Do you believe all loot is determined by the "system" ?

Is ALL loot distributed through the "system" ?

• Yes, all loot is given out automatically through the algorithm

Votes: 220 47.1%
  • No, sometimes loots are manually "awarded" to a specific player

Votes: 247 52.9%

• Total voters

Zib Black Onyx

Stalker
Society
Manifest Destiny
Zib Black Onyx
Some people are naive to think that MA doesn't manually distribute loot sometimes.

I think in case of high end items, they influence it. The playerbase is very small, and there are very few ubers - so it isnt hard for em to track it a bit.

Who knows? .)

Some people are naive to think that MA doesn't manually distribute loot sometimes.

Why should they do it ?!
Absolutely no need, those that cycle most get most. Why should they interfere manually if the algorithm does it anyway for them?

We have evidence - - -> Just remember what happened in the RX-event. ( Subject of the strange technology who we think can be a Amp ).

The only question is how often it happens when we can not prove it.

Well, if we learned something from Arnold's Terminator series is that no machine can wholely substitute a person :cool:

MA HR Manifest

<page 5/17>

Special Loots' Manual Clicker

job reqs:
:scratch2: manually clicks high ped loots to certain chosen avatars
:scratch2: works closely and mantains good relations with 'Chooser of Special Avatars for Special Loots Clicking"
:scratch2: high click ratio per second
:scratch2: jolly person, team results oriented, selfaware, doesnt like alchool

Reactions: alh
Personally I dislike being called naive because someone asks a question without any interest listening to any other arguments than those supporting their own beliefs.

Personally I dislike being called naive because someone asks a question without any interest listening to any other arguments than those supporting their own beliefs.

I simply wanted people to know what the OP position is on the subject.

You are only naive if you believe. :wtg:

I don't think it's sometimes. I've been keeping an eye on all 20k+ loots over 3 years and always there's a few days to a month of lower than average hofs before the big one. The only exception I've seen was a couple of weeks ago when there were ~4 10k hunting ubers with Boobie and Lhava's ath.

If it was truly random, it would not be as predictable. Right now, for example, we just got a 100k mining after about a month of sub-par hofs (about 5 towers in that time?) Crafting has had a long dry spell, maybe 2 weeks now with only I think 1 16k hof. Hunting, however, seems unusually high with odd monsters giving monster loots. However, before the big one Boobie/Lhava hit, there was like a three week drought where no prots were over 2k.

Edit: Oh, I don't think MA is choosing who gets the big loots, but I firmly believe that they are suppressing big loots until a certain quota, time, or amount of deposits has passed.

So, imho, even if I don't get the big loot, I want to be in the right place at the right time. If I feel there's a big hunting loot coming, I'd better be doing prots or levi, not baby trax. If there's a big mining loot coming, I want to be on CND. If there's a big craft coming, I want to be on full condition.

One other interesting observation: There's only been one ath ever over 200k, and one mining ath over 150k. Theoretically, the maximum possible loot should be much higher, but many people believe that the maximum possible loot mulitplier is capped by MA.

Last edited:
I think you're naive to think they do :)
This is almost as good as claiming it's a little pixie MA hired to push the magic hof button, and that the hof sparkles and swirlies are evidence of that because they look shiney.

People cost money. Computers do it for free. 'nuff said.

(and before you get any ideas, i think i'm the only person on the entropiatracker hunting top 200 who hasn't hoffed to get there :laugh: )

This is almost as good as claiming it's a little pixie MA hired to push the magic hof button, and that the hof sparkles and swirlies are evidence of that because they look shiney.

(and before you get any ideas, i think i'm the only person on the entropiatracker hunting top 200 who hasn't hoffed to get there :laugh: )

:D so right! This should go down in an EU manual of misconceptions.

Why should they do it ?!
Absolutely no need, those that cycle most get most. Why should they interfere manually if the algorithm does it anyway for them?

As they say.

i got shit since.....6 years in a row ? Well, if this is an algorythm, it sucks !

Do you have any specifc examples to highlight your belief? I can think of tons (both recent and historical) that say otherwise.

Perhaps it would be better if you could list which avas exactly you think are the "chosen few" (yes, yes, joke on my soc name) and we can research item/uber loot drops and see if your theory fits facts.

I think that MA is putting some loot out manually... Like rare items, but they do not put the rare items out towards a set individual or a set team. I think it's something like:

Example: The Balancing Manager gives order to the "Manual Loot Guy Planter" that a new pair of Shadow Thighs M is needed. So he for example puts it out on ambulimax and that the 5000th ambulimax from now on that is being killed, will drop the Shadow Thigh M. Then the Shadow Thighs M will have a big probability to go to a überhunter or someone who cycles a lot of PEDs.

This is just an example but I think they put some rare item loot out manually, and even sometime they might even put it out because an animal is being hunted very hard (for example when Art of War or any other übersociety is using k's of PEDs on hunts) I do think the big animal oil hofs are being planted automaticly, just the rare UL items that they plant out manually.

I think it is naive to think MA would take such a risk for the scandal coming out while they benefit, well, nothing from it.

Click the link and you will have a new knowledge about how some things work.

Have info from friends wich is level designers and programmers that they controle some things such as this question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamemaster

Edit: I am in now way saying that MA/FPC uses this type of control or ways of balancing.
This is just usefull fact and a god thing to now about games etc.

I personally believe MA controls the loot system, the legendary "loot pool" in some way, to create some big loots.

I do not believe MA sets big loots or uber items to certain persons (Except in some events etc).

:eek:There is no HoF Pixie !????:eek:
:mad:darn!
Next thing you tell will be, that there is no easter bunny eacher and that S&BJ day is also a myth :D

Obviously some people believe they distribute loot manually sometimes.

But... Why the *beeep* would they want do that? :scratch2:

You might have noticed that every time MA do PR movie so, someone gets ATH.:)

Click the link and you will have a new knowledge about how some things work.

Have info from friends wich is level designers and programmers that they controle some things such as this question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamemaster

Edit: I am in now way saying that MA/FPC uses this type of control or ways of balancing.
This is just usefull fact and a god thing to now about games etc.

Strange akt off MA:s Gamemaster then after the end off SGA-event.:D

Strange akt off MA:s Gamemaster then after the end off SGA-event.:D

Imagine the game's longest lasting event 4 months and as much money as the players have put on it ..... Ends with fiasco.

Obviously they reward event rewards manually. like the wastelander events etc. So assuming you only mean the stuff that pops up in a normal loot window.....

I doubt there is any manual interaction at all for a specific player. There definitly could be manual interaction as far as item x doesnt drop, they flip and switch and now it can drop. Thats manual interaction, but it still doesnt determine who gets the item.

It seems like a real easy system to me. There are a list of items, and quotas for each item as far as how many can exist in the game. If number of items in game >= quota the item cant drop. If number of items in game < quota it can drop. As well as other requirements like item x can only drop on mob y, or in a loot of value>z, etc.

They could manually fudge the quotas anytime they want tho.

Same thing with loot sizes. Im sure they could easily flip a switch and make the system save up for a big hof, but who gets it, i dont think they can control that.

--------------

In theory they could do whatever they want tho. They could do manual loots to a specific player. But think about it for a minute, if proof ever got out, they would be screwed.

ok for sake of argument lets imagine that EU was like a fruit machine

You kill a mob

first reel says is it the right mob
second reel says is it the right maturity
third wheel says are you top, middle, bottom skilled

there may be more reels

so as you can see it is not fixed for any particular uber but is based on skill but does mean that say the 'top' 10% will get the big ones more often

Now since EU is a smallish player base that means that it will appear that people are singled out.

This is true and not true but what is true is that however much you increase your skills unless someone in 10% leaves you will never loot like the top 10%

This is why myself and my socm8s can hunt prot all the time and forever and will never get any big loot or special item and that well known players will get the good loots.

This I have come to understand :) and still play :)

I however still do not have a theory as to how random noobs can get very big loots :)

gl luck all and remember it is just a game :)

Is there evidence of anything else?

Having a poll suggests that there is no evidence of loot being distributed specifically to one person. Otherwise, why not just point to the proof.

Without proof, it's all theory. And not a very good one.

Last edited:
ok for sake of argument lets imagine that EU was like a fruit machine

You kill a mob

first reel says is it the right mob
second reel says is it the right maturity
third wheel says are you top, middle, bottom skilled

there may be more reels

so as you can see it is not fixed for any particular uber but is based on skill but does mean that say the 'top' 10% will get the big ones more often

Now since EU is a smallish player base that means that it will appear that people are singled out.

This is true and not true but what is true is that however much you increase your skills unless someone in 10% leaves you will never loot like the top 10%

This is why myself and my socm8s can hunt prot all the time and forever and will never get any big loot or special item and that well known players will get the good loots.

This I have come to understand :) and still play :)

I however still do not have a theory as to how random noobs can get very big loots :)

gl luck all and remember it is just a game :)

...and one should not forget, how often those ubers pull that reel.
I do not think it has really anything to do if you are one of the "usual suspects" but rather how much you have cycled , in what time and set of skills. Maybe even include the decay and auction fees spent as triggers.
Real gambling would mean that someone with zero skills and nothing spent and cycled would have absolutely the same chances as an uber.
As long as I do not see an noob landing and getting a 150k ATH on a Berry young, I do not believe in "luck".
Some mght be pissed because they think they "earned" their special loot also, but in my opinion it takes way more to "earn" that place, way more than 10kUSD lost and way more than time in EU than just 2-3 years.
(...and I will prove it as soon as I unlock Killstrike in 3-4 years :D )

yep...

yep... they do hand out special things... BUT... only on special occassions, such as the halloween gifts, etc... those do appear in a loot window I think... so they are technically a part of the loot system in some strange way, maybe?

Back