Curious change of hearts.

Status
What I have tried to say throughout is that this game has an enormous appeal to many people, who are pissed off with their regular MMOPG games. They are rasping for such a game as ours, but we have to make it more accessible and think in terms of economy of scale.

If I sold you a wonderful pie for $ 8 I might get 3000 of you to buy it.

If I sold the same pie for 3$ I would get 20 000.

If I stopped thinking anally about niche and went out into 2014 mode instead of 2005 mode, the world is the oyster.

Old, mid-term, and new players would all reap the rewards. As would the admin.

But I discovered in business, courage is a hard won thing.

If the same pie cost 4$, you'd be broke in a week. But of course, with the beautiful business insights and strategic overview you have, you have already found a solution for that. Maybe one which was already forseen by Jeanne of Arc or Leonardo DaVinci.

What the fuck is it that people use videos to make a point instead of using the ENGLISH language?

What the fuck? are you mute?

"A picture is worth a thousand words" :wise:

"A picture is worth a thousand words" :wise:

Not when we are using words. Or ought to be, to express thoughts.

Videos and images have infested most people's minds so much, they almost ( and sometimes do ) forget to think in language.

Not when we are using words. Or ought to be, to express thoughts.

Videos and images have infested most people's minds so much, they almost ( and sometimes do ) forget to think in language.

there you go telling people how think again. telling people we should be using words instead of video to express thoughts, is so 1990's man.

ever consider we are evolving to an age where words are obsolete? god I hope so my fingers are tired of typing for a hour just to make a simple concept sharable. its like we are cave men scratching in the dirt to communicate.

but in the near future, words will be as obsolete as paper is...and maybe then we will FINALLY UNDERSTAND each other as a human race.

there you go telling people how think again. telling people we should be using words instead of video to express thoughts, is so 1990's man.

ever consider we are evolving to an age where words are obsolete? god I hope so my fingers are tired of typing for a hour just to make a simple concept sharable. its like we are cave men scratching in the dirt to communicate.

but in the near future, words will be as obsolete as paper is...and maybe then we will FINALLY UNDERSTAND each other as a human race.

Paper existed forever, and it always will, so put that thought out of your head.

Also, we will never understand one another, that is purely in the human condition, to be suspicious, to doubt, to have all kinds of irrational ideas.

Even within this small world don't you see all the deception, lies, theft, and general mayhem caused by others?

If you cannot have stability ( not that this is a necessary condition for a good game ) here then where?

It is not in our psyche to be unified, but it is in our psyche to be more organized.

Paper existed forever, and it always will, so put that thought out of your head.

It is not in our psyche to be unified, but it is in our psyche to be more organized.

paper obviously did not exist forever, thats some al gore bs. and nothing invented ever lasts forever something always comes along to make it obsolete. in this case digital will be the death of paper. you dont agree thats fine, the rest of the world is moving on with out your paper. kindle, usb, rdif, hell debit cards...I can buy and sell a house with out ever touching paper. eventually paper will be a thing of the past.

Organization is a taught social skill.

paper obviously did not exist forever, thats some al gore bs. and nothing invented ever lasts forever something always comes along to make it obsolete. in this case digital will be the death of paper. you dont agree thats fine, the rest of the world is moving on with out your paper. kindle, usb, rdif, hell debit cards...I can buy and sell a house with out ever touching paper. eventually paper will be a thing of the past.

Organization is a taught social skill.

I guess papyrus existed from the 3rd Millennium in Egypt and more paper books are being printed than ever before.

We also have electronic books of course, that recreate the reading experience, but it is essentially a paper-based readership, who use several mediums.

Obsolescence is not a function of what you use, I.E electronic media, but the people who use and control those mediums. Kindle is still essentially a hold on the paper universe, and even if all books go to Kindle or some similar medium, it is still a paper medium.

Words speak louder than actions, and pictures or videos fall silent in comparison.

We are off topic of course, but never forget, people will never, can never get each other. There is never going to be a unified get-together of minds, but in this game, we should get better organized or we will all lose.

Last edited:
Peezle, do you speak like you write?
Or do you use a different 'type' of English when speaking than when writing?
(sorry for off topic, just something I have been curious about)

Peezle, do you speak like you write?
Or do you use a different 'type' of English when speaking than when writing?
(sorry for off topic, just something I have been curious about)

As an Englishman, I use English in general in real life, but as an editor I use editor-speak. So um, never sure which voice I use.

Hope that confuses the hell out of you.

I am not sure is the simplest answer.

Oh wait, I never teach being an idiot is the best way, I am a lover of using language. With Children, one has to be hard.

As an Englishman, I use English in general in real life, but as an editor I use editor-speak. So um, never sure which voice I use.

Oh wait, I never teach being an idiot is the best way, I am a lover of using language. With Children, one has to be hard.

Well, what confuses me mostly here, is that you are an Englishman, AND an editor, yet... you don't follow grammar...

--> So, uhm, I am never sure which voice I am using

--> I hope that this confuses the hell out of you.
--> "I am not sure", is the simplest answer (unless you meant to say:
--> I am not sure this is the simplest answer.
Oh wait, I never teach being an idiot is the best way, I am a lover of using language.
-->Oh wait, I never teach. Being an idiot is the best way. I am a lover of using language.
or is it
--> Oh wait, I never teach (someone) that being an idiot is the best way.

With children, one has to be hard
--> Excuse me...? Did you just say children turn you on?

From an English editor, who loves using language, I'd be expecting more respect to the rules of grammar and a higher skill in getting your thought across in an unambiguous way. I'd also expect that you respect the concept of words having a different meaning in different contexts, and not just using a word with the meaning of context A at spot 1 and context B on spot 2 (as you do with "Investment", which you sometime use in the meaning of the Economic context, and other times from a more sociological point of view).

Last edited:
People can say all they want, for me the real indicator of number of actives is the global count sum in all professions. That's the closest thing to a valid indicator there is.
Hunting has stayed somewhat stable in last 3 years (steady increase), mining and crafting have gone down alot.
Total, I think stays around the same with seasonal changes.
Agreed we need more players, though it's not clear to me how MA/PPs can motivate someone with a limited budget to stay for a longer time, since the timespan for them to hold on to their peds is quite limited in the main professions.

bit late with a reply here but there is a flaw in your estimation

MA introduced 10 ped globals on smaller mobs, which Tracker counts, so really hunting globals 50ped+ have dropped significantly

Paper, ability to read and write, spelling and grammar... it's already fading away. Want a proof? Look in the mirror.

There's already technologies that can read the brain impulses and transfer them to external devices.
Make one step more and u get technological counterpart for the telepathy.
It won't become a mainstream technology any time soon but we're talking about the possibilities here, about the big picture. Paper? Forever? C'mon, it's the 21st century already.
Yes more books are printed now than ever before. Chinese have made so much money building tablets that now they can afford buying a book, or two. :laugh: Unimportant ripples, backwash of the big processes that are heading to a different direction already...

As ppl grow older their brain tends to become rigid, loses it's flexibility and capability to learn new things. That's OK for the ordinary ppl, simple unavoidable facts of life.
Then again, a rigid visionary who's stuck in the past? Um... that's kinda backwards, isn't it? :silly2:

Last edited:
Well, what confuses me mostly here, is that you are an Englishman, AND an editor, yet... you don't follow grammar...

--> So, uhm, I am never sure which voice I am using

--> I hope that this confuses the hell out of you.

--> "I am not sure", is the simplest answer (unless you meant to say:
--> I am not sure this is the simplest answer.

-->Oh wait, I never teach. Being an idiot is the best way. I am am lover of using language.
or is it
--> Oh wait, I never teach (someone) that being an idiot is the best way.

--> Excuse me...? Did you just say children turn you on?

From an English editor, who loves using language, I'd be expecting more respect to the rules of grammar and a higher skill in getting your thought across in an unambiguous way. I'd also expect that you respect the concept of words having a different meaning in different contexts, and not just using a word with the meaning of context A at spot 1 and context B on spot 2 (as you do with "Investment", which you sometime use in the meaning of the Economic context, and other times from a more sociological point of view).

I guess boasting "the professional editor job" doesn't work in your favor. I'm glad you don't know my profession.

Since way back I have been arguing for more players, more invest in more players, and less focus on new development on planets. Not skill augmentation or such... though this is needed.

Now, all of a sudden, we have a flurry of threads and posts and angst over the lack of new players and I think this:

And now you see you are losing, not because you are crap, or broke, or lacking in gamer knowledge.

But because the lack of a player base is a basic endpoint of your gaming life.

Now yes, EU will probably survive, linger on, do something, even earn money for a few.

But it will not be a vibrant and fun and enduring legacy of the internet community.

Unless we have more players.

^ is the simple and end answer.

The sad thing is, people who would have learnt more, gained more ( not financially ) and done more are lost because the game decided it wanted to milk the cow, not the herd.
Ya I just came back for the second time in years and started things off with a big depo. let's get things rolling!!!!!

Normadie Radio is your source?

What about " I will say whatever I want radio?"

Please. I am not mocking you, just saying, think about your sources.

The point stands. I Love this game concept and hate its current application and leadership.

they key thing here is this. (and this is coming from someone who has played every type of game/mmo out there) this game is fun and offers something no other game can come close to offering but the main reason I play this game is because it's a worldwide community game. It spans and is played in a lot of countries in the world, I'm USA myself, and because of that the potential for the possible player base is soooooo HUGE, compared to other games anywhere out there

The point stands. I Love this game concept and hate its current application and leadership.

Just curious but if you hate the leadership and application.
Why would you want to support them by playing?
For that matter how can you possibly enjoy playing?
is the love of the game concept enough to keep you satisfied with playing?

For me, personally I love the game concept, love the leadership, and think the current application is in a growing stage which is often painful in any thing, but even more in things we love.

For me, personally I love the game concept, love the leadership, and think the current application is in a growing stage which is often painful in any thing, but even more in things we love.

Oh no,... I promised myself only to 'view' not reply what am I doing.....lol.

Come on Smurf; The game is currently celebrating it's 10 anniversary, this is supposed to be the most glorious year of the previous 10 years.

This should be the pinnacle of celebration and cheer for all, the place should be packed with thousands of players. A community unrivalled, with other games looking on in awe at it's pure gigantic awesomeness.

Actually what is the end date of the 10th Anniversary, or did that finish ages ago?

I must stop because my cheeks are hurting.

Good night

Rick

Oh no,... I promised myself only to 'view' not reply what am I doing.....lol.

Come on Smurf; The game is currently celebrating it's 10 anniversary, this is supposed to be the most glorious year of the previous 10 years.

This should be the pinnacle of celebration and cheer for all, the place should be packed with thousands of players. A community unrivalled, with other games looking on in awe at it's pure gigantic awesomeness.

Actually what is the end date of the 10th Anniversary, or did that finish ages ago?

I must stop because my cheeks are hurting.

Good night

Rick

Welcome to the madhouse.
Sure very valid point, there is a lot of things it should be, or could be..but as long as its still possible, that it "might be". I would say its still growing. 10 years seems a long time, but MA seems to have longer plans.

you must be thinking of some other game...

Ill-defined comment, I am thinking of this game, where it sucks to be a lvl 50ish crafter, actually 70 - 80 hunter also, and miner.

Oh hell, it sucks to be as well skilled as many people I know who are not getting the returns they think their skills correlate to. A great many 70+ hunters,miners, and the rest are restless, like a shifting mass of Alpha males and females who cannot find the right mate to fit their ability, and money to represent the experience, if not a win win, but at least a nice sense of return on time and money invested. Even as a level 67 or 80 or whatever.

I for one, as not as skilled as them, can only feel for them. But as an investor in other things, think - quite obviously - they are being wasted and used as a resource.

Imagine if Jerry Springer never had really really nasty people in his world? He would have never made a dime.

Imagine if people didn't drink coffee, Starbucks would suck at making money.

Imagine if EU told people skills mattered and made it mean shit?

And forgot to tell others it mattered...

Business is not a hobby.

Ill-defined comment, I am thinking of this game, where it sucks to be a lvl 50ish crafter, actually 70 - 80 hunter also, and miner.

Oh hell, it sucks to be as well skilled as many people I know who are not getting the returns they think their skills correlate to. A great many 70+ hunters,miners, and the rest are restless, like a shifting mass of Alpha males and females who cannot find the right mate to fit their ability, and money to represent the experience, if not a win win, but at least a nice sense of return on time and money invested. Even as a level 67 or 80 or whatever.

I for one, as not as skilled as them, can only feel for them. But as an investor in other things, think - quite obviously - they are being wasted and used as a resource.

Imagine if Jerry Springer never had really really nasty people in his world? He would have never made a dime.

Business is not a hobby.

Starbucks is not coffee.
Skills matter.
I get plenty of money back out of this game. Which other game lets you?
Stop bashing the game for your incompetence. The game does not suck, you do.

Imagine if people didn't drink coffee, Starbucks wImagine if Jerry Springer never had really really nasty people in his world? He would have never made a dime.

Business is not a hobby.

If jerry had decent people with interesting topics, rather than the trash fest he serves up. would he make as much? its arguable that for every watcher he would lose...he would gain one like me that wont watch that trash, but might watch decency. so would probly still earn as much, coming down to his ability to entertain. which is technically what he gets paid for.

If people didn't drink coffee, Starbucks would sell milkshakes, or whatever people wanted to drink. its simply a service industry, look at "anything" people want to consume and you will find a service selling it (contact me for warp flights)

If EU told people skills mattered, for returns. everyone would buy skill chips to win. (instead of buying skill chips to compete, as is current system). Skills do not change your game! I could be a lvl 100 hunter and play all day sweating for free. skills, ALLOW you to choose from a wider selection of game options. what you do with those options is up to you.

Who made you the boss of what is considered a hobby? seems the dictionary does not agree with you. unless your saying its impossible for someone to enjoy a business simulation in a virtual universe gaming model?

noun
noun: hobby; plural noun: hobbies
1. an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.

Business is not a hobby.

Why not? Says who?... What about Celebrity Apprentice? :wise:

And FYI - Springer's show was fake, staged by actors, like Pro Wrestling! :yup:

Thats what i need to know.. And they said markup will lessen your lose but where is the markup? Only if you looted supremecy (L) or esi.. How the 101% on animal hides and oils helps and always lootin ammo's lol

Thats what i need to know.. And they said markup will lessen your lose but where is the markup? Only if you looted supremecy (L) or esi.. How the 101% on animal hides and oils helps and always lootin ammo's lol

1978 my brother had the world best computer cost him his mother's month's salary.

In 1998 I had the world best computer, cost me and the wife 2 months fun.

In 2014 I have the world's best computer, cost me an afternoon's lunch.

But what on earth are we missing... by we I mean you, to think a game is made up of momentary hits, nice loots of stupid items, the first people to discover nothing in particular.

There is in this game a deep and lurking possibility of something we might not have seen before... something other games might not even be aware of... and something that might explode... a concept of otherness. Your otherness, not as a gamer or a player of games ( two different things ) but one who games with others.

1978 my brother had the world best computer cost him his mother's month's salary.

In 1998 I had the world best computer, cost me and the wife 2 months fun.

In 2014 I have the world's best computer, cost me an afternoon's lunch.

So you have this? And the Chinese sold it to you for lunch money? Those must have been some hungry scientists. Watch your phrasing smarty pants.

So you have this? And the Chinese sold it to you for lunch money? Those must have been some hungry scientists. Watch your phrasing smarty pants.

Me and my brother never got off from making videos or feeling smart. I live In England, a land of sexy girls who are also smart.

Do you see what I got off now? You get me now?

Do you think sexy girls are stupid? do you think video boys are smart? really? what THE FUCK?

Wake up. Sex and smart is a one way deal.

I am only into smart answers.

Try to use your brain.

I hate my brother, he is a boring, sexless, tedious idiot.

But he does run a nuclear plant in the UK.

So, ye, fuck you who think you know shit.
Sorry all, I love all you players more than this moron, but this is the measure of me and my family and our intelligence.

We are fuck ups on a grand scale.

But ye, my brother is a prick:)

Last edited:
Status
Back