating.

Thank You In Advance!

def add more ram if you can, that should speed things up. Still expect some considerable lag in populated places however. The bottleneck there is probably due to large datatransfer between server/clients and not your machine, not much can be done about that (at least on your side).

edit: if you can't load up the game at all, check if your video card is supported and that you have latest drivers / directx

yes,

my video card isn't Nvidia,

direct x is 9.

in site status it is said i have not enough ram and my video card is not suported.

but if i add ram, will i be able to play? or i will only waste money?

Yeah more mem is what i also would suggest. It seems that there is a memory leak in the game and every once and a while i need to relog to clear ram and then i reload and im fast again.

O and i don't run NVidia either, My Alien has ATI in it and it runs fine, except for the memory leak

well memory will help but if theres a serious problem with graphics and your using a laptop, your buggered really. I have a 2ghz laptop with only 64MB gfx ram and 1GB, thats fine as long as i stay away from Port Atlantis and Twin. and camp pheonix. and dont hunt in too heavily populated areas.

to be honest, i dont think you'd enjoy it much on that sort of set up. wait until you have a better spec.

But my video card is 128MB, just i have too low RAM's i could add more 512MB.

Is it so really important what video card is it? i mean my not nvidia, some intel card.

err, You may have a problem with the intel card... I use an 128 ATI and it works fine, im not sure about on board vid cards though. Its quite probable that the vid card mem is being shared virtualy from the Ram. in Either case having a gig of ram never hurt anyone, and if it doesn't make EU run beter and thats teh only reason for justifing the ram then you could return the ram. But like i said NVidia is their "recommended" hardware. Meaning if it doesn't work they don't have to support you.

Actually i wanted to ask also, i get a LOT of FPS lag sometimes even though my setup is pretty good..

Geforce 6200 128 meg video card by nvidia
AMD athlon 2600
1 GB RAM

and yet, i get quite a bit of screen lag...What can i do to help this? i have updated drivers and everything too.

Computer Stats vs Running EU Well

I run EU on 4 different computers, all with different stats, depending on my location.

It runs best, by far, on my 2.9 Ghtz processor with 1 gig ram & a 256mb video card.

It run worst on a 1.9 GHtz processor with 512mb ram & an integraed video card. (laptop...upgrade limited to one extra memory slot).

No surprises there, although my office pc can't run it worth a crap and it has a 2.0 GHtz processor with 1.25 GB or ram & a 128mb video card. That's never seemed quite right.

Maybe it's that the internet connection in the office isn't as good. Tried updating/uninstalling/reinstalling drivers but just figured maybe I shouldn't be playing at work anways. :)

Over n out.

Ramp said:
is it possible to change vid card on laptop?
it is integrated.

no. its almost certainly sharing the ram as Samatha points out. my laptop's gfx card is a ati job that is unsupported - it works but i get lots of glitches (missing amp/rifle gfx, poor rendering of some pants/shirts). Intel cards arent supported at all.

@ Chucken, that sound reasonable spec. defrag the hard disk and see if that helps, and turn down a few of the effects in the client loader options (esp water and vegetation)

Actually my laptop does have a removable vid card, however it is a very rare scenario....Alienware ;) But most laptops are on board video which are not removable as they are quite literaly built into the motherboard.

most definately

- make sure you have gfx drivers recommended by mindark
- another 512 of ram will go a long way
- disabling visual effects, making sure anti-aliasing is off in client loader should help
- crowded places will always lag (port atlantis, twin peaks, etc.)
- if the game just hangs while loading, try to file a support case with mindark -- you may or may not get a good answer (especially w/the nVidia card, although in theory it should still work just fine)

i personally run a p4 3.6 GHZ, 2 GB RAM, 256 MB vid card -- while far better than my old system, there is still lag/rubberband effect in quite a few places -- leads me to believe that nothing will solve the problem entirely, from a client-hardware perspective -- good luck :wise:

The PC i play on has 3.4 GHz CPU 1 GB ram and ATI radeon graphics, evrything runs smooth. When I travel I use my LapTop 1.8 Ghz Pentium M with 1 GB ram and integrated graphics. Simillar 2 yours but twice as much memory. It works OK, but in crowded places like Port Atlantis I get some lag. So try to increase memory. Since your onboard graphic card share memory with your CPU any extra program run will make you have less graphic ram. So if EU is uppgraded and takes more ram to play you get less videoram. Maybe if u press Oprions in the game loader you can play with the settings, change from 64 bit color to 32?

Good luck

you need to buy more ram, and get out of Port Atlantis as soon as possible, and never return (that city and many others is the major cause of lag for most people).

Ramp said:
Hello,
Mine is:(laptop)

1.6GHz Pentium M,
512 RAM
128 Mb Video Card (integrated)

What do u think guys, if i add more 512Mb Of RAM, could i play?

Oh, all the time now i get stuck, when loading after authorizating.

Thank You In Advance!

Speaking from my experience with multiple setups I would have to say that the vid card is causing your problem. For example I cannot run the game with my notebook an IBM T23 due to the fact that it came with a S3 Graphics SuperSavage/IXC 1014.

You will need to find out from the Device Manager what kind of Display Adapter the system is equipped with.

Lastly, if your graphics adapter isn't up to par then there is nothing you can really do except purchase a new system with an ATI or NVIDIA GPU (preferably not shared memory). Please note I am not saying that any ATI or NVIDIA GPU will work either.

Good Luck.

Well, there are a couple of things that you can try at this point...
One, Upgrade your ram (will help overall system performance) especially going from 512mb to 1gb.
Second, Judging by what you say you have an integrated Video card, which is going to share its memory with your system memory (bad regardless)... However you should be able to go into your bios and change how much memory is being dedicated to the video card. more the Merrier here.
Third, You can in the EU loader options, hit the checks on the low resolution avatar, reduced visual effects, lower res icons, lower quality water, lower quality terrain, and lower quality vegetation, make sure your antialiasing is set to No AA. You may even need to kill the streaming audio... (yeah the game will probably look horible, but it should be playable).

with all that in mind, if you are still having your cpu go to 100% and nothing happens, you may have other issues with your PC, like drivers out of date, not the latest directx.
Hope that helps a bit.

Back