David/MA `s thread just got deleted?

Just post it on the other forum.

I really disrespect censorship...

damn what have i missed. Think i might need to google a few things ;)

damn what have i missed. Think i might need to google a few things ;)

There is some kind of controversy over a failed game. There are quite a few people wondering what this game is. It also appears there are a few people who know the title. There may even be one individual on this thread who has expressed displeasure over the removal of this information from the forum. However the mods can do this since it is their forum!

There seems to be some discussion happening, but there is little direction to it.

There seems to be some discussion happening, but there is little direction to it.

I had honestly no idea such thing existed in first place tbh.

I hope the guys at MindArk actually very carefuly read this piece:

"Unfortunately, this also meant that [name]'s customers were hardest hit by the recession, and, so was [name]."

Do we plan on coming back here :scratch2:

Keeping the forum from turning into a whining garbage can is one thing; but freedom of speech is another...

Stay here, or move there, now there is a question. I would move there if I was registered, but I am not, yet. :confused:

Do we plan on coming back here :scratch2:

Keeping the forum from turning into a whining garbage can is one thing; but freedom of speech is another...

ofc, ef is a still good place with many nice players but governance sucks.
I'm registered there now so I will start to look in both places.

In the early days another forum was more popular than this one, and I only moved here when the other died slowly. Who knows what will happen with this one on the long run ...

C ya here and THERE ;)

man it looks like its time to drive the moogle van to the EULA hotel
eula.jpg

Did it ever occur to anyone that David removed his own post?

He has the ability to do so. Maybe he thought it better to not have the discussion he was about to generate.

That being said, alot of folks may be blaming the EF staff unnecessarily. Ive had some pretty colorful discussions on this forum, and EF staff has generally maintained themselves as fair, distant, and professional.

I dont see them deleting a post from one of their chief patrons.

Yea !! there is a mmo named THERE who just financialy died.

Damn it remind me the end of Matrix online. Was here at the very last end and I think I mourned.

Yea !! there is a mmo named THERE who just financialy died.

Damn it remind me the end of Matrix online. Was here at the very last end and I think I mourned.

Looking at the stuff on the front page it looked like PE vu 8.

In a way, too bad I missed to check it out.

One thing i saw directly was that there was an introductry video on the first page telling how controls worked, I miss something like that from the planetcalypso.com (or whereever new players find it nowdays).

Ah, there is a manual there. But don't read the manual - if you do read the manual, you will be prohibited from "divulging" how to move around and how to use teleporters.

Dang recession... :rolleyes:

<Never even heard of it, maybe MA will start to advertise more as a result of THERE misfortune?>

Dang recession... :rolleyes:

<Never even heard of it, maybe MA will start to advertise more as a result of THERE misfortune?>

MA should not advertise until they have a suitable mechanism ingame for newbie entertainment.

A bunch of newbies getting bored sweating is not the way to sell a game.

MA should not advertise until they have a suitable mechanism ingame for newbie entertainment.

A bunch of newbies getting bored sweating is not the way to sell a game.

I just can't come to terms with this type of statement. It's a RCE game, hence you need some RC to play it. Boredom is a noobs choice, it doesn't have to be like that.

The similarities to what that other RCE did to attract new people for more income in an attempt to avoid going under is quite striking to what MA did/does. Raises the question if David posted it here as some kind of warning....

"hey guys, support us with your dollars! Look what can happen!" ?

Add to that the lack of quarterly financial reports from MA (latest was 2nd Quarter 2009?) and there's enough food for thought.

And although i am against censorship in many ways, i hope EF deleted it and not david himself. If he deleted it himself it implies he suddenly realised such a post may cause panic and/or that he revealed too much.

Ah well... *reaches for pink pair of glasses*

There IS one...

It's called TP runs. :rolleyes:

<Calypso Guide> Ok everyone, lets visit some TP's! This is a cool place to hunt if you had a weapon... and this would be a cool place to mine if you had mining equipment... and here are some apartments you could buy if you had ped... Welcome to Neas, enjoy sweating!

The similarities to what that other RCE did to attract new people for more income in an attempt to avoid going under is quite striking to what MA did/does. Raises the question if David posted it here as some kind of warning....

"hey guys, support us with your dollars! Look what can happen!" ?

Add to that the lack of quarterly financial reports from MA (latest was 2nd Quarter 2009?) and there's enough food for thought.

And although i am against censorship in many ways, i hope EF deleted it and not david himself. If he deleted it himself it implies he suddenly realised such a post may cause panic and/or that he revealed too much.

Ah well... *reaches for pink pair of glasses*

Think David`s intention was to let us know there might be a fresh wave of new players coming in from this rival MMO. MA`s situation is far from what these guys had as MA`s platform provider now and already signed contracts with few planets that should be on their way. Even if MA`s financial have seen better days, I`m pretty sure the CEO and other owners would rather credit the company out of their own pockets then let it die, especially now when they got so far with 3-4 planets launching this year.

I just can't come to terms with this type of statement. It's a RCE game, hence you need some RC to play it. Boredom is a noobs choice, it doesn't have to be like that.

True. However a bored noob is a talkative noob. That boredom can translate itself into very negative reviews on Entropia. The point here is that a customer needs to feel that activities are worth their money to pay for. If the customer does not feel they are getting a good value, they talk.

As a friend of mine says "One I told you so can erase 10 'atta boys."

One must always be mindful of ones detractors, even if one does not agree with them on principle.

Would be nice if ma did have some competition, but one that could actually compete. I bet some things would change in eu if there were a good compeditor.

Think David`s intention was to let us know there might be a fresh wave of new players coming in from this rival MMO. MA`s situation is far from what these guys had as MA`s platform provider now and already signed contracts with few planets that should be on their way. Even if MA`s financial have seen better days, I`m pretty sure the CEO and other owners would rather credit the company out of their own pockets then let it die, especially now when they got so far with 3-4 planets launching this year.

Actually I think u'll find a lot of those players were previous PE players, some may come back others just sold out prior to going to the other RCE or during.

Would be nice if ma did have some competition, but one that could actually compete. I bet some things would change in eu if there were a good compeditor.

They might have in time.

True, we wouldn't want new people here especially with a surge of customers looking for a new home. Let them find a home somewhere else.

This is a good one. So, basically you are saying that of all the other games out there, none come close to this one. Yet, this one is in need of competition so that it will change. Into what? So that it can be like one of the others that don't measure up to this one?

Curious...

True, we wouldn't want new people here especially with a surge of customers looking for a new home. Let them find a home somewhere else.

Your shortsightedness amuses me. If a bunch of new players arrive, and dont like the game due to it being too newbie unfriendly (which it is), they will leave, and tell their friends not to play.

So we will lose not 1 customer, but multiple customers due to the disappointment of one.

Why dont you google Entropia Universe reviews and see what kind of damage a disappointed customer can do.

Patience and a proper newbie introduction program will allow Entropia to grow. Impetuous, rash decisions will cause entropia to be recieved poorly.

There are plenty of MMO's to play, most of which grab your attention from the getgo. EU requires some patience to master --- and unfortunately provides little prior to that mastery.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1158

Other micro-transaction games - if you would call it that, not really something I would even consider competition to the Entropia style gaming target audience.

Only one up to this point is a direct 'open to the public' external competitor and it is still a good way off commercial release readiness.

Maybe some of the There.com clients will give Entropia a look :)
And will stay for longer than a month *holds breath*

*suffocates*

Last edited:
Back