Question: Considering investing into EU

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
Hello all,

been playing this game for over 4 years and got a reasonable knowledge about its mechanics ... Now I find myself with a stash of money (IRL) that I do not need (or anytime in the future). Enough to buy an LA and was wondering last night ...

WHAT IF ... I invest 100.000-250.000 Ped and buy myself a LA.

Here are the questions that popped up in my head

1.) How would I safely transfer that much money
2.) Where do I find information on the actual cost of running an LA?
3.) What is the ROI if I manage the LA well? (on that one I would really like to hear ppl with LA's giving some realistic feedback)
4.) What other things should I consider prior to throwing 20.000 Euro at MA?

Feedback and help more then welcome

Regards
Angel

Edit: If ppl do not want to share certain information with everyone, I am more then happy to receive pm's or exchange skype etc. - thanks -

Last edited:
Subscribing :beerchug:

3.) What is the ROI if I manage the LA well? (on that one I would really like to hear ppl with LA's giving some realistic feedback)

1) send via bank. Very easy and very safe.
2) ONLY Talk to an LA owner. I reocmmend someone very active like Oleg. It's not a secret info, but I would recommend to talk to someone who does it regulary than just reading a tutorial.
3) as above
4) Always consider that you get nothing in return. Even the TT isn't really safe it the company is closed tomorrow.

PLEASE do this only, if you use it equivalent to shares in a normal bank account:
Do it only with money, that you don't NEED in real life. Only use money than you can lose without gettign into RL trouble.

Then EU is a great opportunity... but it's even more risky than RL shares... please keep this in mind.

(... I know what I talk about, I made a lot PEDs and lost a lot PEDs during the crysis... and I am still not selling out :D)

4) Wait a bit for the end-of-year annoucements, like an asteroid or new land sold by MA, it may balance some prices...

If you invest at anything in EU... I reckon the end of year opportunity announced is the safest thing to invest in, in EU...that is.

More investors are great! Im a heavy depositor aswell atm... think its the right time now. But i belive waiting for the big sale will be good 4 u

If you invest at anything in EU... I reckon the end of year opportunity announced is the safest thing to invest in, in EU...that is.

I wonder if the Bank owners would agree with that statement.

I'm no LA owner, but do own a couple of estates and have Deathifier on FL. ;)

Do a bank transfer would be good idea... but remember, there's probably a transfer fee involved, and depending on your location, maybe even an international fee assessed by the banks (fees, etc. probably run around 3-6% depending on your location, etc.)

Search and find some LA owners to talk to. Most LA owners have accounts here in the forums so you can PM em.

I think this is going to depend a lot on location, and what you do with the place. A little no-name LA with no events probably will get a lot less activity and ROI then a place that has massive spawns of popular mobs where the LA owner is always giving away massive gifts in events, etc., making the place popular.

Biggest thing to think about is the TT value of the deed. MA only guarantees TT value - and only does that for 6 month periods... since deeds don't have that, well... the consequences can be big, especially if MA goes under... Also, look at market values and trends. It might be possible that if you sell the place, you'll get all your peds back... but on the other hand... ... ...

that one of those "oportunities" wchich was no oportunity at all. If we cont toward that TI, CP and CND u have 25% of chances to screw so called " end year oportunity". Not bad average i must say...

As for LA best advice what was writen here is to talk to any LA owner, ppl who don't own LA's don't know almost nothing and will be only missleading you, depend if they are realy lack of knowledge, got some bussines in that or jealously don't want another player to become non-depositor :)

2) ONLY Talk to an LA owner. I reocmmend someone very active like Oleg. It's not a secret info, but I would recommend to talk to someone who does it regulary than just reading a tutorial.

Um no, don't talk to me, I've never owned or managed an LA.

Hey, I did say safest option in EU. Not safest investment option (period).

The banks could have easily worked if.... (list huge list of conditions here).

Whatever the end of your opportunity is going to be, it is quite likely to be one which won't be dealing with lots of competition. Invest in that, and you may have a monopoly.

thanks for all the answers and opinions ...

I have decided that I rather blow 20.000 peds here and have fun with it, then investing 200.000 into something I would, after careful consideration, consider a risk investment ...

The main reason behind it is MA tbh ... I cannot control them and if they decide to create another 1.000 LA's with 1.000 unique mobs (exageration intended) then I might as well tt my deed.

That said, I can see the attraction to have an LA and if only to finance your own gameplay with the taxes ... I will invest the money IRL and might just depo the interest into EU, which will be more than enough to keep my level of gameplay going :)

Angel

I have decided that I rather blow 20.000 peds here and have fun with it, then investing 200.000 into something I would, after careful consideration, consider a risk investment ...

The main reason behind it is MA tbh ... I cannot control them and if they decide to create another 1.000 LA's with 1.000 unique mobs (exageration intended) then I might as well tt my deed.

That said, I can see the attraction to have an LA and if only to finance your own gameplay with the taxes ... I will invest the money IRL and might just depo the interest into EU, which will be more than enough to keep my level of gameplay going :)

Angel

Try Naomi her event and you might win an LA.

Or Merry Mayhem at the end of the year. Although 20k ped might be a small budget for that one.

Cheers
Siam

Angel

eu is one of the safest investments you could ever make i think you will regret not investing here!

wait for new planets. you will have more options and the actual land area prices in calypso will drop down.
IMO

Angel, try my new investment fund, give me 200k Ped, wait one year, and at the end of the year I'll give you 100k Ped back guaranteed. Much better than most of the investment funds!

Seriously though, I'd wait to see if Rocktropia ever gets its blueprints out so it can have a functional economy, then starts selling Land Areas. I'd be very surprised if they start selling for over 200k. Of course its a risky investment no matter what, but with all the new planets coming I'd expect this all to last a little while longer at least.

Angel, try my new investment fund, give me 200k Ped, wait one year, and at the end of the year I'll give you 100k Ped back guaranteed. Much better than most of the investment funds!

Seriously though, I'd wait to see if Rocktropia ever gets its blueprints out so it can have a functional economy, then starts selling Land Areas. I'd be very surprised if they start selling for over 200k. Of course its a risky investment no matter what, but with all the new planets coming I'd expect this all to last a little while longer at least.

I agree, but my decision not to invest the money into EU is more based on the fact that I have no control over it. If MA does something over night, I cannot even react to it. Plus, there is no way I can get empirical data on the roi... As I said, I do not mind blowing 20k ped here for fun (hell, I have withdrawn a lot more in the past so am only giving back some, hehe)...

Plus, (this is non-EU related) the neighbour of my brother and my parents is ... well not the nicest person in the world and we have concern to believe that he will go bankrupt in the next few years (if not send to prison earlier) ... So should that become true, we really want to buy the house etc costing about 500.000 Euros ... So I rather keep it somewhere where it is a little bit safer and deposit like any other guy my XXX Euros every month

Angel

Back