DEATH RACE l PVP Racing Event

Oh, you mean the one that looks like a rabbit path? :laugh:

No, I don't think so. This is nothing that is built into the track like a number of other features are. It just the fact that the track doubles back all over itself as it snakes around at the south end, and there is a point, probably quite clear from the air, where you can cut off the whole thing.

I've haven't been out there in few months. I'll go back and take another look, get a screenie if I can get up high enough (I do not have the power of flight :().

:beerchug:

Miles

As stated in your comments, there are some hidden area's of this track that can be used to ones benefit. Keep in mind, you will be under a constant threat of fire, and a seemingly large advantage like this that one may know of and another may not, could be a defining factor in a typical race, however in Death Race I think its does not make much of a difference. The finish line will be reached through persistent cunning and a solid plan, not a simple shortcut that anyone who reads this thread knows about. I'm quite familiar with the track, if you try to run a valk the direction I have designated for hummers you will see this ;) As I've noted earlier, I recommend familiarizing yourself with the track ahead of time...

Miles, your ava looks surprisingly like my cousin Adam from Colorado, lol

Registration updated

Cheers!!

Sign me up :cool:

Mike Jinx Doe
Valkyrie MK1 Class MK1
Team NOSA Member

No, I don't think so. This is nothing that is built into the track like a number of other features are. It just the fact that the track doubles back all over itself as it snakes around at the south end, and there is a point, probably quite clear from the air, where you can cut off the whole thing.
I've haven't been out there in few months. I'll go back and take another look, get a screenie if I can get up high enough (I do not have the power of flight :().

Miles, here is an aerial screen shot of that exact area from another thread...
I took this almost two weeks before the Death Race was even posted:

sky_cam_turnaround_tree.jpg

I'll head out sometime this week and find 5-10 additional alternate paths for us to take. :smoke:

Last edited:
As stated in your comments, there are some hidden area's of this track that can be used to ones benefit.

The finish line will be reached through persistent cunning and a solid plan, not a simple shortcut that anyone who reads this thread knows about.

So... to be absolutely clear on how this event will be run...

Shortcuts are allowed...
We do NOT have to stay on the track the entire time, correct?

I currently do not see that posted anywhere and I would hate for that to change.

BIG Industries Proudly Presents
gunner_seat.jpg

A Full Contact Racing Event

-------------------------------------------------------

:yay::yay:Giving away 2 Gungir MK1 Helicopters:yay::yay:
and 1 Megingjord with Turret!!

Sponsored by First Planet Company

-------------------------------------------------------

Concept:

Participants will pick between the Saehrimnir or Valkyrie class to compete in this PVP zone race, why pick? Because they will be racing in opposite directions on the same track at the same time!!!!

Each racer will be allowed a partner in the gunner seat of their vehicle (hereafter referred to as "Gunners"), who may be armed and armored as they see fit. Spectators are invited to fire upon the racers AFTER the race has started, please do not fire on the racers until 10 seconds after the race begins, failure to comply will most likely make you look like the missing anatomy of the feffoids.

Spectators AND Gunners , please respect the 10 second rule!!!

Should anyone break the 10 second rule they will be disqualified from the race
, or repeatedly PK'd by the good sports of this event ;) After the 10 second rule, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!!! Drivers are encouraged to bring spare vehicles (of the same class) and repair kits to allow them to continue the race after being blown away. Gunners are advised to shoot all participants and spectators on site to avoid being caught in a flaming ball of defeat!!

There will be 3 rounds for each class where racers will be given points based on their finishing position at the end of each round. These points will be totaled at the end of the event to determine the winner of each class.

When:

Round 1:
Valk MK1 Class:
Saturday March 12th 2011 @ 1800 MA Time

Saehrimnir MK1 Class:
Saturday March 12th 2011 @ 1800 MA Time

Round 2:
Valk MK1 Class:
Saturday March 12th 2011 @ 1900 MA Time

Saehrimnir MK1 Class:
Saturday March 12th 2011 @ 1900 MA Time

Round 3:
Valk MK1 Class:
Saturday March 12th 2011 @ 2000 MA Time

Saehrimnir MK1 Class:
Saturday March 12th 2011 @ 2000 MA Time

Where:

The races will take place on the track that is located on the northern peninsula of Myrene Island

Valkyrie will start at the South-western end (17765, 30297) and finish at the North-eastern end (19759, 32447)

valk_start_point.jpg

Saehrimnir will start at the North-Eastern end (19759, 32447), and finish at the South-western end (17765, 30297)

hummer_start_point.jpg

Point Structure:

In each round and each class, the racers finishing in the following positions, will be awarded the points as seen below:

1st: 10 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 5 points

(Example: Racer X finishes 2nd in round 1, 5th in round 2, and 1st in round 3, Racer X has a point total of 17)

Prize Structure:

The racer with the most points at the end of all 3 rounds in each class will receive a Shiny new GUNGIR MK1 helicopter!!!

The racer with the highest overall score between both racing classes that has not won themselves a Gungir MK1 will receive the Megingjord Mk1 tank with attached Turret!!!

Example:
Valk Class-
Racer X has 22 points
Racer Y has 17 points
Saehrimner Class-
Racer A has 15 points
Racer B has 10 points

X receives a Gungir, A receives a Gungir, and Y receives the Megingjord

Prizes will be awarded to the drivers of the winning vehicles

How to Register:

Submit your FULL AVATARS NAME and which vehicle you will be driving in this thread to be added to the registration list. Disclosure of your Gunner is not necessary.

Also:

Revive is Quite far away, so try to be well prepared ;)

Should you be killed during your race, you must start from the begging of the track again (so try not to die, lol)

This is a PVP zone, I cannot control it, keep that in mind ;)

Please avoid PKing me and any other event officials until the end of the event so we may keep things running smoothly ;)

You may register as a gunner in this event, however the driver of your vehicle cannot be registered as well, or they will receive any prize your vehicle earns. It is your responsibility to ensure they have not registered for the event if you expect to receive the prize. Registration lists will be kept as current as possible.

The use of teleport chips for anything other than returning to the starting line of your racing class after death will result in disqualification

Some wormholes will be available during the event courtesy of Auktuma of the Soldiers of Fortune society, big thanks to him for his contribution!!!

GOOD LUCK
and
SEE YOU AT THE

driver_seat.jpg

Last edited:
Sign me up too ... Saehrimnir mk 1.

Looks like a nice event, will sit the first one out and read how it went.

As stated in your comments, there are some hidden area's of this track that can be used to ones benefit.
My assumption is that hills, mountains, and anything that is not part of the track would be considered off the track. My statement above refers to hidden parts of the "track" nothing more.

So... to be absolutely clear on how this event will be run...

Shortcuts are allowed...
We do NOT have to stay on the track the entire time, correct?

I currently do not see that posted anywhere and I would hate for that to change.

To make myself abundantly clear I have added the following statement to the bottom of the OP:

Any routes that are not clearly part of the track (dirt road) are not permissible. Racers seen clearly using "off road" routes in an attempt to bypass any portion of the track will not receive any points that round should they place in the top 3. This rule will be strictly enforced at my discretion, no exceptions.

Helicoptors, bruunhilde, Geneis star rocket packs, Chikara trebuchets, acts of god, and the soon be introduced "BIG Industries slip-n-slide" are also off limits.

Please let me know if anything else is unclear ;)

Registration Updated

To make myself abundantly clear I have added the following statement to the bottom of the OP:

Any routes that are not clearly part of the track (dirt road) are not permissible. Racers seen clearly using "off road" routes in an attempt to bypass any portion of the track will not receive any points that round should they place in the top 3. This rule will be strictly enforced at my discretion, no exceptions.

Helicoptors, bruunhilde, Geneis star rocket packs, Chikara trebuchets, acts of god, and the soon be introduced "BIG Industries slip-n-slide" are also off limits.

So... the rules are now changing. :scratch2:

Might I ask how do you plan to enforce these new rules???

In my view the PvP element will be more fun if you forget about having to stick to the track. Being allowed to go off-road gives more scope for tactics. If everyone has to stick to a fairly narrow track, all that will happen is a short blast of killing each other at point blank range after the 10 seconds safe time, and whoever's left when all the other vehicles are destroyed will win the race without any more PvP.

Will you have a strong "security team" in charge of killing the disturbing PKers before and after the race? :)

My assumption is that hills, mountains, and anything that is not part of the track would be considered off the track. My statement above refers to hidden parts of the "track" nothing more.

I do think this still a little needs more said. From the way I read that, your meaning no BIG shortcuts? what about the stuff inside the track itself? As in cutting any given single corners like a signal right hand bend or missing out jumps that type of thing.

It's unclear to me How you will manage this to make sure it's a fair race. It's good prizes & we all now the lenths some will go to to Win & unless you can prove otherwise. Track cutting, Off roading, TP'ing, Mates turning up & killing racers &/or officals or just holding the officals up in some small way etc etc.. ) Point being how can you insure shortcuts aren't used when your at the revive 2-3 jumps away?

I fully understand the PVP thing(sounds fun). I like the idea of staying on the track. (propper racing) Allthough I really can't see you being able to manage this. I'm not saying you can't but I do wonder how? Only way I can see is that working is if you have more than one official per racer to follow making sure the track is followed. Ofc this then opens things up diffrent interpretations of the officals, who is who's friend, More Lag, etc etc..

If every one was to race in the sprit of a good event none of this would really be a problem, But like i've allready said Good prizes will mean ppl wanta win no matter what & we all know how that turns out.

As for acts of God, don't worry about that He's busy that day. My co-driver ;)

Anyways I'm just here for shits & giggles so sign me up please Meculus & we will see how this turns out.

NovaTech Spongey Bob
Valkyrie Class
Team NOSA Member

Last edited:
So... the rules are now changing. :scratch2:

Might I ask how do you plan to enforce these new rules???

Rules are not changing, they are being clarified. Instead of listing every single thing one cannot do, i listed what you can do in the event. It now seems apparent I need to list what one cannot do as well. This is also part of the reason the thread was started so much in advance, to allow kinks to be worked out ;)

In my view the PvP element will be more fun if you forget about having to stick to the track. Being allowed to go off-road gives more scope for tactics. If everyone has to stick to a fairly narrow track, all that will happen is a short blast of killing each other at point blank range after the 10 seconds safe time, and whoever's left when all the other vehicles are destroyed will win the race without any more PvP.

From the SE of (18038, 30638) there are multiple points to shortcut the track, to the point where it cuts the length of the track down significantly. I think this will take too large of a segment of the overall length out. The rest of the track there really are not significant areas to leave the track and gain an advantage. I've also placed the rules that if caught racers will not be disqualified from the event, they will just forfeit that rounds points. This adds an element for a racer to consider if it's worth the risk. I will of course require proof of this to enforce it if I do not see it with my own eyes.

Another factor to consider is the center point where the track weaves back and forth from this could easily be 1 location controlled by the biggest society, giving that shortcut to only 1 person they were looking out for. Granted its tactics, however I'd like to give at least a 1% chance to the racers that don't have a huge support team.

The 1st to break away from the pack will automatically win scenario does not quite fit. I've structured the 2 classes to fire off simultaneously to add complication for the 1 or 2 that may escape the pack. Keep in mind a car that stands alone will be the only target all the spectators would be inclined to fire on, so I do not foresee it being quite so simple to win as ditching the group after the 10 second rule.

Will you have a strong "security team" in charge of killing the disturbing PKers before and after the race? :)

I will do my best to enforce the very few rules there are, however this is PVP and as stated at the bottom of the OP I do not have complete control ;) A good motto for this scenario "Be Prepared" imo

Keep in mind while you dissect every sentence I've laid out here that the goal is to make a fun event for everyone involved. Some aspects may not be loved by all, but trust that my goal is to maximize the entertainment and fairness of the event as a whole.

Registration updated

Cheers!!

Last edited:
Please register me for this event:

Mr Nukem Quayjay
Valkyrie MK1 Class
Team NOSA

Please register me for this event:

Mrs Sinofmen Quayjay
Valkyrie MK1 Class
Team NOSA

Rules are not changing, they are being clarified. Instead of listing every single thing one cannot do, i listed what you can do in the event. It now seems apparent I need to list what one cannot do as well. This is also part of the reason the thread was started so much in advance, to allow kinks to be worked out ;)

Fair enough, thanks kindly for the reponse. :wtg:

Registration updated

At some point I will need to balance the classes to an extent, if you have the ability to race in the hummer class, give it some thought ;) If your already registered, don't worry, you wont be moved. However down the road I may lock registration for the Valk class until the saerihminer can get a decent count ;)

All in the nature of good fun, Cheers!!

Bump Bump Bump

Saehrimnir class

inthis Strash life

!!!!FREE BLACK CAR PAINTS WITH FLAMES!!!!

at random shortcuts during the race!

Okay might have already been adressed in this thread but it should be added to OP if it was. No-where does it say that you can not TP to the finish line. Also, are socs allowed to to show up with choppers and tanks to help another soc member win?

Okay might have already been adressed in this thread but it should be added to OP if it was. No-where does it say that you can not TP to the finish line. Also, are socs allowed to to show up with choppers and tanks to help another soc member win?

its totally allowed but you wont get points for it and therefore not win. And that is pointed out by the OP

Strash got your registration, good luck in the event m8 :)

As for the questions in regard to choppers/tanks yes, by any means necessary (within respect of the 10 second rule)
Just be sure to dress appropriately and carry a big stick ;)

Michael Mike Masters-Valkyrie

like the Ruby Rod of Asmodeus?

When I said "big stick", what I meant was: the biggest gun with the highest tiers and the every amp and enhancer you could ever dream of putting on it XD

Registration updated, Welcome to the competition Mike

Back