Could it be done?

Dorsai

Elite
Society
Supremacy Reign.
I am no programmer.

(Last time I coded more than 30 lines it was for A ZX Spectrum...)

With this in mind.

Tracker tracks my glows, but storage space for the data understandably means that after a set point in time the data is "discarded", and all that remains is a "total" plus current data.

Could it be done that I keep on my own PC a list of my glows, that is kept up to date using tracker data?

Tracker discards data over 30 days old, but I can save it..?

I think each global needs about 10 Bytes of storage space, 2 bytes for mobtype 4 bytes for time and 4 bytes for value. You could even do it with lesser amount of data used but i think it is better for example to plan with more than 256 mob types.

Today with 100GB of harddisk space costing almost nothing I think he can store easily 20 billion globals only the processing in such a hughe database would take some time.

I think each global needs about 10 Bytes of storage space, 2 bytes for mobtype 4 bytes for time and 4 bytes for value. You could even do it with lesser amount of data used but i think it is better for example to plan with more than 256 mob types.

Today with 100GB of harddisk space costing almost nothing I think he can store easily 20 billion globals only the processing in such a hughe database would take some time.
Correct. Storage space is no longer an issue, provided the database has been properly normalized.
Queries will take longer to execute as tables grow larger, but with correct indexing this also should not be a reason to cut history off at 30 days. The three most popular RDMS's for web apps are all highly efficient, designed to do just this type of work in fact.
I think these limits simply err on the side of caution, and an active history of 6 months would in all likelihood be no problem at all. ;)

On a sidenote, it's quite easy to save data that is presented in HTML tables (ie like ET does it) to an Excel spreadsheet, and save it in that form, or even to your own local database.

Actually.. We never discard data.. at the moment we have 764.021 hunting globals, 150.063 mining globals and 351.375 crafting globals.

The signatures, which I think is what you are referring to only show the last 30 days because this is what your rank is composed of.
If you want all your globals in a nice csv file you can go to "My page" then click "Download my globals". Then select which global types you want to download (hunting, crafting or mining).. and voilla.. then you can load them into Excell to make your own charts and what not... :)

(Ps. cant remember if I made this a premium member thing only)

EDIT : Correction ... it's NOT premium ... you NOT greedy Starfinder ;)

EDIT : Correction ... it's NOT premium ... you NOT greedy Starfinder ;)

Yeah.. im getting somewhat used to ppl calling me that,,, I guess it would be the same as my boss calling me greedy for wanting a salary for what I do at work.......

Actually.. We never discard data.. at the moment we have 764.021 hunting globals, 150.063 mining globals and 351.375 crafting globals.

The signatures, which I think is what you are referring to only show the last 30 days because this is what your rank is composed of.
If you want all your globals in a nice csv file you can go to "My page" then click "Download my globals". Then select which global types you want to download (hunting, crafting or mining).. and voilla.. then you can load them into Excell to make your own charts and what not... :)

I recommend making it a free feature for 2 weeks, after which it becomes part of the Premium package... :laugh: (jk, harmless fun!)

I recommend making it a free feature for 2 weeks, after which it becomes part of the Premium package... :laugh: (jk, harmless fun!)

Please tell us how many -Reps you got for the people that didn't read till the end of that sentance :D

But yeah downloading your globals to an excel sheet isn't hard at all, I do it and create a few charts and whatnot just out of interest :)

~Tracer

OK, I guess I got the idea about the 30 day thing from miss-remembering the bit about sig's.

Yes, I now, see the "download my glowbals" link & no it's not premium. I guess I missed it because dark blue on a black background is hard to see unless you are looking for it. ;)

I also like getting paid for what I do. :D

Back