Question: Do you think you will invest money/ peds in the first new planet arriving in game?

Are you waiting the 1st new planet in game to invest your money/PEDS in?

• Yes, I will invest in the 1st one

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • No I will wait some others to choose in which one invest.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I don't want to invest in any new planets arriving

Votes: 55 27.5%
  • I don't care new planets, I will stay on Calypso

Votes: 54 27.0%

• Total voters

Torlin

Dominant
Society
Excalibur
Torlin ECMI Bardurius
I would like to know if some of you are waiting for the first planet arriving soon in game to invest in, with money/ PEDs?.
Will you wait all the planets or just invest in the first you can visit and play?
Thanks for your answers.

i am confident that the introduction of a new planet will change the dynamic calypso to the better, so i will stay on it, that dosn t mean ill spend time in new planets exploring the posibilities :D

I have a question about the new planets... you will have to create a new avatar for the next planet let`s say Next Island? or the new planets will have different rules like CND or CP for example and we will be available to travel between planets?
or I`m missing something ?

Last edited:
I intend to visit the other planets and see what they have to offer. I imagine that I will continue to deposit and I anticipate that my peds will be welcome on the new planets.

As far as investing - I don't intend to buy an asteriod, bank, shopping mall, hanger or anything similar on the new planets, so - no "investing".

new

I would like to SEE something new. If I will like it or spend ped there is another thing. that said:

I fear change.

A shop on Next Island or Planet Cyrene would be cool. :)

At the moment I do not intend to invest any money in a planet which I have not seen. I will undoubtedly check it out, though, and base any investment decisions on what I see. The most important thing to me is that it should be fun, if it is not then I will not be investing anything.

I have a question about the new planets... you will have to create a new avatar for the next planet let`s say Next Island? or the new planets will have different rules like CND or CP for example and we will be available to travel between planets?
or I`m missing something ?

We will have the same account AND avatar when travelling.

When logging on, we will start at where we last logged off, and we will somehow be able to travel between planets.

PED will be the currency on all planets, and our PED card will go with us.

Items and skills will be transferable, but might not be useable on other planets (like when you go to the iceage in next island you wont be able to use laser weapons ;))

I would like to SEE something new. If I will like it or spend ped there is another thing. that said:

I fear change.

How about "SEE Virtual Worlds"? ;) lol

I will check out the new planets before I decide where to stay :D and will probably travel some even then ;)

I don't think there's actually anything that may be investable at such an early stage.. it's all... "suck it and see"..... right?, early days.. early days and all that.

I'll check the place out, see if its any different to Calypso and then make my decision to deposit / invest.

What will probably happen is that as soon as shops / apartments / houses are sold on the new planet the resellers will be buying them up and doubling / trebling the price. Who ever the owner is hopefully they put a stop to it and sell to the people who'll use them or have a shop rental system.

Last edited:
I don't think there's actually anything that may be investable at such an early stage.. it's all... "suck it and see"..... right?, early days.. early days and all that.

I think it will be either:
1) Nothing to invest in, just showing off the new world

or..

2) Shitload of stuff to invest in, so the planet partner gets quick money and publicity :D

I would like to know if some of you are waiting for the first planet arriving soon in game to invest in, with money/ PEDs?.
Will you wait all the planets or just invest in the first you can visit and play?
Thanks for your answers.

also for this reason i cut my deposit of almost 80% ( this mean i deposit one time in 5 months......)

Sorry guys is loot is bad, it is also my fault, but i m tired to gift money to the usual ones.
ciao

No effing way: It's still Mindark controlling the money no matter what Planet it is.

Yes i will spending some peds to explore other planet to buy items which some calypso items cant transfer to other planet. So i assume i would spending on odd weapons or whatever for other planet. Otherwise i will not investment on new planet yet. i have to wait and see how they get along for 1 yr. then i will probably will do it or not.... it depend the outcome of loots from mobs or mining from there???

I suppose i should add about my potential investment as the vote is not there for me.. i'm not a person that has real investment money on the scale of buying property and/or items but i think i would invest more in my avatar if i think it's worth it in regard to the new planets but we don't fully know yet what lies ahead, my home and main point of progressional investment lies on calypso and i can't help thinking that there ( for me ) may be no reason to think of invesment into other planets.. maybe i just depo a bit extra for the purpose of exploration :)

we will somehow be able to travel between planets

Given that we're currently using a software called "Planet Calypso" (well, the shortcut), I don't believe that.

Given that we're currently using a software called "Planet Calypso" (well, the shortcut), I don't believe that.

yeah because it is SO hard to change the name of the program ppl downloads when they add the planets? :scratch2:

Marco said that this is the case.

My ped is going towards helping lilac be the best "planet calypso" avatar she can be.

any "investment" will be done because of that...

i'll check the new planets out, and if they're giving away free ped and stuff, i'll stay for a bit...

but if i'm gonna lose ped, i'm comfortable with my current love/hate relationship;)

I'm still wondering how this will pay off, i dont see THAT many people to need a new planet or planets. let alone if Ma has the funds to allow a good profit margin across so many areas.

But i suppose they did it on one planet, maybe they can pull off a few more. :)

I'm still wondering how this will pay off, i dont see THAT many people to need a new planet or planets. let alone if Ma has the funds to allow a good profit margin across so many areas.

But i suppose they did it on one planet, maybe they can pull off a few more. :)

I'd be very surprised if MA has any expenses for funding the operations of the new planets... the new planets are theoretically marketing to a different demographic than planet calypso players.

my understanding is that companies pay MA for the right to use the "ped" system, but pay for the marketing and development of their own games

I feel like there will be some who switch games within EU... mainly thise who liked the RCE aspect of gaming but don't like/are bored with the current state of our current game.

profit for MA... the question is how it will affect us...

I'm actually saving up for it...

I think
:scratch2:

Given Jon's inbred concepts of investment opportunites there should or will be a chance to get in on some good ground floor opporunities... Calypso itself may also be ripe for investement as farming is comming... This is it and we have the advantage of being here first with the acummulated knowledge of the basic dynamics...

I think?
:scratch2:

well except MA are not the ones developing the new planets... and all planet partners are expected to bring in their own players...

I seem to remember some estimates for the coming years being 100s of planets and millions of ppl online @ all times ;)

This is a really interesting issue.

With all the talk of a 'second golden age' people are thinking about the 'first' golden age. We all remember those stories of shadow parts dropping like oil and we wish we were there.

So, with the opening of new planets we think, 'I need to get in early. If I go there as soon as the planet opens maybe I can get in on some fast drops of uber gear.'

I'd expect a decent number of current FPC players to give the new planets a quick run to see if they can get lucky with some drops.

This causes a problem back here on the home planet. If a large number of people rush the new planets - what will the economy be like back at home?

The potential for a market downturn on Calypso brings up a related question - do you feel safe investing PEDs in Calypso with the new planets on the horizon?

Take me for example - because of a real life job change and a move to a new country I have been on a Entropia hiatus. Aside from a few brief logins to donate PEDs to a friend and witness the Typhoon - I haven't logged in for nearly 6 months. Now I'm considering a return to Entropia but I can't decide if buying 'stuff' on Calypso is safe at this point in the game.

To answer the original question I will probably do the noob stuff on the new planets. This will allow me to explore the new worlds and experience what they have to offer.

When logging on, we will start at where we last logged off, and we will somehow be able to travel between planets.

Items and skills will be transferable, but might not be useable on other planets (like when you go to the iceage in next island you wont be able to use laser weapons ;))

I will check out the new planets before I decide where to stay :D and will probably travel some even then ;)

I sure hope that you're right... The last thing I need is to be depositing with 4 - 5 different accounts!

Can you say Mirage.

Wait did I not hear of them years ago?

Invest. No. I would like to buy something to play with.

Its all a Mirage.

Cant wait to play in Rocktropia myself. PLAY

I will invest my PED in whatever new ventures are open to me. I'll invest my money when I get a job and can afford to deposit :laugh:

I said I would, but I just wanted to clarify that I wouldn't just jump in and invest because it is the first planet or anything.

I simply mean if when exploring one of the new planets I come across something I feel is worthy of investing in then I would be wiling to do it.

Can you confirm some of the items wont be able to be use on some planets like laser weap or my marber ? Or just show where did you get those information it is very interesting.

Back