Developer Notes #6

The problem isn't to create a working code, the problem is when you try to
use same code for several features, and when you try to keep total amount
of code to a minimum
So easy to make too simple and not advanced enough when creating features
and actions that way... ;)

It's good programming practice to reuse parts of code (ie. functions and structures).
Also it's good practice to achieve same result with minimal code.

That's why what you said makes no sense to me... Are you a programmer yourself (what language if so)?

It's good programming practice to reuse parts of code (ie. functions and structures).
Also it's good practice to achieve same result with minimal code.

That's why what you said makes no sense to me... Are you a programmer yourself (what language if so)?

The problem is when someone do changes in code to fix one feature, but when doing so
it will screw up another one, and when you try to fix second issue you might screw up
yet another feature... and so on and so on, until you have a bunch of fixes that really
isn't optimal in general. :)

Due to some unforseen issues we could only include a fraction of the content originally scheduled for this release.

This content is now scheduled for the first release after the summer.

So no Melee Amps?:confused:

So no Melee Amps?:confused:

The upcoming release is the "first release after the summer", and that quote is from the beginning of summer... last VU.

Yeah that will be it, i missed out on a lot of fun games and I'm confused, why didn't i realise my opinion and subsequent post should really be the opinion of Skywalker and Yourself rather than my own.

EU is nowhere near as buggy as a lot of games I played in the past and liked. I'm sorry it is unplayable for you but it seems like everyone loves to trash coders these days.

Having multiple developers on the same project doesn't help but it's unavoidable in most cases.

One persons code can seem perfectly acceptable to them but to another be the worst kind of coding known to man.

There are lazy programmers and those who just can't be bothered.

I've had experience of using SDK's from printer manufacturers and I've had to tell them that they'd got bits wrong even then it took a while for them to accept it.

You should see some of the code I've seen, so tangled it's virtually impossible to follow. Some times I'm amazed I'm still sane.

I have to admit though that I've looked back at code I wrote a few years and thought wtf why did I do it that way.

Last edited:
EU is nowhere near as buggy as a lot of games I played in the past and liked. I'm sorry it is unplayable for you but it seems like everyone loves to trash coders these days.

I'm not trashing coders :) Every game i play runs great for me even EU, its the bugs and fixes that bother me they seem to be so freakin many,this may just mean they don't get enough time to fix things before the boss's want it released. EU isn't unplayable for me i have no idea why people keep making things up that i have said.

I'm not trashing coders :) Every game i play runs great for me even EU, its the bugs and fixes that bother me they seem to be so freakin many,this may just mean they don't get enough time to fix things before the boss's want it released. EU isn't unplayable for me i have no idea why people keep making things up that i have said.

Yeah I would love to see more bugs go the way of the dodo. :beerchug:

Give them a break will you?
Just to give you a small picture of what you have to deal with code-wise in an mmorpg:

why-is-it-so-hard-to-develop-a-mmo said:
World of Warcraft has:
5,500,000 – Lines of code
1,500,000 – Art assets
33,681 – Production tasks
70,167 – Spells
37,537 – NPCs (non-player characters)
27 – Hours of music
2600 – Quests in the original World of Warcraft
2700+ - Additional quests in WoW: The Burning Crusade
2350+ - Additional quests in WoW: Wrath of the Lich King
7650+ - Quests total (how many have you finished?)
4,449,680,399 – Achievements earned by players since their implementation (this figure is already a few days old, and therefore outdated)

Link: why-is-it-so-hard-to-develop-a-mmo

I dont know about EU. Probably much smaller in many ways but the fact that it is 10 years old and that it probably has tons of code from the older systems still in use, then might be up there with WoW when it comes to lines of code.

But I dont think it beats Debian 3.5's 324 million lines of code.
But make EU open source then I'm sure it will do :).

Yep, had this many times where time constraints are deemed more important than writing good code. The bodge it and fix it later style of coding :( I own a few games that used it- zero day patches 1gig in size.

Oh is that what I've done? I got confused? gotcha, it all makes sense now... Internet you say? i best do some research on this thing you call the Internet.

I do actually remember Homer saying the computers have internet now so that's where i shall start.

31 years gaming and you think I'm confused about online and stand alone :)

ROFL!
I think George is always the mother of wisdom. No need to care for ...

Developer Notes #6

• Lots of clothing and avatar display issues have been corrected.
  • Dozens of other issues have been corrected and bugs squashed.
Well, sounds really good to me. Let's see how close their list and my one are. Here is my list:

• all pants (F) geometry
  • sitting position is really strange, geometry is completely shitty
  • texture at Storm Coat (F) (and other coats)
  • wrong shadow with hats
  • botched Player Content for pictures
  • botched textures at clothes
  • malfunction at Shower Cabin
  • graphical errors in apartments with Shower Cabin
  • idiotic sexy pose
  • missing poses like sit/lay down at ground or bed or something
  • re-modelling/removing of all this big-tits-clothes/armors for female and male colonists
  • restart tiering items (my weapons/armors/FAPs don't tier since ages)
  • wrong rendering at my Urban Nomad Black Boots SGA

My other questions are:

• What about melee amps?
  • What about optional symmetrical makeup?
  • What about adjust tiering costs?
  • What about a clear difference between L and UL items? L items should have a shitty appereance
  • What about better avatar movement? Pelvis should go up an down while running.

And oh ... stop this Migration Event as soon as possible, please! And go back to normal, I lose so much money since it started.

Last edited:
The Imperial Zoological Scouts, citing reduced pheromone measurements, report that the Eomon herd seem to be nearing the end of their migration cycle. Nevertheless, the danger to unarmed colonists remains significant, especially in the regions near Minopolis and Ashi, where there have been unconfirmed reports of not only massive Eomon Patriarchs, but also carnivorous Atrox Queens feeding on the local wildlife.
Eomon - East of Boreas
Longtooth - Ithaca!

Originally Posted Here

well either it's ending or entering a new phase.

thak you for the new VU, I must rate my Mentor and graduate, as so many other disciples, and I hope, this Mentor/disciple-bug is history...

AndiJe -- Die Templer

[h=3]Developer Notes #6[/h]
  • Fixed an issue with camera shaking and restricted movement when avatars revive at a revival terminal.

May be we will be able to come back in 1st view when dead like it has always been, since it has been disabled making the "camera shaking" happen quite all the time after a death by mob.
* Notice#1 that this camera shaking "bug" appeared when the 3 middle islands (and the rextelum) were released. A bit long to "fix" it...
* Notice#2 that this camera shaking is rarely happening if you T (why not?..., and thus, why would it happen then after a death ?).

The benefits of this major infrastructure upgrade are many, including:
  • Greater server capacity (simultaneous users).

• Remove all non-necessary vegetation (I wonder why so MANY new trees have been added to some areas which were alread VERY laggy, examples of Medusa Head and Camp Phoenix)
  • Remove all non-necessary useless NPC in the 3 middle islands (example of Jameson tp), just like all useless static vehicles (and there are a lot).
  • Reduce the number of multiple NPC to 1 (example of Boreas tp) where there are 4 NPC (without counting the 4 others at xxx) for the same mission. (funny to see I crash pretty often now when I was NEVER before - Fuck the sweaters !(me inside)). (* Notice that we still log back on high tree leaf, long time bug.)
  • May be avoid already super laggy area for events ? the 2 typical worst areas are #1 Port Atlantis (certainly the hugest polygon number area), and #2 Twin Peaks, but you seem TO LOVE to to release high crowded avatar events there... the map is not big enough to choose those each time for Mayhem or Migration ? RAM Crash --> Talk to the hand...
  • Delocate the puny creatures and the new avatar arrival. No need to be Einstein to understand that...

Several bugs/features :

• PLEASE, give us a Disable Summon option.
  • My Sleipnir shortcut is magically spontaneously removed from my keyboard while I play (funny to spawn it 1 time, and next time the shortcut is removed, hard to believe this can be a bug), rare times for the Quad, and never for ground vehicles. (happening "again" since the 3 middle island release).
  • Atrax Young global disabled ? I killed ~2000 atrax without a single global @ Z'Lil Farm. At least ninja respawns and tons of MISS work greatly.
  • Loots under 1 ped a bit too often.. (Hey Marco, where are the 1 million ped HoFs we were supposed to see ?). Nova/Blazar/No loots, time to release new batches of CLD ?
  • Ninja respawns, while hunting, while mining, when spawning vehicles, when getting claims, and even when sweating. Cool, new ideas for next VUs ?
    Btw, receive hit from a ninja respawn BEFORE he is spawned in the game, i.e. visible (I saw that MANY times), I think it is time to use another word than "fair"...
  • 10 m range attack for mobs (and almost all). 2 rextelum in straight line can hit me in same time, and this is fair ?
  • 1st, 2nd, and some 3rd first shots are "EVADE", but the mob did not see me and did not move. Realistic ? At least destroy the range advantage while mob attacks is perfect.
  • Mobs still attack the fapper - No Comment...

• Time to go sunbathing and swim, enjoy summer times :), my friends are waiting for me, and I'm late.
    (And I waste my time doing this post...)

I replace the original text with something more usefull

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
Still exists here...

They say it will be fixed in upcoming release. Not that it has been fixed. Any competent gaming company would have fixed this revive bug by the next day or rolled back the update immediately. Instead we get to live with it for over a year....:dunce:

They say it will be fixed in upcoming release. Not that it has been fixed. Any competent gaming company would have fixed this revive bug by the next day or rolled back the update immediately. Instead we get to live with it for over a year....:dunce:

I've had far worse bugs in games from bigger game companies that has never been fixed despite being public knowledge :coffee: actually, a couple of my favourite games from a very big developer has gotten a ton of extremely serious bugs introduced in completely unneeded patches years after release :scratch2:

Oh, just to take a similar-ish bug... if ya jump while going through a door in Morrowind, you may die (because the interior/exterior are located at different "heights", I think) :silly2:

The benefits of this major infrastructure upgrade are many, including:
  • Greater server capacity (simultaneous users).

• Remove all non-necessary vegetation (I wonder why so MANY new trees have been added to some areas which were alread VERY laggy, examples of Medusa Head and Camp Phoenix)
  • Remove all non-necessary useless NPC in the 3 middle islands (example of Jameson tp), just like all useless static vehicles (and there are a lot).
  • Reduce the number of multiple NPC to 1 (example of Boreas tp) where there are 4 NPC (without counting the 4 others at xxx) for the same mission. (funny to see I crash pretty often now when I was NEVER before - Fuck the sweaters !(me inside)). (* Notice that we still log back on high tree leaf, long time bug.)
  • May be avoid already super laggy area for events ? the 2 typical worst areas are #1 Port Atlantis (certainly the hugest polygon number area), and #2 Twin Peaks, but you seem TO LOVE to to release high crowded avatar events there... the map is not big enough to choose those each time for Mayhem or Migration ? RAM Crash --> Talk to the hand...
  • Delocate the puny creatures and the new avatar arrival. No need to be Einstein to understand that...
You are confusing client problems with server performance.
Most of the bullets on your list, has nothing at all to do with server performance.

Any competent gaming company (or any other company), prioritizes their tasks.
While I certainly don't always agree with MAs prioritizing, (true I don't know the business cases or cost/benefit or whatever they use), this isn't really a top issue imo.

But it's annoying, so I'm glad they finally fix it.

The problem is that they can't kill the bugs. My bet is that they get it fixed now, but when they implement PP content, it will be back. When it comes to fixing, I have more faith on Soviet Russia than Mindark.

Hope they fix so that we (or atleast those of us that has this problem) can shut down eu normally. I (and others) have since a few vus back been unable to exit eu normally. We have to use the task manager and force a shut down of eu... it's quite annoying, a simple relog is a nuisance... and yes i have uninstalled eu, deleted all associated folders and removed everything related to mindark in regedit then re-downloaded and installed the whole thing... doesn't work ><

You are confusing client problems with server performance.
Most of the bullets on your list, has nothing at all to do with server performance.

lol, funny guy :)

I'm looking forward to this update.
And mostly the vehicle and space bugs part.
This as I'm now a fresh new spaceship entrepreneur.

I wonder what will change,

Greetings,
Lucky 13 Warp Enterprise's ( EFA alliance member )

I've had far worse bugs in games from bigger game companies that has never been fixed despite being public knowledge :coffee: actually, a couple of my favourite games from a very big developer has gotten a ton of extremely serious bugs introduced in completely unneeded patches years after release :scratch2:

Oh, just to take a similar-ish bug... if ya jump while going through a door in Morrowind, you may die (because the interior/exterior are located at different "heights", I think) :silly2:

Yup, this was my point. When you say MA is the worst you are comparing it to a lot of games that were completely unplayable at times. Anyone remember being flagged in AC for TWO YEARS when all mobs would attack you instead of other players? The last time i fell through the world in Entropia was when aakas instances first came out, I haven't even teleported under it in a while. Compare that to games where that's how everyone knows you can use it to skip content.

The bugs people complain about now are nowhere near as bad as the bugs in this very game several years ago. Now, there are some abusive features to be sure (guest list abuse).

Yup, this was my point. When you say MA is the worst you are comparing it to a lot of games that were completely unplayable at times. Anyone remember being flagged in AC for TWO YEARS when all mobs would attack you instead of other players? The last time i fell through the world in Entropia was when aakas instances first came out, I haven't even teleported under it in a while. Compare that to games where that's how everyone knows you can use it to skip content.

The bugs people complain about now are nowhere near as bad as the bugs in this very game several years ago. Now, there are some abusive features to be sure (guest list abuse).

I'll stop complaining about bugs when they fix the dimineshed heal after a revive
That would've taken them 3 years to fix if it was fixed today..

Well , early October then , all fine by me.
Bec a use the bugs ingame don't really trouble me.
Just adapt a little.
And over a month we adapt a little again.

Simples ;-D

Back