Does pre-damage effect your future play?

jerichob

Old
If I help a friend and pre-damage his mobs in Mayhem event, will it have a negative impact on drops later in the game? Will drops be worse or lack of globals??

Well I'm more worried about the average loot on mobs that have been pre-damaged... But will know after the event if it had any effect :)

If I help a friend and pre-damage his mobs in Mayhem event, will it have a negative impact on drops later in the game? Will drops be worse or lack of globals??

You'll get no looters for at least 7 years...how should anyone know? Not like any of us figured out how the loot system actually works even though some people claim they have...

Though there has been research that points to loot being tied to decay or mob hp...I dont think anyone really knows.

That is easy to answer.

All that is needed is for you to do it, monitor your results for a month or 4 after, and tell us.

"Is this hot?"

"I do not know, touch it, and if you burn your fingers then I guess it is hot!"

Well, it would be very expensive for your friend - he will use a lot of ammo and get no loot. He will be totally dependent upon what you give to him. I would guess that you will get a little more loot than usual, don't know if you will notice it though.

There's no way of knowing for sure. But if you win a stake in a $35k land area that should help matters :D

For the record I did some support for a few hours in the WoF Final last year, pre-damaging mobs and not looting. Got a 350 PED loot worth 1k PED the next day. Coincidence I'm sure, but at least suggests the system wasn't 'punishing' me in any way.

Thanks for all the answers. I wouldn't like to do the pre-damaging for a friend with future depleted drops. That would ruin all the fun from the game.

Although nobody knows the loot system for sure, it was statistically proved that depositers get better drops. Some long time ago, I've heard that constant pre-damaging mobs is detectable and rather punishable by MA.

nvm didnt read properly

Last edited:
You'll get no looters for at least 7 years...how should anyone know? Not like any of us figured out how the loot system actually works even though some people claim they have...

I always thought that the punishment is a live without any sex and wetting your bed every night :D

Only sissies kill pre-damaged mobs :D

yes ..becouse you give him the points from the ammo spent

Thanks for all the answers. I wouldn't like to do the pre-damaging for a friend with future depleted drops. That would ruin all the fun from the game.

Although nobody knows the loot system for sure, it was statistically proved that depositers get better drops. Some long time ago, I've heard that constant pre-damaging mobs is detectable and rather punishable by MA.

Statistically proven? When, where, how?

1st: u made that out of your mind
2nd: It was statistically proved that non/depositors get same loot on avarage as depositors.

I ahve seen no evidence that the system punishes killstealers, or that it punished those who a kill is stolen from. (this is bascially what the question is asking)

Certainly you will be getting xp from damaging a mob

pre-damaging neither has a positive or negative impact on your future loot.

How do i know santa claus told me !

Back