David/MA `s thread just got deleted?

The point here is that a customer needs to feel that activities are worth their money to pay for. If the customer does not feel they are getting a good value, they talk.

I agree to a point ;) But in order for them to determine if they are getting a good value for their money they would first have to deposit.

Sorry for the off topic stray....

first post update with the link. should be safe to discuss here I think.

Ok good to know, it was hard to keep in the rules in the last reply.

Personally I do not think the majority of There.com clients would be lured to the Entropia Universe (or alternate competition) style game service, some may but there are so many other micro-transaction games that are of a closer comfort zone to the There.com environments they are used to/conditioned to.

It won't harm in trying to get some more FPC web banner style advertising out there though to see if any are likely to step up to the Entropia style level of RCE gaming.

All new business helps, but this closure is nothing to go bananas over in expecting any form of major "direct" influx to Entropia.

I don't think the other "game" was in the same league as this really. Besides the bugs we have here it's still a very different thing.

Some concepts like vehicles are coming here and even the storm pants we have since long look like they come from that other game.

Anyways I can see why the thread got deleted. We don't need the-sky-is-falling posts.

This is a good one. So, basically you are saying that of all the other games out there, none come close to this one. Yet, this one is in need of competition so that it will change. Into what? So that it can be like one of the others that don't measure up to this one?

Curious...

Thats just it,, none measure up, if there was "real" competition, MA would have to compete with the % of returns to keep that % of entropians from making the move, Dont get me wrong, I'm dedicated to eu but it would be scary if MA had competition for more than just the obvious reasons.
Aside from anyone that started playing eu since beta, eu has nothing to offer newer players unless you spend a pile of money or can stand the bordum of sweating 8 hrs a day. There would be ups and downs to "real" competition, But in my opinion, MA will always have the upper hand with years of experiance and will adjust and adapt to anything thrown at them. ;)

I think it's all right, they keep stuff from us anyways.

Maybe this was just a small amount of speculation, kinda like what the "Seismic Activity" was a few weeks ago. They might just want to convince us that nothing is going on.

shepard-fairey-obey-eye.jpg

LOL

Last edited:
The toughest competitor in the near term certainly won't be taking the form of an alternative MMO. MA has much more formidable opponents to deal with. A few of these heavy hitters go by the name of … Massive Mortgage Payment, Savage Car Payment, Insane College Loan, Eroding Pension Scheme, Hysterical Employment Insecurity, Destitute Down on Luck Sibling… etc, etc…

The news referred to in the OP is foreboding if for no other reason than the primary reason given by the developers for the closure… Player numbers up - revenue down.

Your shortsightedness amuses me.
Glad I could return the favor.

If a bunch of new players arrive, and dont like the game due to it being too newbie unfriendly (which it is), they will leave, and tell their friends not to play.
And if no one comes to play... well, that's all.

So we will lose not 1 customer, but multiple customers due to the disappointment of one.

Why dont you google Entropia Universe reviews and see what kind of damage a disappointed customer can do.

Patience and a proper newbie introduction program will allow Entropia to grow. Impetuous, rash decisions will cause entropia to be recieved poorly.

There are plenty of MMO's to play, most of which grab your attention from the getgo. EU requires some patience to master --- and unfortunately provides little prior to that mastery.

I came to this game and didn't require anyone to hold my hand or ease me into the game. In fact, I enjoyed it more that there wasn't a bunch of newbie stuff to bother me in the beginning.

Each person will judge the game based on their own desires/needs. If some people find that sweating is too boring and don't want to deposit, it doesn't bother me any if they go telling their friends, "This game is too boring to play for free."
There are plenty of people out there that will enjoy themselves and also tell others. Unless, they never find the game at all.

Hi,

some thoughts:
[...] MA`s situation is far from what these guys had as MA`s platform provider now and already signed contracts with few planets that should be on their way. [...]
These contracts might be a blessing, or a curse.
The planets seem already to be overdue for a long time, how long will the patience & the money of the contractors (Planet Partners) last?
Should MA fail there'd be contractual penalties & compensations to pay ...

However a bored noob is a talkative noob. That boredom can translate itself into very negative reviews on Entropia. The point here is that a customer needs to feel that activities are worth their money to pay for. If the customer does not feel they are getting a good value, they talk.
A very important point, IMHO. It's the first hours/ days of user experience that decides if we have a new participant (that might deposit then) or an angry, frustrated leaver. And these tend to talk a lot about their displease.

While the guides & the quests are a very promising feature there needs to be done much more to rise the number of people that actually stay after trying. We need more people to stabilize the in game economy, more people to deposit, and more people to give our planet(s) a feeling of not "to be lost alone in the wilderness"!

I came to this game [...]
This is nice, welcome! But you'd agree that there might be people with a different approach?
Go out where the smaller mobs are, talk to the try-outs, hear what they feel, and how the environment is recognized by many!
For sure you'll find a lot that are just disappointed, just thought about something completely different, maybe expected that every single mob would carry huge loots; but you'll rarely, very rarely, find people at all that feel comfortable with their experience in the beginning. This sometimes comes later, when "established" or "adopted", and then often the memory of the initial experience changes, too - a human property, the "good old times" ...

Each person will judge the game based on their own desires/needs. If some people find that sweating is too boring and don't want to deposit, it doesn't bother me any if they go telling their friends, "This game is too boring to play for free."
There are plenty of people out there that will enjoy themselves and also tell others. Unless, they never find the game at all.
I am very sorry for every single potentially active participant we're losing! Every single one of them leaving, be it a future depositor with the goal to become a big hunter, or a future non-depositor aiming for making a few cents trading extractors, ores and wool, will be a backstroke for this game.

We need them to populate our virtual home, to ensure a healthy economy, demand and offer on the various markets, and to feel good, entertained & comfortable so they'd tell all of their friends of what a great place this is!

What we have at the moment is sheer stagnation, and it slowly starts to become dangerous, IMHO. Many items have lost a huge amount of their former value, many materials usually traded on a daily basis have this low demand (and thus markup) that it's easier to TT them immediately, many places are just plain empty so sometimes you don't really know if you're not in a single player adventure, and even Twin Peaks often nearly resembles a ghost town.

This is not what we, the paying participants, need.
None of us. We need small traders in any town again, to get rid of our hunting loot quickly. We need many crafters and crafters-to-be again, to get at least a little MU for all of our mined stuff. And we need just more participants to buy our crafted items - as long as it's not basic filters.
And we need more people to socialize, to talk to, to have fun with.

There was times when this was better. When entering PA, or Twins, nearly crashed our machines, due to a sea of green dots. When we rarely TT'ed something at all (with some few exceptions) because every TP was visited frequently by small traders.

When we had a lot more of fun, and, most important, due to the vivid economy and the many deposits, our loot value was this much better, too!

The current low population is disastrous, and needs to be corrected as fast as possible, IMHO.

Have fun!

Hi,

some thoughts:

These contracts might be a blessing, or a curse.
The planets seem already to be overdue for a long time, how long will the patience & the money of the contractors (Planet Partners) last?
Should MA fail there'd be contractual penalties & compensations to pay ...

It`s the other way around actually. MA is waiting for the planets, most likely.

Both NextIsland and Rocktropia are in closed beta atm. In a recent interview, few days ago, NextIsland CEO said his planet is ready for launch in a few weeks. Should both come this spring.

what did david say?

"They're done."

what did david say?

"They're done."

Didn't ND say they were waiting for MA late 2009?

I guess MA promised system like quests, vehicles,... to the planet partners(maybe even contractual) and they are not ready yet...

Hm...

In fact is a competitor for PE in the wild :)

Kinda as we lose hope around 2005 that into a way PE will be...blocky for curent standards but eyecandy is for wussies, feeling is more important. For non-superficials at last.

Anyway isn't rolling on same wheels as PE despite being a RCE, isn't AW and I think is normal and natural some to like wine and other schnapps ;)

In fact is a competitor for PE in the wild :)

Kinda as we lose hope around 2005 that into a way PE will be...blocky for curent standards but eyecandy is for wussies, feeling is more important. For non-superficials at last.

Anyway isn't rolling on same wheels as PE despite being a RCE, isn't AW and I think is normal and natural some to like wine and other schnapps ;)

Holy bjeezus Batman!! What did that guy say??

teka23new(d) anyone? :laugh:

I don't understand. What happened ? A MA thread got closed ? which one ? why ?

711 finally got fed up with those spammers from MA/FPC, so he started to take action. about time as they produced a rough 783 new threads each day!

kidding ... or am i? :silly:

S.

natural some to like wine and other schnapps ;)

Holy bjeezus Batman!! What did that guy say??

teka23new(d) anyone? :laugh:

he said *snaps* and I love snaps :wise:

(I read somewere it doesn't matter what you say as long as the last part is the important part which sums up the meaning .... 42 ... because no one will hear the rest anyway ... especially guys ...)

(I read somewere it doesn't matter what you say as long as the last part is the important part which sums up the meaning .... 42 ... because no one will hear the rest anyway ... especially guys ...)

Hey, I resemble that remark :laugh:

I seriously wonder what kind of thread it was that you are referring to.... MA hotshots bloating about a competitor going belly-up isn't really... well... fill in the blanks.

Big drama going on there. Made me curious about what was going on inside their community and found this: http://www.therevoice.com/DreamThere/current.htm

One of the comments: "We will all chat on another game soon im sure of that bye" - peter7

In Entropia maybe ?:) Might have been the point David was trying to make.

In before lock ;)

Big drama going on there. Made me curious about what was going on inside their community and found this: http://www.therevoice.com/DreamThere/current.htm

One of the comments: "We will all chat on another game soon im sure of that bye" - peter7

In Entropia maybe ?:) Might have been the point David was trying to make.

Barely the kind of point you should be making... kinda looks childish...."Ha haaa... one of our competitors has closed down.... nana na na naaaaaaa"

Barely the kind of point you should be making... kinda looks childish...."Ha haaa... one of our competitors has closed down.... nana na na naaaaaaa"

Don`t see what`s bad in offering them a new home, especially now when they`ve lost theirs or at least is what most feel and say there. Seems to me like an act of kindness. :)

The screenshots I saw would suggest that the "shock" others experienced here needing to upgrade their hardware for v10 would be tenfold for there (sic) customers.

did u guys even play there i logged in for 30 minutes to see wat it was about and it was absolute shit house

Don`t see what`s bad in offering them a new home, especially now when they`ve lost theirs or at least is what most feel and say there. Seems to me like an act of kindness. :)

Yeah, sure... but if you want to "offer a new home" you'd go to the place the homeless are, not to the place where existing residents resort, right?

WE should not have deleted the post by david becouse those people that played that game will be redirected to our forums, but no. rules are rules i guess,

did u guys even play there i logged in for 30 minutes to see wat it was about and it was absolute shit house

I did the same.
I revisited the place for another 10 minutes today, but its very empty.
I voucher that its an utterly nonsensical BS.

Back