Do you think it's fair MA!

SunnyS

Old Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Sunny 'SunG' Day
Just a few points:

1. VU and special giveaways always happen during a time where any countries that are far away from Sweden get absolutely f&^%'ed.
  2. I am getting 17 kb/s on a 10MB line because I am in Australia... so pretty much I would either have to stay up all night to even get a chance at a car... which I doubt .... why not release alternates straightaway!
  3. It is an international/global game..is it not?... we pay quite a lot of money to play this as well.
FOR GOD SAKE HAVE SOME FAIRNESS AND BALANCE IN THE GAME... IT'S NOT ALWAYS LUCK OF THE DRAW HAHAHA! GREAT EVENT!!!

I have to agree 100% with you. This happens EVERY TIME FPC avatars are involved in an event because FPC is not online 24/7. They should work this sort of stuff in to the quest system or other online game systems like the holiday giveaway system that are online 24/7... FPC employees only work so many hours a day, and their avatars only work a far smaller amount of time when they are on the clock.... The virtual WORLD exist 24/7, and is not a small virtual COUNTRY that only exists when FPC avatars are online.

Additionally, for those that do manage to get online at the right time (skip class, call in sick for work?), the lag from FPC avatars being online is going to be huge because of the massive amount of avatars trying to get the freebie prizes... so the real "winners" are really just the rich kids in Sweden that have a direct connection almost with MA's server and no lag since there's less time for the packets to get slowed down, etc.

This has been a major complaint from us folks over here in the states, and over where you are for many, many years. Hopefully Hanne and Marco read this and start taking action to fix this problem in future events.

Just a few points:

1. VU and special giveaways always happen during a time where any countries that are far away from Sweden get absolutely f&^%'ed.
  2. I am getting 17 kb/s on a 10MB line because I am in Australia... so pretty much I would either have to stay up all night to even get a chance at a car... which I doubt .... why not release alternates straightaway!
  3. It is an international/global game..is it not?... we pay quite a lot of money to play this as well.
FOR GOD SAKE HAVE SOME FAIRNESS AND BALANCE IN THE GAME... IT'S NOT ALWAYS LUCK OF THE DRAW HAHAHA! GREAT EVENT!!!

You forget that here in Sweden some people work for there living and are at office right now and can't take part of this. It's alert americans and unemployed europeans that benefit.

You forget that here in Sweden some people work for there living and are at office right now and can't take part of this. It's alert americans and unemployed europeans that benefit.

Hi Mate, please dont misunderstand me, I have nothing against Swedish ppl enjoying the game or against anyone for that matter (including MA/FPC) ...just mentioning the imbalance and frustrations from other parts of the world.

Must agree... events such as this free car giveaway must be set up so that people from all timezones has a equal chance. And perhaps try to go for weekends too... more people can join / bet most of us have work or study on weekdays...

Us Americans work too. And at the start of the event it was around 8 am here, east coast, and everyone was either at work or going to work.

I too am saddened that nearly every event that I have seen in this game has been geared towards operation hours that benefit people in Europe. Can someone name an event that started say 6-7 pm here in the US?

Well.... should not the asian contries have a very good time for the event? They do this at daytime when most of us european are at work, in asia, australia it should be evening and a good time for some computer time. But i agree, they should hire some event handlers or similar that are living at your side of the earth.

Hi,
We're going to be giving out vehicles today, and later tonight for people in other time zones. Also, the vehicles are in the construction loot, and we’re working on another promotion for the end of the week to make sure people will get a go with them.
/Frank

read pls and stop whining....

besides most europians are at work too when all updates are done..
and those that dont work sit for hours and wait for updates to be done and they wait and they wait and they wait (you dont have that)...

and all MA event at held in the day time for europians so those with a family mostly cant join cuz its in the afternoon.
i did join in any of the wastelander event cuz it was eather in the morning when im driving the kids or in the evening when i put em to bed so stop whining

Since the beginning of time MA staffers have been a 8-4 work day , im sure theres still alot of players who remember the days when the server would crash and NorthAmerican players would sit around and chat untill the staff would get to work in the morning and restart the server leaving us an hour to hunt before bedtime. So no surprise they still give out the good stuff during MA business hours (while we sleep and work ) .

Unless MA makes it a week long event, with a rotating schedule, some people will always get the shit end of the stick.
I already counted on getting my (not free) vehicle from the auction (when it works) or maybe from a loot.

If the timing benefits anyone its the Australians.

Looting of towels (the 42ped ones) and energetic bunnies was a more fair way I think. Well, they didn't drop from crafting or mining afaik but if they did it would be the most fair way I can think of...

Looting of towels (the 42ped ones) and energetic bunnies was a more fair way I think. ..

I wasn't on the bunny list or the towel list :rolleyes:
But that would be a better way.

Back