Crone wants to be in all 50 most skilled societies for a week

I love this idea and look very much forward to read more of the ensuing adventures!

Actually Crone is one of the funniest guys that I got to know in EU and for those socs that miss out in letting him in I can only say that you are missing out a lot on hilarious humor and a fresh angle of view on your society :yup:

Last edited:
Amber would like to encourage Crone to post a picture or two from his adventurers.
This quest is a great read and will for sure continue to be!

Crone forgot to tell that skill gains are actually pretty funny. During that society hunt he mostly gained courage. Today Crone had a good talk with some of the members about hunting, since he was very bad at it last time. They told Crone that the difference between gain and loss was only small. Also that night Mai and Crone had a nice global on a small Atrox. A small global was enough to let Mai and Crone finish in positive numbers.

After the Atrox Mai and Crone went for drones. Drones died very fast tonight. Crone mentioned this in society chat and got a response that sounded somewhat like this: Crone is a Ranger now, so drones are now scared of him. Still many drones came after Mai and Crone trying to kill them, but that didn't work out well... for the Drones. Also Mai and him ran into a Trooper. A Trooper is way to big for Crone to kill so they ran around the Trooper. Maybe if the Trooper knew, the Trooper would be scared like the drones. But Since Troopers don't fit into a service center they probably can't read the society terminal. Chances are Troopers don't know Crone is Ranger for a week.

The loot didn't chance. Dispite the story that people seem to believe that big societies get more loot is wrong. Crone can't stand for that any longer. He doesn't notice any difference. According to the society members you need to be smarter and wiser instead of complaining. Much has to do with discipline.

Crone remembers the day he was a sweater. Sweat would be sold at 1.5 pec, and if lucky even more, per bottle. Sweating really took discipline. Short after, Crone pulled out his wallet to avoid sweating. Crone just isn't disciplined. This said he realises he has to change since the Universe won't.

Rangers and Crone almost comes to an end. He has to admit he had an awesome time with the Rangers. They were really nice. This time Crone knows from experience.

Crone isn't sure about the next society that will invite him for a week yet, but the first week isn't over either. The Rangers talked about everything with Crone, how their society functions, what they like to do, and sometimes a little bit about their real life.

Also the Rangers took Crone to some events. They went for WOF, a society hunt on Scipulors (they ate Crone as snack) and Proteron, a team hunt with some society mates, Mai could come aswell. They hunted Frescocuda's that time. We even globalled that hunt. Ah, this makes him think when one member said his gun broke down. Then he pulled out a big sword and started banging with it. Crone believes that even with that sword he did more damage than Mai or Crone. That was pretty cool.

In between everything thing they also showed Crone how to hunt more economic. Sometimes a few %'s does the trick. Crone believes he made some new friends, he can only hope the Rangers believe the same. With that in mind he will enjoy the last (few) day(s) with the Rangers.

Crone left the Rangers today. The week has passed. :( Actually Crone has a very good time with the Rangers. They have been helpful, thoughtful and they are just nice people. Some of the lessons he learnt: play more economic unless you like to keep depositing. Second thing he learnt is that it will just take time to become a member of a top 50 most skilled society. If that is a goal at all. Just about 130k skills to go, maybe a bit less. Third thing he learnt is that there is nothing special about being in a top 50 most skilled society. Wrong. ;) Crone explained why.

Where to find long time players better than in a top 50 most skilled society? Afteral it takes time to get skills. Anything special about long time players? No... mostly not, but they have been around for some time, they probably like the game and Crone rather plays with people having a positive mindset.

All this he learnt plus a lot of other things. How to hunt feffoids for instance. :)

Crone enjoyed his stay at the Rangers and is very honoured by being invited.

Since the week has passed Crone hopes there will be other societies willing to take him as guest for a week. He expects nothing than a bit of friendlyness, but that's probably not going to be a problem since the society was friendly enough to invite him in the first place. That does not mean societies aren't friendly when they don't invite him. Actually this is getting confusing.

49 to go :)

As rangers we had the honor of welcoming Crone as a guest for a week. To the other top 50 societies out there i have a few things to say.

First off our rank didn't drop dramatically, sure Crone hasn't got 200k skills but he is no total noob neither, Crone was very well behaved, polite and fun. He was also able to join soc hunts on relative big mobs and survive. Ok we didn't go for warlocks, but if we did, he woulnd't have died more then me :)

And most important, Crone talking about Crone in the third person isn't as annoying as some might think (we even cought him saying "I" once or twice :woot:)

We would like other societies to give Crone a chance as well, he's an asset to any soc.

And Crone, when you have been in the other 49 socs, you are very welcome to start over again and join us for another week (or maybe even a few more).

..when he ran a disciple to a tp. We had a good laugh, shared the loot and ran to the tp. That 500 ped went a long way for Mikki, Crone blew it away within 2 days with a small gun.

You have went out of line while telling the story of Crone.
One shall not use the first person around him.

Crone begins to question your ability. You should be careful as Crone might overlook you, and have someone else spread his tales.

And most important, Crone talking about Crone in the third person isn't as annoying as some might think (we even cought him saying "I" once or twice :woot:)

:ahh:

Crone can't help his message is too short. Last time Crone had this problem he wrote a message of more than enough extra lines. This time he won't do that, because it will be total $%@#. So he will just say the necessairy few words to make sure his smiley gets posted. Afteral who needs all the nonsense about nothing. Crone once learnt: "if you can't say it in one line, then don't say it."

Oh well... too late now. Just don't forget it was all about that smiley up there.

More on topic: It makes Crone happy to see you appreciated it aswell, Harmony. Crone sure did. Thanks again!

Crone, I like this thread and enjoyed reading it. Alpha WildD3amons will accept you in for a week but not this week more like the 5th or 6th of May. Reason being I am currently on NI BROKE and I don't want to depo till next week in preparation for WoF. Others are around yes but makes no sense to join yet if your host isn't active. So that will give you a week with a SOC if one opens the door till I can accept you into AWD.

It was very good to have Crone with us.

I dare to say that Rangers is a group of people who get along extreme well, but we might not be the most chatty soc around. :laugh:
So it happened that i learned a thing or two about my soc mates as well, just because of the way Crone uses to asks things.

I don't know if you can archive the goal being in all top socs for a while Crone.
What i do know though is that it will not only be a good experience for you but also for every soc that has you as guest.

I will be watching this tread Crone, 49, 48, 47. GOGOGO :yay:

Good luck in your mission :)
Rapido, the man with a sword at that hunt :cool:

*Crone blushes even more* (No smiley for that one)

Crone, I like this thread and enjoyed reading it. Alpha WildD3amons will accept you in for a week but not this week more like the 5th or 6th of May. Reason being I am currently on NI BROKE and I don't want to depo till next week in preparation for WoF. Others are around yes but makes no sense to join yet if your host isn't active. So that will give you a week with a SOC if one opens the door till I can accept you into AWD.

This is very much appreciated Wildman. Crone looks forward to accept this invitation any time it suits your society. :)

Gonna have to check with mates.. don't think a week with you will do us any harm and happy to help you toward your goal. Might be some fun for us :)

We're freelancers doing our own thing though ... so know that in advance.

Casay
Damage Inc.

What a lovely thread, going to have to sit her and press F5 for the upcoming weeks... months...and years, just because it's such an awesome thread, good job with it and good luck getting into all of them top 50 societies.

Chrome is fascinated by Crone's personal quest. :wise:

This reminds me so much of the forum threads that I used to love, back when I started.

Serica wishes Crone all the best with his quest.

Chrome is fascinated by Crone's personal quest. :wise:

Mega is quite envious of Crone's quest, however Mega doesn't do team hunts and doesnt respond well to being ordered about so it wouldnt work out well for Mega. :laugh:

Good luck with the next 49 Crone.

curios to see how crone´s quest will go on, really funny idea :girl:

Thank you!

Cyco thinks Crone is failing? Crone did not talk in third person in his reply.

Cyco is quite sure it should be "Crone says thank you"

Good luck :) And I daresay there is a good chance that most of our members would welcome you aswell if its brought up

Excitement is flowing through Crone's veins when he reads all these positive reactions. He sure hopes some of these (all of these) will lead to actual invites.

Crone should keep a list of societies where he has actually been to for a week, but that list will be very short at this time. He will just edit the first thread with this.

Again thanks for all the positive reactions!

Also Crone noticed a huge increase of views over the last few days. Some people seem to attract the attention of others, or people are getting very excited like Crone is. Anyways, still 49 to go. One invite received by Wildman. :yay:

ps. CycoKick, Crone would love to explain all his secrets about Crone speaking like Crone, but he won't. But one hint: you wouldn't say: "I thank you", would you? Then again you wouldn't say: "CycoKick likes peanutbutter" either.

you wouldn't say: "I thank you", would you?

red points out that the above is the correct formal usage for the verb "thank". red accepts that in common usage the subject in short sentences is often excluded as the speaker is implied.

red thinks that's pretty funny when people howl obscenities such as "f@&k you!". red often snickers to herself and wonders if they actually understand the implications of what they say. it is a good thing that red is easily amused.

red thinks that's pretty funny when people howl obscenities such as "f@&k you!".

Crone is married and therefor cannot reply the way he likes to reply.

Wildman is glad Crone said he was married and just didn't want to reply otherwise Kimmy would visit this thread a lot more :laugh:

Can't wait to run with you for a week sounds like it is going to be fun.

gl on ur quest Crone and all my respects to the top 50 soc's helping u !!:tiphat::thumbup:

Crone has always brought a smile to Butch's face when Butch reads Crones threads/posts.

Good luck Crone and Butch hopes more soc's invite Crone on board for a week

(that 3rd person talk isn't as easy as it looks)

Apply :)
Damage Inc doing their part to have some fun :)

Crone will apply when he gets home from work, will that do? This is much appreciated.

Back